When a medical provider makes a mistake at the expense of your health, we ensure that you get a full recovery
Medical Malpractice Lawyers
Medical Malpractice Lawyers St. Louis, MO. If you were treated by a physician, nurse or other medical professional who broke the rules of medical care and caused you injury, you can receive a full recovery for your damages. You must have skilled St. Louis, MO medical malpractice lawyers by your side in order to receive the full recovery you deserve. Our team of committed and knowledgeable medical malpractice lawyers of Burger Law in St. Louis, MO are dedicated to fighting for individuals and families who have been damaged by a negligent act. We are not intimidated by large medical institutions and their insurance companies. We hold them accountable. In our decades of experience as a St. Louis, MO injury law firm, we have helped our clients receive over $170 million in verdicts and settlements and continue to ensure that people who have been damaged by medical malpractice receive the compensation they deserve. To collect the complete settlement you deserve, hire Burger Law's medical malpractice lawyers in St. Louis, MO. Get help finding justice in your medical malpractice case by speaking to one of our skilled attorneys today at (314) 500-HURT or online now.
St. Louis, MO Medical Malpractice Lawyers
Medical malpractice cases are difficult. You are one person going against a large medical institution or a powerful and wealthy doctor. You need a strong medical malpractice lawyer in St. Louis, MO who will fight relentlessly until you get a great settlement. Our St. Louis, MO medical malpractice lawyers do not stop working for you until we are able to help you win your case.
Medical malpractice cases are highly technical, difficult and contested. As such, it is paramount that you work with a lawyer that is has experience representing and winning not just simple personal injury cases, but also in difficult and complex medical malpractice cases. Burger Law's St. Louis, MO-based medical malpractice lawyers have obtained great results for our clients for more than two decades. Our commitment to going above and beyond for our clients and our skill in delivering top settlements have earned us the honor of the highest and most reviewed law firm in the area.
When you need the best legal representation for your case involving medical negligence or a doctor error, contact Burger Law. We thoroughly investigate your case, track down all evidence, determine the true value of your claim, negotiate on your behalf, and offer support and counsel throughout the legal process. Count on us to handle all aspects of your case including filing all paperwork on time and without error, communicating between yourself and the insurance company, helping you get the medical care you need to recover and speaking with healthcare professionals who act as a critical witness to translate the facts of your case in lay terms. You will have a dedicated St. Louis, MO medical malpractice lawyer and legal support staff from Burger Law who will fight for your claim every step of the way. Let us get to work on your case now. Speak to our medical malpractice lawyers in St. Louis, MO now at (314) 500-HURT.
What Do I need to Do to File a Malpractice Case
Click to view video
Medical Malpractice Lawyers St. Louis, MO: Proving Your Case
In order to have a medical malpractice case, certain facts must be true. In other words, you cannot have a medical malpractice lawyer sue a doctor or nurse for you simply because you disagree with the way a doctor went about your care or you do not care for their bedside manner. For your medical malpractice case, your St. Louis, MO medical malpractice lawyer is tasked with proving that the medical provider you are bringing the claim against had a duty to provide you with care as a medical professional, that they failed to meet this duty, that you were harmed and that it was their behavior or failure to act that caused you harm.
To receive compensation for your medical malpractice case, you have to prove that your case meets the four legal requirements of a St. Louis, MO medical malpractice claim. This is where a skilled and experienced medical malpractice lawyer in St. Louis, MO comes in. With our expertise, we will effectively investigate, negotiate and present the facts of your claim. The experienced Burger Law St. Louis, MO medical malpractice lawyers have spent decades litigating and trying cases like yours to hone our ability to represent you. Your St. Louis, MO medical malpractice lawyer will demonstrate how your case meets the requirements of medical malpractice in St. Louis, MO.
As your St. Louis, MO medical malpractice lawyers, we know how to prove:
- Duty of care: Just like in a standard personal injury case, to have a medical malpractice claim you must prove that the defense party owed you a duty of care. In the medical relationship between a medical professional and patient, the provider owes the patient a legal duty to follow safety rules that protect the patient from harm.
- Breach of duty: The second component to a medical malpractice claim is proving that the defendant failed to meet their duty of care. When the medical provider breaks the rules for treating patients and does not act as a responsible medical provider would have acted in the same situation, they have breached their duty of care to you.
- Damages: It is not enough for the provider to have made a mistake. For your a successful medical malpractice claim, you must prove that you were injured. Your St. Louis, MO medical malpractice attorney from Burger Law will successfully demonstrate the various damages you have suffered.
- Causation: The last component your St. Louis, MO medical malpractice lawyer must prove is that the medical provider's actions or inactions, and not an unrelated factor, caused your injuries and damages, such as pain and suffering, further medical bills and treatment costs, and lost wages from missed work.
It is important that you find an experienced St. Louis, MO medical malpractice lawyer to work for you and argue your medical malpractice case. As your St. Louis, MO medical malpractice lawyers, the legal team of Burger Law works tirelessly to help you recover. We depose expert witnesses, conduct thorough investigations, and strategically plan out our strongest arguments to paint an undeniable picture of how the defendant's actions have harmed your life and your future. With the help of our powerful and skilled St. Louis, MO medical malpractice lawyers, you can collect the complete damages to which you are entitled.
Can You Sue The Federal Government When Injured?
Can you sue the federal government when injured? What are federal tort cl …
What Compensation Will I Receive in My Birth Injury Lawsuit?
What Compensation Will I Receive in a Birth Injury Lawsuit? When your chi …
Who Can I Sue in a Medical Malpractice Case?
Who Can I Sue in a Medical Malpractice Case? Doctors are among the most t …
Common Medical Malpractice Cases
Why do instances of medical malpractice occur? Medical professionals are required to undergo extensive education and clinical training before they are qualified to treat patients on their own. Other medical staff such as nurses must complete requirements of their profession before they can work with patients. Despite the stringent requirements for becoming a medical professional, medical errors still occur. Johns Hopkins has determined that more than 150,000 deaths in the United States every year that are attributed to medical negligence. When doctors and other medical providers make mistakes, Burger Law's St. Louis, MO medical malpractice lawyers fight to help those who have been injured make the recovery necessary to heal and move forward.
Burger Law's St. Louis, MO medical malpractice attorneys have helped our clients win all manners of medical malpractice cases recover the compensation they deserve. We have worked on some of the most complex and challenging cases and have helped our clients receive great recoveries. After a medical provider's mistake seriously harms you or a loved one, Burger Law's medical malpractice lawyers in St. Louis, MO will help you recover, no matter the situation. Our experienced team has seen it all when it comes to medical malpractice situations, such as:
- Misdiagnosis: An incorrect diagnosis can be very dangerous. If you find that you have been misdiagnosed by your doctor, talk to a medical malpractice lawyer immediately. The wrong diagnosis can delay life-saving treatment or can lead a doctor to improperly prescribe a medication or other treatment. Misdiagnoses are the most common cause of medical malpractice cases.
- Delayed or missed diagnosis: It is the physician or specialist's responsibility to carefully examine the patient and use that information to detect and provide the correct diagnosis. When a doctor misses crucial information and fails to make the diagnosis, the patient could miss out on important care. Our St. Louis, MO medical malpractice are skilled in holding physicians and specialists accountable for missing a diagnosis that could have gotten you the treatment you needed.
- Failure to treat a condition: We trust our medical providers to use their knowledge and medical background to keep us safe and make us healthy. Medical malpractice occurs when the medical professional charged with a patient's care fails to provide treatment to address a condition or save the patient's life. Hospitals or other attending medical professionals are obligated to provide treatment and stabilize a patient in an emergency situation. In addition, if the patient develops a new condition while being treated by a provider, such as an infection, the provider must provide medical care to address the new condition. Failure to do so constitutes a medical malpractice case.
- Surgical errors: We are all aware of how complicated surgery can be and the gravity of its associated risks. Surgery can change and save lives and is used when the benefits outweigh the risks. The majority of surgeons and surgical staff are highly skilled and professional, yet mistakes and errors can still happen during surgery. If you or a family member underwent surgery and something went wrong in your treatment before, during or after your operation, our St. Louis, MO medical malpractice lawyers can help you get a full recovery. This could include the wrong dose or timing of anesthesia, a wrong incision, a piece of equipment left inside the body, operation on the wrong body part, or failure to monitor and maintain vitals. If any surgical errors happen to you or a family member, speak to our medical malpractice lawyers in St. Louis, MO right now.
- Prescription errors: Errors in prescribing medication happen when a doctor prescribes too small or large a dose, prescribes a medication that interacts dangerously with other prescribed medications, mistakenly prescribes the wrong medication or a pharmacist makes a mistake in filling the prescription. Prescription mistakes happen along every step of the prescribing process and require the work of medical malpractice lawyers to obtain a rightful recovery.
- Birth injuries: Birth injuries are a threat to both mothers and newborns. Failing to detect and treat a condition during pregnancy, causing complications during pregnancy such as by prescribing an unsafe medication for a pregnant woman, causing injury during the delivery process or failing to intervene upon the presentation of distress signs are all medical malpractice birth injury examples.
Hospital System Failures
Click to view video
Clear Medical Malpractice Violations
Click to view video
Causes of Medical Malpractice
The majority of medical malpractice cases can be attributed to human error and the strains of the industry. Though they have extensive training and must meet specific standards, doctors and other medical professionals are, indeed, human. Errors occur when those responsible for your care are inexperienced, improperly trained, overworked, burned out or fatigued. Miscommunication and systemic problems in the healthcare system also contribute to medical errors. Regardless of the cause, if a physician, technician, or other medical professional's negligence has caused you harm, you need the representation of a skilled medical malpractice attorney.
Work with Medical Malpractice Lawyers in St. Louis, MO
If you or your family member has been injured or harmed because a healthcare worker was negligent and broke a rule, you need to act now. Speak with an experienced medical malpractice lawyer about your case. Call Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT to discuss your situation with an accomplished St. Louis, MO medical malpractice lawyer and to determine what you can do to get the compensation you are owed. Get us on your case today by speaking to us now at (314) 500-HURT or by filling out our form, found here. Our St. Louis, MO attorneys are ready to demand your full recovery and will not rest until justice is served.