When a medical provider makes a mistake at the expense of your health, we ensure that you get a full recovery
Medical Malpractice Lawyers
Medical Malpractice Lawyers Sullivan, MO. When you or someone you love is harmed by a doctor, nurse, surgeon or another medical professional because they broke basic rules about safety and health care, you can receive a full recovery for your damages. In order to receive all the compensation you deserve, you need experienced medical malpractice lawyers near you in Sullivan, MO. Our team of committed and knowledgeable medical malpractice lawyers of Burger Law in Sullivan, MO are dedicated to fighting for the injured and their families. We are not intimidated by large medical institutions and their insurance companies. We demand they pay those they have harmed. To date, we have helped our clients receive over $170 million in verdicts and settlements and continue to ensure that people who have been damaged by medical malpractice receive the compensation they deserve. Act now for your chance to get the full compensation you deserve. Hire Burger Law's medical malpractice lawyers in Sullivan, MO. Learn how we can help you through your medical malpractice case and protect your future by speaking to one of our skilled attorneys today at (314) 500-HURT or online now.
Sullivan, MO Medical Malpractice Lawyers
Medical malpractice cases can be tough. One person cannot take on a large medical institution or wealthy doctor on their own You need a strong medical malpractice lawyer in Sullivan, MO who will fight relentlessly until you get a great settlement. Our Sullivan, MO medical malpractice lawyers do not stop working for you until we are able to help you win your case.
Medical malpractice cases are highly technical, difficult and contested. As such, it is paramount for you to choose a lawyer that is has experience representing and winning not just simple personal injury cases, but also in difficult and complex medical malpractice cases. Burger Law's Sullivan, MO-based medical malpractice lawyers have obtained great results for our clients for more than two decades. Our commitment to going above and beyond for our clients and our skill in delivering top settlements have earned us the honor of the highest and most reviewed law firm in the area.
Contact Burger Law to receive quality and dedicated legal representation when a doctor has harmed you. We handle everything from investigating your case carefully, obtaining all evidence, evaluating the extent and value of your damages, negotiating a great settlement and providing invaluable personal support and advice every step of the way. We will take care of everything from filing all paperwork on time and without error, communicating between yourself and the insurance company, helping you get the medical care you need to recover and speaking with healthcare professionals who act as a critical witness to translate the facts of your case in lay terms. You will have a dedicated Sullivan, MO medical malpractice lawyer and legal support staff from Burger Law who will fight for your claim every step of the way. We will begin working for you today. Speak to our medical malpractice lawyers in Sullivan, MO now at (314) 500-HURT.
What Do I need to Do to File a Malpractice Case
Click to view video
Medical Malpractice Lawyers Sullivan, MO: Proving Your Case
In order to have a medical malpractice case, certain facts must be true. You cannot have a medical malpractice lawyer sue a doctor or nurse for you simply because you disagree with the way a doctor went about your care or you do not care for their bedside manner. In a case of medical malpractice, your Sullivan, MO medical malpractice lawyer has to prove to the court that the individual or institution you are bringing your claim against had a duty to provide you with care, that they failed to meet this duty, that you were harmed and that it was their behavior or failure to act that caused you harm.
In order to recover damages in your medical malpractice case, you must prove that your case meets the requirements of a Sullivan, MO medical malpractice claim in the court of law. A qualified medical malpractice lawyer in Sullivan, MO can help. With our expertise, we will effectively investigate, negotiate and present the facts of your claim. The experienced Burger Law Sullivan, MO medical malpractice lawyers have the skill and strategies to successfully present and argue your case. Your Sullivan, MO medical malpractice lawyer will demonstrate how your case meets the requirements of medical malpractice in Sullivan, MO.
As your Sullivan, MO medical malpractice lawyers, we will help you prove:
- Duty of care: Just like in a standard personal injury case, in your medical malpractice claim you must prove that the defendant owed you a duty of care. In a provider-patient relationship in a medical setting, the medical professional owes the patient a legal duty to follow safety rules that protect the patient from harm.
- Breach of duty: Next, you must prove that the defendant failed to meet their duty of care. A medical provider breaches their duty of care to their patient when they break the basic rules for treating patients or fail to do what a responsible medical professional would have reasonably done in the same situation.
- Damages: You cannot sue a provider only because they made a mistake. In order to have a successful medical malpractice claim, you must prove that you experienced injuries. Your Sullivan, MO medical malpractice attorney from Burger Law will successfully demonstrate the various damages you have suffered.
- Causation: Lastly, your Sullivan, MO medical malpractice lawyer must prove that the medical provider's actions or inactions, and not an unrelated factor, caused your injuries and damages, such as pain and suffering, additional medical bills, and lost wages from missed work.
You owe it to yourself to select an experienced Sullivan, MO medical malpractice lawyer to represent you and fight for your recovery in your medical malpractice case. As your Sullivan, MO medical malpractice lawyers, the legal team of Burger Law works relentlessly to prove your case. We depose expert witnesses, conduct thorough investigations, and strategically plan out our strongest arguments to paint an undeniable picture of how the defendant's actions have harmed your life and your future. With the help of our powerful and skilled Sullivan, MO medical malpractice lawyers, you can receive a great recovery for all the damages you have suffered.
Can You Sue The Federal Government When Injured?
Can you sue the federal government when injured? What are federal tort cl …
What Compensation Will I Receive in My Birth Injury Lawsuit?
What Compensation Will I Receive in a Birth Injury Lawsuit? When your chi …
Who Can I Sue in a Medical Malpractice Case?
Who Can I Sue in a Medical Malpractice Case? Doctors are among the most t …
Common Medical Malpractice Cases
Why do instances of medical malpractice occur? Doctors, surgeons and other providers are required to complete extensive education and clinical training before they are able to see patients and treat them. Other medical staff such as nurses must complete requirements of their profession before they can work with patients. Yet medical errors still occur. According to Johns Hopkins, there are more than 150,000 deaths in the United States every year due to medical negligence. When doctors and other medical providers make mistakes, Burger Law's Sullivan, MO medical malpractice lawyers protect the futures of those who have been harmed so that they can receive a full recovery to heal and move forward.
Burger Law's Sullivan, MO medical malpractice attorneys have helped our clients win all manners of medical malpractice cases recover the compensation they deserve. Our team has successfully workedn some of the most complex and challenging cases and have helped our clients receive great recoveries. After a medical provider's mistake costs you or your loved one's well-being, Burger Law's medical malpractice lawyers in Sullivan, MO will help you recover, no matter the situation. Our experienced team has seen it all when it comes to medical malpractice situations, such as:
- Misdiagnosis: An incorrect diagnosis can be incredibly dangerous. If you find that you have been misdiagnosed by your doctor, speak to a medical malpractice lawyer immediately. With the wrong diagnosis, you could be harmed by undergoing the wrong treatment or by not receiving timely, appropriate treatment that could have managed your condition. Misdiagnoses are the most common cause of medical malpractice cases.
- Delayed or missed diagnosis: It is the physician or specialist's responsibility to carefully examine the patient and use that information to detect and provide the correct diagnosis. When a doctor misses crucial information and fails to make the diagnosis, the patient could miss out on important care. Medical malpractice lawyers in Sullivan, MO are resolute in our mission to hold physicians and specialists accountable for missing a diagnosis that could have gotten you the treatment you needed.
- Failure to treat a condition: We trust our medical professionals to administer the care we need to keep us safe and make us healthy. Medical malpractice occurs when the medical professional charged with a patient's care fails to provide treatment to address a condition or save the patient's life. In emergency situations, hospitals and medical professionals must act and provide treatment to stabilize the patient. If a patient develops a new or worsened condition while being treated by a provider, such as an infection, the provider must provide medical care to address the new condition. If they do nott, you would have a medical malpractice case.
- Surgical errors: It is well known that surgery can be risky and dangerous. Surgery can change and save lives and is used when the benefits outweigh the risks. Most surgeons perform their job carefully and effectively, yet mistakes and errors can still happen during surgery. Our Sullivan, MO medical malpractice lawyers will help you recover damages if your surgical team makes errors before, after, or during surgery. Possible surgery-related medical malpractice behaviors are the wrong dose or timing of anesthesia, a wrong incision, a foreign object left inside the body, operation on the wrong body part, or failure to monitor and maintain vitals. If you or someone you love had surgery and experienced complications like those we've listed, speak to our medical malpractice lawyers in Sullivan, MO right now.
- Prescription errors: Errors in prescribing medication happen when a doctor prescribes too small or large a dose, prescribes a medication that interacts dangerously with other prescribed medications, mistakenly prescribes the wrong medication or a pharmacist makes a mistake in filling the prescription. Prescription mistakes happen along every step of the prescribing process and require the work of medical malpractice lawyers to obtain a rightful recovery.
- Birth injuries: Birth injuries are a threat to both mothers and newborns. Failing to detect and treat a condition during pregnancy, causing complications during pregnancy such as by prescribing an unsafe medication for a pregnant woman, causing injury during the delivery process or failing to intervene upon the presentation of distress signs are all medical malpractice birth injury examples.
Hospital System Failures
Click to view video
Clear Medical Malpractice Violations
Click to view video
Causes of Medical Malpractice
Most cases of medical malpractice can be attributed to human error and the strains of the industry. Though they have extensive training and must meet specific standards, doctors and other medical professionals are, indeed, human. Errors occur when those responsible for your care are inexperienced, improperly trained, overworked, burned out or fatigued. Miscommunication and systemic problems in the healthcare system also contribute to medical errors. Regardless of the cause, if a physician, technician, or other medical professional's negligence has caused you harm, you need to find a skilled medical practice attorney you trust to represent your interests and fight for you.
Work with Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Sullivan, MO
If you believe you or your loved one has been injured or harmed because a healthcare worker was negligent and broke a rule, you must take action right away. Speak with an experienced medical malpractice lawyer about your case. Call Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT to discuss your situation with an accomplished Sullivan, MO medical malpractice lawyer and to determine what you can do to get the compensation you are owed. Let us begin working for you immediately by speaking to us now at (314) 500-HURT or by filling out our form, found here. Our Sullivan, MO attorneys are ready to demand your full recovery and will not rest until justice is served.