When a medical provider makes a mistake at the expense of your health, we ensure that you get a full recovery
Medical Malpractice Lawyers
Medical Malpractice Lawyers Waterloo, IL. If you or your family member have been harmed by a medical professional's failure to adhere to the basic rules of treating patients, you can receive compensation to make you whole. In order to receive all the compensation you deserve, you need experienced medical malpractice lawyers near you in Waterloo, IL. The dedicated and knowledgeable medical malpractice lawyers of Burger Law in Waterloo, IL are dedicated to fighting for individuals and families who have been damaged by a negligent act. We are not intimidated by large medical institutions and their insurance companies. We insist that they pay for the damages they have caused. In our decades of experience as a Waterloo, IL injury law firm, we have helped our clients receive over $170 million in verdicts and settlements and continue to ensure that people who have been damaged by medical malpractice receive the compensation they deserve. Act now for your chance to get the full compensation you deserve. Hire Burger Law's medical malpractice lawyers in Waterloo, IL. Get help finding justice in your medical malpractice case by speaking to one of our skilled attorneys today at (314) 500-HURT or online now.
Waterloo, IL Medical Malpractice Lawyers
Medical malpractice cases can be tough. You are one person going against a large medical institution or a powerful and wealthy doctor. You need a strong medical malpractice lawyer in Waterloo, IL who will not be intimidated and will not stop fighting until you get a great settlement. Our Waterloo, IL medical malpractice lawyers do not stop working for you until we are able to help you win your case.
Due to the medical details involved and the high stakes involved in medical malpractice cases, it is imperative for you to choose a lawyer that is not only skilled in general personal injury cases, but has specific experience and success in difficult and complex medical malpractice cases. Burger Law's Waterloo, IL-based medical malpractice lawyers have obtained great results for our clients for more than two decades. Our commitment to going above and beyond for our clients and our skill in delivering top settlements have earned us the honor of the highest and most reviewed law firm in the area.
Contact Burger Law to receive quality and dedicated legal representation when a doctor has harmed you. We handle everything from investigating your case carefully, obtaining all evidence, evaluating the extent and value of your damages, negotiating a great settlement and providing invaluable personal support and advice throughout the legal process. Count on us to handle all aspects of your case including filing all paperwork on time and without error, communicating between yourself and the insurance company, helping you get the medical care you need to recover and speaking with healthcare professionals who act as a critical witness to translate the facts of your case in lay terms. You will have a dedicated Waterloo, IL medical malpractice lawyer and legal support staff from Burger Law who will fight for your claim every step of the way. We will begin working for you today. Discuss your case with our medical malpractice lawyers in Waterloo, IL now at (314) 500-HURT.
What Do I need to Do to File a Malpractice Case
Click to view video
Medical Malpractice Lawyers Waterloo, IL: Proving Your Case
Your situation must satisfy certain requirements in order to be considered a legitimate medical malpractice case. You cannot have a medical malpractice lawyer collect damages for you simply because you disagree with the way a doctor went about your care or you do not care for their bedside manner. For your medical malpractice case, your Waterloo, IL medical malpractice lawyer has to prove to the court that the individual or institution you are bringing your claim against had a duty to provide you with care, that they failed to meet this duty, that you were harmed and that it was their behavior or failure to act that caused you harm.
In order to recover damages in your medical malpractice case, you must prove that your case meets the four legal requirements of a Waterloo, IL medical malpractice claim. This is where a skilled and experienced medical malpractice lawyer in Waterloo, IL comes in. With our expertise, we will effectively investigate, negotiate and present the facts of your claim. The experienced Burger Law Waterloo, IL medical malpractice lawyers have the skill and strategies to successfully present and argue your case. Your Waterloo, IL medical malpractice lawyer will help you prove that your case meets the requirements of medical malpractice in Waterloo, IL.
As your Waterloo, IL medical malpractice lawyers, we will help you prove:
- Duty of care: As in any personal injury case, to have a medical malpractice claim you must prove that the defendant owed you a duty of care. In a provider-patient relationship in a medical setting, the provider owes the patient a legal duty to provide care and refrain from doing them harm.
- Breach of duty: The second component to a medical malpractice claim is proving that the defendant failed to meet their duty of care. A medical provider breaches their duty of care to their patient when they break the basic rules for treating patients or fail to do what a responsible medical professional would have reasonably done in the same situation.
- Damages: It is not enough for the provider to have made a mistake. In order to have a successful medical malpractice claim, you must prove that you suffered harm. Your Waterloo, IL medical malpractice attorney from Burger Law knows how complex and far-reaching your injuries and damages can be, and we will properly represent the extent of your damages.
- Causation: The last component your Waterloo, IL medical malpractice lawyer must prove is that it was, in fact, the medical professional or institution responsible for the care that caused your injuries and damages, such as pain and suffering, additional medical bills, and lost wages from missed work.
You owe it to yourself to find an experienced Waterloo, IL medical malpractice lawyer to work for you and argue your medical malpractice case. As your Waterloo, IL medical malpractice lawyers, the Burger Law team of lawyers and staff work hard to prove your case. We depose expert witnesses, conduct thorough investigations, and strategically plan out our strongest arguments to paint an undeniable picture of how the defendant's actions have damaged you. With the help of our powerful and skilled Waterloo, IL medical malpractice lawyers, you can collect the complete damages to which you are entitled.
Can You Sue The Federal Government When Injured?
Can you sue the federal government when injured? What are federal tort cl …
What Compensation Will I Receive in My Birth Injury Lawsuit?
What Compensation Will I Receive in a Birth Injury Lawsuit? When your chi …
Who Can I Sue in a Medical Malpractice Case?
Who Can I Sue in a Medical Malpractice Case? Doctors are among the most t …
Common Medical Malpractice Cases
Why do instances of medical malpractice occur? Doctors, surgeons and other providers are required to complete extensive education in addition to clinical fieldwork before they are able to see patients and treat them. Nurses and other medical support staff must also complete many requirements before they can work with patients. Yet grave errors still occur. According to Johns Hopkins, there are more than 150,000 deaths in the United States every year due to medical negligence. Our experienced team of Waterloo, IL medical malpractice lawyers hold doctors and other medical providers accountable when they break a rule and we protect the futures of those who have been harmed so that they can make the recovery necessary to heal and move forward.
Burger Law's Waterloo, IL medical malpractice attorneys have secured the futures of our clients, helping them win difficult medical malpractice cases and getting them the compensation they deserve. We have worked on some of the most complex and challenging cases and have helped our clients receive great recoveries. When a medical professional makes a mistake that seriously harms you or a loved one, Burger Law's medical malpractice lawyers in Waterloo, IL will help you recover, no matter the situation. Our experienced team has seen it all when it comes to medical malpractice cases, such as:
- Misdiagnosis: An erronious diagnosis can be incredibly dangerous. If you find that you have been misdiagnosed by your doctor, talk to a medical malpractice lawyer immediately. With the wrong diagnosis, you could be harmed by undergoing the wrong treatment or by not receiving timely, appropriate treatment that could have managed your condition. Medical malpractice cases are most commonly caused by misdiagnosis.
- Delayed or missed diagnosis: It is the physician or specialist's responsibility to carefully examine the patient and use that information to detect and provide the correct diagnosis. You could be denied critical care because a doctor fails to make the a diagnosis. Our Waterloo, IL medical malpractice are skilled in holding physicians and specialists accountable for missing a diagnosis that could have gotten you the treatment you needed.
- Failure to treat a condition: We rely on our medical providers to administer the care we need to keep us safe and make us healthy. Medical malpractice occurs when the medical professional charged with a patient's care fails to provide treatment to address a condition or save the patient's life. Hospitals or other attending medical professionals are obligated to provide treatment and stabilize a patient in an emergency situation. If a patient develops a new or worsened condition while being treated by a provider, such as an infection, the provider must treat the new condition. Failure to do so constitutes a medical malpractice case.
- Surgical errors: We are all aware of how complicated surgery can be and the gravity of its associated risks. Surgery can change and save lives and is used when the benefits outweigh the risks. The majority of surgeons and surgical staff perform their job carefully and effectively, yet surgical errors can and do occur. If you or a family member underwent surgery and something went wrong in your treatment before, during or after your operation, our Waterloo, IL medical malpractice lawyers can help you get a full recovery. This could include the wrong dose or timing of anesthesia, a wrong incision, a foreign object left within the body, operation on the wrong body part, or failure to monitor and maintain vitals. If any surgical errors happen to you or a family member, speak to our medical malpractice lawyers in Waterloo, IL right away.
- Prescription errors: Errors in prescribing medication happen when a doctor prescribes too small or large a dose, prescribes a medication that interacts dangerously with other prescribed medications, mistakenly prescribes the wrong medication or a pharmacist makes a mistake in filling the prescription. Prescription mistakes happen along every step of the prescribing process and require the work of medical malpractice lawyers to obtain a rightful recovery.
- Birth injuries: Birth injuries are a threat to both mothers and newborns. Failing to detect and treat a condition during pregnancy, causing complications during pregnancy such as by prescribing an unsafe medication for a pregnant woman, causing injury during the delivery process or failing to intervene upon the presentation of distress signs are all medical malpractice birth injury examples.
Hospital System Failures
Click to view video
Clear Medical Malpractice Violations
Click to view video
Causes of Medical Malpractice
Most cases of medical malpractice can be attributed to human error and the strains of the industry. Though they have extensive training and must meet specific standards, doctors and other medical professionals are, indeed, human. Errors occur when those responsible for your care are inexperienced, improperly trained, overworked, burned out or fatigued. Miscommunication and systemic problems in the healthcare system also contribute to medical errors. Regardless of the cause, if a physician, technician, or other medical professional's negligence has caused you harm, you need the representation of a skilled medical malpractice attorney.
Work with Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Waterloo, IL
If you or your family member has been injured or harmed by the negligence of a healthcare professional, you must take action right away. Have an experienced medical malpractice review your case for free. Call Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT to discuss your situation with an accomplished Waterloo, IL medical malpractice lawyer and to determine what you can do to get the compensation you are owed. Get us on your case today by calling (314) 500-HURT or by filling out our form, found here. Our Waterloo, IL attorneys are ready to demand your full recovery and will not rest until justice is served.