Burger Law Defends The Rights of the injured and vulnerable in chicago and throughout Illinois
Motorcycle Crash Lawyer Illinois
Motorcycle Crash Lawyer Chicago and Illinois. Motorcycle crashes are far more dangerous than the average motor vehicle accident. If your livelihood and future have been put in jeopardy because of someone else's negligent actions, call an Illinois motorcycle crash lawyer at Burger Law today at 312-500-HURT or fill out our online form.
Given the relative vulnerability of motorcyclists, these crashes can often result in injuries far worse than a typical car accident. If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident in Chicago or Illinois due to another driver’s negligence, you do not have to suffer financially and physically because another driver was irresponsible. There are no fees until one of our motorcycle crash lawyers wins your case. Burger Law is a Chicago-based personal injury law firm with an Illinois motorcycle crash lawyer team that knows how to win cases and get you the great results you deserve.
The Illinois motorcycle crash lawyer team of Burger Law consists of an amazing group of attorneys and paralegals that are dedicated to their clients and have dedicated their lives to defending the rights of the injured and vulnerable. We help you navigate the legal process, keep you fully informed throughout your case and give you every piece of information you need to make the best decisions for yourself and your future. Talking to a Burger Law motorcycle crash lawyer is free, so you should always contact us before settling with the insurance company to be sure that you are not getting a lowball offer. You only have one chance to get the best possible financial recovery for your injuries. A Chicago motorcycle crash lawyer from Burger Law will demand maximum compensation and will not let up until you receive it. We stand up to the bullying insurance companies and make reckless drivers pay for their actions.
Motorcycle Crash Statistics | Illinois Motorcycle Crash Lawyers
Anyone who has ever been on a motorcycle knows the thrill and the freedom that the experience offers. However, motorcycles are the most deadly form of transportation in the U.S. Some of the more troubling statistics your Burger Law motorcycle crash lawyer has seen are:
- Over 80,000 people are involved in a motorcycle crash every year in the U.S. and over 5,000 lose their lives.
- Motorcycles account for only 3 percent of all registered vehicles, yet motorcyclists make up 17 percent of all traffic fatalities according to recent research from the National Safety Council.
- In Illinois, according to the state's 2020 Crash Facts and Statistics, motorcycle accidents made up just 1.2 percent of total crashes, but accounted for 14.1 percent of fatal crashes and 4.2 percent of injury crashes.
- In Illinois in 2020, a total of 2,404 motorcyclists were injured and 152 died.
- Thirty-nine percent of those injured in motorcycle crashes sustained "A-injuries," or significant injuries, compared to just 7.1 percent of those injured in passenger cars.
- According to the same report, over two-thirds of Illinois motorcycle accidents occurred in urban areas like Chicago.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, for every mile traveled motorcyclists and their passengers are 27 times more likely to die in a crash than their enclosed-vehicle counterparts.
In order to stay safe, your Illinois motorcycle crash lawyer at Burger Law recommends the following resources for motorcycle drivers:
- Motorcycle Safety Foundation
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Motorcycle Legal Foundation
- Illinois Department of Revenue Motorcycle Operator Manual
- How Learning to Ride a Motorcycle Made Me a Better Driver
What to Do After a Motorcycle Crash | Illinois Motorcycle Crash Lawyer
Get immediate help with your Illinois motorcycle accident case by speaking with one of our qualified Illinois motorcycle crash lawyers today. The knowledgeable Illinois motorcycle crash attorneys at Burger Law in Chicago have over 70 years of combined litigation experience, getting you and your loved ones the full financial recovery you are owed. Call us today at 312-500-HURT or contact us online. We start working on your case right away and do not let up until we win.
Burger Law knows how to help. Our Illinois motorcycle crash lawyers recommend taking the following actions after an accident to get yourself the medical treatment you need and help win your claim.
- Get to Safety. If you are able to move, get out of the road to avoid oncoming traffic.
- Save Evidence From the Scene. This can include photographs, eyewitness contact information or anything the other driver says to you.
- Seek Immediate Medical Attention. Get medical help even if you do not believe your injuries are severe. Adrenaline can mask pain and some injuries will only show up with X-Rays or MRIs.
- Contact A Burger Law Motorcycle Crash Lawyer. We'll collect and analyze all the evidence, and hold the parties responsible for your injuries accountable.
- Keep a Daily Journal. You will want to document how your injuries affect you. This will be useful when your Illinois motorcycle crash lawyer is negotiating your noneconomic damages, such as pain and suffering.
Zach Motorcycle Testimonial
Click to view video
Can You Sue If You Did Not Wear A Helmet In A Motorcycle Accident?
Click to view video
Common Causes of Motorcycle Crashes | Illinois Motorcycle Crash Lawyers
Every motor-vehicle crash is unique, but your Burger Law motorcycle crash lawyer has found that there are generally common factors that contribute to or cause the crash. A 2016 study by the National Highway Safety Administration found that 94 to 96 percent of all traffic accidents were caused by human error. Some of the most common causes of motorcycle accidents we see in Chicago and Illinois are:
- Failure to Yield to Motorcycles When Turning. When making turns, many drivers fail to yield to motorcycles, either because they misjudge the distance and speed of the motorcycle or because they simply fail to look for another vehicle. Wrong turns and failures to yield are responsible for 42 percent of all motorcycle deaths, according to recent research by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety.
- Speeding. The faster a vehicle is moving, the smaller the margin of error is for a driver. Speeding drivers in a car might not react quick enough when a motorcycle is approaching or may overreact, increasing the risk of a crash. Our Illinois motorcycle crash lawyers see far too many crashes that involve excessive speeds. Speeding accounts for 34 percent of motorcycle crashes, according to research from the IIHS.
- Alcohol/Drug Impairment. Drivers who drive drunk or impaired by drugs are much more likely to be involved in a crash. In fact, according to recent research, 28 percent of fatal motorcycle crashes involved alcohol. Our Illinois motorcycle lawyers at Burger Law in Chicago hate to see these numbers. In rural areas, the proportion of alcohol-impaired drivers involved in fatal crashes is highest for motorcyclists at 24 percent.
- Failure to “Share the Road.” Motorcyclists have the same rights as any vehicle on the road, yet other drivers frequently treat riders with disdain. Other drivers often refuse to yield to a motorcyclist, cut a biker off or make risky maneuvers that cause crashes. Seventy-four percent of recent motorcycle crashes were frontal collisions.
- Failure to Check Blind Spots for Motorcycles. Drivers who do not turn their heads to fully scan might miss a motorcycle next to them. Many drivers end up sideswiping motorcycles because they fail to check before changing lanes or merging.
- Distracted Driving. Drivers who are distracted by talking, texting, snacking, adjusting or looking at a navigation device will fail to see a motorcycle — or likely anything — in their path. Motorcycles are smaller than cars to begin with, and a driver failing to pay attention can be deadly to a motorcyclist. An estimated 80 percent of reported motorcycle crashes result in injury or death.
- Defective Motorcycles. Defects of any kind to a motorcycle’s key components, including its engine, brakes, tires, wheels, etc., can result in a crash. Our Chicago motorcycle crash lawyer can work with our product liability attorneys to hold the manufacturer accountable for defective products that caused your motorcycle to crash. Motorcycles equipped with anti-lock brakes resulted in 31 percent fewer fatal crashes than the same models without.
- Road Hazards. Motorcycles are especially vulnerable to crashes in Illinois caused by road hazards like rain, snow and ice. As is the case with any type of crash our Illinois motorcycle crash lawyers in Chicago have seen, safety gear greatly reduces the likelihood of severe injury or death. According to the CDC, helmets reduce the risk of head injury in a motorcycle crash by 69 percent. Wearing armored motorcycle boots reduces the risk of an open-wound injury by 90 percent.
No matter what caused your motorcycle accident, Burger Law is here to be your advocate. If you have been injured in a motorcycle crash caused because of someone else's negligence, call your Illinois motorcycle crash lawyer in Chicago now at 312-500-HURT or reach us online and let us fight for you while you recover from your injuries.
What Should You Do When Involved in a Car Accident?
What Should You Do When Involved in a Car Accident? Car accidents happen …
Who is Liable for my Back, Neck, and Spine Injuries?
Who is Liable for my Back, Neck, and Spine Injuries? Back, neck, and spin …
What should I expect in my motorcycle accident lawsuit?
In order to prove the requirements of a motorcycle accident injury case, …
Common Injuries From Motorcycle Accidents | Illinois Motorcycle Crash Lawyer
In research, the Burger Law Illinois motorcycle crash lawyers find that motorcyclists frequently sustain one or more of the following injuries in a crash:
- Concussions or brain damage
- Spinal cord injuries and paralysis
- Amputation or loss of limbs
- Internal bleeding or organ damage
- Broken bones
- Muscle and ligament sprains, strains, and tears
- Severe lacerations
- Permanent nerve damage
How Much Is My Motorcycle Injury Claim Worth? | Illinois Motorcycle Crash Lawyer
Every Burger Law motorcycle crash lawyer does everything possible to achieve the best possible results for our injured clients throughout Illinois. How much you receive in compensation will depend on the individual circumstances of your accident, the severity of your injuries and the skill and dedication of your motorcycle crash lawyer. Some of the factors we consider when valuing your claim are:
- The full scope of the medical treatment needed to treat your injuries.
- Whether or not you were partially at fault for your accident.
- Whether your injuries resulted in long-term or permanent disability, impairment or disfigurement.
- If your injuries will prevent you from working in the future.
- How your injuries affect your ability to be independent and enjoy life.
- Whether your injuries resulted in loss of companionship or loss of consortium.
At Burger Law, our motorcycle crash lawyer team is more aggressive than most when it comes to litigating cases and filing suit. We fight back against resistant insurance companies by putting them on their heels and demanding nothing but full compensation. We never settle for less for our Illinois and Chicago clients.
Call Burger Law Now
Motorcycle Crash Lawyer in Chicago and Illinois | Burger Law
Every Burger Law motorcycle crash lawyer knows the devastating financial, emotional and physical effect a crash can have on your life. We empower the injured and vulnerable in Chicago and throughout Illinois by defending their rights and ensuring that they are fully compensated for the injuries caused by someone else's negligence. You need an Illinois motorcycle crash lawyer you can trust to fight by your side and deliver you justice. Do not waste any time. Burger Law makes numerous free resources available, including the free books written by Illinois motorcycle crash lawyer Gary Burger.
It is a fact that motorcyclists are much more at risk for injury than passengers in a typical car in an accident, simply due to the openness and lack of frame on a motorcycle. A serious motorcycle accident can alter your life for a long period of time or even permanently disable you. An Illinois motorcycle crash lawyer at Burger Law in Chicago will aggressively pursue the fair and full recovery you are owed for your Illinois motorcycle crash. Call us immediately at 312-500-HURT or contact us for a free case review.