Motorcycle Crash Lawyer St. Louis and Missouri
Motorcycle Crash Lawyer St. Louis and Missouri. If you have been injured in a motorcycle crash in Missouri because someone else broke the rules of the road, call Burger Law in St. Louis now at or contact us online to speak to a dedicated and knowledgeable Missouri motorcycle crash lawyer.
You should not have to deal with the physical, financial and emotional hardships of an injury caused by someone else's negligence. Burger Law is here to make sure you do not have to go through this alone. If you or someone you love was injured in a motorcycle accident in Missouri, Burger Law’s Missouri motorcycle crash lawyers will fight to bring you justice and the best possible financial recovery. Burger Law is a St. Louis-based personal injury law firm with a team of motorcycle crash lawyers that does everything it takes to see our clients get maximum compensation.
The motorcycle crash lawyers of Burger Law have won the injured and vulnerable in Missouri millions of dollars in compensation after being injured through not fault of their own. Our team will fight for your recovery following your Missouri motorcycle crash. You do not have to be deceived or bullied into taking the insurance company’s paltry offer. We know the true value of your claim and never settle for anything less than a full financial recovery. You only have one chance to get the compensation you deserve. Trust a Missouri motorcycle crash lawyer from Burger Law to fight by your side and not let up until you receive every dime you are owed.
Winning Verdict | Missouri Motorcycle Crash Lawyer
In a recent verdict, Missouri motorcycle accident lawyer Gary Burger was able to convince a jury to award our client great compensation from her own insurance company. The insurance company refused to settle an uninsured motorist claim. In the case, our client was severely injured when she was hit by a truck while riding a motorcycle. With $60,000 in medical expenses, our client received $495,000 in compensation. Without the aggressive representation of her Missouri motorcycle accident lawyer, our client could have walked away with nothing but debt.
Get immediate help with your motorcycle crash case by speaking with one of our qualified motorcycle crash lawyers in Missouri today. The knowledgeable Missouri motorcycle crash attorneys at Burger Law in St. Louis have almost 30 years of experience fighting the good fight and winning cases. Call us today at or reach us online so we can get to work on your case right away
Motorcycle Crash Statistics | Missouri Motorcycle Crash Lawyer
Anyone who has ever been on a motorcycle knows the thrill and the freedom that the open road offers. But, unfortunately, motorcycles can be equally dangerous as exciting. Over 80,000 people are injured in a motorcycle crash every year and over 5,000 lose their lives. Motorcycles are the most deadly form of transportation in the U.S. Motorcycles account for only 3 percent of all registered vehicles, yet motorcyclists make up 17 percent of all traffic fatalities according to recent research from the National Safety Council. According to the Insurance Information Institute, for every mile traveled motorcyclists and their passengers are 27 times more likely to die in a crash than their enclosed-vehicle counterparts.
Is It Worth It to Get a Missouri Motorcycle Crash Lawyer?
If you were injured in an accident, you should always contact a Missouri motorcycle crash lawyer right away. We will give you a full case review and investigate your case for free. Insurance companies frequently use tricks to convince you that they owe you less money than you really do. When that happens, it is without a doubt worth it to hire a motorcycle crash lawyer. We have a dedicated and knowledgeable team of attorneys and paralegals that will keep you informed every step of the way and will not let up until you receive the full financial recovery you deserve.
When you hire a Burger Law motorcycle crash lawyer, we start working on your claim immediately. We will:
- Investigate all of the details of your crash
- Obtain crucial evidence such as police reports and medical bills
- Work alongside our network of experts to determine negligence
- Prove negligence
- Work with medical and economic experts to accurately value your damages
- Offer you the best legal advocacy in Missouri
- Negotiate a great settlement
- Take the case to court when we cannot secure a fair settlement offer
If you have been hurt in an accident because another driver broke the rules of the road and did not care about your safety, contact the St. Louis-based Missouri motorcycle crash lawyer team of Burger Law today. You should not have to take up the burden of medical expenses, lost wages and emotional anguish when you did not do anything wrong. We always make sure the liable parties know they have to take responsibility for their actions. Call us today at .
What to Do After a Motorcycle Crash | Missouri Motorcycle Crash Lawyer
If you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle crash in Missouri, let a Burger Law motorcycle crash lawyer fight for the compensation you deserve. We tirelessly provide effective legal counsel throughout Missouri and heartfelt support throughout your motorcycle crash case. We stand up to the bullying insurance companies and make reckless drivers pay for their actions.
- Seek Immediate Medical Attention — Your health is most important. Following a Missouri motorcycle crash, you need the best medical care in the shortest amount of time. Once a medical professional sees you and provides a diagnosis and treatment plan, you will be on the road to recovery and be certain your injuries are documented.
- Save Evidence From the Scene — Photos, videos, police reports, etc., will need to be gathered and stored quickly and safely. Additionally, save the names and contact info of any witnesses.
- Contact Your Motorcycle crash Lawyer — Burger Law will immediately begin an exhaustive investigation of the crash, and will handle all communications moving forward.
- Keep a Daily Journal — Describe how the crash affects your day-to-day activities. Be sure to explain how you are feeling — any setbacks or pain you may be experiencing, as well as any treatment provided by a medical professional. Your Missouri motorcycle crash lawyer will utilize this information on your behalf.
Motorcycle-Related Resources From Your Missouri Motorcycle Crash Lawyer at Burger Law
What Should You Do When Involved in a Car Accident?
What Should You Do When Involved in a Car Accident? Car accidents happen …
Who is Liable for my Back, Neck, and Spine Injuries?
Who is Liable for my Back, Neck, and Spine Injuries? Back, neck, and spin …
What should I expect in my motorcycle accident lawsuit?
In order to prove the requirements of a motorcycle accident injury case, …
Common Causes of Motorcycle Crashes in Missouri | Missouri Motorcycle Crash Lawyer
- Failure to Yield to Motorcycles When Turning — When making turns, many drivers fail to yield to motorcycles, either because they misjudge the distance and speed of the motorcycle or because they simply fail to look for another vehicle. Wrong turns and failures to yield are responsible for 42 percent of all motorcycle deaths, according to recent research by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety.
- Speeding — The faster a vehicle is moving, the smaller the margin of error is for a driver. Speeding drivers in a car might not react quick enough when a motorcycle is approaching or may overreact, increasing the risk of a crash. Our Missouri motorcycle crash lawyers see far too many crashes that involve excessive speeds. Speeding accounts for 34 percent of motorcycle crashes, according to research from the IIHS.
- Alcohol/Drug Impairment — Drivers who drive drunk or under the influence of drugs are much more likely to be involved in a crash. In fact, according to recent research, 28 percent of fatal motorcycle crashes involved alcohol. Our Missouri motorcycle lawyers at Burger Law do not like to see these numbers. In rural areas, the proportion of alcohol-impaired drivers involved in fatal crashes is highest for motorcyclists at 24 percent.
- Failure to “Share the Road” — Motorcyclists have the same rights as any vehicle on the road, yet other drivers frequently treat riders with disdain. Other drivers often refuse to yield to a motorcyclist, cut a biker off or make risky maneuvers that cause crashes. Seventy-four percent of recent motorcycle crashes were frontal collisions.
- Failure to Check Blind Spots for Motorcycles — Drivers who do not turn their heads to fully scan might miss a motorcycle next to them. Many drivers end up sideswiping motorcycles because they fail to check before changing lanes or merging. In one recent year alone, there were 82,000 motorcycle injuries in the U.S.
- Distracted Driving — Drivers who are distracted by talking, texting, snacking, adjusting, or looking at a navigation device will fail to see a motorcycle — or likely anything — in their path. Motorcycles are smaller than cars to begin with, and failing to pay attention can be a fatal mistake. An estimated 80 percent of reported motorcycle crashes result in injury or death.
- Defective Motorcycles — Defects of any kind to a motorcycle’s key components, including its engine, brakes, tires, wheels, etc., can result in a crash. Our Chicago motorcycle crash lawyer can work with our product liability attorneys to hold the manufacturer accountable for defective products that caused your motorcycle to crash. Motorcycles equipped with anti-lock brakes resulted in 31 percent less fatal crashes than the same models without.
- Road Hazards— Motorcycles are especially vulnerable to crashes in Missouri caused by road hazards like rain, snow and ice. As is the case with any type of crash our Missouri motorcycle crash lawyers in St. Louis have seen, safety gear greatly reduces the likelihood of severe injury or death. According to the CDC, helmets reduce the risk of head injury in a motorcycle crash by 69 percent. Wearing armored motorcycle boots reduces the risk of an open-wound injury by 90 percent.
What Type of Compensation Can My Missouri Motorcycle Crash Lawyer Help Me Receive?
Generally speaking, in Missouri there are two kinds of damages you will receive in a motorcycle accident claim: economic and noneconomic. Occasionally you will be able to receive punitive damages.
Economic damages compensate you for how your injuries have impacted your finances. The more severe your injuries, the harder your economic damages are to determine, but you will receive a lot more compensation with the help of your motorcycle crash lawyer. Economic damages include:
- Property damage, for example damage to your bike
- Medical expenses, including:
- Emergency room visits and/or ambulance fees
- Follow-up appointments
- Physical therapy
- Special equipment such as wheelchairs
- Home or vehicle modifications
- In-home nursing
- Lost wages
- Lost earning capacity if you can no longer work
In the case of grave injuries that require special medical equipment or do not let you work, the St. Louis-based Missouri motorcycle crash lawyer of Burger Law will work alongside our team of medical and economic experts to determine replacement costs or how much money you lost out on because you are no longer able to work, including adjusting for inflation.
Noneconomic damages compensate you for the physical and emotional hardships your injuries have had on you and will continue to have. Pursuant to Missouri Senate Bill 239 economic damages include, "without limitation":
- Pain and suffering
- Mental Anguish
- Physical Impairment
- Loss of Capacity to Enjoy Life
- Loss of consortium
No one else can truly know the impact your injury has had on you, but at Burger Law, our Missouri motorcycle crash lawyer team fights for you to get you all the compensation you are rightfully owed. We know how to get a jury or insurance company to step in your shoes and understand your injuries from your point of view.
Punitive damages are intended to punish incredibly reckless behavior. For example, when we sue drunk drivers on your behalf, we seek punitive damages so they think twice before driving while under the influence again. In the state of Missouri, Senate Bill 591 says that in order to receive punitive damages your motorcycle crash lawyer must prove
by clear and convincing evidence that the defendant intentionally harmed the plaintiff without just cause or acted with a deliberate and flagrant disregard for the safety of others
While these cases may be rare, our motorcycle crash lawyer team has seen them before and fights to make sure that dangerous people who cause other Missouri individuals harm know exactly how dangerous their actions were.
Motorcycle Crash Lawyer St. Louis and Missouri
If you have been injured in a motorcycle crash caused by a reckless driver, call your Missouri motorcycle crash lawyer in St. Louis now at or reach us online and let us begin working for you. The Missouri motorcycle crash lawyers at Burger Law will aggressively pursue the fair compensation you are entitled to from your motorcycle crash.
You need a Missouri motorcycle crash lawyer you can trust in handling your motorcycle crash claim. Do not waste any time. Burger Law feels that educating our clients every step of the way is a powerful tool. We make numerous free resources available, including the free books written by Missouri motorcycle crash lawyer Gary Burger.
Call us now at or contact us for a free consultation and to get help with your Missouri motorcycle crash claim today.