We Demand maximum compensation for all our St. Louis, MO clients
Motorcycle Crash Lawyer St. Louis, MO
Motorcycle Crash Lawyer St. Louis, MO. If you have been hurt in a motorcycle crash in St. Louis, MO because another driver acted recklessly, call Burger Law now at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online to speak to a committed and accomplished St. Louis, MO motorcycle crash lawyer.
You should not have to deal with the physical, financial and emotional difficulties of an injury caused by somebody else. Burger Law is here to make sure you are not alone in this trying time. If you or a loved one was harmed in a motorcycle crash in St. Louis or anywhere Missouri, Burger Law’s St. Louis, MO motorcycle crash lawyers will fight to get you justice and the best possible financial recovery. Burger Law is a St. Louis, MO-based personal injury law firm with motorcycle crash lawyer team that does everything within its power to see our clients get full compensation.
The motorcycle crash lawyer team of Burger Law has gotten the injured and vulnerable in St. Louis, MO millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts after being injured through not fault of their own. Our team will fight by your side following your St. Louis, MO motorcycle crash. We will not stand by as you are deceived or bullied into accepting the insurance company’s minimal offer. We know what you really deserve and never settle for anything less than maximum compensation. You only have one chance to be fully compensated for your injuries. Trust a St. Louis, MO motorcycle crash lawyer from Burger Law to fight by your side and not stop until you receive every penny you are owed.
Winning Verdict | St. Louis, MO Motorcycle Crash Lawyer
In a recent verdict, St. Louis, MO motorcycle accident lawyer Gary Burger was able to persuade a jury to give our client great compensation from her own insurance company. The insurance company refused to settle an uninsured motorist claim. In the accident, our client was severely hurt when a truck crashed into her while she was riding her motorcycle. With $60,000 in medical bills, our client got $495,000 for her damages. Without the aggressive legal advocacy of her St. Louis, MO motorcycle accident lawyer, our client would have received nothing but debt.
Get immediate help with your motorcycle crash case by speaking with one of our accomplished motorcycle crash lawyers in St. Louis, MO today. The knowledgeable St. Louis, MO motorcycle crash lawyers at Burger Law have almost 30 years of experience negotiating, litigating and trying cases, and getting great results for our clients. Call us today at (314) 500-HURT or reach us online so we can begin work on your case at once
Motorcycle Crash Statistics | St. Louis, MO Motorcycle Crash Lawyer
Anyone who has ever been on a motorcycle knows the thrill and the freedom that the experience offers. Neverthless, motorcycles are the most dangerous means of transportation in the U.S. Over 80,000 people are injured in a motorcycle collision each year and over 5,000 lose their lives. Motorcycles make up only 3 percent of all registered vehicles, yet motorcyclists make up 17 percent of all auto deaths according to recent research from the National Safety Council. According to the Insurance Information Institute, for every mile traveled motorcyclists and their passengers are 27 times more likely to die in an accident than their enclosed-vehicle counterparts.
Zach Motorcycle Testimonial
Click to view video
Can You Sue If You Did Not Wear A Helmet In A Motorcycle Accident?
Click to view video
Is It Worth It to Get a St. Louis, MO Motorcycle Crash Lawyer?
If you were injured in an accident, you should always reach out to a St. Louis, MO motorcycle crash lawyer straight away. We will review and investigate your case for free. Insurance companies often use tricks to convince you that you deserve less money than you really do. When that happens, it is without a doubt worth it to hire a motorcycle crash lawyer. We have a dedicated and accomplished team of attorneys and paralegals that will keep you up-to-date every step of the way and will not let up until you get the best possible financial recovery you deserve.
When you hire a Burger Law motorcycle crash lawyer, we start working on your claim immediately. We will:
- Investigate all of the details of your accident
- Obtain crucial evidence such as police reports and medical bills
- Work with our network of experts to determine liability
- Prove negligence
- Work in tandem with medical and economic experts to precisely value your damages
- Offer you the best legal representation in Missouri
- Negotiate a great settlement
- Take the case to trial when we are unable to secure a fair settlement offer
If you have been injured in an accident because another driver was negligent and did not care about your safety, get in touch with the St. Louis, MO motorcycle crash lawyer team of Burger Law straight away. You should not have to bear the burden of medical expenses, lost wages and emotional pain when you did not do anything wrong. We always make sure the at-fault parties know they have to be held accountable for their behavior. Call us today at (314) 500-HURT.
What to Do After a Motorcycle Crash | St. Louis, MO Motorcycle Crash Lawyer
Burger Law knows how to give you the support you need. Our St. Louis, MO motorcycle crash lawyers recommend taking the following steps after an accident to get yourself the medical attention you need and help win your case.
- Get to Safety. If you are able to move, get out of the road to avoid oncoming traffic.
- Collect Evidence From the Scene. This can take the form of pictures, eyewitness contact information or anything the at-fault driver says to you.
- Find Immediate Medical Attention. Seek out medical help even if you do not think your injuries are serious. Adrenaline can cover pain and some injuries will only show up with X-Rays or MRIs.
- Call A Burger Law St. Louis, MO Motorcycle Crash Lawyer. We'll collect and assess all the evidence, and hold the parties to blame for your injuries accountable.
- Keep a Daily Journal. It is essential to document how your injuries affect you. This will be incredibly useful when your St. Louis, MO motorcycle crash lawyer is negotiating your noneconomic damages, such as pain and suffering.
Motorcycle-Related Resources From Your St. Louis, MO Motorcycle Crash Lawyer at Burger Law
What Should You Do When Involved in a Car Accident?
What Should You Do When Involved in a Car Accident? Car accidents happen …
Who is Liable for my Back, Neck, and Spine Injuries?
Who is Liable for my Back, Neck, and Spine Injuries? Back, neck, and spin …
What should I expect in my motorcycle accident lawsuit?
In order to prove the requirements of a motorcycle accident injury case, …
Common Causes of Motorcycle Crashes | St. Louis, MO Motorcycle Crash Lawyers
Every motor-vehicle crash is different, but your Burger Law motorcycle crash lawyer has seen that there are usually common factors that contribute to or cause the wreck. A 2016 study by the National Highway Safety Administration reported that 94 to 96 percent of all motor vehicle accidents were caused by human error. Some of the most common causes of motorcycle accidents we see in St. Louis, MO are:
- Failure to Yield to Motorcycles When Turning. When making turns, many drivers do not yield to motorcycles, either because they misjudge the distance and velocity of the motorcycle or because they just fail to look for another vehicle. Wrong turns and failures to yield are responsible for 42 percent of all motorcycle fatalities, according to recent research by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety.
- Speeding. The faster a vehicle is moving, the smaller the margin of error is for a driver. Speeding drivers in a car may not react fast enough when a motorcycle is approaching or may overreact, increasing the risk of a crash. Our St. Louis, MO motorcycle crash lawyers see far too many collisions that involve speeding. Speeding accounts for 34 percent of motorcycle crashes, according to research from the IIHS.
- Alcohol/Drug Impairment. Drivers who drive drunk or impaired by drugs are much more likely to cause a collision. In fact, according to recent research, 28 percent of deadly motorcycle crashes involved alcohol. Our St. Louis, MO motorcycle lawyers at Burger Law hate to see these numbers. In rural areas, the proportion of alcohol-impaired drivers involved in fatal wrecks is highest for motorcyclists at 24 percent.
- Failure to “Share the Road.” Motorcyclists have the same rights as every vehicle on St. Louis, MO roads yet other motorists often treat riders with contempt. Other drivers often refuse to yield to a motorcyclist, cut a biker off or make risky maneuvers that cause crashes. Seventy-four percent of recent motorcycle crashes were head-on collisions.
- Failure to Check Blind Spots for Motorcycles. Drivers who do not properly check their blind spots might miss a motorcycle next to them. Many drivers end up sideswiping motorcycles because they do not check before merging.
- Distracted Driving. Drivers who are distracted by talking, texting, snacking, adjusting or looking at a navigation device will fail to see a motorcycle — or likely anything — in their path. Motorcycles are smaller than cars to begin with, and a driver failing to pay attention can be deadly to a motorcyclist. An estimated 80% of reported motorcycle crashes result in injury or death.
- Defective Motorcycles. Motorcycle component defects, including its engine, brakes, tires, wheels, etc., can result in an accident. Our St. Louis, MO motorcycle crash lawyer can work with our product liability attorneys to hold the manufacturer responsible for defective products that caused your motorcycle to crash. Motorcycles equipped with anti-lock brakes resulted in 31 percent fewer fatal crashes than the same models without.
- Road Hazards. Motorcycles are especially vulnerable to crashes in St. Louis, MO caused by road hazards like rain, snow and ice. As is the case with any kind of wreck our motorcycle crash lawyers in St. Louis, MO have seen, safety gear greatly decreases the probability of severe injury or death. According to the CDC, helmets reduce the risk of head injury in a motorcycle crash by 69 percent. Wearing armored motorcycle boots reduces the risk of an open-wound injury by 90 percent.
Regardless of what caused your injuries, when they happen because of the negligence of another person Burger Law will be your advocate. If you have been hurt in a St. Louis, MO motorcycle crash caused because of someone else's negligence, call your Burger Law motorcycle crash lawyer now at 312-500-HURT or reach us online and let us fight for you while you heal from your injuries.
What Type of Compensation Can My St. Louis, MO Motorcycle Crash Lawyer Help Me Recover?
Generally speaking, in Missouri there are two categories of damages you will receive in a motorcycle accident claim: economic and noneconomic. In rare instances, you might be able to collect punitive damages.
Economic damages compensate you for how your economic losses. The more serious your injuries, the harder your economic damages are to determine, but you will get a lot more compensation with a motorcycle crash lawyer by your side. Economic damages include:
- Property damage, for example damage to your bike
- Medical expenses, including:
- Emergency room visits and/or the cost of an ambulance ride
- Follow-up appointments
- Physical therapy
- Assistive devices such as wheelchairs
- Home or vehicle modifications
- In-home nursing
- Lost wages
- Lost earning capacity if you can no longer work
In the case of grave injuries that require special medical equipment or do not let you work, the St. Louis, MO motorcycle crash lawyer of Burger Law will work alongside our network of medical and economic experts to determine replacement costs or how much money you lost out on because you are no longer able to work, including adjusting for inflation.
Noneconomic damages compensate you for the physical and emotional hardships your injuries have had on you and will continue to have. Missouri Senate Bill 239 defines noneconomic damages as, "without limitation":
- Pain and suffering
- Mental Anguish
- Physical Impairment
- Loss of Capacity to Enjoy Life
- Loss of consortium
No one else can truly know the effects your injury has had on you, but at Burger Law, our St. Louis, MO motorcycle crash lawyer team fights for you to get you all the compensation you are rightfully owed. We know how to get a jury or insurance company to see things from your perspective and understand how you have been affected.
Punitive damages are meant to punish incredibly reckless behavior. For instance, when we sue drunk drivers on your behalf, we seek punitive damages so they think twice before driving while under the influence again. In the state of Missouri, Senate Bill 591 stipulates that in order to collect punitive damages your motorcycle crash lawyer must prove
by clear and convincing evidence that the defendant intentionally harmed the plaintiff without just cause or acted with a deliberate and flagrant disregard for the safety of others
While these cases may be rare, our motorcycle crash lawyer team has won them before and fights to make sure that dangerous people who cause other St. Louis, MO individuals harm know exactly how reckless their actions were.
Learn more about our various practice areas by clicking the links below:
- Truck Crash Lawyers in Missouri
- Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer in Missouri
- Car Accident Attorney in Missouri
Call Burger Law Today
Motorcycle Crash Lawyer St. Louis, MO
If you have been injured in a St. Louis, MO motorcycle crash caused by a reckless driver, call your St. Louis, MO motorcycle crash lawyer now at (314) 500-HURT or reach us online and let us begin working for you. The St. Louis, MO motorcycle crash lawyers at Burger Law will aggressively pursue the fair compensation you are entitled to from your motorcycle crash.
You need a St. Louis, MO motorcycle crash lawyer you can trust to manage your motorcycle crash claim. There is no reason to wait. Burger Law feels that educating our clients every step of the way is a powerful tool. We make numerous free resources available, including the free books written by Missouri motorcycle crash lawyer Gary Burger.
Call a Burger Law motorcycle crash lawyer now at (314) 500-HURT or contact us for a free consultation and to get the justice and great compensation you deserve.