Nursing Home Negligence Attorney Boone County, MO
Nursing Home Negligence Attorney in Boone County, MO. Take action toward getting justice for you and your loved one today; call our Boone County, MO nursing home negligence attorneys in Boone County, MO at or fill out this form now. A Burger Law nursing home negligence lawyer in Boone County, MO will begin fighting to get you the compensation you deserve right away.
We entrust nursing homes to protect our family members when they are vulnerable. Sometimes they shrug off that trust by allowing nursing home negligence or nursing home abuse to happen on their premises. When that happens, they need to pay for breaking the rules. The Boone County, MO nursing home negligence attorneys at Burger Law will ensure you and your loved one are awarded the maximum compensation you are owed to help safeguard your future and get you started on the path to recovery. Call us today at or contact us online so we can get to work on on your case immediately. For more than two decades, Boone County, MO residents have trusted us with their claims and insurance companies know to fear us because we are relentless in our demand for justice and your full compensation.
Your family member might necessitate special care such as daily medication or help moving around if they have poor mobility. We trust in nursing homes to offer them appropriate care regardless of their situation. Nursing home negligence and nursing home abuse can transpire either because of administrative negligence or due to the actions or inaction of the nursing home staff. Some nursing homes do not perform sufficient background checks before hiring a staff member, and some nursing homes are too understaffed to provide adequate care. When nursing home workers are negligent and cause injury to your family member, you need a skilled nursing home negligence attorney in your corner to protect your loved one and help you heal.
Missouri Law requires nursing home administrators and staff to report whenever they see or suspect nursing home abuse or negligence, and failing to do so is in itself an act of negligence. The compassionate and experienced nursing home negligence lawyers at Burger Law will hold Boone County, MO nursing homes and their employees accountable when they break the rules and abuse or neglect your family member. From establishing your case to negotiating to demanding full compensation, your Burger Law nursing home negligence attorney in Boone County, MO has the skill required to help you win your case. If the negligent party refuses to pay the compensation you and your loved one are owed, we will fearlessly argue your case in front of a judge and jury. We persistently work on our trial and litigation skills and will demand to juries that you get the money you are owed.
Common Types of Nursing Home Negligence
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention define nursing home negligence as the “failure to meet an older adult’s basic needs. These needs include food, water, shelter, clothing, hygiene and essential medical care.” The knowledgeable Boone County, MO nursing home negligence lawyers at Burger Law have experience with every kind of nursing home negligence case, and have the skill and experience to maximize your recovery and help put your mind at ease.
Bedsores can also be referred to as pressure sores, decubitus ulcers, or pressure ulcers. In a 2004 study, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention found that 11 percent of nursing home residents experienced bedsores. Bedsores progress in four stages, determined by the depth of soft tissue damage.
- Stage 1: A continuing redness of the skin.
- Stage 2: A loss of partial thickness of skin appearing as an abrasion, blister or shallow crater.
- Stage 3: A loss of full thickness of skin, presented as a deep crater.
- Stage 4: A loss of full thickness of skin revealing muscle or bone. This stage can often lead to infection.
The majority bedsores in nursing homes are stage 2 bedsores on residents' lower backs, which are called sacral ulcers. Recovery can last months or even years, based on which stage the ulcer is in. If you see that a loved one staying in a nursing home is suffering from bed sores, call to a nursing home negligence attorney immediately at .
Bedsores occur when blood flow is cut off to a part of the skin for over two or three hours, and are particularly common in patients in wheelchairs or who are confined to beds. Boone County, MO nursing homes should look over their patients’ skin on a daily basis, keep their skin clean and dry and change any bandages on a daily basis. Not doing so is an example of nursing home negligence. Any red marks need to receive medical treatment immediately. Any nursing home resident who cannot move well or is limited to a wheelchair or bed requires their position to be changed every two hours. If your loved one has experienced any stage of bedsore due to nursing home negligence, you need the talented nursing home negligence attorneys at Burger Law to fight by your side to make sure you collect the full compensation you and your family deserve.
Social or Emotional Neglect
Nursing homes are accountable for the entirety of their Boone County, MO residents’ well-being, and that encompasses. Like every human, the elderly need positive social interaction to thrive. Nursing homes can be a tremendous way for the elderly to meet new people in their golden years. However, administrators or employees impeding residents from interacting with others is a type of nursing home negligence. This can occur if they inadvertently isolate vulnerable residents, neglect to provide canes, wheelchairs or walkers to residents who need assistance moving around or neglect to move residents with extreme mobility or mental limitations. If your loved one has been refused the social interaction that everybody needs and deserves, call Burger Law today at and our devoted and empathetic nursing home negligence attorneys will insist that you and your family are awarded a full financial recovery. As your Boone County, MO nursing home negligence lawyer, we will utilize our knowledge and experience to investigate, establish and prove your claim of social or emotional negligent.
Failure to Provide Basic Living Needs
This can include forgetting to keep the nursing home at a suitable temperature, not washing the rooms or common areas regularly or not providing adequate, healthy or safe food and water. If a resident needs medicine it must be administered at the appropriate time, each time, and in the right dosage. Failure to properly provide medication is a type of nursing home negligence. If a nursing home or its staff does not give your family member the medicine and treatment they need, you need the skill and experience of Burger Law’s Boone County, MO nursing home negligence lawyers to make sure the nursing home pays. Confer about your suit with us today at or fill out this form.
Negligent COVID-19 Protocols
If you have a family member in a Boone County, MO nursing home who became very ill or passed away because of COVID-19, you may be wondering if this is an instance of nursing home negligence. It can be, and it is a good idea to contact one of our Boone County, MO nursing home negligence attorneys straight away at to understand your options if your family member's nursing home and their staff broke the rules with respect to the COVID-19 pandemic.
While COVID-19 rules are a new part of life for many of us, nursing homes have been obligated to have practices in place for putting an end to the spread of infectious diseases for years. They have to comply with federal rules such as:
- Isolate and quarantine infected patients from the other residents
- Implement an “Infection Control Program”“Infection Control Program”
- Not Allow infected employees from working
- Disinfect the residents’ rooms, common areas, tables, chairs and door handles regularly
- Provide proper personal protective equipment such as masks and gloves in the event of an outbreak. Too often personal protective equipment is not worn or not switched out between visits to other residents
When you hire a talented and seasoned Boone County, MO nursing home negligence attorney at Burger Law, we will contact your family member's nursing home right away to obtain their records demonstrating how they dealt with sick residents and staff. If we find they were negligent, we will fight by your side and demand that you get full compensation.
Nursing Home Negligence Attorney Boone County, MO: Nursing Home Abuse
While a good deal of mistreatment of individuals in nursing homes can be attributed to negligence, sometimes administrators or workers break the rules to a greater extent and cause intentional harm. The nursing home abuse attorneys at Burger law will hold those bullies accountable for this abhorrent conduct and fight by your side until you collect the best possible compensation you and your family member are entitled to to help make you whole again.
Instances of nursing home abuse are:
- Physical Abuse. If staff are wantonly causing physical harm, such as pushing, kicking, pulling or hitting, they are committing abuse. Get in touch with a Burger Law Boone County, MO nursing home attorney immediately.
- Emotional Abuse. This can include yelling, taunting or “toying” with a resident—especially someone with dementia or a degenerative brain disease such as Alzheimer’s.
- Sexual Abuse. In 2017, CNN reported that over 1,000 nursing homes in the United States received citations for mismanaging accusations of sexual battery.
- Financial Exploitation. The elderly are at increased risk of becoming victims of theft and fraud. Criminal nursing home staff might steal your grandmother’s checkbook or credit card or manipulate them into amending their will or assigning a mysterious power of attorney. There are also many scams and frauds that prey on nursing home residents, including someone calling your loved one, pretending to be you and then saying they need money. The Consumer Finance Protection Bureau has a comprehensive guide for nursing homes and how they can protect your family from financial exploitation.
Common Signs and Symptoms of Nursing Home Negligence
If you have a family member who stays in a nursing home in Boone County, MO, you might worry that they are not getting the proper care they deserve. There are several warning signs that you can be on the lookout for to make sure your loved one is not going through nursing home neglect or nursing home abuse. If you see any of the warning signs below and are afraid your loved one is the victim of neglect, call your nursing home negligence attorney at now.
- Bedsores or pressure ulcers
- Bruises, burns, welts, cuts, lacerations or broken bones
- Dehydration or malnourishment
- Fatigue, insomnia or other sleep disorders
- Poor hygiene and poor dental hygiene
- Worsening existing conditions
- New or untreated medical conditions
- Significant personality changes such as irritability or suicidal thoughts or actions
- Complaining about the staff
- Unpaid bills when you know there should be enough funds in their account
As many Boone County, MO nursing home residents unfortunately face degenerating health as they age, these symptoms are not always a sign of nursing home neglect or nursing home abuse. However, if you see any potential indications it is vital to talk to your loved one and inquire about the attention they are getting. Reach out to a veteran and empathetic nursing home negligence attorney at Burger Law so we can help you decide if your loved one is getting the treatment they are entitled to or if the nursing home staff has been negligent. If anyone has broken the rules, your Burger Law negligence attorney will hold them accountable. As a leading Boone County, MO law firm, the attorneys of Burger Law welcome the difficult cases and work around the clock until our clients get every dollar they are owed.
What to do if a Loved One is Experiencing Nursing Home Negligence in Boone County, MO
Fortunately, there are many courses of action for finding help if a loved one is suffering from nursing home neglect or nursing home abuse in Boone County, MO. The accomplished and savvy nursing home negligence and abuse attorneys at Burger Law will help you during this trying time and provide you and your loved one with wholehearted support, sound guidance and tenacious representation throughout the process of your nursing home negligence case.
In Boone County, MO you can call the Adult Abuse and Neglect Hotline at tel:1-800-392-0210 or go to health.mo.gov to report suspected abuse. When you report abuse, you will need to answer the following questions as best you can:
- The personal and contact information of yourself, of the loved one you suspect is suffering from abuse, of the suspected perpetrator and of anyone who may possess more information about the neglect
- The situation that influenced you to believe that your loved one was being abused, neglected or financially manipulated with as many particulars as possible
- Whether or not the person being neglected is in immediate danger, when the best time to contact them is, if they know you are making the report and if a social worker might be in danger if they visit the nursing home to investigate
- Your relationship to your loved one
- If you want to be contacted again
Communicate any other relevant information you think is pertinent to the report. When you suspect or learn that your family member is being neglected and injured in the nursing home or other facility where they live, you need to call to an accomplished and professional nursing home negligence attorney in the Boone County, MO area immediately. Our knowledgeable nursing home legal team will stand by your side and fight to collect a full recovery for you and your family. Let us begin fighting for justice and maximum compensation for you today by calling us at now.
The Boone County, MO lawyers of Burger Law have the experience and knowledge to help you receive the full recovery you deserve after any accident or injury caused by someone else leaves you injured. Learn more about our fields of expertise below.
- Survival Action Lawyer in Missouri
- Truck Crash Lawyers in Missouri
- Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer in Missouri
Call a St. Louis and Missouri Nursing Home Negligence Attorney Today
While it is a wonderful thing that there are organizations that keep an eye on nursing home negligence and work to investigate allegations, it is also vitally important that you reach out to a savvy and seasoned Boone County, MO nursing home negligence lawyer right away. As a nursing home negligence lawyer with Burger Law, we have experience with every category of nursing home abuse case. We are well-versed in the regulations nursing home employees break that are meant to keep our families safe and we understand how to hold thoughtless rule breakers responsible, letting you recover the compensation you deserve. We have unrivaled trial and litigation capabilities and will not cease fighting until you get the full compensation you deserve.
You do not owe us anything until we win your case. Call or contact us online right away to speak with a committed Boone County, MO Nursing Home Negligence Attorney. Our nursing home negligence and abuse lawyers are standing by to answer your legal questions for free and remain dedicated to your family’s recovery from the second you hire us until the day you collect a full recovery for the damages you and your loved one have experienced. Call to speak to your Boone County, MO nursing home negligence attorney now.