Nursing Home Negligence Attorney Cuba, MO
Nursing Home Negligence Attorney in Cuba, MO. Take action toward getting justice for you and your loved one today; call our Cuba, MO nursing home negligence attorneys in Cuba, MO at or fill out this form now. A Burger Law nursing home negligence lawyer in Cuba, MO will start fighting to get you the compensation you are entitled to immediately.
We trust nursing homes to protect our loved ones when they are vulnerable. Occasionally they shrug off that trust by allowing nursing home negligence or nursing home abuse to take place on their premises. When that happens, they need to atone for breaking the rules. The Cuba, MO nursing home negligence attorneys at Burger Law will make sure you and your family member receive the best possible compensation you are entitled to to help safeguard your future and get you started on the path to recovery. Call us today at or contact us online so we can get to work on on your case right away. For more than two decades, our Cuba, MO clients have trusted us with their claims and insurance companies now fear us because we are relentless in our demand for justice and your full compensation.
Your family member might necessitate special care such as daily medication or help moving around if they have poor mobility. We trust in nursing homes to give them adequate care whatever their situation may be. Nursing home negligence and nursing home abuse can occur either because of negligence on the part of the administration or owing to the actions or inaction of the nursing home workers. Some nursing homes do not conduct adequate background checks before hiring an employee, and some nursing homes are too understaffed to provide adequate care. When nursing home workers are negligent and cause injury to your family member, you need a talented nursing home negligence attorney on your side to protect your loved one and help you recover.
Missouri Law obligates nursing home administrators and workers to report whenever they see or suspect nursing home abuse or negligence, and neglecting to do so is in itself a form of negligence. The empathetic and veteran nursing home negligence lawyers at Burger Law will hold Cuba, MO nursing homes and their employees accountable when they break the rules and abuse or neglect your family member. From establishing your case to documenting to demanding full compensation, your Burger Law nursing home negligence attorney in Cuba, MO has the knowledge required to help you win your case. If the negligent party refuses to pay the compensation you and your family are owed, we are not afraid to bring your fight to trial. We persistently hone our trial and litigation skills and will demand to juries that you receive the compensation you are owed.
Common Types of Nursing Home Negligence
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention define nursing home negligence as the “failure to meet an older adult’s basic needs. These needs include food, water, shelter, clothing, hygiene and essential medical care.” The expert Cuba, MO nursing home negligence lawyers at Burger Law have seen every kind of nursing home negligence case, and have the skill and experience to get you the best possible compensation and help put your mind at ease.
Bedsores can also be called pressure sores, decubitus ulcers, or pressure ulcers. In a 2004 study, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention found that 11 percent of nursing home residents suffered from bedsores. Bedsores happen in four stages, determined by the depth of soft tissue damage.
- Stage 1: A continuing redness of the skin.
- Stage 2: A loss of partial thickness of skin appearing as an abrasion, blister or shallow crater.
- Stage 3: A loss of full thickness of skin, evidenced by a deep crater.
- Stage 4: A loss of full thickness of skin exposing muscle or bone. This stage can often lead to infection.
The majority bedsores in nursing homes are stage 2 bedsores on residents' lower backs, which are called sacral ulcers. Recovery can take months or even years, based on which stage the ulcer is in. If you discover that a loved one staying in a nursing home is suffering from bed sores, contact a nursing home negligence attorney immediately at .
Bedsores occur when the blood supply is impeded to the area in excess of two or three hours, and are especially common in residents in wheelchairs or who are confined to beds. Cuba, MO nursing homes should examine their patients’ skin every day, regularly clean and dry their skin and change any bandages every day. Neglecting to do so represents nursing home negligence. Any red marks need to receive medical attention right away. Any nursing home resident who cannot move well or is confined to a wheelchair or bed needs to have their position changed every two hours. If your family member has suffered from any stage of bedsore as a result of nursing home negligence, you need the experienced nursing home negligence attorneys at Burger Law to fight by your side to make sure you are awarded the full compensation you and your family are entitled to.
Social or Emotional Neglect
We trust nursing homes with their resident's full well-being, including their social and emotional health. Like every human, the elderly need positive social interaction to thrive. Nursing homes can be a magnificent way for the elderly to make new friends in their golden years. However, administrators or employees impeding residents from interacting with others is a form of nursing home negligence. This can occur if they unintentionally leave vulnerable residents by themselves, do not provide canes, wheelchairs or walkers to residents who need assistance moving around or fail to move residents with severe mobility or mental limitations. If your family member has not received the social interaction that everyone needs and is entitled to, call Burger Law today at and our dedicated and empathetic nursing home negligence attorneys will insist that you and your family are awarded a complete financial recovery. As your Cuba, MO nursing home negligence lawyer, we will use our knowledge and experience to investigate, build and prove your case of social or emotional negligent.
Failure to Provide Basic Living Needs
This can mean forgetting to maintain the nursing home at an appropriate temperature, not washing the rooms or common areas frequently or not providing sufficient, nourishing or safe food and water. If a resident requires medication it must be given at the appropriate time, every time, and in the right dosage. Failure to properly provide medication is an example of nursing home negligence. If a nursing home or its employees do not give your family member the medicine and attention they need, you need the skill and experience of Burger Law’s Cuba, MO nursing home negligence lawyers to hold the nursing home accountable. Talk over your case with us immediately at or fill out this form.
Negligent COVID-19 Protocols
If you have a loved one in a Cuba, MO nursing home who grew very ill or passed away because of COVID-19, you may be wondering if it is an instance of nursing home negligence. It can be, and it is best to reach out to one of our Cuba, MO nursing home negligence attorneys immediately at to become aware of your options if your loved one’s nursing home and their staff disregarded the rules concerning the COVID-19 pandemic.
While COVID-19 guidelines are new for a lot of the general population, nursing homes have had a obligation to have practices in place for putting an end to the spread of infectious diseases for years. They have to comply with federal laws such as:
- Isolate and quarantine infected residents from the other residents
- Enact an “Infection Control Program”“Infection Control Program”
- Prevent sick workers from coming to work
- Disinfect the residents’ rooms, common areas, tables, chairs and door handles frequently
- Provide sufficient personal protective equipment such as masks and gloves in the event of an outbreak. Too often personal protective equipment is not worn or not switched out between visits to other residents
When you hire a talented and seasoned Cuba, MO nursing home negligence attorney at Burger Law, we will contact your family member's nursing home at once to procure their records detailing how they handled infected residents and employees. If we find they were negligent, we will be at your side and demand that you get full compensation.
Nursing Home Negligence Attorney Cuba, MO: Nursing Home Abuse
While a lot of mistreatment of nursing home residents can be accredited to negligence, sometimes administrators or workers break the rules even further and cause intentional harm. The nursing home abuse attorneys at Burger law will make those bullies pay for this contemptible conduct and fight by your side until you receive the full recovery you and your loved one are owed to help you heal.
Examples of nursing home abuse can include:
- Physical Abuse. If staff are wantonly causing physical harm, such as pushing, kicking, pulling or hitting, they are committing abuse. Get in touch with a Burger Law Cuba, MO nursing home attorney immediately.
- Emotional Abuse. This can include yelling, insulting or “toying” with a resident—especially someone with dementia or a degenerative brain disease such as Alzheimer’s.
- Sexual Abuse. In 2017, CNN reported that over 1,000 nursing homes in the United States got citations for poorly handling accusations of sexual battery.
- Financial Exploitation. The elderly are at increased risk of being targets of theft and fraud. Abusive nursing home workers might steal your grandmother’s checkbook or credit card or exploit them into changing their will or assigning a strange power of attorney. There are also a lot of scams and frauds that exploit the elderly, including someone calling your loved one, pretending to be you and then asking for money. The Consumer Finance Protection Bureau has a comprehensive guide for nursing homes and how they can protect their residents from financial exploitation.
Common Signs and Symptoms of Nursing Home Negligence
If you have a loved one who lives in a nursing home in Cuba, MO, you might worry that they are not being provided the proper care they deserve. There are several warning signs that you can be aware of to make certain your loved one is not suffering from nursing home neglect or nursing home abuse. If you notice any of the warning signs below and believe your loved one is the victim of neglect, call your nursing home negligence attorney at now.
- Bedsores or pressure ulcers
- Bruises, burns, welts, cuts, lacerations or fractures
- Dehydration or malnutrition
- Fatigue, insomnia or other sleep disorders
- Poor hygiene and poor dental hygiene
- Worsening existing conditions
- New or untreated medical conditions
- Significant personality changes such as irritability or suicidal thoughts or actions
- Complaining about the staff
- Unpaid bills when you know there should be sufficient funds in their account
As many Cuba, MO nursing home residents unfortunately face deteriorating health as they get older, these symptoms are do not always imply nursing home neglect or nursing home abuse. However, if you see any potential symptoms it is important to talk to your family member and ask them about the care they are getting. Reach out to a veteran and compassionate nursing home negligence attorney at Burger Law so we can help you judge if your loved one is receiving the attention they deserve or if the nursing home employees have been negligent. If anyone has disregarded the rules, your Burger Law negligence attorney will hold them responsible. As a leading Cuba, MO law firm, the attorneys of Burger Law welcome the hard cases and do not rest until our clients get every dollar they are owed.
What to do if a Loved One is Experiencing Nursing Home Negligence in Cuba, MO
Fortunately, there are a lot of courses of action for finding help if a family member is experiencing nursing home neglect or nursing home abuse in Cuba, MO. The experienced and skilled nursing home negligence and abuse attorneys at Burger Law will help you navigate this difficult time and provide you and your family with heartfelt support, sound counsel and tenacious representation throughout the process of your nursing home negligence case.
In Cuba, MO you can call the Adult Abuse and Neglect Hotline at tel:1-800-392-0210 or visit health.mo.gov to report suspected abuse. When you report abuse, you will have to respond to the following questions to the best of your availability:
- The personal and contact information of yourself, of the loved one you feel is suffering from abuse, of the alleged offender and of anybody who could have more information about the abuse
- The situation that influenced you to believe that your loved one was being abused, neglected or financially manipulated with as many specifics as possible
- Whether or not the person being neglected is in immediate danger, when the best time to contact them is, if they are aware of the report and if a social worker might be in danger if they go to the nursing home to investigate
- Your relationship to your loved one
- If you are willing to be contacted again
Communicate any other relevant information you think is pertinent to the investigation. When you think or find out that your family member is being abused and hurt in the nursing home or other facility where they live, you must call to a seasoned and professional nursing home negligence attorney in the Cuba, MO area now. Our knowledgeable nursing home legal team will stand by your side and fight to win a great recovery for you and your family. Allow us to start fighting for justice and full compensation for you today by calling us at now.
The Cuba, MO lawyers of Burger Law have the experience and knowledge to help you receive the full recovery you deserve after any accident or injury caused by someone else leaves you injured. Learn more about our fields of expertise below.
- Survival Action Lawyer in Missouri
- Truck Crash Lawyers in Missouri
- Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer in Missouri
Call a St. Louis and Missouri Nursing Home Negligence Attorney Today
While we can be thankful that there are institutions that track nursing home negligence and work to investigate allegations, it is also vitally important that you call a knowledgeable and seasoned Cuba, MO nursing home negligence lawyer immediately. As a nursing home negligence lawyer with Burger Law, we have seen every sort of nursing home abuse case. We are well-versed in the regulations nursing home staff break that are intended to keep our loved ones safe and we know how to hold negligent rule breakers accountable, letting you be awarded the compensation you are entitled to. We have exceptional trial and litigation abilities and will not stop fighting until you get the full compensation you deserve.
You do not owe us anything until we win your case. Call or contact us online straight away to speak with a dedicated Cuba, MO Nursing Home Negligence Attorney. Our nursing home negligence and abuse lawyers are standing by to answer your legal questions for free and remain committed to your family’s recovery from the second you hire us until the day you are awarded a full recovery for the damages you and your loved one have sustained. Call to speak to your Cuba, MO nursing home negligence attorney now.