Get justice for your loved one today
Nursing Home Negligence Attorney Fulton, MO
Nursing Home Negligence Attorney in Fulton, MO. Take action toward getting justice for you and your loved one today; call our Fulton, MO nursing home negligence attorneys in Fulton, MO at (314) 500-HURT or fill out this form now. A Burger Law nursing home negligence lawyer in Fulton, MO will start fighting to get you the compensation you are entitled to straight away.
We entrust nursing homes to protect our loved ones when they are vulnerable. Sometimes they betray that trust by allowing nursing home negligence or nursing home abuse to happen on their premises. When that happens, they need to atone for breaking the rules. The Fulton, MO nursing home negligence attorneys at Burger Law will ensure you and your family member collect the maximum compensation you are owed to help protect your future and help you heal whole again. Call us today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online so we can get to work on on your case right away. For more than two decades, Fulton, MO residents have put their recoveries in our trustworthy hands and insurance companies know to fear us because we are relentless in our demand for justice and your full compensation.
Your loved one may need special care such as daily medication or help moving around if they have poor mobility. You expect nursing homes to offer them sufficient care whatever their situation may be. Nursing home negligence and nursing home abuse can happen either as a result of negligence on the part of the administration or owing to the actions or inaction of the nursing home workers. Some nursing homes do not perform sufficient background checks before hiring an employee, and some nursing homes do not have enough staff to provide adequate care. When nursing home employees are negligent and cause injury to your family member, you need a veteran nursing home negligence attorney on your side to protect your loved one and help you recover.
Missouri Law requires nursing home administrators and workers to report whenever they see or suspect nursing home abuse or negligence, and failing to do so is in itself an act of negligence. The caring and veteran nursing home negligence lawyers at Burger Law will hold Fulton, MO nursing homes and their staff accountable when they break the rules and abuse or neglect your family member. From building your case to negotiating to insisting on full compensation, your Burger Law nursing home negligence attorney in Fulton, MO has the savvy required to help you win your case. If the negligent party is not willing to pay the compensation you and your family are entitled to, we are not afraid to bring your fight to trial. We persistently work on our trial and litigation skills and will demand to juries that you recover the compensation you deserve.
Common Types of Nursing Home Negligence
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention define nursing home negligence as the “failure to meet an older adult’s basic needs. These needs include food, water, shelter, clothing, hygiene and essential medical care.” The seasoned Fulton, MO nursing home negligence lawyers at Burger Law have seen every category of nursing home negligence case, and have the skill and experience to maximize your compensation and help you and your loved one whole again.
Bedsores can also be called pressure sores, decubitus ulcers, or pressure ulcers. In a 2004 study, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention found that 11 percent of nursing home residents experienced bedsores. Bedsores occur in four stages, ordered by the depth of soft tissue damage.
- Stage 1: A consistent redness of the skin.
- Stage 2: A loss of partial thickness of skin appearing as an abrasion, blister or shallow crater.
- Stage 3: A loss of full thickness of skin, presented as a deep crater.
- Stage 4: A loss of full thickness of skin uncovering muscle or bone. This stage can often lead to infection.
The majority bedsores in nursing homes are stage 2 bedsores on residents' lower backs, which are called sacral ulcers. Recovery can take months or even years, depending on which stage the ulcer is in. If you see that a loved one living in a nursing home is experiencing bed sores, contact a nursing home negligence attorney immediately at (314) 500-HURT.
Bedsores occur when the blood supply is restricted to a part of the skin for more than two or three hours, and are extremely common in patients who are immobile and largely confined to a wheelchair or bed. Fulton, MO nursing homes should inspect their patients’ skin on a daily basis, keep their skin clean and dry and change any bandages every day. Neglecting to do so is an example of nursing home negligence. Any red marks need to receive medical treatment at once. Any nursing home resident who is immobile or limited to a wheelchair or bed requires their position to be changed every two hours. If your loved one has suffered from any stage of bedsore as a result of nursing home negligence, you need the talented nursing home negligence attorneys at Burger Law to fight alongside you to make sure you get the maximum compensation you and your loved one are entitled to.
Social or Emotional Neglect
Nursing homes are accountable for the entirety of their Fulton, MO residents’ well-being, including their social and emotional well-being. Like every human, the elderly need a positive social life to flourish. Nursing homes can be a tremendous way for residents to make new friends in their old age. However, administrators or employees stopping residents from interacting with others is a form of nursing home negligence. This can happen if they unintentionally leave vulnerable residents by themselves, neglect to provide canes, wheelchairs or walkers to residents who need assistance moving around or fail to move residents with extreme mobility or mental limitations. If your family member has been denied the social interaction that everyone needs and deserves, call Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT and our dedicated and sympathetic nursing home negligence attorneys will insist that you and your family receive a full financial recovery. As your Fulton, MO nursing home negligence lawyer, we will use our knowledge and experience to investigate, construct and prove your claim of social or emotional neglect.
Failure to Provide Basic Living Needs
This can include neglecting to maintain the nursing home at a proper temperature, not washing the rooms or common areas regularly or not providing adequate, nourishing or safe food and water. If a resident needs medicine it must be administered at the scheduled time, each time, and in the right dosage. Failure to properly provide medication is an example of nursing home negligence. If a nursing home or its staff does not give your loved one the medicine and care they need, you need the skill and experience of Burger Law’s Fulton, MO nursing home negligence lawyers to hold the nursing home responsible. Talk through your case with us now at (314) 500-HURT or fill out this form.
Negligent COVID-19 Protocols
If you have a loved one in a Fulton, MO nursing home who became very ill or passed away because of COVID-19, you may be thinking about if that is an instance of nursing home negligence. Sometimes it is, and it is best to contact one of our Fulton, MO nursing home negligence attorneys right away at (314) 500-HURT to understand your options if your family member's nursing home and their workers did not respect the rules in regards to the COVID-19 pandemic.
While COVID-19 protocols are a new part of life for many of us, nursing homes have had a obligation to have guidelines in place for putting an end to the spread of infectious diseases for years. They have to comply with federal rules such as:
- Isolate and quarantine infected patients from the other residents
- Enact an “Infection Control Program”“Infection Control Program”
- Prohibit sick employees from working
- Clean the residents’ rooms, common areas, tables, chairs and door handles frequently
- Provide adequate personal protective equipment such as masks and gloves in the event of an outbreak. Too often personal protective equipment is not worn or not switched out between visits to other residents
When you hire a knowledgeable and accomplished Fulton, MO nursing home negligence attorney at Burger Law, we will contact your family member's nursing home immediately to acquire their records detailing how they handled sick residents and employees. If we find they were careless, we will fight by your side and insist that you get full compensation.
Nursing Home Negligence Attorney Fulton, MO: Nursing Home Abuse
While a good deal of mistreatment of people in nursing homes can be ascribed to neglect, sometimes administrators or workers break the rules to a greater extent and cause purposeful harm. The nursing home abuse attorneys at Burger law will make those bullies pay for this detestable behavior and fight by your side until you are awarded the full compensation you and your family member deserve to help you heal.
Cases of nursing home abuse can include:
- Physical Abuse. If staff are wantonly causing physical harm, such as pushing, kicking, pulling or hitting, they are committing abuse. Contact a Burger Law Fulton, MO nursing home attorney immediately.
- Emotional Abuse. This can include yelling, taunting or “toying” with a resident—particularly someone with dementia or a degenerative brain disease such as Alzheimer’s.
- Sexual Abuse. In 2017, CNN reported that over 1,000 nursing homes in the United States got citations for poorly handling accusations of sexual assault.
- Financial Exploitation. The elderly are at increased risk of becoming victims of theft and scams. Abusive nursing home employees may steal your family member's checkbook or credit card or exploit them into modifying their will or assigning a mysterious power of attorney. There are also a great deal of scams and frauds that take advantage of the elderly, including someone calling your family member, pretending to be you and then saying they need money. The Consumer Finance Protection Bureau has a comprehensive guide for nursing homes and how they can protect their residents from financial manipulation.
Common Signs and Symptoms of Nursing Home Negligence
If you have a family member who resides in a nursing home in Fulton, MO, you might feel apprehensive that they are not getting the attentive care they deserve. There are certain warning signs that you can be aware of to ensure your loved one is not going through nursing home neglect or nursing home abuse. If you notice any of the warning signs below and suspect your loved one is the victim of neglect, call your nursing home negligence attorney at (314) 500-HURT now.
- Bedsores or pressure ulcers
- Bruises, burns, welts, cuts, lacerations or fractures
- Dehydration or malnourishment
- Fatigue, insomnia or other sleep disorders
- Poor hygiene and poor dental hygiene
- Worsening existing conditions
- New or untreated medical conditions
- Significant personality changes such as irritability or suicidal thoughts or actions
- Complaining about the staff
- Unpaid bills when you know there should be adequate funds in their account
As many Fulton, MO nursing home residents unfortunately face declining health as they get older, these symptoms are not always an indication of nursing home neglect or nursing home abuse. However, if you see any potential signs it is important to speak with your loved one and inquire about the treatment they are getting. Reach out to a seasoned and empathetic nursing home negligence attorney at Burger Law so we can help you determine if your loved one is getting the care they are entitled to or if the nursing home staff has been negligent. If anyone has broken the rules, your Burger Law negligence attorney will hold them accountable. As a leading Fulton, MO law firm, the attorneys of Burger Law welcome the difficult cases and do not rest until our clients get every penny they are owed.
What to do if a Loved One is Experiencing Nursing Home Negligence in Fulton, MO
Fortunately, there are many avenues for finding help if a loved one is experiencing nursing home neglect or nursing home abuse in Fulton, MO. The experienced and savvy nursing home negligence and abuse attorneys at Burger Law will help you navigate this trying time and provide you and your family with sincere support, sound guidance and aggressive representation throughout the process of your nursing home negligence case.
In Fulton, MO you can call the Adult Abuse and Neglect Hotline at tel:1-800-392-0210 or visit health.mo.gov to report suspected abuse. When you report abuse, you will need to answer the following questions as best you can:
- The name and contact information of yourself, of the loved one you suspect is suffering from abuse, of the suspected perpetrator and of anyone who might possess more information about the negligence
- The conditions that led you to believe that your loved one was being abused, neglected or financially exploited with as many particulars as possible
- Whether or not the person being neglected is in immediate danger, when the best time to contact them is, if they are aware of the report and if a social worker might be in danger if they go to the nursing home to investigate
- Your relationship to your loved one
- If you are willing to be contacted again
Disclose any other relevant information you think is pertinent to the case. When you believe or discover that your family member is being mistreated and harmed in the nursing home or other facility where they reside, you have to call to an experienced and professional nursing home negligence attorney in the Fulton, MO area straight away. Our knowledgeable nursing home legal team will stand by your side and fight to collect a full recovery for you and your family. Allow us to start fighting for justice and full compensation for you today by calling us at (314) 500-HURT now.
The Fulton, MO lawyers of Burger Law have the experience and knowledge to help you receive the full recovery you deserve after any accident or injury caused by someone else leaves you injured. Learn more about our fields of expertise below.
- Truck Crash Lawyers in Missouri
- Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer in Missouri
- Car Accident Attorney in Missouri
Call a St. Louis and Missouri Nursing Home Negligence Attorney Today
While we can be thankful that there are institutions that track nursing home negligence and work to investigate accusations, it is also vitally important that you call a skilled and experienced Fulton, MO nursing home negligence lawyer at once. As a nursing home negligence lawyer with Burger Law, we have experience with every type of nursing home abuse case. We are well-versed in the laws nursing home workers break that are intended to keep our loved ones safe and we understand how to hold careless rule breakers responsible, allowing you to receive the compensation you deserve. We have unrivaled trial and litigation abilities and will not stop fighting until you get the best possible compensation you deserve.
We do not charge any fees until we win your case. Call (314) 500-HURT or contact us online now to talk to a dedicated Fulton, MO Nursing Home Negligence Attorney. Our nursing home negligence and abuse lawyers are here to answer your legal questions for free and remain dedicated to your family’s recovery from the instant you hire us until the day you receive a full recovery for the damages you and your loved one have sustained. Call (314) 500-HURT to speak to your Fulton, MO nursing home negligence attorney now.