Nursing Home Negligence Attorney Jackson, MO
Nursing Home Negligence Attorney in Jackson, MO. Take action toward getting justice for you and your loved one today; call our Jackson, MO nursing home negligence attorneys in Jackson, MO at or fill out this form now. A Burger Law nursing home negligence lawyer in Jackson, MO will start fighting to get you the recovery you are entitled to right away.
We trust in nursing homes to care for our family members when they are vulnerable. Occasionally they break that trust by committing nursing home negligence or nursing home abuse. When that happens, they need to atone for breaking the rules. The Jackson, MO nursing home negligence attorneys at Burger Law will make certain you and your loved one are awarded the maximum compensation you deserve to help secure your future and help you recover whole again. Call us today at or contact us online so we can start working on your case at once. For more than twenty years, Jackson, MO individuals and families have put their claims in our trustworthy hands and insurance companies know to fear us because we are relentless in our demand for justice and your full compensation.
Your loved one may necessitate special care such as daily medication or help moving around if they have poor mobility. We trust in nursing homes to give them proper care whatever their situation may be. Nursing home negligence and nursing home abuse can occur either as a result of negligence on the part of the administration or due to the behavior or inaction of the nursing home staff. Some nursing homes do not carry out sufficient background checks before hiring a worker, and some nursing homes do not have enough staff to provide proper care. When nursing home employees are negligent and cause harm to your loved one, you need a knowledgeable nursing home negligence attorney in your corner to protect your loved one and help you heal.
Missouri Law obligates nursing home administrators and workers to report whenever they see or suspect nursing home abuse or negligence, and neglecting to do so is by itself a form of negligence. The compassionate and seasoned nursing home negligence lawyers at Burger Law will hold Jackson, MO nursing homes and their staff accountable when they disregard the rules and abuse or neglect your family member. From building your case to negotiating to demanding full compensation, your Burger Law nursing home negligence attorney in Jackson, MO has the savvy required to help you win your case. If the negligent party will not pay the compensation you and your loved one are owed, we will not hesitate to bring your fight to trial. We continually hone our trial and litigation skills and will demand to juries that you recover the money you are entitled to.
Common Types of Nursing Home Negligence
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention define nursing home negligence as the “failure to meet an older adult’s basic needs. These needs include food, water, shelter, clothing, hygiene and essential medical care.” The accomplished Jackson, MO nursing home negligence lawyers at Burger Law have seen every kind of nursing home negligence case, and have the skill and experience to maximize your recovery and help put your mind at ease.
Bedsores are also referred to as pressure sores, decubitus ulcers, or pressure ulcers. In a 2004 study, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention found that 11 percent of nursing home residents suffered from bedsores. Bedsores happen in four stages, determined by the depth of soft tissue damage.
- Stage 1: A persistent redness of the skin.
- Stage 2: A loss of partial thickness of skin appearing as an abrasion, blister or shallow crater.
- Stage 3: A loss of full thickness of skin, presented as a deep crater.
- Stage 4: A loss of full thickness of skin uncovering muscle or bone. This stage can often lead to infection.
Most bedsores in nursing homes are stage 2 bedsores on residents' lower backs, which are called sacral ulcers. Healing can take anywhere from a few days to over a year, based on which stage the ulcer is in. If you see that a loved one living in a nursing home is experiencing bed sores, call to a nursing home negligence attorney immediately at .
Bedsores occur when blood flow is restricted to a part of the skin for more than two or three hours, and are especially common in patients in wheelchairs or who are confined to beds. Jackson, MO nursing homes should check their patients’ skin daily, regularly clean and dry their skin and change any bandages every day. Failing to do so represents nursing home negligence. Any red spots need to receive medical treatment at once. Any nursing home resident who cannot move well or is limited to a wheelchair or bed should have their position changed every two hours. If your family member has experienced any stage of bedsore because of nursing home negligence, you need the accomplished nursing home negligence attorneys at Burger Law to fight by your side to make sure you get the maximum recovery you and your family are entitled to.
Social or Emotional Neglect
Nursing homes are accountable for the entirety of their Jackson, MO residents’ well-being, including their social and emotional well-being. Like all humans, the elderly need positive social interaction to prosper. Nursing homes can be a tremendous way for the elderly to meet new people in their golden years. However, administrators or employees hindering residents from interacting with others is a type of nursing home negligence. This can occur if they inadvertently leave vulnerable residents alone, neglect to provide canes, wheelchairs or walkers to residents who need assistance moving around or neglect to move residents with extreme mobility or cognitive limitations. If your loved one has not gotten the social interaction that everybody needs and is entitled to, call Burger Law today at and our dedicated and sympathetic nursing home negligence attorneys will demand that you and your family collect a full financial recovery. As your Jackson, MO nursing home negligence lawyer, we will utilize our expertise and experience to investigate, establish and prove your case of social or emotional neglect.
Failure to Provide Basic Living Needs
This can include neglecting to keep the nursing home at a proper temperature, not sanitizing the rooms or common areas often or not providing sufficient, healthy or safe food and water. If a resident requires medicine it must be provided at the appropriate time, each time, and in the correct dosage. Failure to properly provide medication is an example of nursing home negligence. If a nursing home or its employees do not give your loved one the medicine and attention they need, you need the skill and experience of Burger Law’s Jackson, MO nursing home negligence lawyers to make sure the nursing home pays. Discuss your case with us today at or fill out this form.
Negligent COVID-19 Protocols
If you have a loved one in a Jackson, MO nursing home who grew very sick or died because of COVID-19, you may be wondering if this is an instance of nursing home negligence. Sometimes it is, and it is best to get in touch with one of our Jackson, MO nursing home negligence attorneys straight away at to understand your options if your loved one’s nursing home and their employees did not respect the rules concerning the COVID-19 pandemic.
While COVID-19 guidelines are new for the majority of the general population, nursing homes have been required to have practices in place for putting an end to the spread of infectious diseases for a long time. They have to comply with federal regulations which are:
- Isolate and quarantine infected individuals from the other residents
- Implement an “Infection Control Program”“Infection Control Program”
- Not Allow infected employees from coming to work
- Clean the residents’ rooms, common areas, tables, chairs and door handles frequently
- Provide adequate personal protective equipment such as masks and gloves if an outbreak occurs. Too often personal protective equipment is not worn or not changed between visits to other residents
When you hire a talented and accomplished Jackson, MO nursing home negligence attorney at Burger Law, we will contact your family member's nursing home right away to acquire their records specifying how they managed infected residents and workers. If we find they were negligent, we will stand by your side and demand that you get full compensation.
Nursing Home Negligence Attorney Jackson, MO: Nursing Home Abuse
While a lot of mistreatment of individuals in nursing homes can be attributed to negligence, sometimes administrators or staff break the rules to a greater extent and cause purposeful harm. The nursing home abuse attorneys at Burger law will hold those bullies responsible for this detestable behavior and fight by your side until you are awarded the maximum compensation you and your loved one are entitled to to help make you whole again.
Cases of nursing home abuse can include:
- Physical Abuse. If staff are wantonly causing physical harm, such as pushing, kicking, pulling or hitting, they are committing abuse. Get in touch with a Burger Law Jackson, MO nursing home attorney immediately.
- Emotional Abuse. This can include yelling, insulting or “toying” with a resident—particularly someone with dementia or a degenerative brain disease such as Alzheimer’s.
- Sexual Abuse. In 2017, CNN reported that over 1,000 nursing homes in the United States received citations for poorly handling accusations of sexual assault.
- Financial Exploitation. The elderly are at heightened risk of being targets of theft and scams. Abusive nursing home workers might steal your loved one's checkbook or credit card or exploit them into amending their will or assigning a mysterious power of attorney. There are also a lot of scams and frauds that take advantage of the elderly, including someone calling your family member, pretending to be you and then asking for money. The Consumer Finance Protection Bureau has a comprehensive guide for nursing homes and how they can protect their residents from financial exploitation.
Common Signs and Symptoms of Nursing Home Negligence
If you have a family member who stays in a nursing home in Jackson, MO, you might worry that they are not receiving the attentive care they deserve. There are certain warning signs that you can be on the lookout for to make sure your loved one is not going through nursing home neglect or nursing home abuse. If you notice any of the warning signs below and believe your loved one is the victim of neglect, call your nursing home negligence attorney at now.
- Bedsores or pressure ulcers
- Bruises, burns, welts, cuts, lacerations or fractures
- Dehydration or malnourishment
- Fatigue, insomnia or other sleep disorders
- Poor hygiene and poor dental hygiene
- Worsening existing conditions
- New or untreated medical conditions
- Significant personality changes such as irritability or suicidal thoughts or actions
- Complaining about the staff
- Unpaid bills when you know they have enough money
As many Jackson, MO nursing home residents unfortunately face worsening health as they age, these symptoms are do not always indicate nursing home neglect or nursing home abuse. However, if you see any potential signs it is vital to talk to your family member and inquire about the care they are receiving. Call a veteran and compassionate nursing home negligence attorney at Burger Law so we can help you verify if your loved one is receiving the care they deserve or if the nursing home workers have been negligent. If anyone has disregarded the rules, your Burger Law negligence attorney will hold them responsible. As a leading Jackson, MO law firm, the attorneys of Burger Law welcome the tough cases and do not let up until our clients get every dime they are owed.
What to do if a Loved One is Experiencing Nursing Home Negligence in Jackson, MO
Fortunately, there are a lot of courses of action for finding assistance if a loved one is experiencing nursing home neglect or nursing home abuse in Jackson, MO. The veteran and talented nursing home negligence and abuse attorneys at Burger Law will help you during this hard time and provide you and your family with compassionate support, sound direction and fierce representation throughout the process of your nursing home negligence lawsuit.
In Jackson, MO you can call the Adult Abuse and Neglect Hotline at tel:1-800-392-0210 or go to health.mo.gov to report suspected abuse. When you report abuse, you will have to answer the questions listed below to the best of your availability:
- The name and contact information of yourself, of the loved one you think is experiencing neglect, of the suspected perpetrator and of anyone who could have more information about the neglect
- The incidents that caused you to believe that your family member was being abused, neglected or financially exploited with as many specifics as possible
- Whether or not the person being neglected is in urgent danger, when the best time to contact them is, if they know you are filing the report and if a social worker might be in danger if they go to the nursing home to investigate
- Your relationship to your loved one
- If you are willing to be contacted again
Communicate any other relevant information you think is pertinent to the investigation. When you believe or learn that your loved one is being mistreated and harmed in the nursing home or other facility where they live, you need to call to a veteran and qualified nursing home negligence attorney in the Jackson, MO area straight away. Our skillful nursing home legal team will stand by your side and fight to secure a full recovery for you and your family. Permit us to begin fighting for justice and the best possible compensation for you today by calling us at now.
The Jackson, MO lawyers of Burger Law have the experience and knowledge to help you receive the full recovery you deserve after any accident or injury caused by someone else leaves you injured. Learn more about our fields of expertise below.
- Survival Action Lawyer in Missouri
- Truck Crash Lawyers in Missouri
- Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer in Missouri
Call a St. Louis and Missouri Nursing Home Negligence Attorney Today
While it is a wonderful thing that there are organizations that track nursing home negligence and work to investigate allegations, it is also incredibly important that you get in touch with a skilled and experienced Jackson, MO nursing home negligence lawyer right away. As a nursing home negligence lawyer with Burger Law, we have experience with every category of nursing home abuse case. We are well-versed in the regulations nursing home workers break that are designed to keep our loved ones safe and we know how to hold thoughtless rule breakers responsible, letting you get the compensation you are entitled to. We have exceptional trial and litigation capabilities and will not cease fighting until you get the maximum compensation you deserve.
You do not owe us anything until we win your case. Call or contact us online straight away to speak with a devoted Jackson, MO Nursing Home Negligence Attorney. Our nursing home negligence and abuse lawyers are here to answer your legal questions for free and remain dedicated to your family’s recovery from the instant you hire us until the day you are fully compensated for the damages you and your loved one have sustained. Call to speak to your Jackson, MO nursing home negligence attorney now.