Nursing Home Negligence Attorney Madison County, IL
Nursing Home Negligence Attorney in Madison County, IL. Take action toward being compensated for the harm done to you or your loved one today; call our Madison County, IL nursing home negligence attorneys in Madison County, IL at or fill out this form now. A Burger Law nursing home negligence lawyer in Madison County, IL will begin fighting to get you the recovery you deserve immediately.
We entrust nursing homes to protect our loved ones when they are vulnerable. Occasionally they break that trust by committing nursing home negligence or nursing home abuse. When that happens, they need to pay for breaking the rules. The Madison County, IL nursing home negligence attorneys at Burger Law will make sure you and your loved one get the maximum recovery you are entitled to to help secure your future and help you heal whole again. Call us today at or contact us online so we can start working on your case immediately. For more than two decades, our Madison County, IL clients have trusted us with their compensation and insurance companies have come to fear us because we are relentless in our demand for justice and your full compensation.
Your family member might require special care such as daily medication or help moving around if they have poor mobility. We trust in nursing homes to give them appropriate care regardless of their situation. Nursing home negligence and nursing home abuse can occur either as a result of administrative negligence or as a result of the actions or inaction of the nursing home workers. Some nursing homes do not carry out sufficient background checks before hiring a worker, and some nursing homes are too understaffed to provide adequate care. When nursing home employees are negligent and cause injury to your family member, you need a accomplished nursing home negligence attorney on your side to protect your loved one and help you recover.
Missouri Law requires nursing home administrators and employees to report any signs of nursing home abuse or nursing home neglect, and failing to do so is by itself a form of negligence. The caring and experienced nursing home negligence lawyers at Burger Law will hold Madison County, IL nursing homes and their employees accountable when they do not respect the rules and abuse or neglect your family member. From building your case to negotiating to insisting on full compensation, your Burger Law nursing home negligence attorney in Madison County, IL has the savvy required to help you win your case. If the negligent party will not pay the recovery you and your loved one deserve, we will not hesitate to argue your case in front of a judge and jury. We constantly sharpen our trial and litigation skills and will demand to juries that you collect the compensation you are entitled to.
Common Types of Nursing Home Negligence
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention define nursing home negligence as the “failure to meet an older adult’s basic needs. These needs include food, water, shelter, clothing, hygiene and essential medical care.” The knowledgeable Madison County, IL nursing home negligence lawyers at Burger Law have experience with every kind of nursing home negligence case, and have the skill and experience to get you the best possible compensation and help put your mind at ease.
Bedsores are also called pressure sores, decubitus ulcers, or pressure ulcers. In a 2004 study, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention found that 11 percent of nursing home residents sustained bedsores. Bedsores progress in four stages, determined by the depth of soft tissue damage.
- Stage 1: A persistent redness of the skin.
- Stage 2: A loss of partial thickness of skin appearing as an abrasion, blister or shallow crater.
- Stage 3: A loss of full thickness of skin, evidenced by a deep crater.
- Stage 4: A loss of full thickness of skin revealing muscle or bone. This stage can often lead to infection.
Most bedsores in nursing homes are stage 2 bedsores on residents' lower backs, which are called sacral ulcers. Recovery can last anywhere from a few days to over a year, based on which stage the ulcer is in. If you discover that a family member living in a nursing home is suffering from bed sores, talk to a nursing home negligence attorney immediately at .
Bedsores occur when the blood supply is restricted to the area for over two or three hours, and are particularly common in residents in wheelchairs or who are confined to beds. Madison County, IL nursing homes should look over their patients’ skin on a daily basis, keep their skin clean and dry and change any bandages every day. Failing to do so is an example of nursing home negligence. Any red marks need to receive medical attention at once. Any nursing home resident who is immobile or limited to a wheelchair or bed needs to have their position changed every two hours. If your family member has sustained any stage of bedsore due to nursing home negligence, you need the knowledgeable nursing home negligence attorneys at Burger Law to fight for you to make sure you are awarded the full recovery you and your family are owed.
Social or Emotional Neglect
We trust nursing homes with the entirety of their Madison County, IL residents’ well-being, including their social and emotional health. Like any human, the elderly need a positive social life to flourish. Nursing homes can be a wonderful way for residents to meet new people in their golden years. However, administrators or employees hindering residents from interacting with others is a type of nursing home negligence. This can happen if they unintentionally leave vulnerable residents alone, neglect to provide canes, wheelchairs or walkers to residents who need assistance moving around or forget to move residents with severe mobility or cognitive limitations. If your loved one has not received the social interaction that every human needs and deserves, call Burger Law today at and our dedicated and compassionate nursing home negligence attorneys will fight until you and your family are awarded a complete financial recovery. As your Madison County, IL nursing home negligence lawyer, we will use our expertise and experience to investigate, establish and prove your case of social or emotional negligent.
Failure to Provide Basic Living Needs
This can include neglecting to maintain the nursing home at a suitable temperature, not washing the rooms or common areas frequently or not providing sufficient, nourishing or safe food and water. If a resident requires medicine it must be provided at the scheduled time, every time, and in the proper dosage. Failure to properly administer medication is a form of nursing home negligence. If a nursing home or its employees do not give your family member the medication and attention they need, you need the skill and experience of Burger Law’s Madison County, IL nursing home negligence lawyers to hold the nursing home responsible. Talk through your case with us today at or fill out this form.
Negligent COVID-19 Protocols
If you have a family member in a Madison County, IL nursing home who became very ill or passed away because of COVID-19, you may be thinking about if it is a case of nursing home negligence. Sometimes it is, and it is best to get in touch with one of our Madison County, IL nursing home negligence attorneys straight away at to understand your options if your family member's nursing home and their staff did not respect the rules in regards to the COVID-19 pandemic.
While COVID-19 guidelines are a new part of life for many of us, nursing homes have had a obligation to have practices in place for halting the spread of infectious diseases for a long time. They have to comply with federal regulations which include:
- Isolate and quarantine infected residents from the other residents
- Implement an “Infection Control Program”“Infection Control Program”
- Prevent sick staff from working
- Clean the residents’ rooms, common areas, tables, chairs and door handles regularly
- Provide sufficient personal protective equipment such as masks and gloves in the event of an outbreak. Too many times personal protective equipment is not worn or not changed between visits to other residents
When you hire a expert and experienced Madison County, IL nursing home negligence attorney at Burger Law, we will reach out to your family member's nursing home immediately to obtain their records specifying how they managed infected residents and employees. If we learn that they were careless, we will stand by your side and demand that you get maximum compensation.
Nursing Home Negligence Attorney Madison County, IL: Nursing Home Abuse
While a good deal of mistreatment of nursing home residents can be assigned to negligence, sometimes administrators or staff break the rules to a greater extent and cause non-accidental harm. The nursing home abuse attorneys at Burger law will hold those bullies accountable for this despicable conduct and fight for you until you collect the maximum recovery you and your loved one deserve to help make you whole again.
Instances of nursing home abuse are:
- Physical Abuse. If staff are purposefully causing physical harm, such as pushing, kicking, pulling or hitting, they are committing abuse. Call a Burger Law Madison County, IL nursing home attorney immediately.
- Emotional Abuse. This can include yelling, insulting or “toying” with a resident—especially someone with dementia or a degenerative brain disease such as Alzheimer’s.
- Sexual Abuse. In 2017, CNN reported that over 1,000 nursing homes in the United States received citations for mismanaging accusations of sexual assault.
- Financial Exploitation. The elderly are at increased risk of being targets of theft and fraud. Abusive nursing home employees could steal your loved one's checkbook or credit card or manipulate them into altering their will or assigning a strange power of attorney. There are also various scams and frauds that take advantage of the elderly, including someone calling your family member, pretending to be you and then asking for money. The Consumer Finance Protection Bureau has a comprehensive guide for nursing homes and how they can protect their residents from financial exploitation.
Common Signs and Symptoms of Nursing Home Negligence
If you have a family member who lives in a nursing home in Madison County, IL, you might fear that they are not receiving the attentive care they are entitled to. There are certain warning signs that you can be aware of to make sure your loved one is not going through nursing home neglect or nursing home abuse. If you notice any of the warning signs below and suspect your loved one is the victim of neglect, call your nursing home negligence attorney at now.
- Bedsores or pressure ulcers
- Bruises, burns, welts, cuts, lacerations or broken bones
- Dehydration or malnourishment
- Fatigue, insomnia or other sleep disorders
- Poor hygiene and poor dental hygiene
- Worsening existing conditions
- New or untreated medical conditions
- Significant personality changes such as irritability or suicidal thoughts or actions
- Complaining about the staff
- Unpaid bills when you know there should be adequate money in their account
As many Madison County, IL nursing home residents unfortunately face declining health as they get older, these symptoms are do not always signal nursing home neglect or nursing home abuse. However, if you see any potential symptoms it is essential to talk to your family member and ask them about the treatment they are receiving. Reach out to an experienced and sympathetic nursing home negligence attorney at Burger Law so we can help you discover if your loved one is getting the treatment they deserve or if the nursing home staff has been negligent. If anyone has broken the rules, your Burger Law negligence attorney will make them pay for their actions. As a leading Madison County, IL law firm, the attorneys of Burger Law welcome the difficult cases and work around the clock until our clients get every penny they are owed.
What to do if a Loved One is Experiencing Nursing Home Negligence in Madison County, IL
Fortunately, there are a lot of outlets for finding assistance if a loved one is suffering from nursing home neglect or nursing home abuse in Madison County, IL. The veteran and knowledgeable nursing home negligence and abuse attorneys at Burger Law will help you navigate this hard time and provide you and your family with compassionate support, sound advice and aggressive representation throughout your entire nursing home negligence claim.
In Madison County, IL you can call the Adult Abuse and Neglect Hotline at tel:1-800-392-0210 or visit health.mo.gov to report suspected abuse. When you report abuse, you will need to answer the following questions to the best of your availability:
- The personal and contact information of yourself, of the loved one you feel is suffering from abuse, of the alleged abuser and of anyone who may possess more information about the abuse
- The conditions that influenced you to believe that your family member was being abused, neglected or financially manipulated with as many specific details as possible
- Whether or not the person experiencing abuse is in urgent danger, when the best time to contact them is, if they are aware of the report and if a social worker might be in danger if they go to the nursing home to investigate
- Your relationship to your loved one
- If you are willing to be contacted again
Relay any other relevant information you think is pertinent to the investigation. When you think or discover that your family member is being mistreated and harmed in the nursing home or other facility where they reside, you have to contact to an experienced and professional nursing home negligence attorney in the Madison County, IL area immediately. Our skillful nursing home legal team will stand by your side and fight to win a great recovery for you and your family. Permit us to begin fighting for justice and maximum compensation for you today by calling us at now.
The Madison County, IL lawyers of Burger Law have the experience and knowledge to help you receive the full recovery you deserve after any accident or injury caused by someone else leaves you injured. Learn more about our fields of expertise below.
- Truck Crash Lawyers in Illinois
- Wrongful Death Lawyers in Illinois
- Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer in Illinois
- Car Accident Attorney in Illinois
Call a St. Louis and Missouri Nursing Home Negligence Attorney Today
While we can be grateful that there are institutions that monitor nursing home negligence and work to investigate allegations, it is also incredibly important that you call a savvy and accomplished Madison County, IL nursing home negligence lawyer straight away. As a nursing home negligence lawyer with Burger Law, we have experience with every category of nursing home abuse case. We are well-versed in the regulations nursing home workers break that are intended to keep our loved ones safe and we know how to hold negligent rule breakers accountable, letting you be awarded the compensation you are entitled to. We have unparalleled trial and litigation abilities and will not stop until you get the best possible compensation you deserve.
You do not owe us anything until we win your case. Call or contact us online at once to speak with a committed Madison County, IL Nursing Home Negligence Attorney. Our nursing home negligence and abuse lawyers are waiting to answer your legal questions for free and remain committed to your family’s recovery from the instant you hire us until the day you are fully compensated for the damages you and your loved one have sustained. Call to speak to your Madison County, IL nursing home negligence attorney now.