Get justice for your loved one today
Nursing Home Negligence Attorney Nevada, MO
Nursing Home Negligence Attorney in Nevada, MO. Take action toward getting justice for you and your loved one today; call our Nevada, MO nursing home negligence attorneys in Nevada, MO at (314) 500-HURT or fill out this form now. A Burger Law nursing home negligence lawyer in Nevada, MO will start working to get you the recovery you deserve immediately.
We entrust nursing homes to care for our family members when they are vulnerable. Occasionally they shrug off that trust by committing nursing home negligence or nursing home abuse. When that happens, they need to pay for breaking the rules. The Nevada, MO nursing home negligence attorneys at Burger Law will make certain you and your loved one are awarded the maximum compensation you deserve to help protect your future and get you started on the path to recovery. Call us today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online so we can start working on your case right away. For more than two decades, our Nevada, MO clients have put their claims in our trustworthy hands and insurance companies have come to fear us because we are relentless in our demand for justice and your full compensation.
Your loved one may need special care such as daily medication or help moving around if they have poor mobility. You expect nursing homes to give them adequate care regardless of their situation. Nursing home negligence and nursing home abuse can take place either as a result of negligence on the part of the administration or due to the actions or inaction of the nursing home workers. Some nursing homes do not perform adequate background checks before hiring a worker, and some nursing homes are too short-staffed to provide proper care. When nursing home employees are negligent and cause injury to your family member, you need a skilled nursing home negligence attorney on your side to protect your loved one and help you heal.
Missouri Law requires nursing home administrators and staff to report any signs of nursing home abuse or nursing home neglect, and neglecting to do so is in itself an act of negligence. The compassionate and seasoned nursing home negligence lawyers at Burger Law will hold Nevada, MO nursing homes and their employees responsible when they do not respect the rules and abuse or neglect your family member. From constructing your case to documenting to demanding full compensation, your Burger Law nursing home negligence attorney in Nevada, MO has the skill required to help you win your case. If the negligent party will not pay the recovery you and your family are owed, we will fearlessly bring your fight to trial. We constantly sharpen our trial and litigation skills and will insist to juries that you collect the compensation you deserve.
Common Types of Nursing Home Negligence
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention define nursing home negligence as the “failure to meet an older adult’s basic needs. These needs include food, water, shelter, clothing, hygiene and essential medical care.” The expert Nevada, MO nursing home negligence lawyers at Burger Law have seen every category of nursing home negligence case, and have the talent and experience to maximize your compensation and help put your mind at ease.
Bedsores can also be called pressure sores, decubitus ulcers, or pressure ulcers. In a 2004 study, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention found that 11 percent of nursing home residents suffered from bedsores. Bedsores occur in four stages, classified by the depth of soft tissue damage.
- Stage 1: A continuing redness of the skin.
- Stage 2: A loss of partial thickness of skin appearing as an abrasion, blister or shallow crater.
- Stage 3: A loss of full thickness of skin, evidenced by a deep crater.
- Stage 4: A loss of full thickness of skin uncovering muscle or bone. This stage can often lead to infection.
The majority bedsores in nursing homes are stage 2 bedsores on residents' lower backs, which are called sacral ulcers. Recovery can last anywhere from a few days to over a year, based on which stage the ulcer is in. If you observe that a family member staying in a nursing home is suffering from bed sores, speak to a nursing home negligence attorney immediately at (314) 500-HURT.
Bedsores occur when the blood supply is obstructed to a part of the skin in excess of two or three hours, and are especially common in patients who are immobile and largely confined to a wheelchair or bed. Nevada, MO nursing homes should check their patients’ skin every day, keep their skin clean and dry and change any bandages every day. Not doing so is an example of nursing home negligence. Any red spots need to receive medical treatment straight away. Any nursing home resident who cannot move well or is confined to a wheelchair or bed should have their position changed every two hours. If your loved one has suffered from any stage of bedsore because of nursing home negligence, you need the talented nursing home negligence attorneys at Burger Law to fight by your side to make sure you collect the full compensation you and your family are owed.
Social or Emotional Neglect
Nursing homes are responsible for their resident's entire health, including their social and emotional well-being. Like every human, the elderly need positive social interaction to flourish. Nursing homes can be a great way for residents to make new friends in their old age. However, administrators or employees preventing residents from interacting with others is a type of nursing home negligence. This can occur if they unintentionally isolate vulnerable residents, neglect to provide canes, wheelchairs or walkers to residents who need assistance moving around or neglect to move residents with extreme mobility or mental limitations. If your loved one has been refused the social interaction that everyone needs and is entitled to, call Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT and our dedicated and sympathetic nursing home negligence attorneys will fight until you and your family receive a complete financial recovery. As your Nevada, MO nursing home negligence lawyer, we will use our knowledge and experience to investigate, construct and prove your case of social or emotional negligent.
Failure to Provide Basic Living Needs
Instances of that are failing to maintain the nursing home at a suitable temperature, not disinfecting the rooms or common areas regularly or not providing sufficient, nourishing or safe food and water. If a resident needs medicine it must be given at the appropriate time, each time, and in the correct dosage. Failure to properly give medication is an example of nursing home negligence. If a nursing home or its staff does not give your family member the medication and care they need, you need the expertise and experience of Burger Law’s Nevada, MO nursing home negligence lawyers to make sure the nursing home pays. Talk over your claim with us right away at (314) 500-HURT or fill out this form.
Negligent COVID-19 Protocols
If you have a loved one in a Nevada, MO nursing home who grew very sick or passed away because of COVID-19, you might be thinking about if it is a case of nursing home negligence. It is possible, and it is best to contact one of our Nevada, MO nursing home negligence attorneys right away at (314) 500-HURT to become aware of your options if your loved one’s nursing home and their staff disregarded the rules in regards to the COVID-19 pandemic.
While COVID-19 rules are a new part of life for many of us, nursing homes have been required to have protocols in place for halting the spread of infectious diseases for years. They have to comply with federal regulations which are:
- Isolate and quarantine infected residents from the other residents
- Implement an “Infection Control Program”“Infection Control Program”
- Not Allow sick employees from working
- Sanitize the residents’ rooms, common areas, tables, chairs and door handles frequently
- Provide adequate personal protective equipment such as masks and gloves in the event of an outbreak. Too often personal protective equipment is not worn or not changed between visits to other residents
When you hire a knowledgeable and seasoned Nevada, MO nursing home negligence attorney at Burger Law, we will reach out to your loved one’s nursing home immediately to acquire their records showing how they dealt with infected residents and staff. If we find they were careless, we will fight by your side and demand that you get the best possible compensation.
Nursing Home Negligence Attorney Nevada, MO: Nursing Home Abuse
While a good deal of mistreatment of individuals in nursing homes can be accredited to neglect, sometimes administrators or employees break the rules even further and cause deliberate harm. The nursing home abuse attorneys at Burger law will hold those bullies accountable for this reprehensible conduct and fight for you until you are awarded the maximum compensation you and your family member are entitled to to help you heal.
Examples of nursing home abuse are:
- Physical Abuse. If staff are knowingly causing physical harm, such as pushing, kicking, pulling or hitting, they are committing abuse. Get in touch with a Burger Law Nevada, MO nursing home attorney immediately.
- Emotional Abuse. This can include yelling, insulting or “toying” with a resident—particularly someone with dementia or a degenerative brain disease such as Alzheimer’s.
- Sexual Abuse. In 2017, CNN reported that over 1,000 nursing homes in the United States received citations for mismanaging accusations of sexual battery.
- Financial Exploitation. The elderly are at increased risk of becoming targets of theft and fraud. Abusive nursing home employees may steal your family member's checkbook or credit card or manipulate them into modifying their will or assigning an unknown power of attorney. There are also a great deal of scams and frauds that take advantage of nursing home residents, including someone calling your loved one, pretending to be you and then saying they need money. The Consumer Finance Protection Bureau has a comprehensive guide for nursing homes and how they can protect their residents from financial exploitation.
Common Signs and Symptoms of Nursing Home Negligence
If you have a loved one who stays in a nursing home in Nevada, MO, you might be nervous that they are not receiving the proper care they are entitled to. There are some warning signs that you can be on the lookout for to ensure your loved one is not experiencing nursing home neglect or nursing home abuse. If you see any of the warning signs listed and are worried your loved one is the victim of neglect, call your nursing home negligence attorney at (314) 500-HURT now.
- Bedsores or pressure ulcers
- Bruises, burns, welts, cuts, lacerations or fractures
- Dehydration or malnourishment
- Fatigue, insomnia or other sleep disorders
- Poor hygiene and poor dental hygiene
- Worsening existing conditions
- New or untreated medical conditions
- Significant personality changes such as irritability or suicidal thoughts or actions
- Complaining about the staff
- Unpaid bills when you know there should be enough funds in their account
As many Nevada, MO nursing home residents unfortunately face declining health as they get older, these symptoms are do not always imply nursing home neglect or nursing home abuse. However, if you see any potential symptoms it is essential to speak with your family member and ask them about the treatment they are getting. Get in touch with an experienced and sympathetic nursing home negligence attorney at Burger Law so we can help you verify if your loved one is getting the care they are entitled to or if the nursing home workers have been negligent. If anyone has broken the rules, your Burger Law negligence attorney will hold them accountable. As a leading Nevada, MO law firm, the attorneys of Burger Law welcome the difficult cases and do not let up until our clients get every dime they are owed.
What to do if a Loved One is Experiencing Nursing Home Negligence in Nevada, MO
Fortunately, there are many courses of action for finding help if a loved one is suffering from nursing home neglect or nursing home abuse in Nevada, MO. The accomplished and savvy nursing home negligence and abuse attorneys at Burger Law will help you during this difficult time and provide you and your family with heartfelt support, sound counsel and aggressive representation throughout the duration of your nursing home negligence case.
In Nevada, MO you can call the Adult Abuse and Neglect Hotline at tel:1-800-392-0210 or go to health.mo.gov to report suspected abuse. When you report abuse, you will be required to respond to the following questions to the best of your availability:
- The name and contact information of yourself, of the loved one you feel is experiencing neglect, of the suspected perpetrator and of anyone who may possess more information about the neglect
- The circumstances that made to believe that your family member was being abused, neglected or financially manipulated with as many specifics as possible
- Whether or not the person experiencing abuse is in immediate danger, when the best time to contact them is, if they know you are filing the report and if a social worker might be in danger if they go to the nursing home to investigate
- Your relationship to your loved one
- If you are willing to be contacted again
Disclose any other relevant information you think is pertinent to the case. When you feel or learn that your family member is being mistreated and hurt in the nursing home or other facility where they reside, you have to reach out to to a veteran and professional nursing home negligence attorney in the Nevada, MO area straight away. Our skillful nursing home legal team will stand by your side and fight to get a full recovery for you and your family. Permit us to start fighting for justice and maximum compensation for you today by calling us at (314) 500-HURT now.
The Nevada, MO lawyers of Burger Law have the experience and knowledge to help you receive the full recovery you deserve after any accident or injury caused by someone else leaves you injured. Learn more about our fields of expertise below.
- Truck Crash Lawyers in Missouri
- Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer in Missouri
- Car Accident Attorney in Missouri
Call a St. Louis and Missouri Nursing Home Negligence Attorney Today
While we can be thankful that there are organizations that track nursing home negligence and work to investigate complaints, it is also incredibly important that you reach out to a skilled and veteran Nevada, MO nursing home negligence lawyer straight away. As a nursing home negligence lawyer with Burger Law, we have seen every sort of nursing home abuse case. We are well-versed in the laws nursing home staff break that are meant to keep our loved ones safe and we understand how to hold negligent rule breakers accountable, letting you collect the compensation you are entitled to. We have exceptional trial and litigation abilities and will not stop fighting until you get the full compensation you deserve.
You do not owe us anything until we win your case. Call (314) 500-HURT or contact us online today to speak with a devoted Nevada, MO Nursing Home Negligence Attorney. Our nursing home negligence and abuse lawyers are standing by to answer your legal questions for free and remain dedicated to your family’s recovery from the instant you hire us until the day you get a full recovery for the damages you and your loved one have sustained. Call (314) 500-HURT to speak to your Nevada, MO nursing home negligence attorney now.