Nursing Home Negligence Attorney O'Fallon, MO
Nursing Home Negligence Attorney in O'Fallon, MO. Take the first step toward being compensated for the harm done to you or your loved one today; call our O'Fallon, MO nursing home negligence attorneys in O'Fallon, MO at or fill out this form now. A Burger Law nursing home negligence lawyer in O'Fallon, MO will begin working to get you the recovery you are entitled to immediately.
We trust in nursing homes to protect our family members when they are vulnerable. Sometimes they break that trust by allowing nursing home negligence or nursing home abuse to happen on their premises. When that happens, they need to atone for breaking the rules. The O'Fallon, MO nursing home negligence attorneys at Burger Law will ensure you and your loved one are awarded the full compensation you are entitled to to help protect your future and get you started on the path to recovery. Call us today at or contact us online so we can start working on your case at once. For more than twenty years, our O'Fallon, MO clients have put their compensation in our trustworthy hands and insurance companies have come to fear us because we are relentless in our demand for justice and your full compensation.
Your loved one might require special care such as daily medication or help moving around if they have poor mobility. We trust in nursing homes to afford them adequate care whatever their situation may be. Nursing home negligence and nursing home abuse can transpire either due to negligence on the part of the administration or as a result of the behavior or inaction of the nursing home staff. Some nursing homes do not perform sufficient background checks before hiring a worker, and some nursing homes do not have enough staff to provide adequate care. When nursing home employees are negligent and cause injury to your family member, you need a talented nursing home negligence attorney on your side to protect your loved one and help you recover.
Missouri Law obligates nursing home administrators and employees to report whenever they see or suspect nursing home abuse or negligence, and failing to do so is by itself an act of negligence. The compassionate and veteran nursing home negligence lawyers at Burger Law will hold O'Fallon, MO nursing homes and their workers accountable when they break the rules and abuse or neglect your family member. From constructing your case to documenting to demanding full compensation, your Burger Law nursing home negligence attorney in O'Fallon, MO has the skill required to help you win your case. If the negligent party will not pay the recovery you and your loved one are entitled to, we will fearlessly bring your fight to trial. We constantly work on our trial and litigation skills and will demand to juries that you receive the money you are entitled to.
Common Types of Nursing Home Negligence
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention define nursing home negligence as the “failure to meet an older adult’s basic needs. These needs include food, water, shelter, clothing, hygiene and essential medical care.” The knowledgeable O'Fallon, MO nursing home negligence lawyers at Burger Law have seen every kind of nursing home negligence case, and have the savvy and experience to get you the best possible recovery and help you and your loved one whole again.
Bedsores are also called pressure sores, decubitus ulcers, or pressure ulcers. In a 2004 study, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention found that 11 percent of nursing home residents suffered from bedsores. Bedsores happen in four stages, ordered by the depth of soft tissue damage.
- Stage 1: A persistent redness of the skin.
- Stage 2: A loss of partial thickness of skin appearing as an abrasion, blister or shallow crater.
- Stage 3: A loss of full thickness of skin, evidenced by a deep crater.
- Stage 4: A loss of full thickness of skin revealing muscle or bone. This stage can often lead to infection.
The most common stage is stage 2, and the most common place where nursing home residents experience bedsores is on their lower back, which are called sacral ulcers. Healing can last months or even years, depending on which stage the ulcer is in. If you see that a family member living in a nursing home is suffering from bed sores, contact a nursing home negligence attorney immediately at .
Bedsores occur when the blood supply is impeded to the area for over two or three hours, and are especially common in patients in wheelchairs or who are confined to beds. O'Fallon, MO nursing homes should look at their patients’ skin daily, keep their skin clean and dry and change any bandages every day. Not doing so is an example of nursing home negligence. Any red marks need to receive medical care right away. Any nursing home resident who cannot move well or is confined to a wheelchair or bed requires their position to be changed every two hours. If your family member has suffered from any stage of bedsore due to nursing home negligence, you need the skilled nursing home negligence attorneys at Burger Law to fight alongside you to make sure you collect the full recovery you and your family are owed.
Social or Emotional Neglect
We trust nursing homes with their resident's full well-being, and that encompasses. Like any human, the elderly need positive social interaction to flourish. Nursing homes can be a magnificent way for the elderly to make new friends in their golden years. However, administrators or employees not allowing residents from interacting with others is a type of nursing home negligence. This can transpire if they inadvertently isolate vulnerable residents, fail to provide canes, wheelchairs or walkers to residents who need assistance moving around or fail to move residents with extreme mobility or cognitive limitations. If your loved one has been refused the social interaction that everyone needs and deserves, call Burger Law today at and our committed and compassionate nursing home negligence attorneys will insist that you and your family are awarded a full financial recovery. As your O'Fallon, MO nursing home negligence lawyer, we will use our expertise and experience to investigate, build and prove your case of social or emotional neglect.
Failure to Provide Basic Living Needs
This can include forgetting to maintain the nursing home at a suitable temperature, not sanitizing the rooms or common areas regularly or not providing sufficient, nourishing or safe food and water. If a resident needs medication it must be administered at the appropriate time, every time, and in the correct dosage. Failure to properly provide medication is an example of nursing home negligence. If a nursing home or its workers do not give your loved one the medication and attention they need, you need the skill and experience of Burger Law’s O'Fallon, MO nursing home negligence lawyers to make sure the nursing home pays. Talk through your claim with us now at or fill out this form.
Negligent COVID-19 Protocols
If you have a family member in a O'Fallon, MO nursing home who grew very sick or passed away because of COVID-19, you might be wondering if it is a case of nursing home negligence. Sometimes it is, and it is best to call one of our O'Fallon, MO nursing home negligence attorneys straight away at to understand your options if your loved one’s nursing home and their employees disregarded the rules with respect to the COVID-19 pandemic.
While COVID-19 rules are new for much of the general population, nursing homes have had a obligation to have practices in place for putting an end to the spread of infectious diseases for years. They have to comply with federal laws such as:
- Isolate and quarantine infected patients from the other residents
- Have an “Infection Control Program”“Infection Control Program”
- Prohibit infected employees from working
- Clean the residents’ rooms, common areas, tables, chairs and door handles regularly
- Provide adequate personal protective equipment such as masks and gloves in the event of an outbreak. Too many times personal protective equipment is not worn or not changed between visits to other residents
When you hire a skilled and veteran O'Fallon, MO nursing home negligence attorney at Burger Law, we will reach out to your family member's nursing home at once to procure their records specifying how they handled infected residents and employees. If we discover they were negligent, we will stand by your side and demand that you get full compensation.
Nursing Home Negligence Attorney O'Fallon, MO: Nursing Home Abuse
While a good deal of mistreatment of nursing home residents can be assigned to neglect, sometimes administrators or workers break the rules to a greater extent and cause intentional harm. The nursing home abuse attorneys at Burger law will hold those bullies accountable for this repugnant conduct and fight for you until you receive the maximum recovery you and your family member are entitled to to help make you whole again.
Instances of nursing home abuse can include:
- Physical Abuse. If staff are purposefully causing physical harm, such as pushing, kicking, pulling or hitting, they are committing abuse. Contact a Burger Law O'Fallon, MO nursing home attorney immediately.
- Emotional Abuse. This can include yelling, taunting or “toying” with a resident—especially someone with dementia or a degenerative brain disease such as Alzheimer’s.
- Sexual Abuse. In 2017, CNN reported that over 1,000 nursing homes in the United States got citations for mismanaging accusations of sexual assault.
- Financial Exploitation. The elderly are at heightened risk of becoming victims of theft and scams. Abusive nursing home staff may steal your family member's checkbook or credit card or influence them into changing their will or assigning a strange power of attorney. There are also various scams and frauds that take advantage of the elderly, including someone calling your family member, pretending to be you and then asking for money. The Consumer Finance Protection Bureau has a comprehensive guide for nursing homes and how they can protect their residents from financial exploitation.
Common Signs and Symptoms of Nursing Home Negligence
If you have a loved one who lives in a nursing home in O'Fallon, MO, you might worry that they are not being provided the proper care they deserve. There are some warning signs that you can be on the lookout for to ensure your loved one is not experiencing nursing home neglect or nursing home abuse. If you detect any of the warning signs below and are worried your loved one is the victim of neglect, call your nursing home negligence attorney at now.
- Bedsores or pressure ulcers
- Bruises, burns, welts, cuts, lacerations or broken bones
- Dehydration or malnutrition
- Fatigue, insomnia or other sleep disorders
- Poor hygiene and poor dental hygiene
- Worsening existing conditions
- New or untreated medical conditions
- Significant personality changes such as irritability or suicidal thoughts or actions
- Complaining about the staff
- Unpaid bills when you know there should be adequate money in their account
As many O'Fallon, MO nursing home residents unfortunately face deteriorating health as they age, these warning signs are not always an indication of nursing home neglect or nursing home abuse. However, if you see any potential signs it is imperative to talk to your loved one and ask them about the attention they are getting. Call an experienced and sympathetic nursing home negligence attorney at Burger Law so we can help you decide if your loved one is getting the treatment they deserve or if the nursing home workers have been negligent. If anyone has disregarded the rules, your Burger Law negligence attorney will make them atone for their actions. As a leading O'Fallon, MO law firm, the attorneys of Burger Law fight the difficult cases and do not rest until our clients get every cent they are owed.
What to do if a Loved One is Experiencing Nursing Home Negligence in O'Fallon, MO
Fortunately, there are many courses of action for finding help if a family member is suffering from nursing home neglect or nursing home abuse in O'Fallon, MO. The seasoned and expert nursing home negligence and abuse attorneys at Burger Law will help you navigate this trying time and provide you and your family with compassionate support, sound advice and fierce representation throughout your entire nursing home negligence lawsuit.
In O'Fallon, MO you can call the Adult Abuse and Neglect Hotline at tel:1-800-392-0210 or go to health.mo.gov to report suspected abuse. When you report abuse, you will need to respond to the following questions to the best of your availability:
- The name and contact information of yourself, of the loved one you think is being abused, of the alleged perpetrator and of anybody who might possess more information about the negligence
- The conditions that caused you to believe that your family member was being abused, neglected or financially exploited with as many specific details as possible
- Whether or not the person experiencing abuse is in immediate danger, when the best time to contact them is, if they know you are making the report and if a social worker might be in danger if they go to the nursing home to investigate
- Your relationship to your loved one
- If you want to be contacted again
Communicate any other relevant information you think is pertinent to the case. When you feel or discover that your family member is being neglected and harmed in the nursing home or other facility where they reside, you have to contact to an experienced and qualified nursing home negligence attorney in the O'Fallon, MO area straight away. Our knowledgeable nursing home legal team will stand by your side and fight to get a full recovery for you and your family. Permit us to begin fighting for justice and the best possible compensation for you today by calling us at now.
The O'Fallon, MO lawyers of Burger Law have the experience and knowledge to help you receive the full recovery you deserve after any accident or injury caused by someone else leaves you injured. Learn more about our fields of expertise below.
- Survival Action Lawyer in Missouri
- Truck Crash Lawyers in Missouri
- Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer in Missouri
Call a St. Louis and Missouri Nursing Home Negligence Attorney Today
While it is a wonderful thing that there are organizations that monitor nursing home negligence and work to investigate complaints, it is also incredibly important that you call a knowledgeable and seasoned O'Fallon, MO nursing home negligence lawyer immediately. As a nursing home negligence lawyer with Burger Law, we have seen every variety of nursing home abuse case. We are well-versed in the laws nursing home staff break that are designed to keep our loved ones safe and we know how to hold thoughtless rule breakers responsible, allowing you to receive the compensation you are owed. We have exceptional trial and litigation skills and will not stop fighting until you get the maximum compensation you deserve.
We do not charge any fees until we win your case. Call or contact us online today to speak with a dedicated O'Fallon, MO Nursing Home Negligence Attorney. Our nursing home negligence and abuse lawyers are standing by to answer your legal questions for free and remain dedicated to your family’s recovery from the second you hire us until the day you are awarded a full recovery for the damages you and your loved one have experienced. Call to speak to your O'Fallon, MO nursing home negligence attorney now.