Get justice for your loved one today
Nursing Home Negligence Attorney Pacific, MO
Nursing Home Negligence Attorney in Pacific, MO. Take action toward getting justice for you and your loved one today; call our Pacific, MO nursing home negligence attorneys in Pacific, MO at (314) 500-HURT or fill out this form now. A Burger Law nursing home negligence lawyer in Pacific, MO will begin working to get you the compensation you deserve right away.
We trust in nursing homes to care for our loved ones when they are vulnerable. Occasionally they break that trust by committing nursing home negligence or nursing home abuse. When that happens, they need to atone for breaking the rules. The Pacific, MO nursing home negligence attorneys at Burger Law will ensure you and your loved one are awarded the best possible compensation you are entitled to to help protect your future and get you started on the road to recovery. Call us today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online so we can start working on your case now. For more than twenty years, our Pacific, MO clients have put their compensation in our trustworthy hands and insurance companies know to fear us because we are relentless in our demand for justice and your full compensation.
Your family member may require special care such as daily medication or help moving around if they have poor mobility. You expect nursing homes to afford them proper care whatever their situation may be. Nursing home negligence and nursing home abuse can happen either as a result of negligence on the part of the administration or owing to the actions or inaction of the nursing home workers. Some nursing homes do not conduct sufficient background checks before hiring a worker, and some nursing homes are too understaffed to provide adequate care. When nursing home workers are negligent and cause harm to your family member, you need a veteran nursing home negligence attorney in your corner to protect your loved one and help you recover.
Missouri Law requires nursing home administrators and staff to report whenever they see or suspect nursing home abuse or negligence, and neglecting to do so is by itself a type of negligence. The empathetic and experienced nursing home negligence lawyers at Burger Law will hold Pacific, MO nursing homes and their staff responsible when they break the rules and abuse or neglect your loved one. From building your case to negotiating to demanding full compensation, your Burger Law nursing home negligence attorney in Pacific, MO has the knowledge required to help you win your case. If the negligent party refuses to pay the compensation you and your loved one deserve, we will not hesitate to argue your case in front of a judge and jury. We constantly sharpen our trial and litigation skills and will demand to juries that you get the money you are owed.
Common Types of Nursing Home Negligence
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention define nursing home negligence as the “failure to meet an older adult’s basic needs. These needs include food, water, shelter, clothing, hygiene and essential medical care.” The accomplished Pacific, MO nursing home negligence lawyers at Burger Law have seen every kind of nursing home negligence case, and have the savvy and experience to get you the best possible recovery and help you and your loved one whole again.
Bedsores can also be called pressure sores, decubitus ulcers, or pressure ulcers. In a 2004 study, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention found that 11 percent of nursing home residents suffered from bedsores. Bedsores occur in four stages, determined by the depth of soft tissue damage.
- Stage 1: A continuing redness of the skin.
- Stage 2: A loss of partial thickness of skin appearing as an abrasion, blister or shallow crater.
- Stage 3: A loss of full thickness of skin, appearing as a deep crater.
- Stage 4: A loss of full thickness of skin revealing muscle or bone. This stage can often lead to infection.
The majority bedsores in nursing homes are stage 2 bedsores on residents' lower backs, which are called sacral ulcers. Recovery can last months or even years, based on which stage the ulcer is in. If you see that a family member residing in a nursing home is suffering from bed sores, speak to a nursing home negligence attorney immediately at (314) 500-HURT.
Bedsores occur when the blood supply is restricted to a part of the skin for more than two or three hours, and are extremely common in patients who are immobile and largely confined to a wheelchair or bed. Pacific, MO nursing homes should examine their patients’ skin every day, keep their skin clean and dry and change any bandages daily. Not doing so constitutes nursing home negligence. Any red spots need to receive medical treatment at once. Any nursing home resident who is immobile or limited to a wheelchair or bed should have their position changed every two hours. If your loved one has experienced any stage of bedsore due to nursing home negligence, you need the talented nursing home negligence attorneys at Burger Law to fight for you to make sure you get the full compensation you and your loved one are owed.
Social or Emotional Neglect
We trust nursing homes with the entirety of their Pacific, MO residents’ well-being, and that encompasses. Like all humans, the elderly need a positive social life to thrive. Nursing homes can be a wonderful way for residents to make new friends in their old age. However, administrators or employees preventing residents from interacting with others is a kind of nursing home negligence. This can happen if they inadvertently leave vulnerable residents by themselves, do not provide canes, wheelchairs or walkers to residents who need assistance moving around or forget to move residents with extreme mobility or mental limitations. If your loved one has not gotten the social interaction that everyone needs and is entitled to, call Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT and our committed and sympathetic nursing home negligence attorneys will fight until you and your family collect a complete financial recovery. As your Pacific, MO nursing home negligence lawyer, we will utilize our knowledge and experience to investigate, build and prove your case of social or emotional negligent.
Failure to Provide Basic Living Needs
This can include forgetting to keep the nursing home at a suitable temperature, not cleaning the rooms or common areas regularly or not providing sufficient, nourishing or safe food and water. If a resident requires medication it must be given at the scheduled time, every time, and in the proper dosage. Failure to properly give medication is an example of nursing home negligence. If a nursing home or its workers do not give your family member the medicine and attention they need, you need the skill and experience of Burger Law’s Pacific, MO nursing home negligence lawyers to make sure the nursing home pays. Talk through your claim with us now at (314) 500-HURT or fill out this form.
Negligent COVID-19 Protocols
If you have a loved one in a Pacific, MO nursing home who grew very sick or passed away because of COVID-19, you might be wondering if that is an instance of nursing home negligence. Sometimes it is, and it is a good idea to contact one of our Pacific, MO nursing home negligence attorneys immediately at (314) 500-HURT to understand your options if your loved one’s nursing home and their staff broke the rules concerning the COVID-19 pandemic.
While COVID-19 guidelines are new for much of the general population, nursing homes have had a duty to have practices in place for putting an end to the spread of infectious diseases for years. They have to comply with federal laws which include:
- Isolate and quarantine infected individuals from the other residents
- Implement an “Infection Control Program”“Infection Control Program”
- Prevent sick staff from coming to work
- Disinfect the residents’ rooms, common areas, tables, chairs and door handles frequently
- Provide adequate personal protective equipment such as masks and gloves in the event of an outbreak. Too often personal protective equipment is not worn or not changed between visits to other residents
When you hire a talented and seasoned Pacific, MO nursing home negligence attorney at Burger Law, we will call your loved one’s nursing home immediately to acquire their records explaining how they managed sick residents and staff. If we find they were careless, we will fight by your side and demand that you get full compensation.
Nursing Home Negligence Attorney Pacific, MO: Nursing Home Abuse
While a good deal of mistreatment of people in nursing homes can be attributed to negligence, sometimes administrators or workers break the rules to a greater extent and cause non-accidental harm. The nursing home abuse attorneys at Burger law will hold those bullies responsible for this detestable conduct and fight by your side until you collect the best possible compensation you and your family member deserve to help make you whole again.
Instances of nursing home abuse are:
- Physical Abuse. If staff are knowingly causing physical harm, such as pushing, kicking, pulling or hitting, they are committing abuse. Contact a Burger Law Pacific, MO nursing home attorney immediately.
- Emotional Abuse. This can include yelling, taunting or “toying” with a resident—particularly someone with dementia or a degenerative brain disease such as Alzheimer’s.
- Sexual Abuse. In 2017, CNN reported that over 1,000 nursing homes in the United States received citations for poorly handling accusations of sexual assault.
- Financial Exploitation. The elderly are at increased risk of becoming targets of theft and fraud. Abusive nursing home employees might steal your loved one's checkbook or credit card or influence them into amending their will or assigning a mysterious power of attorney. There are also a lot of scams and frauds that exploit nursing home residents, including someone calling your family member, pretending to be you and then asking for money. The Consumer Finance Protection Bureau has a comprehensive guide for nursing homes and how they can protect their residents from financial exploitation.
Common Signs and Symptoms of Nursing Home Negligence
If you have a loved one who resides in a nursing home in Pacific, MO, you might be anxious that they are not receiving the attentive care they deserve. There are several warning signs that you can be aware of to make certain your loved one is not suffering from nursing home neglect or nursing home abuse. If you detect any of the warning signs below and suspect your loved one is the victim of neglect, call your nursing home negligence attorney at (314) 500-HURT now.
- Bedsores or pressure ulcers
- Bruises, burns, welts, cuts, lacerations or broken bones
- Dehydration or malnutrition
- Fatigue, insomnia or other sleep disorders
- Poor hygiene and poor dental hygiene
- Worsening existing conditions
- New or untreated medical conditions
- Significant personality changes such as irritability or suicidal thoughts or actions
- Complaining about the staff
- Unpaid bills when you know there should be sufficient money in their account
As many Pacific, MO nursing home residents unfortunately face declining health as they age, these symptoms are do not always signal nursing home neglect or nursing home abuse. However, if you see any potential signs it is important to speak with your family member and ask them about the attention they are getting. Call an accomplished and compassionate nursing home negligence attorney at Burger Law so we can help you determine if your loved one is receiving the attention they are entitled to or if the nursing home staff has been negligent. If anyone has broken the rules, your Burger Law negligence attorney will hold them accountable. As a leading Pacific, MO law firm, the attorneys of Burger Law fight the hard cases and do not rest until our clients get every penny they are owed.
What to do if a Loved One is Experiencing Nursing Home Negligence in Pacific, MO
Fortunately, there are several courses of action for finding relief if a family member is suffering from nursing home neglect or nursing home abuse in Pacific, MO. The veteran and expert nursing home negligence and abuse attorneys at Burger Law will help you navigate this trying time and provide you and your loved one with heartfelt support, sound guidance and tenacious representation throughout the process of your nursing home negligence claim.
In Pacific, MO you can call the Adult Abuse and Neglect Hotline at tel:1-800-392-0210 or go to health.mo.gov to report suspected abuse. When you report abuse, you will need to respond to the following questions as best you can:
- The personal and contact information of yourself, of the loved one you suspect is being neglected, of the alleged perpetrator and of anyone who could have more information about the abuse
- The situation that made to believe that your family member was being abused, neglected or financially exploited with as many specific details as possible
- Whether or not the person being neglected is in urgent danger, when the best time to contact them is, if they know you are filing the report and if a social worker might be in danger if they go to the nursing home to investigate
- Your relationship to your loved one
- If you are willing to be contacted again
Relay any other relevant information you think is pertinent to the report. When you feel or learn that your loved one is being mistreated and injured in the nursing home or other facility where they stay, you must contact to a seasoned and professional nursing home negligence attorney in the Pacific, MO area at once. Our expert nursing home legal team will stand by your side and fight to get a great recovery for you and your family. Allow us to begin fighting for justice and maximum compensation for you today by calling us at (314) 500-HURT now.
The Pacific, MO lawyers of Burger Law have the experience and knowledge to help you receive the full recovery you deserve after any accident or injury caused by someone else leaves you injured. Learn more about our fields of expertise below.
- Truck Crash Lawyers in Missouri
- Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer in Missouri
- Car Accident Attorney in Missouri
Call a St. Louis and Missouri Nursing Home Negligence Attorney Today
While we can be thankful that there are organizations that track nursing home negligence and work to investigate complaints, it is also vitally important that you reach out to a knowledgeable and experienced Pacific, MO nursing home negligence lawyer right away. As a nursing home negligence lawyer with Burger Law, we have experience with every category of nursing home abuse case. We are well-versed in the laws nursing home staff break that are meant to keep our families safe and we know how to hold negligent rule breakers accountable, allowing you to be awarded the compensation you deserve. We have exceptional trial and litigation abilities and will not cease fighting until you get the best possible compensation you deserve.
You do not owe us anything until we win your case. Call (314) 500-HURT or contact us online at once to speak with a committed Pacific, MO Nursing Home Negligence Attorney. Our nursing home negligence and abuse lawyers are standing by to answer your legal questions for free and remain dedicated to your family’s recovery from the moment you hire us until the day you are fully compensated for the damages you and your loved one have sustained. Call (314) 500-HURT to speak to your Pacific, MO nursing home negligence attorney now.