Nursing Home Negligence Attorney Phelps County, MO
Nursing Home Negligence Attorney in Phelps County, MO. Take action toward getting justice for you and your loved one today; call our Phelps County, MO nursing home negligence attorneys in Phelps County, MO at or fill out this form now. A Burger Law nursing home negligence lawyer in Phelps County, MO will begin working to get you the recovery you are entitled to straight away.
We trust in nursing homes to care for our loved ones when they are vulnerable. Sometimes they shrug off that trust by allowing nursing home negligence or nursing home abuse to take place on their premises. When that happens, they need to pay for breaking the rules. The Phelps County, MO nursing home negligence attorneys at Burger Law will make sure you and your family member receive the maximum recovery you are owed to help safeguard your future and help you feel whole again. Call us today at or contact us online so we can start working on your case at once. For more than twenty years, our Phelps County, MO clients have put their compensation in our trustworthy hands and insurance companies have come to fear us because we are relentless in our demand for justice and your full compensation.
Your family member might need special care such as daily medication or help moving around if they have poor mobility. We trust in nursing homes to offer them appropriate care whatever their situation may be. Nursing home negligence and nursing home abuse can transpire either owing to administrative negligence or due to the behavior or inaction of the nursing home workers. Some nursing homes do not perform adequate background checks before hiring an employee, and some nursing homes are too short-staffed to provide proper care. When nursing home employees are negligent and cause injury to your family member, you need a accomplished nursing home negligence attorney on your side to protect your loved one and help you heal.
Missouri Law obligates nursing home administrators and staff to report any signs of nursing home abuse or nursing home neglect, and not doing so is by itself an act of negligence. The compassionate and seasoned nursing home negligence lawyers at Burger Law will hold Phelps County, MO nursing homes and their employees responsible when they do not respect the rules and abuse or neglect your family member. From constructing your case to negotiating to demanding full compensation, your Burger Law nursing home negligence attorney in Phelps County, MO has the skill required to help you win your case. If the negligent party will not pay the compensation you and your loved one deserve, we are not afraid to argue your case in front of a judge and jury. We constantly sharpen our trial and litigation skills and will insist to juries that you recover the money you are owed.
Common Types of Nursing Home Negligence
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention define nursing home negligence as the “failure to meet an older adult’s basic needs. These needs include food, water, shelter, clothing, hygiene and essential medical care.” The expert Phelps County, MO nursing home negligence lawyers at Burger Law have seen every category of nursing home negligence case, and have the skill and experience to maximize your compensation and help you and your loved one whole again.
Bedsores are also referred to as pressure sores, decubitus ulcers, or pressure ulcers. In a 2004 study, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention found that 11 percent of nursing home residents experienced bedsores. Bedsores happen in four stages, ordered by the depth of soft tissue damage.
- Stage 1: A consistent redness of the skin.
- Stage 2: A loss of partial thickness of skin appearing as an abrasion, blister or shallow crater.
- Stage 3: A loss of full thickness of skin, presented as a deep crater.
- Stage 4: A loss of full thickness of skin revealing muscle or bone. This stage can often lead to infection.
The majority bedsores in nursing homes are stage 2 bedsores on residents' lower backs, which are called sacral ulcers. Recovery can last months or even years, based on which stage the ulcer is in. If you see that a family member residing in a nursing home is experiencing bed sores, speak to a nursing home negligence attorney immediately at .
Bedsores occur when the blood supply is impeded to the area in excess of two or three hours, and are especially common in people who are immobile and largely confined to a wheelchair or bed. Phelps County, MO nursing homes should examine their patients’ skin every day, keep their skin clean and dry and change any bandages daily. Not doing so represents nursing home negligence. Any red marks need to receive medical care straight away. Any nursing home resident who cannot move well or is confined to a wheelchair or bed requires their position to be changed every two hours. If your loved one has experienced any stage of bedsore due to nursing home negligence, you need the skilled nursing home negligence attorneys at Burger Law to fight by your side to make sure you get the full compensation you and your family are entitled to.
Social or Emotional Neglect
Nursing homes are accountable for the entirety of their Phelps County, MO residents’ well-being, including their social and emotional health. Like all humans, the elderly need a positive social life to flourish. Nursing homes can be a great way for residents to meet new people in their golden years. However, administrators or employees not allowing residents from interacting with others is a kind of nursing home negligence. This can happen if they accidentally isolate vulnerable residents, do not provide canes, wheelchairs or walkers to residents who need assistance moving around or neglect to move residents with severe mobility or cognitive limitations. If your loved one has not received the social interaction that everyone needs and deserves, call Burger Law today at and our dedicated and empathetic nursing home negligence attorneys will fight until you and your family are awarded a complete financial recovery. As your Phelps County, MO nursing home negligence lawyer, we will utilize our savvy and experience to investigate, establish and prove your claim of social or emotional neglect.
Failure to Provide Basic Living Needs
This can include neglecting to keep the nursing home at a suitable temperature, not washing the rooms or common areas frequently or not providing adequate, healthy or safe food and water. If a resident needs medicine it must be administered at the appropriate time, every time, and in the proper dosage. Failure to properly provide medication is a kind of nursing home negligence. If a nursing home or its staff does not give your family member the medication and care they need, you need the skill and experience of Burger Law’s Phelps County, MO nursing home negligence lawyers to make sure the nursing home pays. Talk over your claim with us now at or fill out this form.
Negligent COVID-19 Protocols
If you have a family member in a Phelps County, MO nursing home who became very ill or died because of COVID-19, you might be thinking about if this is an example of nursing home negligence. Sometimes it is, and it is best to get in touch with one of our Phelps County, MO nursing home negligence attorneys straight away at to become aware of your options if your family member's nursing home and their employees disregarded the rules with respect to the COVID-19 pandemic.
While COVID-19 rules are a new part of life for many of us, nursing homes have been required to have practices in place for stopping the spread of infectious diseases for a long time. They have to comply with federal regulations which are:
- Isolate and quarantine infected patients from the other residents
- Institute an “Infection Control Program”“Infection Control Program”
- Not Allow infected workers from coming to the premises
- Disinfect the residents’ rooms, common areas, tables, chairs and door handles routinely
- Provide proper personal protective equipment such as masks and gloves if an outbreak happens. Too many times personal protective equipment is not worn or not switched out between visits to other residents
When you hire a expert and accomplished Phelps County, MO nursing home negligence attorney at Burger Law, we will reach out to your loved one’s nursing home immediately to procure their records detailing how they dealt with infected residents and staff. If we discover they were careless, we will stand by your side and insist that you get full compensation.
Nursing Home Negligence Attorney Phelps County, MO: Nursing Home Abuse
While a great deal of mistreatment of people in nursing homes can be accredited to negligence, sometimes administrators or staff break the rules to a greater extent and cause intentional harm. The nursing home abuse attorneys at Burger law will make those bullies pay for this villainous behavior and fight for you until you get the maximum recovery you and your loved one are entitled to to help make you whole again.
Cases of nursing home abuse are:
- Physical Abuse. If staff are purposefully causing physical harm, such as pushing, kicking, pulling or hitting, they are committing abuse. Call a Burger Law Phelps County, MO nursing home attorney immediately.
- Emotional Abuse. This can include yelling, insulting or “toying” with a resident—especially someone with dementia or a degenerative brain disease such as Alzheimer’s.
- Sexual Abuse. In 2017, CNN reported that over 1,000 nursing homes in the United States got citations for poorly handling accusations of sexual battery.
- Financial Exploitation. The elderly are at increased risk of becoming victims of theft and scams. Abusive nursing home employees may steal your grandmother’s checkbook or credit card or exploit them into altering their will or assigning a mysterious power of attorney. There are also a great deal of scams and frauds that exploit the elderly, including someone calling your family member, pretending to be you and then asking for money. The Consumer Finance Protection Bureau has a comprehensive guide for nursing homes and how they can protect your family from financial manipulation.
Common Signs and Symptoms of Nursing Home Negligence
If you have a loved one who resides in a nursing home in Phelps County, MO, you might feel apprehensive that they are not getting the attentive care they are entitled to. There are some warning signs that you can be aware of to make certain your loved one is not experiencing nursing home neglect or nursing home abuse. If you notice any of the warning signs listed and are worried your loved one is the victim of neglect, call your nursing home negligence attorney at now.
- Bedsores or pressure ulcers
- Bruises, burns, welts, cuts, lacerations or broken bones
- Dehydration or malnourishment
- Fatigue, insomnia or other sleep disorders
- Poor hygiene and poor dental hygiene
- Worsening existing conditions
- New or untreated medical conditions
- Significant personality changes such as irritability or suicidal thoughts or actions
- Complaining about the staff
- Unpaid bills when you know there should be adequate funds in their account
As many Phelps County, MO nursing home residents unfortunately face degenerating health as they get older, these warning signs are not always a sign of nursing home neglect or nursing home abuse. However, if you see any potential indications it is imperative to talk to your loved one and ask them about the treatment they are getting. Get in touch with an experienced and empathetic nursing home negligence attorney at Burger Law so we can help you judge if your loved one is receiving the care they deserve or if the nursing home workers have been negligent. If anyone has broken the rules, your Burger Law negligence attorney will hold them accountable. As a leading Phelps County, MO law firm, the attorneys of Burger Law take on the tough cases and do not rest until our clients get every dollar they are owed.
What to do if a Loved One is Experiencing Nursing Home Negligence in Phelps County, MO
Fortunately, there are many outlets for finding assistance if a loved one is experiencing nursing home neglect or nursing home abuse in Phelps County, MO. The seasoned and talented nursing home negligence and abuse attorneys at Burger Law will help you during this trying time and provide you and your loved one with sincere support, sound direction and aggressive representation throughout the process of your nursing home negligence case.
In Phelps County, MO you can call the Adult Abuse and Neglect Hotline at tel:1-800-392-0210 or visit health.mo.gov to report suspected abuse. When you report abuse, you will have to respond to the following questions to the best of your availability:
- The personal and contact information of yourself, of the loved one you suspect is suffering from neglect, of the suspected abuser and of anybody who may have more information about the neglect
- The circumstances that led you to believe that your loved one was being abused, neglected or financially manipulated with as many specific details as possible
- Whether or not the person being neglected is in urgent danger, when the best time to contact them is, if they know you are making the report and if a social worker might be in danger if they visit the nursing home to investigate
- Your relationship to your loved one
- If you want to be contacted again
Communicate any other relevant information you think is pertinent to the report. When you suspect or discover that your loved one is being abused and injured in the nursing home or other facility where they live, you need to call to a seasoned and qualified nursing home negligence attorney in the Phelps County, MO area immediately. Our talented nursing home legal team will stand by your side and fight to collect a full recovery for you and your family. Permit us to start fighting for justice and the best possible compensation for you today by calling us at now.
The Phelps County, MO lawyers of Burger Law have the experience and knowledge to help you receive the full recovery you deserve after any accident or injury caused by someone else leaves you injured. Learn more about our fields of expertise below.
- Survival Action Lawyer in Missouri
- Truck Crash Lawyers in Missouri
- Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer in Missouri
Call a St. Louis and Missouri Nursing Home Negligence Attorney Today
While we can be grateful that there are organizations that monitor nursing home negligence and work to investigate accusations, it is also vitally important that you contact a savvy and veteran Phelps County, MO nursing home negligence lawyer at once. As a nursing home negligence lawyer with Burger Law, we have seen every variety of nursing home abuse case. We are well-versed in the laws nursing home workers break that are intended to keep our loved ones safe and we understand how to hold thoughtless rule breakers responsible, letting you get the compensation you are owed. We have exceptional trial and litigation skills and will not rest until you get the full compensation you deserve.
We do not charge any fees until we win your case. Call or contact us online today to talk to a dedicated Phelps County, MO Nursing Home Negligence Attorney. Our nursing home negligence and abuse lawyers are here to answer your legal questions for free and remain committed to your family’s recovery from the instant you hire us until the day you are fully compensated for the damages you and your loved one have experienced. Call to speak to your Phelps County, MO nursing home negligence attorney now.