Nursing Home Negligence Attorney St. Charles, MO
Nursing Home Negligence Attorney in St. Charles, MO. Take the first step toward getting justice for you and your loved one today; call our St. Charles, MO nursing home negligence attorneys in St. Charles, MO at or fill out this form now. A Burger Law nursing home negligence lawyer in St. Charles, MO will start working to get you the compensation you are entitled to straight away.
We trust nursing homes to protect our family members when they are vulnerable. Occasionally they break that trust by committing nursing home negligence or nursing home abuse. When that happens, they need to pay for breaking the rules. The St. Charles, MO nursing home negligence attorneys at Burger Law will ensure you and your family member are awarded the full recovery you deserve to help safeguard your future and get you started on the road to recovery. Call us today at or contact us online so we can start working on your case immediately. For more than twenty years, our St. Charles, MO clients have trusted us with their recoveries and insurance companies know to fear us because we are relentless in our demand for justice and your full compensation.
Your family member might necessitate special care such as daily medication or help moving around if they have poor mobility. You expect nursing homes to afford them sufficient care whatever their situation may be. Nursing home negligence and nursing home abuse can transpire either due to negligence on the part of the administration or owing to the behavior or inaction of the nursing home staff. Some nursing homes do not perform adequate background checks before hiring an employee, and some nursing homes do not have enough staff to provide proper care. When nursing home workers are negligent and cause harm to your loved one, you need a skilled nursing home negligence attorney in your corner to protect your loved one and help you recover.
Missouri Law requires nursing home administrators and employees to report whenever they see or suspect nursing home abuse or negligence, and not doing so is in itself an act of negligence. The empathetic and veteran nursing home negligence lawyers at Burger Law will hold St. Charles, MO nursing homes and their staff responsible when they disregard the rules and abuse or neglect your family member. From establishing your case to negotiating to insisting on full compensation, your Burger Law nursing home negligence attorney in St. Charles, MO has the knowledge required to help you win your case. If the negligent party will not pay the compensation you and your family deserve, we will not hesitate to bring your fight to trial. We continually work on our trial and litigation skills and will demand to juries that you collect the compensation you are entitled to.
Common Types of Nursing Home Negligence
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention define nursing home negligence as the “failure to meet an older adult’s basic needs. These needs include food, water, shelter, clothing, hygiene and essential medical care.” The accomplished St. Charles, MO nursing home negligence lawyers at Burger Law have fought every variety of nursing home negligence case, and have the skill and experience to maximize your recovery and help put your mind at ease.
Bedsores are also called pressure sores, decubitus ulcers, or pressure ulcers. In a 2004 study, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention found that 11 percent of nursing home residents experienced bedsores. Bedsores happen in four stages, classified by the depth of soft tissue damage.
- Stage 1: A persistent redness of the skin.
- Stage 2: A loss of partial thickness of skin appearing as an abrasion, blister or shallow crater.
- Stage 3: A loss of full thickness of skin, evidenced by a deep crater.
- Stage 4: A loss of full thickness of skin uncovering muscle or bone. This stage can often lead to infection.
The most common stage is stage 2, and the most common place where nursing home residents experience bedsores is on their lower back, which are called sacral ulcers. Healing can last months or even years, depending on which stage the ulcer is in. If you notice that a loved one residing in a nursing home is experiencing bed sores, speak to a nursing home negligence attorney immediately at .
Bedsores occur when the blood supply is obstructed to the area for over two or three hours, and are especially common in people who are immobile and largely confined to a wheelchair or bed. St. Charles, MO nursing homes should examine their patients’ skin on a daily basis, keep their skin clean and dry and change any bandages every day. Neglecting to do so constitutes nursing home negligence. Any red spots need to receive medical attention right away. Any nursing home resident who cannot move well or is limited to a wheelchair or bed should have their position changed every two hours. If your loved one has experienced any stage of bedsore because of nursing home negligence, you need the accomplished nursing home negligence attorneys at Burger Law to fight for you to make sure you collect the best possible recovery you and your family are owed.
Social or Emotional Neglect
We trust nursing homes with the entirety of their St. Charles, MO residents’ well-being, including their social and emotional health. Like all humans, the elderly need positive social interaction to flourish. Nursing homes can be a magnificent way for residents to meet new people in their golden years. However, administrators or employees preventing residents from interacting with others is a kind of nursing home negligence. This can occur if they unintentionally leave vulnerable residents alone, fail to provide canes, wheelchairs or walkers to residents who need assistance moving around or forget to move residents with extreme mobility or mental limitations. If your family member has been refused the social interaction that every human needs and deserves, call Burger Law today at and our devoted and sympathetic nursing home negligence attorneys will demand that you and your family receive a complete financial recovery. As your St. Charles, MO nursing home negligence lawyer, we will utilize our expertise and experience to investigate, establish and prove your claim of social or emotional neglect.
Failure to Provide Basic Living Needs
This can mean forgetting to maintain the nursing home at a proper temperature, not disinfecting the rooms or common areas regularly or not providing adequate, nutritious or safe food and water. If a resident requires medicine it must be provided at the appropriate time, every time, and in the right dosage. Failure to properly provide medication is a form of nursing home negligence. If a nursing home or its staff does not give your loved one the medication and care they need, you need the expertise and experience of Burger Law’s St. Charles, MO nursing home negligence lawyers to hold the nursing home accountable. Discuss your case with us immediately at or fill out this form.
Negligent COVID-19 Protocols
If you have a family member in a St. Charles, MO nursing home who grew very ill or passed away because of COVID-19, you may be thinking about if it is a case of nursing home negligence. It can be, and it is a good idea to call one of our St. Charles, MO nursing home negligence attorneys at once at to understand your options if your family member's nursing home and their employees did not respect the rules with respect to the COVID-19 pandemic.
While COVID-19 protocols are a new part of life for many of us, nursing homes have been required to have guidelines in place for halting the spread of infectious diseases for years. They have to comply with federal regulations which are:
- Isolate and quarantine infected residents from the other residents
- Enact an “Infection Control Program”“Infection Control Program”
- Not Allow sick workers from coming to the premises
- Sanitize the residents’ rooms, common areas, tables, chairs and door handles frequently
- Provide proper personal protective equipment such as masks and gloves if an outbreak happens. Too often personal protective equipment is not worn or not switched out between visits to other residents
When you hire a expert and experienced St. Charles, MO nursing home negligence attorney at Burger Law, we will reach out to your family member's nursing home right away to obtain their records demonstrating how they managed sick residents and staff. If we discover they were negligent, we will fight by your side and insist that you get the best possible compensation.
Nursing Home Negligence Attorney St. Charles, MO: Nursing Home Abuse
While a good deal of mistreatment of nursing home residents can be accredited to negligence, sometimes administrators or workers break the rules to a greater extent and cause intentional harm. The nursing home abuse attorneys at Burger law will hold those bullies responsible for this villainous behavior and fight by your side until you get the maximum recovery you and your family member are entitled to to help you heal.
Cases of nursing home abuse are:
- Physical Abuse. If staff are intentionally causing physical harm, such as pushing, kicking, pulling or hitting, they are committing abuse. Get in touch with a Burger Law St. Charles, MO nursing home attorney immediately.
- Emotional Abuse. This can include yelling, insulting or “toying” with a resident—especially someone with dementia or a degenerative brain disease such as Alzheimer’s.
- Sexual Abuse. In 2017, CNN reported that over 1,000 nursing homes in the United States got citations for poorly handling accusations of sexual battery.
- Financial Exploitation. The elderly are at increased risk of becoming victims of theft and scams. Criminal nursing home workers could steal your grandmother’s checkbook or credit card or exploit them into changing their will or assigning a strange power of attorney. There are also many scams and frauds that exploit nursing home residents, including someone calling your loved one, pretending to be you and then saying they need money. The Consumer Finance Protection Bureau has a comprehensive guide for nursing homes and how they can protect your loved one from financial exploitation.
Common Signs and Symptoms of Nursing Home Negligence
If you have a loved one who lives in a nursing home in St. Charles, MO, you might fear that they are not receiving the attentive care they deserve. There are certain warning signs that you can be aware of to make sure your loved one is not suffering from nursing home neglect or nursing home abuse. If you see any of the warning signs listed and believe your loved one is the victim of neglect, call your nursing home negligence attorney at now.
- Bedsores or pressure ulcers
- Bruises, burns, welts, cuts, lacerations or broken bones
- Dehydration or malnutrition
- Fatigue, insomnia or other sleep disorders
- Poor hygiene and poor dental hygiene
- Worsening existing conditions
- New or untreated medical conditions
- Significant personality changes such as irritability or suicidal thoughts or actions
- Complaining about the staff
- Unpaid bills when you know there should be sufficient funds in their account
As many St. Charles, MO nursing home residents unfortunately face degenerating health as they age, these symptoms are not always a sign of nursing home neglect or nursing home abuse. However, if you see any potential signs it is imperative to speak with your loved one and ask them about the attention they are getting. Contact a veteran and empathetic nursing home negligence attorney at Burger Law so we can help you judge if your loved one is getting the care they deserve or if the nursing home staff has been negligent. If anyone has broken the rules, your Burger Law negligence attorney will hold them responsible. As a leading St. Charles, MO law firm, the attorneys of Burger Law fight the tough cases and work tirelessly until our clients get every dollar they are owed.
What to do if a Loved One is Experiencing Nursing Home Negligence in St. Charles, MO
Fortunately, there are many outlets for finding relief if a loved one is suffering from nursing home neglect or nursing home abuse in St. Charles, MO. The accomplished and expert nursing home negligence and abuse attorneys at Burger Law will help you navigate this difficult time and provide you and your family with wholehearted support, sound counsel and aggressive representation throughout the process of your nursing home negligence case.
In St. Charles, MO you can call the Adult Abuse and Neglect Hotline at tel:1-800-392-0210 or go to health.mo.gov to report suspected abuse. When you report abuse, you will need to answer the questions listed below to the best of your availability:
- The name and contact information of yourself, of the loved one you believe is suffering from abuse, of the alleged perpetrator and of anyone who might have more information about the abuse
- The circumstances that caused you to believe that your family member was being abused, neglected or financially exploited with as many particulars as possible
- Whether or not the person experiencing neglect is in immediate danger, when the best time to contact them is, if they are aware of the report and if a social worker might be in danger if they go to the nursing home to investigate
- Your relationship to your loved one
- If you are willing to be contacted again
Communicate any other relevant information you think is pertinent to the case. When you suspect or discover that your family member is being abused and harmed in the nursing home or other facility where they reside, you need to reach out to to an accomplished and professional nursing home negligence attorney in the St. Charles, MO area straight away. Our talented nursing home legal team will stand by your side and fight to get a full recovery for you and your family. Permit us to start fighting for justice and maximum compensation for you today by calling us at now.
The St. Charles, MO lawyers of Burger Law have the experience and knowledge to help you receive the full recovery you deserve after any accident or injury caused by someone else leaves you injured. Learn more about our fields of expertise below.
- Survival Action Lawyer in Missouri
- Truck Crash Lawyers in Missouri
- Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer in Missouri
Call a St. Louis and Missouri Nursing Home Negligence Attorney Today
While it is a wonderful thing that there are institutions that keep an eye on nursing home negligence and work to investigate allegations, it is also incredibly important that you get in touch with a knowledgeable and experienced St. Charles, MO nursing home negligence lawyer right away. As a nursing home negligence lawyer with Burger Law, we have experience with every type of nursing home abuse case. We are well-versed in the rules nursing home workers break that are designed to keep our families safe and we know how to hold thoughtless rule breakers responsible, letting you be awarded the compensation you are owed. We have unparalleled trial and litigation capabilities and will not stop fighting until you get the maximum compensation you deserve.
We do not charge any fees until we win your case. Call or contact us online right away to speak with a devoted St. Charles, MO Nursing Home Negligence Attorney. Our nursing home negligence and abuse lawyers are here to answer your legal questions for free and remain devoted to your family’s recovery from the moment you hire us until the day you get a full recovery for the damages you and your loved one have experienced. Call to speak to your St. Charles, MO nursing home negligence attorney now.