Nursing Home Negligence Attorney St. Clair, MO
Nursing Home Negligence Attorney in St. Clair, MO. Take the first step toward getting justice for you and your loved one today; call our St. Clair, MO nursing home negligence attorneys in St. Clair, MO at or fill out this form now. A Burger Law nursing home negligence lawyer in St. Clair, MO will start working to get you the recovery you deserve immediately.
We trust nursing homes to protect our family members when they are vulnerable. Occasionally they betray that trust by committing nursing home negligence or nursing home abuse. When that happens, they need to atone for breaking the rules. The St. Clair, MO nursing home negligence attorneys at Burger Law will make sure you and your family member receive the full compensation you are entitled to to help secure your future and get you started on the path to recovery. Call us today at or contact us online so we can start working on your case right away. For more than two decades, St. Clair, MO individuals and families have trusted us with their claims and insurance companies know to fear us because we are relentless in our demand for justice and your full compensation.
Your family member may necessitate special care such as daily medication or help moving around if they have poor mobility. We trust in nursing homes to afford them appropriate care regardless of their situation. Nursing home negligence and nursing home abuse can take place either as a result of negligence on the part of the administration or owing to the actions or inaction of the nursing home workers. Some nursing homes do not carry out sufficient background checks before hiring a worker, and some nursing homes are too short-staffed to provide proper care. When nursing home workers are negligent and cause injury to your loved one, you need a experiences nursing home negligence attorney on your side to protect your loved one and help you recover.
Missouri Law obligates nursing home administrators and employees to report any signs of nursing home abuse or nursing home neglect, and not doing so is in itself a form of negligence. The caring and veteran nursing home negligence lawyers at Burger Law will hold St. Clair, MO nursing homes and their workers accountable when they disregard the rules and abuse or neglect your family member. From establishing your case to litigating to insisting on full compensation, your Burger Law nursing home negligence attorney in St. Clair, MO has the savvy required to help you win your case. If the negligent party is not willing to pay the compensation you and your family are owed, we are not afraid to argue your case in front of a judge and jury. We consistently hone our trial and litigation skills and will insist to juries that you receive the compensation you are owed.
Common Types of Nursing Home Negligence
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention define nursing home negligence as the “failure to meet an older adult’s basic needs. These needs include food, water, shelter, clothing, hygiene and essential medical care.” The accomplished St. Clair, MO nursing home negligence lawyers at Burger Law have fought every category of nursing home negligence case, and have the skill and experience to get you the best possible compensation and help put your mind at ease.
Bedsores are also referred to as pressure sores, decubitus ulcers, or pressure ulcers. In a 2004 study, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention found that 11 percent of nursing home residents experienced bedsores. Bedsores happen in four stages, classified by the depth of soft tissue damage.
- Stage 1: A persistent redness of the skin.
- Stage 2: A loss of partial thickness of skin appearing as an abrasion, blister or shallow crater.
- Stage 3: A loss of full thickness of skin, evidenced by a deep crater.
- Stage 4: A loss of full thickness of skin revealing muscle or bone. This stage can often lead to infection.
The most common stage is stage 2, and the most common place where nursing home residents experience bedsores is on their lower back, which are called sacral ulcers. Healing can take months or even years, based on which stage the ulcer is in. If you observe that a loved one living in a nursing home is suffering from bed sores, speak to a nursing home negligence attorney immediately at .
Bedsores occur when blood flow is impeded to the area for more than two or three hours, and are extremely common in people in wheelchairs or who are confined to beds. St. Clair, MO nursing homes should look over their patients’ skin daily, regularly clean and dry their skin and change any bandages daily. Neglecting to do so is an example of nursing home negligence. Any red marks need to receive medical attention at once. Any nursing home resident who cannot move well or is limited to a wheelchair or bed needs to have their position changed every two hours. If your loved one has experienced any stage of bedsore because of nursing home negligence, you need the talented nursing home negligence attorneys at Burger Law to fight alongside you to make sure you receive the maximum recovery you and your loved one are owed.
Social or Emotional Neglect
We trust nursing homes with their resident's entire well-being, including their social and emotional health. Like all humans, the elderly need positive social interaction to thrive. Nursing homes can be a wonderful way for residents to make new friends in their old age. However, administrators or employees hindering residents from interacting with others is a type of nursing home negligence. This can transpire if they accidentally leave vulnerable residents alone, fail to provide canes, wheelchairs or walkers to residents who need assistance moving around or neglect to move residents with extreme mobility or mental limitations. If your loved one has not gotten the social interaction that every human needs and is entitled to, call Burger Law today at and our committed and sympathetic nursing home negligence attorneys will fight until you and your family are awarded a complete financial recovery. As your St. Clair, MO nursing home negligence lawyer, we will use our knowledge and experience to investigate, build and prove your claim of social or emotional neglect.
Failure to Provide Basic Living Needs
This can include failing to keep the nursing home at a suitable temperature, not sanitizing the rooms or common areas frequently or not providing sufficient, nutritious or safe food and water. If a resident requires medicine it must be given at the appropriate time, every time, and in the proper dosage. Failure to properly administer medication is a form of nursing home negligence. If a nursing home or its staff does not give your loved one the medicine and attention they need, you need the skill and experience of Burger Law’s St. Clair, MO nursing home negligence lawyers to hold the nursing home responsible. Talk over your suit with us now at or fill out this form.
Negligent COVID-19 Protocols
If you have a loved one in a St. Clair, MO nursing home who grew very sick or died because of COVID-19, you may be wondering if that is an example of nursing home negligence. Sometimes it is, and it is a good idea to reach out to one of our St. Clair, MO nursing home negligence attorneys right away at to understand your options if your family member's nursing home and their staff disregarded the rules in regards to the COVID-19 pandemic.
While COVID-19 rules are a new part of life for many of us, nursing homes have had a duty to have practices in place for halting the spread of infectious diseases for years. They have to comply with federal regulations such as:
- Isolate and quarantine infected residents from the other residents
- Institute an “Infection Control Program”“Infection Control Program”
- Not Allow sick workers from working
- Clean the residents’ rooms, common areas, tables, chairs and door handles often
- Provide sufficient personal protective equipment such as masks and gloves if an outbreak happens. Too many times personal protective equipment is not worn or not changed between visits to other residents
When you hire a expert and accomplished St. Clair, MO nursing home negligence attorney at Burger Law, we will reach out to your loved one’s nursing home right away to obtain their records showing how they dealt with sick residents and staff. If we learn that they were negligent, we will stand by your side and demand that you get maximum compensation.
Nursing Home Negligence Attorney St. Clair, MO: Nursing Home Abuse
While a great deal of mistreatment of nursing home residents can be attributed to neglect, sometimes administrators or staff break the rules to a greater extent and cause intentional harm. The nursing home abuse attorneys at Burger law will make those bullies pay for this abhorrent behavior and fight for you until you collect the best possible recovery you and your family member deserve to help make you whole again.
Instances of nursing home abuse are:
- Physical Abuse. If staff are knowingly causing physical harm, such as pushing, kicking, pulling or hitting, they are committing abuse. Call a Burger Law St. Clair, MO nursing home attorney immediately.
- Emotional Abuse. This can include yelling, insulting or “toying” with a resident—particularly someone with dementia or a degenerative brain disease such as Alzheimer’s.
- Sexual Abuse. In 2017, CNN reported that over 1,000 nursing homes in the United States got citations for poorly handling accusations of sexual battery.
- Financial Exploitation. The elderly are at heightened risk of becoming targets of theft and fraud. Criminal nursing home employees could steal your loved one's checkbook or credit card or influence them into altering their will or assigning an unknown power of attorney. There are also many scams and frauds that take advantage of the elderly, including someone calling your family member, pretending to be you and then asking for money. The Consumer Finance Protection Bureau has a comprehensive guide for nursing homes and how they can protect their residents from financial manipulation.
Common Signs and Symptoms of Nursing Home Negligence
If you have a loved one who stays in a nursing home in St. Clair, MO, you might fear that they are not getting the proper care they are entitled to. There are some warning signs that you can keep in mind to make sure your loved one is not suffering from nursing home neglect or nursing home abuse. If you notice any of the warning signs listed and suspect your loved one is the victim of neglect, call your nursing home negligence attorney at now.
- Bedsores or pressure ulcers
- Bruises, burns, welts, cuts, lacerations or broken bones
- Dehydration or malnourishment
- Fatigue, insomnia or other sleep disorders
- Poor hygiene and poor dental hygiene
- Worsening existing conditions
- New or untreated medical conditions
- Significant personality changes such as irritability or suicidal thoughts or actions
- Complaining about the staff
- Unpaid bills when you know there should be enough funds in their account
As many St. Clair, MO nursing home residents unfortunately face degenerating health as they get older, these warning signs are not always a sign of nursing home neglect or nursing home abuse. However, if you see any potential symptoms it is imperative to talk to your loved one and ask them about the treatment they are receiving. Reach out to an accomplished and compassionate nursing home negligence attorney at Burger Law so we can help you discover if your loved one is receiving the attention they are entitled to or if the nursing home staff has been negligent. If anyone has disregarded the rules, your Burger Law negligence attorney will hold them accountable. As a leading St. Clair, MO law firm, the attorneys of Burger Law fight the tough cases and do not rest until our clients get every cent they are owed.
What to do if a Loved One is Experiencing Nursing Home Negligence in St. Clair, MO
Fortunately, there are a lot of avenues for finding assistance if a family member is suffering from nursing home neglect or nursing home abuse in St. Clair, MO. The veteran and savvy nursing home negligence and abuse attorneys at Burger Law will help you navigate this difficult time and provide you and your family with passionate support, sound counsel and tenacious representation throughout the duration of your nursing home negligence case.
In St. Clair, MO you can call the Adult Abuse and Neglect Hotline at tel:1-800-392-0210 or go to health.mo.gov to report suspected abuse. When you report abuse, you will need to respond to the questions listed below to the best of your availability:
- The personal and contact information of yourself, of the loved one you believe is experiencing abuse, of the alleged perpetrator and of anyone who may possess more information about the negligence
- The circumstances that led you to believe that your loved one was being abused, neglected or financially manipulated with as many specific details as possible
- Whether or not the person being neglected is in urgent danger, when the best time to contact them is, if they know you are filing the report and if a social worker might be in danger if they go to the nursing home to investigate
- Your relationship to your loved one
- If you are willing to be contacted again
Disclose any other relevant information you think is pertinent to the report. When you believe or learn that your family member is being neglected and harmed in the nursing home or other facility where they stay, you must call to an accomplished and professional nursing home negligence attorney in the St. Clair, MO area straight away. Our talented nursing home legal team will stand by your side and fight to secure a full recovery for you and your family. Permit us to begin fighting for justice and the best possible compensation for you today by calling us at now.
The St. Clair, MO lawyers of Burger Law have the experience and knowledge to help you receive the full recovery you deserve after any accident or injury caused by someone else leaves you injured. Learn more about our fields of expertise below.
- Survival Action Lawyer in Missouri
- Truck Crash Lawyers in Missouri
- Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer in Missouri
Call a St. Louis and Missouri Nursing Home Negligence Attorney Today
While it is a great thing that there are institutions that monitor nursing home negligence and work to investigate allegations, it is also vitally important that you get in touch with a knowledgeable and accomplished St. Clair, MO nursing home negligence lawyer right away. As a nursing home negligence lawyer with Burger Law, we have experience with every type of nursing home abuse case. We are well-versed in the rules nursing home staff break that are supposed to keep our loved ones safe and we understand how to hold careless rule breakers accountable, allowing you to get the compensation you are owed. We have unrivaled trial and litigation skills and will not cease fighting until you get the best possible compensation you deserve.
You do not owe us anything until we win your case. Call or contact us online now to speak with a devoted St. Clair, MO Nursing Home Negligence Attorney. Our nursing home negligence and abuse lawyers are waiting to answer your legal questions for free and remain committed to your family’s recovery from the instant you hire us until the day you collect a full recovery for the damages you and your loved one have sustained. Call to speak to your St. Clair, MO nursing home negligence attorney now.