Personal Injury AttorneyAlbion, IL
Have you been in an accident? Are you looking for legal representation and do not know what to do? Burger Law is here to help.
Our Albion, IL, Personal Injury Attorneys at Burger Law have provided legal representation to clients throughout the Midwest. It is important for our firm to help people get the compensation and assistance they need after an accident. Our Albion, IL, Personal Injury Attorneys can make sure you get the legal assistance you need. Feel free to contact Burger Law now for more information.
Choosing the right personal injury firm in Albion, IL, is an important decision. Our lawyers' goal is to win full recovery over your settlement. This includes special and general damages for your case like hospital bills, loss of enjoyment, lost income, emotional distress, and others. We will cover this in more detail later on. Reach out to Burger Law and your Albion, IL, personal injury lawyers today if you might have a case.
Do You Have a Personal Injury Claim?
Burger Law has won millions for Albion, IL, injury clients. Many of these cases involve car accidents, medical malpractice, product liability, slips and falls, worker's compensation, and others. Personal injury is a broad case-type that can involve any number of injuries. Nursing home abuse, motorcycle accidents, consumer protection, birth injuries: If there are financial damages, you may have a claim.
Our personal injury lawyers in Albion, IL, will look into your case. If there are financial damages, it is essential that you get the legal support you need. A serious injury may lead to serious repercussions. If, for instance, you have high medical bills, can no longer work, and are struggling due to an injury, you probably have a valid claim.
Common accident claims our firm works with include the following:
Our Albion personal injury attorneys are available 24/7 and offer guidance on how to proceed after an injury. We charge on contingency, which means that if we do not win a claim, you do not pay anything. If you have questions about your case, the damages you may be able to recover, or other questions regarding personal injury claims, call our Personal Injury Attorneys in Albion, IL, immediately at 314-542-2222 or 618-272-2222 if you are in the 62806 area.
Damages for Personal Injury Cases
One of the important factors in a personal injury case is determining negligence. It may be tempting to accept a settlement after an accident from an big insurance company or the negligent parties involved. However, it is important for our Albion, IL, injury attorneys to make sure your compensation is fair and justified. Here are a few ways we go about proving a claim:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: We as a society have a moral "duty of care" in everyday life. Proving there is a duty of care is the first step in proving negligence after an incident. For instance, it is a business owner's "duty" to protect his or her customers from harm, like fixing protruding nails or a dangerous stairway. The same goes for truck drivers, big corporations, and others.
- Breach: The next step for proving negligence is showing how the negligent party "breached" their duty of care. A good example is a driver that blows a red light and crashes into another car or pedestrian. They know they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not doing so.
- Causation: Causation is what caused the breach, like a store owner knowingly ignoring a dangerous situation. This is the negligent act that breaches the duty of care.
- Damages: Lastly, there has to be financial damages. Financial harm might include medical bills, lost time at work due to an injury, and other expenses. Our Albion personal injury lawyers will consider short and long-term damages for our clients.
It is important to contact a qualified PI attorney if you need (or do not know if you need) help or legal assistance. Burger Law has a strong track record for providing just that and winning cases.
A few resources about personal injury law that you may find useful include:
- Frequently Asked Legal Questions
- Client Testimonials
- Video Archives
- How to Choose a Law Firm
- Our Blog
Burger Law is made up of a team of personal injury attorneys who proudly serve the Greater St. Louis area with the highest standard of representation, litigation, guidance, and support. Gary Burger and his associates are dedicated to recovering compensation to help injury victims and their families in order to cover medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. At Burger Law, we understand how severe injuries can negatively impact your mental, physical, and financial health, and we are prepared to stand with you through the entirety of your case from medical care to insurance and employer issues.
From car accidents and slips and falls to medical malpractice and a $113 Million Verdict by the MO Department of Corrections, our firm has the experience you need to win.
How To Choose The Right Personal Injury Lawyer For Me
How do you determine which personal injury lawyer is right for you? As yo …
How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim?
Do you know how long you have to file a personal injury claim? Or when th …
When to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer
When To Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer. Accidents and injuries are always …
Your Personal Injury Attorneys in Albion, IL
We understand that it might be overwhelming to handle legal matters after an accident. It is important to stay calm — here are a few tips to remember if you or a family member have been in a serious accident:
A frequently asked question is "Will my claim go to court." This is a possibility. However, this is rare if the claim is properly managed. It is often estimated that about five percent of tort (personal injury) cases ever go into a courtroom. Our Albion, IL, personal injury attorneys will investigate your case and see if this is a possibility — our lawyers are not scared to take a claim to trial.
There are three simple types of personal injury (tort) cases:
- Intentional Torts consist of criminal behavior. This might include battery, assault, fraud, defamation, and other types of criminal activity.
- Negligence Torts are the most common. This includes car and truck accidents, medical malpractice, workplace injuries, dog bites, and others.
- Strict Liability torts are often very clear. This may include defective products, animal attacks, and other (obvious) dangerous activities.
Burger Law's Albion, IL, personal injury attorneys are ready and willing to take your case to ensure optimal compensation for your injuries. Do not hesitate to contact us today to speak with an actual lawyer.
There is no obligation. You can talk to us without worrying about payment. Our personal injury attorneys in Albion, IL, defend victims and their families and ensure they get the highest amount of compensation possible.
Get Help Today
Accident claims typically rely on the legal theory of negligence or fault. This allows victims and their families to seek compensation. This is not easy to do on your own. Let our firm give you the legal support you need. Contact our Personal Injury Attorneys in Albion, IL, now for a consultation and case review.