Personal Injury Attorney Ballwin, MO
Personal injury attorney Ballwin, MO. Did another person’s negligent or reckless behavior cause a preventable accident? Did this accident seriously injure you or a loved one? If so, you should talk to a Ballwin, MO personal injury attorney immediately. Call the St. Louis-based law firm of Burger Law right now at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online for a free, confidential, no-obligation consultation.
The Burger Law legal team fights for your rights and demands a full recovery in your Ballwin, MO personal injury claim. Our personal injury lawyers have successfully recovered more than $200 million in settlement and trial results for our clients, including a multi-year legal battle resulting in a trial verdict of $113 million. While your personal injury case cannot undo the pain you have sustained, compensation can help you and your family’s future during this difficult time. Our personal injury attorneys do not stop pursuing a complete recovery for you.
If you or someone you love were seriously injured in an accident due to someone else’s recklessness in Ballwin, MO, see how much your claim may be worth with our free personal injury calculator.
When Do I Need to Hire a Personal Injury Attorney in Ballwin, state]?
Injuries occur, and they happen in a variety of situations in Ballwin, MO. There are many reasons that another person's negligence and recklessness can cause you harm, and when that takes place an accomplished and trustworthy Burger Law personal injury attorney in Ballwin, MO is here to fight for you. We have seen every type of personal injury case in Ballwin, MO, and understand exactly what to do to get you the full compensation you are owed and to protect your future. Never settle before speaking to a Ballwin, MO personal injury attorney first.
In most instances, there are four reasons you should get a personal injury attorney after you sustain an injury:
You Sustained Significant Injuries or Injuries That Require Ongoing Care and Treatment in Ballwin, MO
If your injuries call for assistive devices like crutches or a wheelchair, will involve long-term physical treatments and therapy or impact your ability to work and make a living in the future, you need to hire a Burger Law personal injury attorney in Ballwin, MO so the full extent of your injuries is paid for.
The Ballwin, MO personal injury lawyers at Burger Law also have extensive medical knowledge and connections with a network of doctors and other medical experts. An Insurance Research Institute study found that people who hire personal injury attorneys are more likely to receive the full medical care they need. Getting the right medical treatment also boosts the value of your case.
The Insurance Company Is Not Being Fair
Despite being obligated to pay you for their client’s reckless behavior, insurance companies are after one thing – a profit. They want to pay you as little money as possible. Insurance companies are for-profit businesses, and frequently have shareholders who will not be pleased if they pay out a lot of claims. Insurance adjusters are professionals when it comes to minimizing or denying claims.
Some of the tricks insurance companies use to devalue claims are:
- Trying to get you to settle quickly, before you realize the full extent of your injuries
- Offering false sympathy
- Attempting to shift blame for the accident on you
- Lying to you, such as:
- Telling you your medical care was unnecessary
- Saying they do not have to pay for medical care because you have insurance
- Telling you that they do not have to pay for lost wages because you had unused vacation time
- Telling you an attorney will cost more money than they are worth
According to research by Forbes, insurance companies are far less likely to deny claims when people procure a lawyer. They recognize they can take advantage of a lot of people, but a knowledgeable Ballwin, MO personal injury attorney at Burger Law will make them realize you are serious about getting full compensation.
There is Disagreement Over Who Is At Fault in the Ballwin, MO Accident
Some people who act carelessly and negligently do not want to take responsibility for their actions. After all, if they admit they were at fault in a Ballwin, MO accident, their insurance premium will rise. Burger Law knows how to hold negligent parties accountable. If the other party is disputing fault, our personal injury lawyer in Ballwin, MO will investigate all the facts and take official depositions to prove negligence.
There Are Other Complications to the Case
Sometimes, multiple people can be liable, as not every Ballwin, MO personal injury case is cut and dry. For example, if a bar knowingly overserves a drunk driver you may be able to sue both the drunk driver and bar. Here are a few ways we prove a claim of negligence in Ballwin, MO:
- Duty of Care: Throughout our everyday life, we have a moral duty of care to society as a whole. Proving that there is a duty of care – essentially that the other party has a duty to value your safety – is the initial step in proving negligence. This can be another motorist, a doctor you established a doctor-patient relationship with or a property manager who has an obligation to warn visitors of any hazards on the premises.
- Breach of Duty: Another step for proving negligence is showing how an entity breached their duty of care. That the party with a duty of care failed or were negligent in that duty. Was the Ballwin, MO other motorist going to fast? The driver knew they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not doing so. Did a Ballwin, MO doctor not take your concerns seriously? Was the Ballwin, MO property manager aware of a loose floorboard but blow off fixing it?.
- Causation: Causation is simply what caused the breach, much like that driver in Ballwin, MO knowing they are going too fast. This is the reckless and negligent act that breaches any expected duty of care.
- Damages: Finally, there must be financial repercussions. Demonstrating harm is the last step to receiving compensation. This can be financial loss like lost wages or medical expenses, or emotional and physical harm such as pain and suffering. Burger Law's Ballwin, MO personal injury attorneys will calculate short and long-term damages for our clients.
What Should I Expect From a Ballwin, MO Personal Injury Attorney?
The Burger Law personal injury attorneys have the dedication, talent, knowledge, and experience to make sure you get the result you deserve. Frequently, dishonest insurance companies will try to take advantage of your fear and anxiety as medical bills start piling up and you miss more and more time off work. They want you to settle quickly, so they behave like your friend. That is the reason you should never settle a case before speaking to a Ballwin, MO personal injury lawyer. We have seen every tactic in the book that insurance companies will utilize to minimize your compensation. Insurance adjusters are experienced negotiators and know that this is probably the first time you have to settle an injury claim. The Ballwin, MO personal injury attorneys at Burger Law fight back against resistant insurance companies. They fear us because they know we take on the tough cases and win.
Beyond standing up to bullies like resistant insurance companies, you can expect your determined and dedicated Burger Law Ballwin, MO personal injury lawyer to stand by your side every step of the way. We begin working on your case immediately. We handle all documentation, communication and litigation and will keep you in the loop throughout the whole legal process. When you first hire our Ballwin, MO personal injury lawyers, we immediately work to diligently procure evidence and interview eyewitnesses and Ballwin, MO experts. We comb through every facet of your case to determine negligence and calculate the precise dollar amount of your damages. If you have been injured because of another person's negligence or reckless actions in Ballwin, MO, there is no time to delay. Missouri Revised Statute § 516.120 sets a five-year deadline for the filing of all lawsuits seeking a legal remedy for an “injury to a person.”
What Kind of Compensation Can a Ballwin, MO Personal Injury Attorney Help Recover?
At Burger Law, we are not content to just have you reimbursed for your property damage and current medical bills. Your Ballwin, MO personal injury lawyer will aggressively pursue maximum compensation for the full scope of your damages – financial and emotional. Devastating injuries do not just affect your bank account, they have an impact on your family, your ability to enjoy life and your ability to carry out standard day-to-day tasks in Ballwin, MO. You deserve to be compensated for every way that your injury has affected your life.
Generally speaking, in Missouri there are two types of damages your Ballwin, MO personal injury lawyer can claim:
These compensate you for the money you have spent or missed out on due to your injuries. They include:
- Any medical bills you incurred because of the accident, such as urgent care, any surgeries, occupational therapy and assistive devices such as home or vehicle modification. They also include future medical expenses, such as if you had a joint replacement because of your injuries and will need another one in the future.
- Lost wages from not being able to work, or your loss of earning capacity if your injuries prevent you from earning a living as you previously had.
- Property damage, such as your mechanics' bills or if your cell phone was broken in a slip and fall.
- Other miscellaneous costs incurred because of the injury such as household services and the cost of transportation you spent going to and from medical appointments.
. The Ballwin, MO personal injury team at Burger Law uses a network of financial and medical experts to calculate the true cost of your economic damages, including adjusting for inflation while evaluating your future medical needs and earning potential.
These damages are not as easy to quantify, and refer to intangible damages that impact your emotional well-being and ability to enjoy life in Ballwin, MO. These include, but are not limited to:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
Your Burger Law personal injury lawyer in Ballwin, MO has seen firsthand the profound impact these injuries can have on your life, despite the fact that a resistant insurance company might try to downplay your noneconomic damages to minimize your payout. We will insist that you get the complete compensation you deserve.
In some claims concerning especially egregious negligence or misconduct in Ballwin, MO, you may also be able to receive punitive damages, which seek to punish the defendant and deter future recklessness. Punitive damages are only awarded in extreme cases that show wanton disregard for the safety of others, like drunk driving. Your Ballwin, MO personal injury lawyer will explain to you all of your legal options and demand that you get the full compensation you are entitled to.
How To Choose The Right Personal Injury Lawyer For Me
How do you determine which personal injury lawyer is right for you? As yo …
How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim?
Do you know how long you have to file a personal injury claim? Or when th …
When to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer
When To Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer. Accidents and injuries are always …
What Are Some Common Types of Ballwin, MO Personal Injury Cases?
- Car, Truck, Bus and Motorcycle Accidents
- Slip and Fall Accidents
- Medical Malpractice
- Wrongful Death
Auto accidents are the most common kind of claims that Ballwin, MO personal injury attorneyswitness. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's motor vehicle accident statistics, in 2019 over 36,000 people died in auto accidents in the United States, and another 2.5 million were visited the emergency room, resulting in $56 billion in medical expenses and lost wages nationwide.
Falling is the leading cause of emergency room visits in the US, about 8 millions trips a year. Slip and falls account for 1 million, or 12 percent of those trips. They are also the leading cause of workers' compensation cases and constitute the most days missed from work.
While errors can happen in the medical world, Ballwin, MO doctors and other medical professionals are still obligated to meet a standard of care. When that standard is neglected, you may have a medical malpractice case.
Your Ballwin, MO personal injury lawyer at Burger Law knows that nothing can truly make amends for the loss of a loved one. There are a lot of causes of wrongful death, but your Ballwin, MO personal injury attorney at Burger Law will help make sure that your financial future is safeguarded and secure and that you get the help you require.
Contact a Burger Law Personal Injury Attorney in Ballwin, MO
Never settle for less than you deserve. Whether it is some other personal injury attorney trying to finagle you to hire them or a paltry offer from an insurance company, do not settle. Burger Law has experienced, aggressive and steadfast Ballwin, MO personal injury lawyers ready and willing to stand in your corner and fight for your rights throughout the life of your case.