Personal Injury AttorneyBethalto, IL
Have you been in an accident? Are you looking for legal representation and do not know what to do? Burger Law is here to help.
Our Bethalto, IL, Personal Injury Attorneys at Burger Law provide legal services to victims and their families in the Greater St. Louis area and beyond. It is important for our firm to help people get the compensation and assistance they need after an accident. Our Bethalto, IL, Personal Injury Attorneys will ensure you get the legal help you need. Do not hesitate to contact our firm today if you have any questions.
Picking the right personal injury firm near Bethalto, IL, is an important decision. Our lawyers' goal is to win full recovery over your settlement. This may include general and special damages for your case like loss of income, property damages, medical treatment, pain and suffering, and others. We will cover this in more detail further down this page. Reach out to our firm and your Bethalto, IL, personal injury lawyers now if you think you might have a claim.
Do You Have a Personal Injury Case?
Burger Law has won millions for Bethalto, IL, personal injury victims. This includes vehicle-related accidents, worker's compensation, medical malpractice claims, premise liability, and other types of claims. Personal injury is a broad case-type that can involve any number of injuries. Birth injuries, wrongful death, nursing home abuse, swimming pool accidents: If there are financial damages, you may have a claim.
Our personal injury lawyers in Bethalto, IL, will consider your case. If there are financial damages, it is important to receive quality legal support. A serious injury may lead to serious repercussions. If, for instance, you have high medical bills, can no longer work, and are struggling due to an injury, you probably have a valid claim.
Common injury cases our firm works with include:
Our Bethalto personal injury attorneys are available 24/7 and offer advice on how to proceed after an injury. We bill on contingency, which means that if we do not win a claim, you do not pay any legal fees. If you have questions about your case, the damages you may be able to recover, or other questions regarding personal injury claims, call our Personal Injury Attorneys in Bethalto, IL, immediately at 314-542-2222 or 618-272-2222 if you are in the 62010 area.
Damages for Personal Injury Claims
One of the important factors in a personal injury case is determining negligence. It may be tempting to accept a settlement after an accident from an big insurance company or the negligent parties involved. However, it is important for our Bethalto, IL, injury attorneys to make sure your compensation is fair and justified. Here are a few ways we go about proving a claim:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: We as a society have a moral "duty of care" in everyday life. Proving that there is a duty of care is the first step in proving negligence after an accident. For instance, it is a business owner's "duty" to protect his or her patrons from harm, such as fixing protruding nails or a dangerous stairway. The same goes for truck drivers, big corporations, and others.
- Breach: The next step for proving negligence is showing how a person or entity "breached" their duty of care. An example would be a driver who blows a red light and crashes into another car or pedestrian. They know they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not stopping.
- Causation: Causation is what caused the breach, like a store owner knowingly ignoring a dangerous situation. This is the negligent act that breaches any expected duty of care.
- Damages: Lastly, there must be financial damages. Financial harm may include lost wages, medical bills, and other expenses. Burger Law's Bethalto personal injury attorneys will consider short and long-term damages for our clients.
It is important to contact a qualified PI attorney if you need (or do not know if you need) help. Burger Law has a strong track record for providing just that and winning cases.
A couple of resources about personal injury law that you may find useful include:
- Frequently Asked Legal Questions
- Client Testimonials
- Video Archives
- How to Choose a Law Firm
- Our Blog
Burger Law is made up of a team of personal injury lawyers who proudly serve the Metro St. Louis area with the highest standard of representation, litigation, guidance, and support. Gary Burger and his associates are dedicated to recovering compensation to help injury victims and their families to cover medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. At Burger Law, we understand how severe injuries can negatively impact your mental, physical, and financial health, and we are prepared to stand with you through the entirety of your case from medical care to insurance and employer issues.
From semi-truck accidents and product liability to worker's compensation cases and a $113 Million Verdict by the MO Department of Corrections, our firm has the experience you need to win.
How To Choose The Right Personal Injury Lawyer For Me
How do you determine which personal injury lawyer is right for you? As yo …
How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim?
Do you know how long you have to file a personal injury claim? Or when th …
When to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer
When To Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer. Accidents and injuries are always …
Your Personal Injury Attorneys in Bethalto, IL
It can be overwhelming if you are in an accident. It is essential to stay calm — here are a few tips to remember if you or a family member have been in a serious accident:
A frequently asked question is "Will my claim go to court." This is a possibility. However, this is rare if the claim is properly managed. It is often estimated that about five percent of tort (personal injury) cases ever end up in a courtroom. Burger Law's Bethalto, IL, personal injury attorneys will investigate your case and see if this is a possibility — our lawyers are not scared to escalate a claim and take it to court.
There are three typical types of personal injury (tort) cases:
- An "Intentional Tort." This consists of assault, battery, fraud, trespassing, defamation, and other criminal-like behavior.
- The most common type of tort case is Negligence which involves anything from a dog bite and a car accident to workplace injuries and medical malpractice.
- Strict Liability torts are very very clear. These may include defective products, animal attacks, and other (obvious) dangerous activities.
Our Bethalto, IL, personal injury attorneys will investigate your claim and make sure we approach it in the appropriate way to ensure maximum compensation for your injuries. Do not hesitate to contact us today to speak with an actual attorney.
There is no obligation. You can talk to us without worrying about payment. Our personal injury attorneys in Bethalto, IL, defend victims and their families and make sure they are fairly compensated.
Get Help Now
Injury claims typically rely on the legal theory of negligence or fault. This allows victims to seek compensation. This is not easy to do on your own. Let Burger Law give you the legal support you deserve. Contact our Personal Injury Attorneys in Bethalto, IL, today for a consultation and case review.