Personal Injury Attorney Bolivar, MO
Personal injury attorney Bolivar, MO. Were you seriously injured in an accident caused by another person’s negligent or reckless actions in Bolivar, MO? If so, you need to speak with a Bolivar, MO personal injury attorney immediately. Give the St. Louis-based law firm of Burger Law a call right now at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online for a free, confidential, no-obligation consultation.
The Burger Law legal team demands a full recovery while fighting for your rights in your Bolivar, MO personal injury claim. Our personal injury attorneys have successfully recovered over $200 million in trial results and settlements for our clients, including a multi-year legal battle resulting in a trial verdict of $113 million. While your personal injury case cannot undo the injuries and pain you have sustained, compensation can help you and your family’s future during this difficult time. Our personal injury attorneys will not stop until we obtain complete compensation for your injuries.
If you or a loved one were seriously injured in an accident because of someone else’s recklessness in Bolivar, MO, see how much your claim may be worth with our free personal injury calculator.
Do I Need a Personal Injury Attorney in Bolivar, MO?
Injuries happen, and they unfortunately occur in a variety of circumstances in Bolivar, MO. There are many reasons that another person's recklessness and negligence can cause you harm, and when that occurs an accomplished and trustworthy Burger Law personal injury attorney in Bolivar, MO is here to fight for you. We have seen every kind of personal injury case in Bolivar, MO, and understand exactly what to do to protect your future and get you the full compensation you are owed. Never settle before speaking to a Bolivar, MO personal injury attorney first.
For the most part, there are four reasons you should secure a personal injury lawyer after you sustain an injury:
You Sustained Significant Injuries or Injuries That Require Long-Term Care and Treatment in Bolivar, MO
If your injuries call for assistive devices like crutches, will involve ongoing physical treatments and therapy or have an effect on your ability to work and earn a living in the future, you need to hire a Burger Law personal injury lawyer in Bolivar, MO so the full range of your damages is paid for.
The Bolivar, MO personal injury lawyers at Burger Law also have extensive medical knowledge and connections with a network of doctors and other medical experts. An Insurance Research Institute study found that people who are represented by personal injury attorneys are more likely to get the full medical treatment they need. Getting the right medical treatment also increases the value of your case.
The Insurance Company Is Not Being Fair
Despite being obligated to pay you for their client’s reckless behavior, insurance companies are after one thing – a profit. They want to pay you as little money as possible. Insurance companies are for-profit businesses, and often have shareholders who will be upset if they pay out a lot of claims. Insurance adjusters are experienced when it comes to minimizing or denying claims.
Some of the tricks insurance companies use to devalue claims are:
- Attempting to get you to settle quickly, before you realize the full extent of your injuries
- Offering false sympathy
- Trying to shift blame for the accident on you
- Telling you lies, such as:
- Telling you your medical care was unnecessary
- Saying they do not have to pay for medical care because you have insurance
- Telling you that they do not have to pay for lost wages because you had unused vacation time
- Saying a lawyer will cost more money than they are worth
According to research by Forbes, insurance companies are far less likely to deny claims when individuals hire a lawyer. They recognize they can prey on a lot of individuals, but a knowledgeable Bolivar, MO personal injury attorney at Burger Law will let them know you are intent on getting full compensation.
There is Disagreement Regarding Who Is At Fault in the Bolivar, MO Accident
Some people who act carelessly and negligently do not want to take responsibility for their behavior. After all, if they own up to fault in a Bolivar, MO accident, their insurance premium will rise. If the other party is disputing fault, a personal injury lawyer in Bolivar, MO will investigate all the facts and take official depositions to prove negligence. Burger Law knows how to hold negligent parties accountable.
There Are Other Complications to the Case
On occasion, multiple individuals can be at fault, as not every Bolivar, MO personal injury case is cut and dry. As an example, if a bar knowingly overserves a drunk driver you may be able to It may be tempting to accept a settlement after an accident from a big insurance company or the negligent parties involved. However, it is important for a personal injury attorney to make sure your compensation is fair. Here are a few ways we prove a claim of negligence in Bolivar, MO:
- Duty of Care: We as a society have a moral duty of care in everyday life. Proving that there is a duty of care – essentially that the other party has a duty to value your safety – is the initial step in proving negligence. Examples include another driver in a car, a healthcare professional whose care you were under or a proprietor who needs to keep their property free of hazards.
- Breach of Duty: Another step for proving negligence is showing how an entity breached their duty of care. That the party with a duty of care did not hold up their end of the bargain. Was the Bolivar, MO driver going to fast? The driver knew they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not doing so. Did a Bolivar, MO doctor not refer you to a specialist when their treatment plan was not working? Did the property manager in Bolivar, MO know of a loose wiring but blow off repairs it?.
- Causation: Causation is simply what caused the breach, like a driver in Bolivar, MO knowing they are going too fast. This is the negligent act that breaches any expected duty of care.
- Damages: Finally, there must be financial repercussions. Demonstrating harm is essential in a personal injury case. This can be financial loss like lost wages or medical expenses, or emotional and physical harm such as pain and suffering. Burger Law's Bolivar, MO personal injury attorneys will consider short and long-term damages for our clients.
What Should I Expect From a Bolivar, MO Personal Injury Attorney?
The Burger Law personal injury attorneys have the dedication, talent, knowledge, and experience to ensure you get the result you deserve. Often, dishonest insurance companies will try to take advantage of your anxiousness as medical bills start piling up and you miss continuous time off work. They act nicely because they want you to settle quickly. That is why you should never settle a case before speaking to a Bolivar, MO personal injury lawyer. We have seen every trick in the book that insurance companies will utilize to lessen your compensation. Insurance adjusters are experienced negotiators and recognize that this is likely the first time you have to settle an injury claim. The Bolivar, MO personal injury attorneys at Burger Law fight back against resistant insurance companies. The insurance companies fear us because they realize we take on and win the tough cases.
Beyond standing up to bullies like resistant insurance companies, you can expect your dedicated and determined Burger Law Bolivar, MO personal injury lawyer to stand by your side every step of the way. We begin working on your case immediately. We handle all documentation, communication and litigation and will keep you in the loop throughout the whole legal process. When you first hire our Bolivar, MO personal injury lawyers, we immediately work to diligently collect evidence and interview eyewitnesses and Bolivar, MO experts. We examine every aspect of your case to establish negligence and calculate the exact dollar amount of your damages. If you have been injured because of another person's negligence or reckless actions in Bolivar, MO, there is no time to delay. Missouri Revised Statute § 516.120 sets a five-year deadline for the filing of all lawsuits seeking a legal remedy for an “injury to a person.”
What Kind of Compensation Can a Bolivar, MO Personal Injury Attorney Help Recover?
Your Bolivar, MO personal injury lawyer will aggressively pursue maximum compensation for the full scope of your damages – emotional and financial. At Burger Law, we are not content to just have you reimbursed for your property damage and current medical bills. Catastrophic injuries do not just affect your finances, they have an impact on your loved ones, your ability to enjoy life and your ability to carry out standard daily tasks in Bolivar, MO. You deserve to be compensated for every way that your injury has affected your life.
Generally speaking, in Missouri there are two types of damages your Bolivar, MO personal injury lawyer can claim:
These compensate you for the money you have spent or missed out on due to your injuries. They include:
- All of your medical expenses related to the accident, such as urgent care, prescription medications, occupational therapy and assistive devices such as crutches or wheelchairs. They also include future medical expenses, such as if you had a joint replacement after your accident and will need another one in the future.
- Lost wages from not being able to work, or your loss of earning potential if your injuries prevent you from earning a living as you previously had.
- Property damage, such as damage to your vehicle in an auto accident or if something on your person was broken in a slip and fall.
- Other miscellaneous costs related to the injury such as daycare and the cost of transportation you spent going to and from medical treatments.
. If you have future medical expenses or lost earning capacity, your Bolivar, MO injury lawyer at Burger Law will utilize their network of medical professionals and economic experts to precisely value how much you are owed.
These damages are not as easy to quantify, and refer to intangible damages that impact your emotional well-being and ability to enjoy life in Bolivar, MO. These include, but are not limited to:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
While a resistant insurance company may try to downplay your noneconomic damages in an effort to minimize your payout, your Burger Law personal injury lawyer in Bolivar, MO has seen firsthand the profound impact these injuries can have on your life. We will insist that you get the complete financial recovery you are entitled to.
In cases of especially egregious negligence or misconduct, punitive damages may also be available. For example, when we sue drunk drivers near Bolivar, MO, we do it so they know exactly how dangerous their actions were.
How To Choose The Right Personal Injury Lawyer For Me
How do you determine which personal injury lawyer is right for you? As yo …
How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim?
Do you know how long you have to file a personal injury claim? Or when th …
When to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer
When To Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer. Accidents and injuries are always …
What Are Some Common Types of Bolivar, MO Personal Injury Cases?
- Car, Truck, Bus and Motorcycle Accidents
- Slip and Fall Accidents
- Medical Malpractice
- Wrongful Death
Motor vehicle crashes are the most typical variety of claims that Bolivar, MO personal injury attorneyswitness. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's motor vehicle accident statistics, in 2019 more than 36,000 people died in auto wrecks in the United States, and another 2.5 million were had to go to the emergency room, resulting in $56 billion in medical costs and lost wages nationwide.
Falling is the leading cause of emergency room visits in the US, accounting for about 8 millions trips a year. Slip and falls constitute 1 million, or 12 percent of those visits. They are also the leading cause of workers' compensation cases and account for the most time off work.
While errors can happen in the medical field, Bolivar, MO doctors and other medical professionals are still required to meet a standard of care. When that standard is not met, you may have a medical malpractice case.
Your Bolivar, MO personal injury lawyer at Burger Law knows that nothing is more painful than when a loved one is taken from us too soon. There are a lot of causes of wrongful death, but your Bolivar, MO personal injury attorney at Burger Law will help ensure that your financial future is protected and secure and that you get the support you need.
Reach Out to a Burger Law Personal Injury Attorney in Bolivar, MO
Never settle for less than you deserve. Whether it is some other personal injury attorney trying to finagle you to hire them or a meager offer from an insurance company, do not settle. Burger Law has experienced, tenacious and steadfast Bolivar, MO personal injury attorneys ready to stand by your side and fight for your rights throughout your case.