Personal Injury Attorney California, MO
Personal injury attorney California, MO. Were you seriously injured in an accident caused by someone else’s negligent or reckless actions in California, MO? If so, you need to talk to a California, MO personal injury attorney immediately. Call the St. Louis-based law firm of Burger Law right away at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online for a free, confidential, no-obligation case review.
The Burger Law legal team fights for your rights and demands a full recovery in your California, MO personal injury claim. Our personal injury lawyers have successfully recovered over $200 million in settlement and trial results for our clients, including a multi-year legal battle resulting in a trial verdict of $113 million. While your personal injury claim cannot undo the pain you have sustained, compensation can help you and your family’s future during this difficult time. Our personal injury attorneys will not stop until we obtain complete compensation for your injuries.
If you or someone you love were seriously injured in an accident because of someone else’s recklessness in California, MO, see how much your claim might be worth with our free personal injury calculator.
Do I Need a Personal Injury Attorney in California, MO?
Injuries happen, and they happen in a variety of circumstances in California, MO. There are many reasons that another person's negligence and recklessness can cause you harm, and when that takes place an accomplished and trustworthy Burger Law personal injury attorney in California, MO is here to stand up and fight for you. We have seen every type of personal injury case in California, MO, and understand exactly what to do to protect your future and get you the full compensation you are owed. Never settle before talking with a California, MO personal injury attorney first.
In most instances, there are four reasons you should secure a personal injury attorney after you were injured:
You Sustained Significant Injuries or Injuries That Require Ongoing Care in California, MO
If your injuries call for assistive devices like crutches or a wheelchair, will involve ongoing physical therapy and treatments or have an effect on your ability to work and make a living in the future, you need to hire a personal injury attorney in California, MO so the full scope of your damages is paid for.
The California, MO personal injury lawyers at Burger Law have substantial medical knowledge and connections with a network of doctors and other medical experts, as well. Research by Insurance Research Institute showed that people who are represented by personal injury lawyers are more likely to get the full medical care they need. Receiving the right medical care also enhances the value of your case.
The Insurance Company Is Not Being Fair
Despite being obligated to pay you for their client’s negligence, insurance companies are after one thing – a profit. They want to pay you as little money as possible. Insurance companies are large, for-profit businesses, and often have shareholders who will not be happy if they pay out numerous claims. Insurance adjusters are professionals when it comes to denying or minimizing claims.
Some of the tricks and tactics insurance companies use to devalue claims are:
- Attempting to get you to settle quickly, before you realize the full extent of your injuries
- Offering false sympathy
- Attempting to shift blame for the accident on you
- Telling you lies, such as:
- Telling you your medical care was unnecessary
- Telling you that they do not have to pay for medical care because you have insurance
- Saying they do not have to pay for lost wages because you had unused vacation time
- Telling you an attorney will cost more money than they are worth
According to research by Forbes, insurance companies are less likely to deny claims when individuals hire an attorney. They know they can take advantage of a lot of individuals, but an experienced California, MO personal injury attorney at Burger Law will make them realize you are serious about getting full compensation.
There is Disagreement Over Who Is At Fault in the California, MO Accident
Many individuals who act negligently do not want to take responsibility for their actions. After all, if they admit they were at fault in a California, MO accident, their insurance premium will rise. Burger Law knows how to hold negligent parties accountable. If the other party is disputing fault, our personal injury attorney in California, MO will investigate all the facts and take official depositions to prove negligence.
There Are Other Complications to the Case
Sometimes, multiple individuals can be at fault, as not every California, MO personal injury case is cut and dry. For example, if a bar knowingly overserves a drunk driver you may be able to It may be tempting to accept a settlement after an accident from a big insurance company or the negligent parties involved. However, it is crucial for a personal injury attorney to ensure your compensation is fair. Here are a few ways we prove a claim of negligence in California, MO:
- Duty of Care: We as a society have a moral duty of care in everyday life. Proving that there is a duty of care – essentially that the other party has an obligation to value your safety – is the initial step in proving negligence. Examples include another motorist, a doctor whose care you were under or a proprietor who needs to keep their property free of hazards.
- Breach of Duty: Another step for proving negligence is showing how an entity breached their duty of care. That they did not hold up their end of the bargain. Was the California, MO other motorist looking at their phone? The driver knew they were supposed to stop, yet breached their duty of care by not doing so. Did a California, MO doctor not get your consent before a certain treatment? Did the property manager in California, MO know of a broken step on a stairs but not take steps to fix it?.
- Causation: Causation is simply what caused the breach, like a driver in California, MO knowing they are going too fast. This is the reckless and negligent act that breaches any expected duty of care.
- Damages: Lastly, there must be financial repercussions. Demonstrating losses is essential in a personal injury case. This can be financial loss like lost wages or medical expenses, or the physical and mental repercussions you have faced as a result of the other party's negligence. Burger Law's California, MO personal injury attorneys will calculate short and long-term damages for our clients.
What Should I Expect From a California, MO Personal Injury Attorney?
The Burger Law personal injury attorneys have the knowledge, experience, skill and dedication to ensure you get the result you deserve. Frequently, dishonest insurance companies will attempt to take advantage of your fear and anxiety as medical bills start piling up and you miss continuous time off work. They want you to settle quickly, so they act like your friend. That is why you should never settle a case prior to speaking to a California, MO personal injury lawyer. We have seen every tactic in the book that insurance companies will throw at you to diminish your compensation. Insurance adjusters are experienced negotiators and recognize that this is likely the first time you have to settle an injury claim. The California, MO personal injury lawyers at Burger Law fight back against resistant insurance companies. The insurance companies fear us because they realize we take on the tough cases and win.
Along with standing up to bullies like resistant insurance companies, you can expect your dedicated and determined Burger Law California, MO personal injury lawyer to stand by your side throughout the life of your claim. We begin working on your case immediately. We handle all documentation, communication and litigation and keep you in the loop throughout the whole legal process. When you first hire our California, MO personal injury attorneys, we immediately work to diligently procure evidence and interview eyewitnesses and California, MO experts. We comb through every aspect of your case to establish negligence and calculate the precise dollar amount of your damages. If you have been injured due to another person's negligence or reckless actions in California, MO, there is no time to delay. Missouri Revised Statute § 516.120 sets a five-year deadline for the filing of all lawsuits seeking compensation for an “injury to a person.”
How Much Compensation Can I Receive for My Injuries in in California, MO?
Your California, MO personal injury lawyer will aggressively pursue maximum compensation for the full scope of your damages – financial and emotional. At Burger Law, we are not content to just have you reimbursed for your property damage and current medical bills. Devastating injuries do not just affect your finances, they have an impact on your family, your ability to enjoy life and your ability to carry out standard daily tasks in California, MO. You deserve to be compensated for every way that your injury has affected your life.
Generally speaking, in Missouri there are two types of damages your California, MO personal injury lawyer can claim:
These damages are the money you have spent or missed out on due to your injuries. They include:
- Any medical bills you incurred because of the accident, such as urgent care, prescription medications, physical therapy and assistive devices such as home or vehicle modification. They also include future medical expenses, such as if you had a knee replacement after your accident and will need another one in the future.
- Lost wages from the hours you lost out on because of your injuries, or your loss of earning potential if your injuries prevent you from earning a living the way you are used to.
- Property damage, such as damage to your vehicle in an auto accident or if something on your person was broken in a slip and fall.
- Out-of-pocket costs related to the injury such as daycare and the cost of transportation you spent going to and from medical treatments.
. If you have future medical expenses or lost earning potential, your California, MO injury lawyer at Burger Law will use testimony from expert medical and economic witnesses to accurately value how much you need to be paid.
These damages are not as easy to quantify, and refer to intangible damages that impact your emotional well-being and ability to enjoy life in California, MO. These include, but are not limited to:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
While a resistant insurance company may try to downplay your noneconomic damages in an effort to minimize your payout, your Burger Law personal injury lawyer in California, MO has seen firsthand the profound impact these injuries can have on your life. We will insist that you get the complete financial recovery you are entitled to.
In some cases of especially egregious negligence or misconduct in California, MO, you may also be able to receive punitive damages, which seek to punish the defendant and deter future recklessness. Punitive damages are only awarded in extreme cases that show wanton disregard for the safety of others, like drunk driving. Your California, MO personal injury lawyer will explain to you all of your legal options and demand that you get the full compensation you are entitled to.
How To Choose The Right Personal Injury Lawyer For Me
How do you determine which personal injury lawyer is right for you? As yo …
How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim?
Do you know how long you have to file a personal injury claim? Or when th …
When to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer
When To Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer. Accidents and injuries are always …
What Are the Common Types of California, MO Personal Injury Cases?
- Car, Truck, Bus and Motorcycle Accidents
- Slip and Fall Accidents
- Medical Malpractice
- Wrongful Death
Motor vehicle collisions are the most typical variety of claims that California, MO personal injury attorneyswitness. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's motor vehicle accident statistics, in 2019 over 36,000 people died in motor vehicle collisions in the United States, and another 2.5 million were visited the emergency room, resulting in $56 billion in medical costs and lost wages nationwide.
Falling is the leading cause of emergency room visits in the US, with about 8 millions trips a year. Slip and falls make up 1 million, or 12 percent of those trips. They are also the leading cause of workers' compensation cases and account for the most days missed from work.
While mistakes can occur in the medical world, California, MO doctors and other medical professionals are still held to a standard of care. When that standard is not met, you may have a medical malpractice case.
Your California, MO personal injury lawyer at Burger Law knows that nothing is more painful than when a loved one is taken from us too soon. There can be many causes of wrongful death, but your California, MO personal injury attorney at Burger Law will help make sure that your financial future is protected and secure and that you receive the aid you need.
Contact a Burger Law Personal Injury Attorney in California, MO
Never settle for less than you deserve. No matter if it is some other personal injury attorney trying to plot and scheme you into hiring them or a paltry offer from an insurance company, do not settle. Burger Law has knowledgeable, tenacious and resolute California, MO personal injury lawyers ready and willing to stand by your side and fight for your rights throughout your case.