Personal Injury AttorneyCarlinville, IL
Have you been in an accident? Are you looking for legal representation and do not know what to do? Burger Law is here to help.
Our Carlinville, IL, Personal Injury Attorneys at Burger Law provide legal services to victims and their families in the Greater St. Louis area and beyond. It is important to our firm to help people get the compensation and assistance they need after an accident. Our Carlinville, IL, Personal Injury Attorneys can ensure you get the legal help you need. Feel free to contact Burger Law now for more information.
Choosing the right personal injury firm in Carlinville, IL, is an important decision. Our lawyers' goal is to win full recovery over your settlement. This may include special and general damages for your case like loss of income, property damages, medical treatment, pain and suffering, and others. We will cover this in more detail later on. Reach out to Burger Law and your Carlinville, IL, personal injury lawyers today if you might have a case.
Do You Have a Personal Injury Case?
Burger Law has won millions for Carlinville, IL, personal injury clients. Many of these cases involve vehicle-related accidents, worker's compensation, medical malpractice claims, premise liability, and other types of claims. Personal injury is a broad case-type that can involve any number of injuries. Nursing home abuse, motorcycle accidents, consumer protection, birth injuries: If there are financial damages, you might have a claim.
Our personal injury attorneys in Carlinville, IL, will assess your case. If there are financial damages, it is important to receive quality legal support. A serious injury may lead to serious repercussions. If, for instance, you have high medical bills, can no longer work, and are struggling due to an injury, you probably have a valid claim.
Common accident claims we firm works with include the following:
Our Carlinville personal injury attorneys are available 24/7 and offer guidance on how to proceed after an injury. We bill on contingency, which means that if we do not win a claim, you do not pay any legal fees. If you have questions about your case, the damages you may be able to recover, or other questions regarding personal injury claims, call our Personal Injury Attorneys in Carlinville, IL, immediately at 314-542-2222 or 618-272-2222 if you are in the 62626 area.
Damages for Personal Injury Cases
One of the important factors in a personal injury case is determining negligence. It may be tempting to accept a settlement after an accident from an big insurance company or the negligent parties involved. However, it is important for our Carlinville, IL, injury attorneys to make sure your compensation is fair and justified. Here are a few objectives for proving you have a legitimate case:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: We as a society have a moral "duty of care" in everyday life. Proving there is a duty of care is a good main step in proving negligence after an incident. For example, it is a business owner's "duty" to protect his or her customers from harm, like fixing protruding nails or a dangerous stairway. The same goes for truck drivers, giant corporations, and others.
- Breach: Another step for proving negligence is showing how a person or entity "breached" their duty of care. A good example is a driver that ignores a stop sign and crashes into another car or pedestrian. The driver knew they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not stopping.
- Causation: Causation is what caused the breach, like a store owner knowingly ignoring a dangerous situation. This is the negligent act that breaches the duty of care.
- Damages: Lastly, there must be financial repercussions. Financial harm might include rehabilitation, lost wages, and other expenses. Burger Law's Carlinville personal injury attorneys will consider short and long-term damages for our clients.
It is important to contact a skilled personal injury attorney if you need (or do not know if you need) legal representation. Burger Law has a strong track record for providing just that and winning cases.
A few resources about injury law that you may find useful include:
- Frequently Asked Legal Questions
- Client Testimonials
- Video Archives
- How to Choose a Law Firm
- Our Blog
Burger Law is made up of a team of personal injury attorneys who proudly serve the Greater St. Louis area with the highest standard of representation, litigation, guidance, and support. Gary Burger and his associates are dedicated to recovering compensation to help injury victims and their families to cover medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. At Burger Law, we understand how severe injuries can negatively impact your mental, physical, and financial health, and we are prepared to stand with you through the entirety of your case from medical care to insurance and employer issues.
From car accidents and slips and falls to medical malpractice and a $113 Million Verdict by the MO Department of Corrections, our firm has the experience you need to win.
How To Choose The Right Personal Injury Lawyer For Me
How do you determine which personal injury lawyer is right for you? As yo …
How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim?
Do you know how long you have to file a personal injury claim? Or when th …
When to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer
When To Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer. Accidents and injuries are always …
Your Personal Injury Attorneys in Carlinville, IL
It can be overwhelming if you are in an accident. It is important to stay calm and collected — below are a few things to keep in mind if you have been in an accident:
A frequently asked question is "Will my claim go to court." This is a possibility. However, this is rare if the case is properly managed. It is often cited that around five percent of tort (personal injury) cases ever make it to a courtroom. Burger Law's Carlinville, IL, personal injury attorneys will investigate your case and see if this is a possibility — we are not afraid to escalate a claim and take it to court.
There are three simple types of personal injury (tort) cases:
- An "Intentional Tort." This consists of assault, battery, fraud, trespassing, defamation, and other criminal-like behavior.
- Negligence Torts are the most common. This includes car and truck accidents, medical malpractice, workplace injuries, dog bites, and others.
- Strict Liability torts are usually very clear. This may include defective products, animal attacks, and other (obvious) dangerous activities.
Burger Law's Carlinville, IL, personal injury attorneys are ready and willing to take your case to ensure optimal compensation for your injuries. Do not hesitate to contact us now to speak with an actual lawyer.
There is no obligation. Feel free to talk to us without worrying about up-front fees. Our personal injury attorneys in Carlinville, IL, defend victims and their families and ensure they get the compensation they deserve.
Get Help Today
Injury claims typically rely on the legal theory of negligence or fault. This allows victims to seek compensation. This is not easy to do on your own. Let Burger Law give you the legal support you need. Contact our Personal Injury Attorneys in Carlinville, IL, now for a consultation and case review.