Personal Injury AttorneyCarrolton, IL
Have you been in an accident? Are you looking for legal representation and do not know what to do? Burger Law is here to help.
Our Carrolton, IL, Personal Injury Attorneys at Burger Law have provided legal representation to clients throughout the Midwest. It is important for our firm to help people get the compensation and assistance they need after an accident. Our Carrolton, IL, Personal Injury Attorneys can make sure you get the legal help you deserve. Do not hesitate to contact our firm today if you have any questions.
Picking the right personal injury firm in Carrolton, IL, is an important decision. It is our job to make sure you are fully compensated for your injuries. This includes general and special damages for your case such as hospital bills, loss of enjoyment, lost income, emotional distress, and others. We will get into this in more detail further down this page. Reach out to our firm and your Carrolton, IL, personal injury lawyers today if you think you might have a claim.
Do You Have a Personal Injury Case?
Burger Law has won millions for Carrolton, IL, personal injury victims. Many of these cases involve car accidents, medical malpractice, product liability, slips and falls, worker's compensation, and others. Personal injury is a wide case-type that involves any number of injuries. Birth injuries, wrongful death, nursing home abuse, swimming pool accidents: If there are financial damages, you may have a claim.
Our personal injury attorneys in Carrolton, IL, will assess your case. If there are financial damages, it is essential that you get the legal support you need. A serious injury can lead to serious repercussions. If, for instance, you have high medical bills, can no longer work, and are struggling due to an injury, you probably have a valid claim.
Common injury cases our firm works with include:
Our Carrolton personal injury attorneys are available 24/7 and can offer advice on how to proceed after an injury. We bill on contingency, which means that if we do not win a case, you do not pay anything. If you have questions about your case, the damages you may be able to recover, or other questions regarding personal injury claims, call our Personal Injury Attorneys in Carrolton, IL, now at 314-542-2222 or 618-272-2222 if you are in the 62016 area.
Compensation for Personal Injury Claims
One of the important factors in a personal injury case is determining negligence. You may be able to get a quick and easy insurance payout (settlement). This can be tempting. However, it is important for our Carrolton, IL, injury attorneys to make sure your compensation is fair and justified. Here are a few objectives for proving you have a legitimate case:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: People have a moral "duty of care" in everyday life. Proving that there is a duty of care is the main step in proving negligence after an incident. For example, it is a business owner's "duty" to protect their customers from harm, such as fixing faulty wiring or a loose handrail. The same goes for truck drivers, big corporations, and others.
- Breach: Another step in proving negligence is showing how an entity "breached" their duty of care. A good example is a driver who ignores a stop sign and crashes into another car or pedestrian. They know they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not stopping.
- Causation: Causation is what caused the breach, like a driver knowing they're going too fast. This is the negligent act that breaches the duty of care.
- Damages: Lastly, there must be financial repercussions. Financial harm may include lost wages, medical bills, and other expenses. Our Carrolton personal injury lawyers will consider short and long-term damages for our clients.
It is important to contact a skilled personal injury lawyer if you need (or do not know if you need) help. Burger Law has a strong track record for providing just that and winning cases.
A few resources about personal injury law that you may find useful include:
- Frequently Asked Legal Questions
- Client Testimonials
- Video Archives
- How to Choose a Law Firm
- Our Blog
Burger Law consists of a team of personal injury lawyers who proudly serve the Greater St. Louis area with the highest standard of representation, litigation, guidance, and support. Gary Burger and his associates are dedicated to recovering compensation to help injury victims and their families in order to cover medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. At Burger Law, we understand how severe injuries can negatively impact your mental, physical, and financial health, and we are prepared to stand with you through the entirety of your case from medical care to insurance and employer issues.
From semi-truck accidents and product liability to worker's compensation cases and a $113 Million Verdict by the MO Department of Corrections, Burger Law has the experience you need to win.
How To Choose The Right Personal Injury Lawyer For Me
How do you determine which personal injury lawyer is right for you? As yo …
How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim?
Do you know how long you have to file a personal injury claim? Or when th …
When to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer
When To Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer. Accidents and injuries are always …
Your Personal Injury Attorneys in Carrolton, IL
It can be overwhelming if you are in an accident. It is essential to stay calm — below are a few things to keep in mind if you have been in an accident:
A frequently asked question is "Will my claim go to court." This is a possibility. However, this is not a likely scenario if the claim is properly managed. It is often cited that around five percent of tort (personal injury) cases ever end up in a courtroom. Our Carrolton, IL, personal injury attorneys will investigate your case and see if this is a possibility — we are not afraid to escalate a claim and take it to court.
There are three basic types of personal injury (tort) cases:
- An "Intentional Tort." This consists of assault, battery, fraud, trespassing, defamation, and other criminal-like behavior.
- Negligence Torts are the most common. This includes car and truck accidents, medical malpractice, workplace injuries, dog bites, and others.
- Strict Liability torts are often cut and dry. This may include defective products, animal attacks, and other (obvious) dangerous activities.
Burger Law's Carrolton, IL, personal injury attorneys are ready and willing to take your case to ensure optimal compensation for your injuries. Do not hesitate to contact us today to speak with an actual attorney.
There is no obligation. Feel free to talk to us without worrying about fees. Our personal injury attorneys in Carrolton, IL, defend victims and their families and ensure they are fairly compensated.
Get Help Now
Injury claims usually rely on negligence and fault. This allows people to seek compensation. This is not easy to do on your own. Let our firm give you the legal support you deserve. Contact our Personal Injury Attorneys in Carrolton, IL, today for a consultation and case review.