Personal Injury AttorneyChatham, IL
Have you been in an accident? Are you looking for legal representation and do not know what to do? Burger Law is here to help.
Our Chatham, IL, Personal Injury Attorneys at Burger Law have provided legal representation to clients throughout the Midwest. It is important to our firm to help people get the compensation and assistance they need after an accident. Burger Law's Chatham, IL, Personal Injury Attorneys can ensure you get the legal assistance you need. Feel free to contact Burger Law now for more information.
Selecting the right personal injury firm in Chatham, IL, is an important decision. It is our job to make sure you are fully compensated for your injuries. This includes general and special damages for your case such as loss of income, property damages, medical treatment, pain and suffering, and others. We will get into this in more detail later on. Reach out to our firm and your Chatham, IL, personal injury lawyers today if you might have a case.
Do You Have a Personal Injury Claim?
Burger Law has won millions for Chatham, IL, injury victims. Many of these cases involve vehicle-related accidents, worker's compensation, medical malpractice claims, premise liability, and other types of claims. Personal injury is a wide case-type that involves any number of injuries. Nursing home abuse, motorcycle accidents, consumer protection, birth injuries: If there are financial damages, you may have a claim.
Our personal injury lawyers in Chatham, IL, will consider your case. If there are financial damages, it is important to receive quality legal support. A serious injury may lead to serious repercussions. If, for instance, you have high medical bills, can no longer work, and are struggling due to an injury, you probably have a valid claim.
Common injury claims our firm works with include the following:
Our Chatham personal injury attorneys are available 24/7 and offer advice on how to proceed after an injury. We bill on contingency, which means that if we do not win a claim, you do not pay any legal fees. If you have questions about your case, the damages you may be able to recover, or other questions regarding personal injury claims, call our Personal Injury Attorneys in Chatham, IL, now at 314-542-2222 or 618-272-2222 if you are in the 62536 area.
Compensation for Personal Injury Claims
One of the important factors in a personal injury case is determining negligence. You may be able to get a quick and easy insurance payout (settlement). This can be tempting. However, it is important for our Chatham, IL, injury attorneys to make sure your compensation is fair. Here are a few ways we go about proving a claim:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: People have a moral "duty of care" in everyday life. Proving that there is a duty of care is a good main step in proving negligence after an incident. For instance, it is a business owner's "duty" to protect his or her patrons from harm, like fixing a hole in the floor or faulty wiring. The same goes for truck drivers, big corporations, and others.
- Breach: The next step in proving negligence is showing how an entity "breached" their duty of care. A good example is a driver who ignores a stop sign and crashes into another car or pedestrian. They know they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not stopping.
- Causation: Causation is simply what caused the breach, like a driver knowing they're going too fast. This is the negligent act that breaches any expected duty of care.
- Damages: Lastly, there must be financial repercussions. Financial harm may include lost wages, medical bills, and other expenses. Burger Law's Chatham personal injury attorneys will consider short and long-term damages for our clients.
It is important to contact a qualified personal injury lawyer if you need (or do not know if you need) help. Burger Law has a strong track record for providing just that and winning cases.
A few resources about injury law that you may find useful include:
- Frequently Asked Legal Questions
- Client Testimonials
- Video Archives
- How to Choose a Law Firm
- Our Blog
Burger Law consists of a team of personal injury lawyers who proudly serve the Greater St. Louis area with the highest standard of representation, litigation, guidance, and support. Gary Burger and his associates are dedicated to recovering compensation to help injury victims and their families in order to cover medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. At Burger Law, we understand how severe injuries can negatively impact your mental, physical, and financial health, and we are prepared to stand with you through the entirety of your case from medical care to insurance and employer issues.
From semi-truck accidents and product liability to worker's compensation cases and a $113 Million Verdict by the MO Department of Corrections, our firm has the skill-set you need to win.
How To Choose The Right Personal Injury Lawyer For Me
How do you determine which personal injury lawyer is right for you? As yo …
How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim?
Do you know how long you have to file a personal injury claim? Or when th …
When to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer
When To Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer. Accidents and injuries are always …
Your Personal Injury Attorneys in Chatham, IL
It can be overwhelming if you are in an accident. It is essential to stay calm and collected — below are a few things to keep in mind if you have been in an accident:
Our attorneys are often asked by clients if their claim will have to go to court. This is a possibility. However, this is not a likely scenario if the case is properly managed. It is often cited that about five percent of tort (personal injury) cases ever end up in a courtroom. Burger Law's Chatham, IL, personal injury attorneys will investigate your case and see if this is a possibility — our lawyers are not scared to escalate a claim and take it to court.
There are three simple types of personal injury (tort) cases:
- An "Intentional Tort." This consists of assault, battery, fraud, trespassing, defamation, and other criminal-like behavior.
- Negligence Torts are the most common. This includes car and truck accidents, medical malpractice, workplace injuries, dog bites, and others.
- Strict Liability torts are very very clear. This may include defective products, animal attacks, and other (obvious) dangerous activities.
Burger Law's Chatham, IL, personal injury attorneys are ready and willing to take your case to ensure optimal compensation for your injuries. Do not hesitate to contact us today to speak with an actual lawyer.
- Car Accident Attorney in Illinois
- Premises Liability Lawyer in Illinois
- Truck Accident Law Firm in Illinois
- Car Crash Lawyer in Illinois
- Personal Injury Attorney in Illinois
There is no obligation. Feel free to talk to us without worrying about payment. Our personal injury attorneys in Chatham, IL, defend victims and their families and ensure they get the compensation they deserve.
Get Help Today
Accident claims usually rely on the legal theory of negligence or fault. This allows victims to seek compensation. This is not easy to do on your own. Let Burger Law give you the legal representation you deserve. Contact our Personal Injury Attorneys in Chatham, IL, now for a consultation and case review.