Personal Injury Attorney Clayton, MO
Personal injury attorney Clayton, MO. Were you seriously injured in an accident caused by another person’s reckless or negligent behavior in Clayton, MO? If so, you should speak with a Clayton, MO personal injury attorney immediately. Call the St. Louis-based law firm of Burger Law as soon as possible at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online for a free, confidential, no-obligation consultation.
The Burger Law legal team fights for your rights and demands a full recovery in your Clayton, MO personal injury claim. Our personal injury lawyers have successfully recovered over $200 million in settlement and trial results for our clients, including a multi-year legal battle resulting in a trial verdict of $113 million. While your personal injury claim cannot undo the pain you have sustained, compensation can help you and your family’s future during this difficult time. Our personal injury attorneys will not stop until we obtain complete compensation for your injuries.
If you or a loved one were seriously injured in an accident due to someone else’s carelessness in Clayton, MO, see how much your claim may be worth with our free personal injury calculator.
When Do I Need to Hire a Personal Injury Attorney in Clayton, state]?
Injuries occur, and they unfortunately occur in a variety of circumstances in Clayton, MO. There are many reasons that another person's negligence and recklessness can cause damages, and when that occurs an accomplished and trustworthy Burger Law personal injury attorney in Clayton, MO is here to fight for you. We have seen every type of personal injury case in Clayton, MO, and understand exactly what to do to protect your future and get you the full compensation you are owed. Do not settle prior to speaking to a Clayton, MO personal injury lawyer first.
For the most part, there are four reasons you should hire a personal injury attorney after you were injured:
You Sustained Significant Injuries or Injuries That Require Long-Term Care and Treatment in Clayton, MO
If your injuries require assistive devices like crutches or a wheelchair, will involve long-term physical therapy and treatments or impact your ability to work and earn a living in the future, you need to hire a personal injury lawyer in Clayton, MO so the full range of your injuries is paid for.
The Clayton, MO personal injury lawyers at Burger Law have substantial medical knowledge and connections with a network of doctors and other medical experts, as well. Research by Insurance Research Institute showed that people who are represented by personal injury attorneys are more likely to receive the full medical care they need. Getting the right medical care also enhances the value of your case.
The Insurance Company Is Not Being Fair
Despite being obligated to pay you for their client’s reckless behavior, insurance companies are after one thing – a profit. They want to pay you as little money as possible. Insurance companies are for-profit businesses, and frequently have shareholders who will be upset if they pay out numerous claims. Insurance adjusters are experienced when it comes to minimizing or denying claims.
Some of the tricks and tactics insurance companies use to devalue claims are:
- Trying to get you to settle quickly, before you realize the full extent of your injuries
- Offering false sympathy
- Aiming to shift blame for the accident on you
- Telling you lies, such as:
- Saying that your medical care was unnecessary
- Telling you that they do not have to pay for medical care because you have insurance
- Telling you that they do not have to pay for lost wages because you had unused vacation time
- Saying a lawyer will cost more money than they are worth
According to a study by Forbes, insurance companies are far less likely to deny claims when individuals hire a lawyer. They realize they can prey on a lot of people, but a knowledgeable Clayton, MO personal injury attorney at Burger Law will make them realize you are intent on getting complete compensation.
There is Disagreement Over Who Is At Fault in the Clayton, MO Accident
Some people who act carelessly and negligently do not want to take responsibility for their behavior. After all, if they own up to fault in a Clayton, MO accident, their insurance premium will rise. If the other party is disputing fault, a personal injury lawyer in Clayton, MO will investigate all the facts and take official depositions to prove negligence. Burger Law knows how to hold negligent parties accountable.
There Are Other Complications to the Case
Sometimes, multiple people can be at fault, as not every Clayton, MO personal injury case is cut and dry. As an example, if a bar knowingly overserves a drunk driver you may be able to sue both the drunk driver and bar. Here are a few ways we prove a claim of negligence in Clayton, MO:
- Duty of Care: We as a society have a moral duty of care in everyday life. Proving that there is a duty of care – essentially that the other party has a duty to value your safety – is the initial step in proving negligence. Examples include another driver in a car, a healthcare professional you established a doctor-patient relationship with or a property owner who needs to keep their property free of hazards.
- Breach of Duty: Another step for proving negligence is showing how an entity breached their duty of care. That they failed or were negligent in that duty. Was the Clayton, MO driver going to fast? The driver knew they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not doing so. Did a Clayton, MO doctor not run all the tests they should have to confirm a diagnosis? Was the Clayton, MO landlord aware of a loose floorboard but not take steps to repair it?.
- Causation: Causation is simply what caused the breach, much like that driver in Clayton, MO knowing they are going too fast. This is the reckless and negligent act that breaches any expected duty of care.
- Damages: Finally, there must be financial repercussions. In any personal injury case, you must demonstrate that you sustained losses. That can be emergency room bills, or the physical and mental repercussions you have faced as a result of the other party's negligence. Burger Law's Clayton, MO personal injury lawyers will calculate short and long-term damages for our clients.
What Should I Expect From a Clayton, MO Personal Injury Attorney?
The Burger Law personal injury attorneys have the dedication, talent, knowledge, and experience to make sure you get the case result you deserve. Often, dishonest insurance companies will attempt to take advantage of your fear and anxiety as medical bills start piling up and you miss more and more time off work. They want you to settle quickly, so they behave like your friend. That is the reason you should always speak to a Clayton, MO personal injury lawyer first before settling a case. We have seen every tactic in the book that insurance companies will utilize to lessen your compensation. Insurance adjusters are experienced negotiators and recognize that this is likely the first time you have to settle an injury claim. The Clayton, MO personal injury attorneys at Burger Law fight back against resistant insurance companies. The insurance companies are afraid of us because they know we take on and win the tough cases.
In addition to standing up to bullies like resistant insurance companies, you can expect your determined and dedicated Burger Law Clayton, MO personal injury lawyer to stand by your side throughout the life of your claim. We begin working on your case immediately. We handle all documentation, communication and litigation and will keep you informed throughout the entire legal process. When you hire our Clayton, MO personal injury attorneys, we immediately and diligently collect evidence and record official statements from eyewitnesses and Clayton, MO experts. We examine every aspect of your case to establish negligence and calculate the exact dollar amount of your damages. If you have been injured because of someone else's negligence or reckless actions in Clayton, MO, there is no time to delay. Missouri Revised Statute § 516.120 sets a five-year deadline for the filing of all lawsuits seeking compensation for an “injury to a person.”
What Kind of Compensation Can a Clayton, MO Personal Injury Attorney Help Recover?
Your Clayton, MO personal injury lawyer will aggressively pursue maximum compensation for the full scope of your damages – emotional and financial. At Burger Law, we are not content to just have you reimbursed for your property damage and current medical bills. Devastating injuries do not just affect your finances, they have an impact on your family, your ability to enjoy life and your ability to carry out standard day-to-day tasks in Clayton, MO. You deserve to be compensated for every way that your injury has affected your life.
Generally speaking, in Missouri there are two types of damages your Clayton, MO personal injury lawyer can claim:
These damages are your direct financial losses. They include:
- Any medical bills you incurred because of the accident, such as emergency room bills, any surgeries, occupational therapy and assistive devices such as crutches or wheelchairs. They also include future medical expenses, such as if you had a knee replacement because of your injuries and will need another one in the future.
- Lost wages from the hours you lost out on because of your injuries, or your loss of earning capacity if your injuries prevent you from earning a living the way you are used to.
- Property damage, such as damage to your vehicle in an auto accident or if your cell phone was broken in a slip and fall.
- Other miscellaneous expenses related to the injury such as daycare and the cost of transportation you spent going to and from medical treatments.
. If you have future medical expenses or lost earning potential, your Clayton, MO injury lawyer at Burger Law will use testimony from expert medical and economic witnesses to precisely value how much you need to be paid.
These damages are not as easy to quantify, and refer to intangible damages that impact your emotional well-being and ability to enjoy life in Clayton, MO. These include, but are not limited to:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
Your Burger Law personal injury lawyer in Clayton, MO has seen firsthand the profound impact these injuries can have on your life, despite the fact that a resistant insurance company might try to downplay your noneconomic damages to minimize your payout. We will insist that you get the complete financial recovery you are owed.
In cases of especially egregious negligence or misconduct, punitive damages may also be available. For example, when we sue drunk drivers near Clayton, MO, we often seek punitive damages so they are further punished and deterred.
How To Choose The Right Personal Injury Lawyer For Me
How do you determine which personal injury lawyer is right for you? As yo …
How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim?
Do you know how long you have to file a personal injury claim? Or when th …
When to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer
When To Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer. Accidents and injuries are always …
What Are Some Common Types of Clayton, MO Personal Injury Cases?
- Car, Truck, Bus and Motorcycle Accidents
- Slip and Fall Accidents
- Medical Malpractice
- Wrongful Death
Auto wrecks are the most common sort of claims that Clayton, MO personal injury attorneyssee. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's motor vehicle accident statistics, in 2019 over 36,000 people died in motor vehicle wrecks in the United States, and another 2.5 million were had to go to the emergency room, resulting in $56 billion in medical expenses and lost wages nationwide.
Falling is the leading cause of emergency room trips in the US, accounting for about 8 millions trips per year. Slip and falls make up 1 million, or 12 percent of those visits. They are also the leading cause of workers' compensation cases and account for the most time off work.
While mistakes can occur in the medical world, Clayton, MO doctors and other medical professionals are still legally bound to a standard of care. When that standard is not met, you may have a medical malpractice case.
Your Clayton, MO personal injury lawyer at Burger Law knows that nothing is more painful than when a loved one is taken from us too soon. There can be many causes of wrongful death, but your Clayton, MO personal injury attorney at Burger Law will help ensure that your financial future is protected and secure and that you get the help you need.
Contact a Burger Law Personal Injury Attorney in Clayton, MO
No matter if it is some other personal injury attorney trying to plot and scheme you into hiring them or a paltry offer from an insurance company, do not take less than you deserve. Never settle. Burger Law has experienced, aggressive and resolute Clayton, MO personal injury attorneys ready to stand by your side and fight for your rights throughout your claim.
Give Burger Law a call as soon as possible at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online for a no-cost, confidential, no-obligation consultation with one of our qualified personal injury attorneys in Clayton, MO.</p