Personal Injury Attorney Cuba, MO
Personal injury attorney Cuba, MO. Did another person’s negligent or reckless behavior cause a preventable accident? Did this accident seriously injure you or a loved one? If so, you should speak with a Cuba, MO personal injury attorney immediately. Give the St. Louis-based law firm of Burger Law a call right now at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online for a free, confidential, no-obligation case review.
The Burger Law legal team fights for your rights and demands a full recovery in your Cuba, MO personal injury case. Our personal injury attorneys have successfully recovered over $200 million in settlement and trial results for our clients, including a multi-year legal battle resulting in a trial verdict of $113 million. While your personal injury case cannot undo the injuries and pain you have sustained, compensation can help you and your family’s future during this difficult time. Our personal injury attorneys do not stop pursuing a complete recovery for you.
If you or a loved one were seriously injured in an accident because of someone else’s negligence in Cuba, MO, see how much your claim might be worth with our free personal injury calculator.
Do I Need a Personal Injury Attorney in Cuba, MO?
Injuries happen, and they unfortunately occur in a variety of circumstances in Cuba, MO. There are many reasons that another person's recklessness and negligence can cause damages, and when that happens a trustworthy and accomplished Burger Law personal injury attorney in Cuba, MO is here to fight for you. We have seen every kind of personal injury case in Cuba, MO, and know precisely what to do to get you the full compensation you are owed and to protect your future. Do not settle prior to talking with a Cuba, MO personal injury lawyer first.
In most instances, there are four reasons you should secure a personal injury lawyer after you sustain an injury:
You Sustained Significant Injuries or Injuries That Require Ongoing Care and Treatment in Cuba, MO
If your injuries require assistive devices like crutches or a wheelchair, will involve long-term physical treatments and therapy or impact your ability to work and earn a living in the future, you need to hire a Burger Law personal injury attorney in Cuba, MO so the full range of your injuries is paid for.
The Cuba, MO personal injury lawyers at Burger Law have substantial medical knowledge and connections with a network of doctors and other medical experts, as well. Research by Insurance Research Institute showed that people who are represented by personal injury lawyers are more likely to receive the full medical treatment they need. Getting the right medical care also increases the value of your case.
The Insurance Company Is Not Being Fair
While insurance companies are obligated to pay you for their client's negligence, their real interest is in paying you as little money as possible. Insurance companies are large, for-profit businesses, and frequently have shareholders who will not be pleased if they pay out a lot of claims. Insurance adjusters are professionals when it comes to denying or minimizing claims.
Some of the tricks and tactics insurance companies use to devalue claims are:
- Attempting to get you to settle quickly, before you realize the full extent of your injuries
- Offering fake sympathy
- Trying to shift blame for the accident on you
- Lying to you, such as:
- Telling you your medical care was unnecessary
- Saying they do not have to pay for medical care because you have insurance
- Saying they do not have to pay for lost wages because you had unused vacation time
- Saying a lawyer will cost more money than they are worth
According to a study by Forbes, insurance companies are far less likely to deny claims when individuals hire an attorney. They know they can take advantage of a lot of people, but an experienced Cuba, MO personal injury attorney at Burger Law will make them realize you are serious about getting full compensation.
There is Disagreement Regarding Who Is At Fault in the Cuba, MO Accident
Some people who act negligently do not want to take responsibility for their behavior. After all, if they own up to fault in a Cuba, MO accident, their insurance premium will rise. Burger Law knows how to hold negligent parties accountable. If the other party is disputing fault, our personal injury lawyer in Cuba, MO will investigate all the facts and take official depositions to prove negligence.
There Are Other Complications to the Case
Not every Cuba, MO personal injury case is cut and dry. Sometimes, multiple people can be at fault. For example, if a bar knowingly overserves a drunk driver you may be able to It may be tempting to accept a settlement after an accident from a big insurance company or the negligent parties involved. However, it is crucial for a personal injury attorney to make sure your compensation is fair. Here are a few ways we prove a claim of negligence in Cuba, MO:
- Duty of Care: Throughout our everyday life, we have a moral duty of care to society as a whole. Proving that there is a duty of care is the first step in proving negligence in an accident. Examples include another motorist, a healthcare professional who agreed to treat you or a property owner who needs to keep their property free of hazards.
- Breach of Duty: Another step for proving negligence is showing how an entity breached their duty of care. That the party with a duty of care neglected their obligation to act reasonably. Was the Cuba, MO other motorist not looking before going through an intersection? The driver knew they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not doing so. Did a Cuba, MO doctor not refer you to a specialist when their treatment plan was not working? Was the Cuba, MO property manager aware of a loose floorboard but blow off fixing it?.
- Causation: Causation is simply what caused the breach, like a driver in Cuba, MO knowing they are going too fast. This is the careless and negligent act that breaches any expected duty of care.
- Damages: Finally, there must be financial repercussions. Demonstrating losses is essential in a personal injury case. This can be financial loss like lost wages or medical expenses, or the physical and mental repercussions you have faced as a result of the other party's negligence. Burger Law's Cuba, MO personal injury lawyers will consider short and long-term damages for our clients.
What Should I Expect From a Cuba, MO Personal Injury Attorney?
The Burger Law personal injury attorneys have the knowledge, experience, skill and dedication to ensure you get the case result you deserve. Frequently, dishonest insurance companies will attempt to take advantage of your anxiety as medical bills start piling up and you miss continuous time off work. They act friendly because they want you to settle quickly. That is the reason you should never settle a case prior to speaking to a Cuba, MO personal injury lawyer. We have seen every trick and tactic in the book that insurance companies will utilize to lessen your compensation. Insurance adjusters are experienced negotiators and recognize that this is likely the first time you have to settle an injury claim. The Cuba, MO personal injury attorneys at Burger Law fight back against resistant insurance companies. The insurance companies are afraid of us because they realize we take on and win the tough cases.
Beyond standing up to bullies like resistant insurance companies, you can expect your determined and dedicated Burger Law Cuba, MO personal injury lawyer to be by your side every step of the way. We start working on your case immediately. We handle all communication, documentation and litigation and will keep you informed throughout the whole legal process. When you first hire our Cuba, MO personal injury attorneys, we immediately work to diligently procure evidence and record official statements from eyewitnesses and Cuba, MO experts. We examine every aspect of your case to establish negligence and calculate the exact dollar amount of your damages. If you have been injured due to someone else's negligence or reckless actions in Cuba, MO, there is no time to delay. Missouri Revised Statute § 516.120 sets a five-year deadline for the filing of all lawsuits seeking compensation for an “injury to a person.”
What Kind of Compensation Can a Cuba, MO Personal Injury Attorney Help Recover?
Your Cuba, MO personal injury lawyer will aggressively pursue maximum compensation for the full scope of your damages – emotional and financial. At Burger Law, we are not content to just have you reimbursed for your property damage and current medical bills. Catastrophic injuries do not just affect your bank account, they have an impact on your family, your ability to enjoy life and your ability to carry out basic daily tasks in Cuba, MO. You deserve to be compensated for every way that your injury has affected your life.
In a Missouri personal injury claim you are generally eligible for compensation for two types of damages:
These compensate you for your direct financial losses. They include:
- Any medical bills you incurred because of the accident, such as urgent care, any surgeries, occupational therapy and assistive devices such as home or vehicle modification. They also include future medical expenses, such as if you had a knee replacement after your accident and will need another one in the future.
- Lost wages from not being able to work, or your loss of earning potential if your injuries prevent you from earning a living the way you are used to.
- Property damage, such as damage to your vehicle in an auto accident or if something on your person was broken in a slip and fall.
- Other miscellaneous costs incurred because of the injury such as household services and the cost of transportation you spent going to and from medical treatments.
. If you have future medical expenses or lost earning potential, your Cuba, MO injury lawyer at Burger Law will use testimony from expert medical and economic witnesses to precisely value how much you need to be paid.
These damages are not as easy to quantify, and refer to intangible damages that impact your emotional well-being and ability to enjoy life in Cuba, MO. These include, but are not limited to:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
While a resistant insurance company may try to downplay your noneconomic damages in an effort to minimize your payout, your Burger Law personal injury lawyer in Cuba, MO has seen firsthand the profound impact these injuries can have on your life. We will insist that you get the complete compensation you deserve.
In some claims concerning gross negligence or intentional harm in Cuba, MO, you may also be able to receive punitive damages, which seek to punish the defendant and deter future recklessness. Punitive damages are only awarded in extreme cases that show wanton disregard for the safety of others, like drunk driving. Your Cuba, MO personal injury lawyer will explain to you all of your legal options and demand that you get the full compensation you are entitled to.
How To Choose The Right Personal Injury Lawyer For Me
How do you determine which personal injury lawyer is right for you? As yo …
How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim?
Do you know how long you have to file a personal injury claim? Or when th …
When to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer
When To Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer. Accidents and injuries are always …
What Are Some Common Types of Cuba, MO Personal Injury Cases?
- Car, Truck, Bus and Motorcycle Accidents
- Slip and Fall Accidents
- Medical Malpractice
- Wrongful Death
Auto collisions are the most typical sort of claims that Cuba, MO personal injury attorneyswitness. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's motor vehicle accident statistics, in 2019 over 36,000 people died in auto collisions in the United States, and another 2.5 million were treated in emergency rooms, resulting in $56 billion in medical expenses and lost wages nationwide.
Falling is the leading cause of emergency room visits in the US, making up about 8 millions trips per year. Slip and falls account for 1 million, or 12 percent of those visits. They are also the leading cause of workers' compensation cases and constitute the most time off work.
While errors can occur in the medical world, Cuba, MO doctors and other medical professionals are still legally bound to a standard of care. When that standard is breached, you may have a medical malpractice claim.
Your Cuba, MO personal injury lawyer at Burger Law knows that nothing can truly compensate you for the death of a loved one. There can be many causes of wrongful death, but your Cuba, MO personal injury attorney at Burger Law will help make sure that your financial future is safeguarded and secure and that you receive the support you require.
Reach Out to a Burger Law Personal Injury Attorney in Cuba, MO
Never settle for less than you deserve. Whether it is some other personal injury attorney trying to finagle you to hire them or a meager offer from an insurance company, do not settle. Burger Law has experienced, tenacious and unwavering Cuba, MO personal injury attorneys ready to stand by your side and fight for your rights throughout your case.