Personal Injury AttorneyDecatur, IL
Have you been in an accident? Are you looking for legal representation and do not know what to do? Burger Law is here to help.
Our Decatur, IL, Personal Injury Attorneys at Burger Law provide legal services to victims and their families in the Greater St. Louis area and beyond. It is important to our firm to help people get the compensation and assistance they need after an accident. Burger Law's Decatur, IL, Personal Injury Attorneys can ensure you get the legal help you need. Feel free to contact Burger Law now for more information.
Selecting the right personal injury firm near Decatur, IL, is an important decision. Our lawyers' goal is to win full recovery over your settlement. This includes general and special damages for your case like hospital bills, loss of enjoyment, lost income, emotional distress, and others. We will cover this in more detail further down this page. Reach out to Burger Law and your Decatur, IL, personal injury lawyers now if you might have a case.
Do You Have an Injury Claim?
Burger Law has won millions for Decatur, IL, injury victims. This includes car accidents, medical malpractice, product liability, slips and falls, worker's compensation, and others. Personal injury is a wide case-type that involves any number of injuries. Nursing home abuse, motorcycle accidents, consumer protection, birth injuries: If there are financial damages, you may have a claim.
Our personal injury lawyers in Decatur, IL, will consider your case. If there are financial damages, it is essential that you get the legal support you need. A serious injury can lead to serious repercussions. If you cannot work, have thousands in medical bills, and none of this was your fault, you likely have a claim.
Common injury cases our firm works with include:
Our Decatur personal injury attorneys are available 24/7 and can offer advice on how to proceed after an injury. We bill on contingency, which means that if we do not win a claim, you do not pay any legal fees. If you have questions about your case, the damages you may be able to recover, or other questions regarding personal injury claims, call our Personal Injury Attorneys in Decatur, IL, immediately at 314-542-2222 or 618-272-2222 if you are in the 62501 area.
Compensation for Personal Injury Claims
It is important to prove negligence in a personal injury case. It may be tempting to accept a settlement after an accident from an big insurance company or the negligent parties involved. However, it is important for our Decatur, IL, injury attorneys to make sure your compensation is fair and justified. Here are a few objectives for proving you have a legitimate case:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: We as a society have a moral "duty of care" in everyday life. Proving that there is a duty of care is a good main step in proving negligence after an accident. For instance, it is a business owner's "duty" to protect his or her patrons from harm, like fixing faulty wiring or a loose handrail. The same goes for truck drivers, big corporations, and others.
- Breach: The next step in proving negligence is showing how a person or entity "breached" their duty of care. An example would be a driver that ignores a stop sign and crashes into another car or pedestrian. They know they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not stopping.
- Causation: Causation is what caused the breach, like a store owner knowingly ignoring a dangerous situation. This is the negligent act that breaches the duty of care.
- Damages: Finally, there must be financial damages. Financial harm might include medical bills, lost time at work due to an injury, and other expenses. Our Decatur personal injury lawyers will consider short and long-term damages for our clients.
It is important to contact a qualified PI attorney if you need (or do not know if you need) help. Burger Law has a strong track record for providing just that and winning cases.
A few resources about injury law that you may find useful include:
- Frequently Asked Legal Questions
- Client Testimonials
- Video Archives
- How to Choose a Law Firm
- Our Blog
Burger Law consists of a team of personal injury attorneys who proudly serve the Metro St. Louis area with the highest standard of representation, litigation, guidance, and support. Gary Burger and his associates are dedicated to recovering compensation to help injury victims and their families to cover medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. At Burger Law, we understand how severe injuries can negatively impact your mental, physical, and financial health, and we are prepared to stand with you through the entirety of your case from medical care to insurance and employer issues.
From car accidents and slips and falls to medical malpractice and a $113 Million Verdict by the MO Department of Corrections, Burger Law has the experience you need to win.
How To Choose The Right Personal Injury Lawyer For Me
How do you determine which personal injury lawyer is right for you? As yo …
How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim?
Do you know how long you have to file a personal injury claim? Or when th …
When to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer
When To Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer. Accidents and injuries are always …
Your Personal Injury Attorneys in Decatur, IL
We understand that it might be overwhelming to handle legal matters after an accident. It is essential to stay calm and collected — below are a few things to keep in mind if you have been in an accident:
Our attorneys are often asked by clients if their claim will have to go to court. This is a possibility. However, this is rare if the claim is properly managed. It is often cited that around five percent of tort (personal injury) cases ever go into a courtroom. Our Decatur, IL, personal injury attorneys will investigate your case and see if this is a possibility — our lawyers are not scared to take a claim to trial.
There are three simple types of personal injury (tort) cases:
- An "Intentional Tort." This consists of assault, battery, fraud, trespassing, defamation, and other criminal-like behavior.
- Negligence Torts are the most common. This includes car and truck accidents, medical malpractice, workplace injuries, dog bites, and others.
- Strict Liability torts are very cut and dry. This may include defective products, animal attacks, and other (obvious) dangerous activities.
Burger Law's Decatur, IL, personal injury attorneys are ready and willing to take your case to ensure optimal compensation for your injuries. Do not hesitate to contact us today to speak with an actual lawyer.
- Car Accident Attorney in Illinois
- Premises Liability Lawyer in Illinois
- Truck Accident Law Firm in Illinois
- Car Crash Lawyer in Illinois
- Personal Injury Attorney in Illinois
There is no obligation. Feel free to talk to us without worrying about up-front fees. Our personal injury attorneys in Decatur, IL, defend victims and their families and make sure they get the highest amount of compensation possible.
Get Help Today
Injury claims usually rely on negligence or fault. This allows people to seek compensation. This is not easy to do on your own. Let our firm give you the legal representation you deserve. Contact our Personal Injury Attorneys in Decatur, IL, now for a consultation and case review.