Personal Injury AttorneyDixon, MO
Have you been in an accident? Are you looking for legal representation and do not know what to do? Burger Law is here to help.
Our Dixon, MO, Personal Injury Attorneys at Burger Law have provided legal representation to clients throughout the Midwest. It is important to our firm to help people get the compensation and assistance they need after an accident. Burger Law's Dixon, MO, Personal Injury Attorneys will ensure you get the legal assistance you need. Do not hesitate to contact our firm today if you have any questions.
Picking the right personal injury firm near Dixon, MO, is an important decision. Our lawyers' goal is to win full recovery over your settlement. This includes special and general damages for your case such as loss of income, property damages, medical treatment, pain and suffering, and others. We will cover this in more detail later on. Reach out to Burger Law and your Dixon, MO, personal injury lawyers now if you might have a case.
Do You Have an Injury Claim?
Burger Law has won millions for Dixon, MO, injury victims. Many of these cases involve car accidents, medical malpractice, product liability, slips and falls, worker's compensation, and others. Personal injury is a broad case-type that can involve any number of injuries. Nursing home abuse, motorcycle accidents, consumer protection, birth injuries: If there are financial damages, you might have a claim.
Our personal injury lawyers in Dixon, MO, will consider your case. If there are financial damages, it is important to receive quality legal support. A serious injury may lead to serious repercussions. If, for instance, you have high medical bills, can no longer work, and are struggling due to an injury, you probably have a valid claim.
Common accident claims we firm works with include:
Our Dixon personal injury attorneys are available 24/7 and offer guidance on how to proceed after an injury. We charge on contingency, which means that if we do not win a case, you do not pay anything. If you have questions about your case, the damages you may be able to recover, or other questions regarding personal injury claims, call our Personal Injury Attorneys in Dixon, MO, now at 314-542-2222 or 618-272-2222 if you are in the 65459 area.
Compensation for Personal Injury Cases
It is important to prove negligence in a personal injury case. It may be tempting to accept a settlement after an accident from an big insurance company or the negligent parties involved. However, it is important for our Dixon, MO, injury attorneys to make sure your compensation is fair. Here are a few ways we go about proving a claim:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: We as a society have a moral "duty of care" in everyday life. Proving that there is a duty of care is the first step in proving negligence after an incident. For instance, it is a business owner's "duty" to protect their patrons from harm, such as fixing protruding nails or a dangerous stairway. The same goes for truck drivers, big corporations, and others.
- Breach: The next step for proving negligence is showing how an entity "breached" their duty of care. An example would be a driver that ignores a stop sign and crashes into another car or pedestrian. The driver knew they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not stopping.
- Causation: Causation is simply what caused the breach, like a driver knowing they're going too fast. This is the negligent act that breaches any expected duty of care.
- Damages: Lastly, there must be financial damages. Financial harm may include rehabilitation, lost wages, and other expenses. Our Dixon personal injury lawyers will consider short and long-term damages for our clients.
It is important to contact a qualified PI attorney if you need (or do not know if you need) help or legal assistance. Burger Law has a strong track record for providing just that and winning cases.
A couple of resources about injury law that you may find useful include:
- Frequently Asked Legal Questions
- Client Testimonials
- Video Archives
- How to Choose a Law Firm
- Our Blog
Burger Law is made up of a team of personal injury lawyers who proudly serve the Greater St. Louis area with the highest standard of representation, litigation, guidance, and support. Gary Burger and his associates are dedicated to recovering compensation to help injury victims and their families in order to cover medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. At Burger Law, we understand how severe injuries can negatively impact your mental, physical, and financial health, and we are prepared to stand with you through the entirety of your case from medical care to insurance and employer issues.
From car accidents and slips and falls to medical malpractice and a $113 Million Verdict by the MO Department of Corrections, Burger Law has the skill-set you need to win.
How To Choose The Right Personal Injury Lawyer For Me
How do you determine which personal injury lawyer is right for you? As yo …
How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim?
Do you know how long you have to file a personal injury claim? Or when th …
When to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer
When To Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer. Accidents and injuries are always …
Your Personal Injury Attorneys in Dixon, MO
It can be overwhelming if you are in an accident. It is important to stay calm and collected — here are a few steps to take if you are in an accident:
Our attorneys are often asked by clients if their claim will have to go to court. This is a possibility. However, this is not a likely scenario if the case is properly managed. It is often estimated that about five percent of tort (personal injury) cases ever end up in a courtroom. Our Dixon, MO, personal injury attorneys will investigate your case and see if this is a possibility — our lawyers are not scared to escalate a claim and take it to court.
There are three simple types of personal injury (tort) cases:
- Intentional Torts consist of criminal behavior. This might include battery, assault, fraud, defamation, and other types of criminal activity.
- Negligence Torts are the most common. This includes car and truck accidents, medical malpractice, workplace injuries, dog bites, and others.
- Strict Liability torts are often cut and dry. This may include defective products, animal attacks, and other (obvious) dangerous activities.
Our Dixon, MO, personal injury attorneys will investigate your claim and make sure we approach it in the appropriate way to ensure maximum compensation for your injuries. Do not hesitate to contact us today to speak with an actual attorney.
There is no obligation. You can talk to us without worrying about fees. Our personal injury attorneys in Dixon, MO, defend victims and their families and ensure they get the highest amount of compensation possible.
Get Help Now
Accident claims usually rely on negligence or fault. This allows people to seek compensation. This is not easy to do on your own. Let Burger Law give you the legal representation you need. Contact our Personal Injury Attorneys in Dixon, MO, today for a consultation and case review.