Personal Injury AttorneyHallsville, MO
Have you been in an accident? Are you looking for legal representation and do not know what to do? Burger Law is here to help.
Our Hallsville, MO, Personal Injury Attorneys at Burger Law provide legal services to victims and their families in the Greater St. Louis area and beyond. It is important for our firm to help people get the compensation and assistance they need after an accident. Burger Law's Hallsville, MO, Personal Injury Attorneys can make sure you get the legal help you need. Do not hesitate to contact our firm today if you have any questions.
Selecting the right personal injury firm in Hallsville, MO, is an important decision. Our lawyers' goal is to win full recovery over your settlement. This includes special and general damages for your case like hospital bills, loss of enjoyment, lost income, emotional distress, and others. We will get into this in more detail later on. Reach out to Burger Law and your Hallsville, MO, personal injury lawyers now if you think you might have a claim.
Do You Have a Personal Injury Case?
Burger Law has won millions for Hallsville, MO, injury victims. This includes car accidents, medical malpractice, product liability, slips and falls, worker's compensation, and others. Personal injury is a broad case-type that can involve any number of injuries. Nursing home abuse, motorcycle accidents, consumer protection, birth injuries: If there are financial damages, you may have a claim.
Burger Law's personal injury lawyers in Hallsville, MO, will look into your case. If there are financial damages, it is important to receive quality legal support. A serious injury may lead to serious repercussions. If, for instance, you have high medical bills, can no longer work, and are struggling due to an injury, you probably have a valid claim.
Common injury cases we firm works with include:
Our Hallsville personal injury attorneys are available 24/7 and can offer guidance on how to proceed after an injury. We charge on contingency, which means that if we do not win a claim, you do not pay anything. If you have questions about your case, the damages you may be able to recover, or other questions regarding personal injury claims, call our Personal Injury Attorneys in Hallsville, MO, now at 314-542-2222 or 618-272-2222.
Damages for Personal Injury Claims
One of the important factors in a personal injury case is determining negligence. It may be tempting to accept a settlement after an accident from an big insurance company or the negligent parties involved. However, it is important for our Hallsville, MO, injury attorneys to make sure your compensation is fair. Here are a few ways we go about proving a claim:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: We as a society have a moral "duty of care" in everyday life. Proving that there is a duty of care is the main step in proving negligence after an accident. For example, it is a business owner's "duty" to protect their customers from harm, like fixing faulty wiring or a loose handrail. The same goes for truck drivers, big corporations, and others.
- Breach: The next step in proving negligence is showing how an entity "breached" their duty of care. A good example is a driver that blows a red light and crashes into another car or pedestrian. They know they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not doing so.
- Causation: Causation is simply what caused the breach, like a landlord not salting a metal fire escape. This is the negligent act that breaches any expected duty of care.
- Damages: Lastly, there has to be financial repercussions. Financial harm may include rehabilitation, lost wages, and other expenses. Burger Law's Hallsville personal injury attorneys will consider short and long-term damages for our clients.
It is important to contact a skilled personal injury attorney if you need (or do not know if you need) legal representation. Burger Law has a strong track record for providing just that and winning cases.
A couple of resources about injury law that you may find useful include:
- Frequently Asked Legal Questions
- Client Testimonials
- Video Archives
- How to Choose a Law Firm
- Our Blog
Burger Law is made up of a team of personal injury lawyers who proudly serve the Metro St. Louis area with the highest standard of representation, litigation, guidance, and support. Gary Burger and his associates are dedicated to recovering compensation to help injury victims and their families to cover medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. At Burger Law, we understand how severe injuries can negatively impact your mental, physical, and financial health, and we are prepared to stand with you through the entirety of your case from medical care to insurance and employer issues.
From car accidents and slips and falls to medical malpractice and a $113 Million Verdict by the MO Department of Corrections, Burger Law has the skill-set you need to win.
How To Choose The Right Personal Injury Lawyer For Me
How do you determine which personal injury lawyer is right for you? As yo …
How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim?
Do you know how long you have to file a personal injury claim? Or when th …
When to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer
When To Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer. Accidents and injuries are always …
Your Personal Injury Attorneys in Hallsville, MO
We understand that it might be overwhelming to handle legal matters after an accident. It is essential to stay calm and collected — here are a few tips to remember if you or a family member have been in a serious accident:
Our attorneys are often asked by clients if their claim will have to go to court. This is a possibility. However, this is not a likely scenario if the claim is properly managed. It is often cited that around five percent of tort (personal injury) cases ever end up in a courtroom. Our Hallsville, MO, personal injury attorneys will investigate your case and see if this is a possibility — we are not afraid to escalate a claim and take it to court.
There are three typical types of personal injury (tort) cases:
- An "Intentional Tort." This consists of assault, battery, fraud, trespassing, defamation, and other criminal-like behavior.
- The most common type of tort case is Negligence which involves anything from a dog bite and a car accident to workplace injuries and medical malpractice.
- Strict Liability torts are usually very clear. These may include defective products, animal attacks, and other (obvious) dangerous activities.
Our Hallsville, MO, personal injury attorneys will investigate your claim and make sure we approach it in the appropriate way to ensure maximum compensation for your injuries. Do not hesitate to contact us today to speak with an actual lawyer.
There is no obligation. Feel free to talk to us without worrying about fees. Our personal injury attorneys in Hallsville, MO, defend victims and their families and make sure they get the highest amount of compensation possible.
Get Help Now
Injury claims typically rely on the legal theory of negligence or fault. This allows people to seek compensation. This is not easy to do on your own. Let Burger Law give you the legal support you deserve. Contact our Personal Injury Attorneys in Hallsville, MO, today for a consultation and case review.