Personal Injury AttorneyHillsboro, IL
Have you been in an accident? Are you looking for legal representation and do not know what to do? Burger Law is here to help.
Our Hillsboro, IL, Personal Injury Attorneys at Burger Law have provided legal representation to clients throughout the Midwest. It is important to our firm to help people get the compensation and assistance they need after an accident. Our Hillsboro, IL, Personal Injury Attorneys can make sure you get the legal help you deserve. Do not hesitate to contact our firm today if you have any questions.
Selecting the right personal injury firm near Hillsboro, IL, is an important decision. It is our job to make sure you are fully compensated for your injuries. This may include general and special damages for your case like loss of income, property damages, medical treatment, pain and suffering, and others. We will get into this in more detail later on. Reach out to our firm and your Hillsboro, IL, personal injury lawyers today if you think you might have a claim.
Do You Have an Injury Claim?
Burger Law has won millions for Hillsboro, IL, personal injury clients. Many of these cases involve car accidents, medical malpractice, product liability, slips and falls, worker's compensation, and others. Personal injury is a wide case-type that can involve any number of injuries. Nursing home abuse, motorcycle accidents, consumer protection, birth injuries: If there are financial damages, you might have a claim.
Burger Law's personal injury attorneys in Hillsboro, IL, will assess your case. If there are financial damages, it is important to receive quality legal support. A serious injury may lead to serious repercussions. If you cannot work, have thousands in medical bills, and none of this was your fault, you likely have a claim.
Common accident claims our firm works with include:
Our Hillsboro personal injury attorneys are available 24/7 and can offer guidance on how to proceed after an injury. We charge on contingency, which means that if we do not win a claim, you do not pay any legal fees. If you have questions about your case, the damages you may be able to recover, or other questions regarding personal injury claims, call our Personal Injury Attorneys in Hillsboro, IL, now at 314-542-2222 or 618-272-2222 if you are in the 62049 area.
Compensation for Personal Injury Claims
It is important to prove negligence in a personal injury case. It may be tempting to accept a settlement after an accident from an big insurance company or the negligent parties involved. However, it is important for our Hillsboro, IL, injury attorneys to make sure your compensation is fair. Here are a few objectives for proving you have a legitimate case:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: People have a moral "duty of care" in everyday life. Proving that there is a duty of care is the main step in proving negligence after an accident. For example, it is a business owner's "duty" to protect their customers from harm, such as fixing faulty wiring or a loose handrail. The same goes for truck drivers, big corporations, and others.
- Breach: Another step for proving negligence is showing how a person or entity "breached" their duty of care. An example would be a driver that blows a red light and crashes into another car or pedestrian. They know they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not doing so.
- Causation: Causation is what caused the breach, like a driver knowing they're going too fast. This is the negligent act that breaches the duty of care.
- Damages: Finally, there has to be financial repercussions. Financial harm may include medical bills, lost time at work due to an injury, and other expenses. Burger Law's Hillsboro personal injury attorneys will consider short and long-term damages for our clients.
It is important to contact a qualified PI attorney if you need (or do not know if you need) legal representation. Burger Law has a strong track record for providing just that and winning cases.
A couple of resources about personal injury law that you may find useful include:
- Frequently Asked Legal Questions
- Client Testimonials
- Video Archives
- How to Choose a Law Firm
- Our Blog
Burger Law is made up of a team of personal injury attorneys who proudly serve the Metro St. Louis area with the highest standard of representation, litigation, guidance, and support. Gary Burger and his associates are dedicated to recovering compensation to help injury victims and their families in order to cover medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. At Burger Law, we understand how severe injuries can negatively impact your mental, physical, and financial health, and we are prepared to stand with you through the entirety of your case from medical care to insurance and employer issues.
From semi-truck accidents and product liability to worker's compensation cases and a $113 Million Verdict by the MO Department of Corrections, our firm has the experience you need to win.
How To Choose The Right Personal Injury Lawyer For Me
How do you determine which personal injury lawyer is right for you? As yo …
How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim?
Do you know how long you have to file a personal injury claim? Or when th …
When to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer
When To Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer. Accidents and injuries are always …
Your Personal Injury Attorneys in Hillsboro, IL
It can be overwhelming if you are in an accident. It is important to stay calm and collected — below are a few things to keep in mind if you have been in an accident:
A frequently asked question is "Will my claim go to court." This is a possibility. However, this is not a likely scenario if the claim is properly managed. It is often cited that about five percent of tort (personal injury) cases ever make it to a courtroom. Burger Law's Hillsboro, IL, personal injury attorneys will investigate your case and see if this is a possibility — our lawyers are not scared to escalate a claim and take it to court.
There are three typical types of personal injury (tort) cases:
- An "Intentional Tort." This consists of assault, battery, fraud, trespassing, defamation, and other criminal-like behavior.
- Negligence Torts are the most common. This includes car and truck accidents, medical malpractice, workplace injuries, dog bites, and others.
- Strict Liability torts are very cut and dry. These may include defective products, animal attacks, and other (obvious) dangerous activities.
Burger Law's Hillsboro, IL, personal injury attorneys will investigate your claim and make sure we approach it in the appropriate way to ensure maximum compensation for your injuries. Do not hesitate to contact us now to speak with an actual attorney.
- Car Accident Attorney in Illinois
- Premises Liability Lawyer in Illinois
- Truck Accident Law Firm in Illinois
- Car Crash Lawyer in Illinois
- Personal Injury Attorney in Illinois
There is no obligation. You can talk to us without worrying about payment. Our personal injury attorneys in Hillsboro, IL, defend victims and their families and make sure they get the highest amount of compensation possible.
Get Help Now
Accident claims usually rely on the legal theory of negligence and fault. This allows victims to seek compensation. This is not easy to do on your own. Let our firm give you the legal support you need. Contact our Personal Injury Attorneys in Hillsboro, IL, now for a consultation and case review.