Personal Injury Attorney Kearney, MO
Personal injury attorney Kearney, MO. Were you seriously injured in an accident caused by someone else’s negligent or reckless behavior in Kearney, MO? If so, you should speak with a Kearney, MO personal injury attorney immediately. Give the St. Louis-based law firm of Burger Law a call right away at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online for a free, confidential, no-obligation case review.
The Burger Law legal team demands a full recovery while fighting for your rights in your Kearney, MO personal injury claim. Our personal injury attorneys have successfully recovered more than $200 million in trial results and settlements for our clients, including a multi-year legal battle resulting in a trial verdict of $113 million. While your personal injury case cannot undo the injuries and pain you have sustained, compensation can help you and your family’s future during this difficult time. Our personal injury attorneys do not stop pursuing a complete recovery for you.
If you or a loved one were seriously injured in an accident because of someone else’s negligence in Kearney, MO, see how much your claim may be worth with our free personal injury calculator.
Do I Need a Personal Injury Attorney in Kearney, MO?
Injuries occur, and they happen in a variety of circumstances in Kearney, MO. There are many reasons that someone else's negligence can cause damages, and when that takes place a trustworthy and accomplished Burger Law personal injury attorney in Kearney, MO is here to fight for you. We have seen every type of personal injury case in Kearney, MO, and know precisely what to do to get you the full compensation you are owed and to protect your future. Never settle prior to speaking to a Kearney, MO personal injury lawyer first.
For the most part, there are four reasons you should get a personal injury lawyer after you were injured:
You Sustained Significant Injuries or Injuries That Require Long-Term Treatment in Kearney, MO
If your injuries require assistive devices like crutches or a wheelchair, will involve ongoing physical treatments and therapy or impact your ability to work and make a living in the future, you need to hire a Burger Law personal injury lawyer in Kearney, MO so the full extent of your injuries is paid for.
The Kearney, MO personal injury lawyers at Burger Law have substantial medical knowledge and connections with a network of doctors and other medical experts, as well. An Insurance Research Institute study found that people who hire personal injury lawyers are more likely to receive the full medical care they need. Getting the right medical care also increases the value of your case.
The Insurance Company Is Not Being Fair
While insurance companies are obligated to pay you for their client's reckless behavior, their real interest is in paying you as little money as possible. Insurance companies are large, for-profit businesses, and often have shareholders who will not be happy if they pay out numerous claims. Insurance adjusters are professionals when it comes to denying or minimizing claims.
Some of the tricks and tactics insurance companies use to devalue claims are:
- Trying to get you to settle quickly, before you realize the full extent of your injuries
- Offering fake sympathy
- Attempting to shift blame for the accident on you
- Lying to you, such as:
- Saying that your medical care was unnecessary
- Saying they do not have to pay for medical care because you have insurance
- Saying they do not have to pay for lost wages because you had unused vacation time
- Telling you an attorney will cost more money than they are worth
According to a study by Forbes, insurance companies are less likely to deny claims when people procure an attorney. They realize they can take advantage of a lot of people, but a knowledgeable Kearney, MO personal injury attorney at Burger Law will let them know you are serious about getting a complete financial recovery.
There is Disagreement Over Who Is At Fault in the Kearney, MO Accident
Some people who act carelessly and negligently do not want to take responsibility for their actions. After all, if they admit they were at fault in a Kearney, MO accident, their insurance premium will rise. If the other party is disputing fault, a personal injury attorney in Kearney, MO will investigate all the facts and take official depositions to prove negligence. Burger Law knows how to hold negligent parties accountable.
There Are Other Complications to the Case
On occasion, multiple individuals can be liable, as not every Kearney, MO personal injury case is cut and dry. As an example, if a bar knowingly overserves a drunk driver you may be able to sue both the drunk driver and bar. Here are a few ways we prove a claim of negligence in Kearney, MO:
- Duty of Care: We as a society have a moral duty of care in everyday life. Proving that there is a duty of care – essentially that the other party has a duty to value your safety – is the initial step in proving negligence. This can be another motorist, a physician you established a doctor-patient relationship with or a property owner who needs to keep their property free of hazards.
- Breach of Duty: Another step for proving negligence is showing how an entity breached their duty of care. That they did not hold up their end of the bargain. Was the Kearney, MO driver distracted? The driver knew they were supposed to stop, yet breached their duty of care by not doing so. Did a Kearney, MO doctor not refer you to a specialist when their treatment plan was not working? Did the landlord in Kearney, MO know of a loose wiring but not take steps to fix it?.
- Causation: Causation is simply what caused the breach, much like that driver in Kearney, MO knowing they are going too fast. This is the negligent act that breaches any expected duty of care.
- Damages: Finally, there must be financial repercussions. Demonstrating harm is essential in a personal injury case. This can be financial loss like lost wages or medical expenses, or the physical and mental repercussions you have faced as a result of the other party's negligence. Burger Law's Kearney, MO personal injury attorneys will calculate short and long-term damages for our clients.
What Should I Expect From a Kearney, MO Personal Injury Attorney?
The Burger Law personal injury attorneys have the dedication, talent, knowledge, and experience to make sure you get the case result you deserve. Often, dishonest insurance companies will attempt to take advantage of your anxiousness as medical bills start piling up and you miss consistent time off work. They act nicely because they want you to settle quickly. That is why you should always speak to a Kearney, MO personal injury lawyer first prior to settling a case. We have seen every tactic in the book that insurance companies will utilize to diminish your compensation. Insurance adjusters are experienced negotiators and realize that this is probably the first time you have to settle an injury claim. The Kearney, MO personal injury lawyers at Burger Law fight back against resistant insurance companies. The insurance companies are afraid of us because they realize we take on and win the tough cases.
In addition to standing up to bullies like resistant insurance companies, you can expect your determined and dedicated Burger Law Kearney, MO personal injury lawyer to stand by your side every step of the way. We start working on your case immediately. We handle all documentation, communication and litigation and will keep you in the loop throughout the whole legal process. When you first hire our Kearney, MO personal injury lawyers, we immediately work to diligently collect evidence and interview eyewitnesses and Kearney, MO experts. We examine every facet of your case to determine negligence and calculate the precise dollar amount of your damages. If you have been injured because of someone else's negligence or reckless actions in Kearney, MO, there is no time to delay. Missouri Revised Statute § 516.120 establishes a five-year deadline for the filing of all lawsuits seeking a legal remedy for an “injury to a person.”
How Much Compensation Can I Receive for My Injuries in in Kearney, MO?
At Burger Law, we are not content to just have you reimbursed for your property damage and current medical bills. Your Kearney, MO personal injury lawyer will aggressively pursue maximum compensation for the full scope of your damages – emotional and financial. Catastrophic injuries do not just affect your bank account, they have an impact on your loved ones, your ability to enjoy life and your ability to carry out fundamental daily tasks in Kearney, MO. You deserve to be compensated for every way that your injury has affected your life.
In a Missouri personal injury claim you are generally eligible for compensation for two types of damages:
These compensate you for your direct financial losses. They include:
- Any medical bills you incurred because of the accident, such as emergency room bills, prescription medications, occupational therapy and assistive devices such as crutches or wheelchairs. They also include future medical expenses, such as if you had a knee replacement because of your injuries and will need another one in the future.
- Lost wages from not being able to work, or your loss of earning potential if your injuries prevent you from earning a living the way you are used to.
- Property damage, such as your mechanics' bills or if your cell phone was broken in a slip and fall.
- Out-of-pocket expenses incurred because of the injury such as daycare and the cost of transportation you spent going to and from medical treatments.
. The Kearney, MO personal injury team at Burger Law uses a network of medical and financial experts to calculate the true cost of your economic damages, including adjusting for inflation while evaluating your future medical needs and earning potential.
These damages are not as easy to quantify, and refer to intangible damages that impact your emotional well-being and ability to enjoy life in Kearney, MO. These include, but are not limited to:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
While a resistant insurance company may try to downplay your noneconomic damages in an effort to minimize your payout, your Burger Law personal injury lawyer in Kearney, MO has seen firsthand the profound impact these injuries can have on your life. We will insist that you get the complete financial recovery you are entitled to.
In claims concerning especially egregious negligence or misconduct, you may be able to recover punitive damages as well. For example, when we sue drunk drivers near Kearney, MO, we often seek punitive damages so they are further punished and deterred.
How To Choose The Right Personal Injury Lawyer For Me
How do you determine which personal injury lawyer is right for you? As yo …
How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim?
Do you know how long you have to file a personal injury claim? Or when th …
When to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer
When To Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer. Accidents and injuries are always …
What Are Some Common Types of Kearney, MO Personal Injury Cases?
Give us a call right now at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online contact form to discuss the specifics of your case in Kearney, MO. Some of the most common personal injury cases our Kearney, MO attorneys see are:
- Car, Truck, Bus and Motorcycle Accidents
- Slip and Fall Accidents
- Medical Malpractice
- Wrongful Death
Auto crashes are the most typical variety of claims that Kearney, MO personal injury attorneyssee. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's motor vehicle accident statistics, in 2019 over 36,000 people died in motor vehicle collisions in the United States, and another 2.5 million were visited the emergency room, resulting in $56 billion in medical expenses and lost wages nationwide.
Falling is the leading cause of emergency room trips in the US, with about 8 millions trips per year. Slip and falls make up 1 million, or 12 percent of those visits. They are also the leading cause of workers' compensation cases and account for the most time off work.
While errors can happen in the medical field, Kearney, MO doctors and other medical professionals are still held to a standard of care. When that standard is breached, you may have a medical malpractice case.
Your Kearney, MO personal injury lawyer at Burger Law knows that nothing is more painful than when a loved one is taken from us too soon. There can be many causes of wrongful death, but your Kearney, MO personal injury attorney at Burger Law will help make sure that your financial future is protected and secure and that you get the help you require.
Reach Out to a Burger Law Personal Injury Attorney in Kearney, MO
Never settle for less than you deserve. No matter if it is some other personal injury attorney trying to plot and scheme you into hiring them or a paltry offer from an insurance company, do not settle. Burger Law has knowledgeable, tenacious and steadfast Kearney, MO personal injury lawyers ready to stand by your side and fight for your rights throughout the life of your claim.