Personal Injury Attorney Lake Ozark, MO
Personal injury attorney Lake Ozark, MO. Were you seriously injured in an accident caused by another person’s negligent or reckless actions in Lake Ozark, MO? If so, you should speak with a Lake Ozark, MO personal injury attorney immediately. Call the St. Louis-based law firm of Burger Law as soon as possible at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online for a free, confidential, no-obligation case review.
The Burger Law legal team demands a full recovery while fighting for your rights in your Lake Ozark, MO personal injury claim. Our personal injury lawyers have successfully recovered more than $200 million in trial results and settlements for our clients, including a multi-year legal battle resulting in a trial verdict of $113 million. While your personal injury case cannot undo the pain you have sustained, compensation can help you and your family’s future during this difficult time. Our personal injury attorneys do not stop pursuing a complete recovery for you.
If you or someone you love were seriously injured in an accident because of someone else’s negligence in Lake Ozark, MO, see how much your claim might be worth with our free personal injury calculator.
Do I Need a Personal Injury Attorney in Lake Ozark, MO?
Injuries occur, and they unfortunately happen in a variety of situations in Lake Ozark, MO. There are many reasons that another person's negligence and recklessness can cause damages, and when that happens a trustworthy and accomplished Burger Law personal injury attorney in Lake Ozark, MO is here to fight for you. We have seen every kind of personal injury case in Lake Ozark, MO, and recognize precisely what to do to get you the full compensation you are owed and to protect your future. Do not settle before talking with a Lake Ozark, MO personal injury lawyer first.
For the most part, there are four reasons you should get a personal injury attorney after you were injured:
You Sustained Significant Injuries or Injuries That Require Ongoing Treatment in Lake Ozark, MO
If your injuries require assistive devices like crutches, will involve long-term physical treatments and therapy or have an effect on your ability to work and make a living in the future, you need to hire a personal injury lawyer in Lake Ozark, MO so the full range of your injuries is paid for.
The Lake Ozark, MO personal injury lawyers at Burger Law have substantial medical knowledge and connections with a network of doctors and other medical experts, as well. Research by Insurance Research Institute showed that people who are represented by personal injury attorneys are more likely to receive the full medical treatment they need. Getting the right medical care also increases the value of your case.
The Insurance Company Is Not Being Fair
Despite being obligated to pay you for their client’s reckless behavior, insurance companies are after one thing – a profit. They want to pay you as little money as possible. Insurance companies are for-profit businesses, and often have shareholders who will not be pleased if they pay out a lot of claims. Insurance adjusters are professionals when it comes to denying or minimizing claims.
Some of the tricks insurance companies use to devalue claims are:
- Attempting to get you to settle quickly, before you realize the full extent of your injuries
- Offering fake sympathy
- Trying to shift blame for the accident on you
- Telling you lies, such as:
- Telling you your medical care was unnecessary
- Saying they do not have to pay for medical care because you have insurance
- Saying they do not have to pay for lost wages because you had unused vacation time
- Telling you an attorney will cost more money than they are worth
According to research by Forbes, insurance companies are far less likely to deny claims when people procure an attorney. They know they can prey on a lot of individuals, but a knowledgeable Lake Ozark, MO personal injury attorney at Burger Law will make them realize you are intent on getting full compensation.
There is Disagreement Regarding Who Is At Fault in the Lake Ozark, MO Accident
Some people who act carelessly and negligently do not want to take responsibility for their behavior. After all, if they admit they were at fault in a Lake Ozark, MO accident, their insurance premium will rise. Burger Law knows how to hold negligent parties accountable. If the other party is disputing fault, our personal injury attorney in Lake Ozark, MO will investigate all the facts and take official depositions to prove negligence.
There Are Other Complications to the Case
Not every Lake Ozark, MO personal injury case is cut and dry. Sometimes, multiple individuals can be at fault. For example, if a bar knowingly overserves a drunk driver you may be able to sue both the drunk driver and bar. Here are a few ways we prove a claim of negligence in Lake Ozark, MO:
- Duty of Care: Throughout our everyday life, we have a moral duty of care to society as a whole. Proving that there is a duty of care is the first step in proving negligence in an accident. This can be another motorist, a doctor whose care you were under or a property owner who has an obligation to repair any hazards on their property.
- Breach of Duty: Another step for proving negligence is showing how an entity breached their duty of care. That the party with a duty of care failed or were negligent in that duty. Was the Lake Ozark, MO other motorist distracted? The driver knew they were supposed to stop, yet breached their duty of care by not doing so. Did a Lake Ozark, MO doctor not take your concerns seriously? Was the Lake Ozark, MO property manager aware of dangerous black ice but not take steps to fix it?.
- Causation: Causation is simply what caused the breach, much like that driver in Lake Ozark, MO knowing they are going too fast. This is the negligent act that breaches any expected duty of care.
- Damages: Finally, there must be financial repercussions. Demonstrating losses is essential in a personal injury case. That can be lost wages from time spent off work, or the physical and mental repercussions you have faced as a result of the other party's negligence. Burger Law's Lake Ozark, MO personal injury attorneys will consider short and long-term damages for our clients.
What Should I Expect From a Lake Ozark, MO Personal Injury Attorney?
The Burger Law personal injury attorneys have the dedication, talent, knowledge, and experience to ensure you get the result you deserve. Often, dishonest insurance companies will attempt to take advantage of your anxiousness as medical bills start piling up and you miss consistent time off work. They want you to settle quickly, so they behave like your friend. That is why you should always speak to a Lake Ozark, MO personal injury lawyer first before settling a case. We have seen every tactic in the book that insurance companies will use to lessen your compensation. Insurance adjusters are experienced negotiators and realize that this is likely the first time you have to settle an injury claim. The Lake Ozark, MO personal injury lawyers at Burger Law fight back against resistant insurance companies. They fear us because they realize we take on and win the tough cases.
Beyond standing up to bullies like resistant insurance companies, you can expect your determined and dedicated Burger Law Lake Ozark, MO personal injury lawyer to be by your side every step of the way. We start working on your case from the moment you hire us. We handle all documentation, communication and litigation and will keep you in the loop throughout the whole legal process. When you hire our Lake Ozark, MO personal injury attorneys, we immediately work to diligently collect evidence and record official statements from eyewitnesses and Lake Ozark, MO experts. We comb through every facet of your case to ascertain negligence and calculate the precise dollar amount of your damages. If you have been injured due to another person's negligence or reckless actions in Lake Ozark, MO, there is no time to delay. Missouri Revised Statute § 516.120 sets a five-year deadline for the filing of all lawsuits seeking compensation for an “injury to a person.”
How Much Compensation Can I Receive for My Injuries in in Lake Ozark, MO?
Your Lake Ozark, MO personal injury lawyer will aggressively pursue maximum compensation for the full scope of your damages – financial and emotional. At Burger Law, we are not content to just have you reimbursed for your property damage and current medical bills. Catastrophic injuries do not just affect your bank account, they have an impact on your loved ones, your ability to enjoy life and your ability to carry out basic daily tasks in Lake Ozark, MO. You deserve to be compensated for every way that your injury has affected your life.
In a Missouri personal injury claim you are generally eligible for compensation for two types of damages:
These compensate you for the money you have spent or missed out on due to your injuries. They include:
- Any medical bills you incurred because of the accident, such as emergency room bills, any surgeries, occupational therapy and assistive devices such as crutches or wheelchairs. They also include future medical expenses, such as if you had a joint replacement because of your injuries and will need another one in the future.
- Lost wages from the hours you lost out on because of your injuries, or your loss of earning potential if your injuries prevent you from earning a living the way you are used to.
- Property damage, such as your mechanics' bills or if something on your person was broken in a slip and fall.
- Other miscellaneous costs incurred because of the injury such as daycare and the cost of transportation you spent going to and from medical appointments.
. If you have future medical expenses or lost earning potential, your Lake Ozark, MO injury lawyer at Burger Law will utilize their network of medical professionals and economic experts to precisely value how much you need to be paid.
These damages are not as easy to quantify, and refer to intangible damages that impact your emotional well-being and ability to enjoy life in Lake Ozark, MO. These include, but are not limited to:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
While a resistant insurance company may try to downplay your noneconomic damages in an effort to minimize your payout, your Burger Law personal injury lawyer in Lake Ozark, MO has seen firsthand the profound impact these injuries can have on your life. We will insist that you get the complete compensation you deserve.
In cases of gross negligence or intentional harm, you may be able to recover punitive damages as well. For example, when we sue drunk drivers near Lake Ozark, MO, we do it so they know exactly how dangerous their actions were.
How To Choose The Right Personal Injury Lawyer For Me
How do you determine which personal injury lawyer is right for you? As yo …
How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim?
Do you know how long you have to file a personal injury claim? Or when th …
When to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer
When To Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer. Accidents and injuries are always …
What Are the Common Types of Lake Ozark, MO Personal Injury Cases?
- Car, Truck, Bus and Motorcycle Accidents
- Slip and Fall Accidents
- Medical Malpractice
- Wrongful Death
Auto wrecks are the most common sort of claims that Lake Ozark, MO personal injury attorneyssee. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's motor vehicle accident statistics, in 2019 over 36,000 people died in auto crashes in the United States, and another 2.5 million were had to go to the emergency room, resulting in $56 billion in medical expenses and lost wages nationwide.
Falling is the leading cause of emergency room visits in the US, about 8 millions trips a year. Slip and falls make up 1 million, or 12 percent of those visits. They are also the leading cause of workers' compensation cases and account for the most time off work.
While errors can happen in the medical field, Lake Ozark, MO doctors and other medical professionals are still required to meet a standard of care. When that standard is violated, you may have a medical malpractice case.
Your Lake Ozark, MO personal injury lawyer at Burger Law knows that nothing can truly compensate you for the passing of a loved one. There are a lot of causes of wrongful death, but your Lake Ozark, MO personal injury attorney at Burger Law will help make sure that your financial future is safeguarded and secure and that you receive the help you need.
Reach Out to a Burger Law Personal Injury Attorney in Lake Ozark, MO
Whether it is some other personal injury attorney trying to finagle you to hire them or a paltry offer from an insurance company, do not take less than you deserve. Never settle. Burger Law has knowledgeable, aggressive and resolute Lake Ozark, MO personal injury attorneys ready and willing to stand by your side and fight for your rights throughout your claim.