Personal Injury AttorneyLouisiana, MO
Have you been in an accident? Are you looking for legal representation and do not know what to do? Burger Law is here to help.
Our Louisiana, MO, Personal Injury Attorneys at Burger Law have provided legal representation to clients throughout the Midwest. It is important for our firm to help people get the compensation and assistance they need after an accident. Burger Law's Louisiana, MO, Personal Injury Attorneys will ensure you get the legal help you need. Do not hesitate to contact our firm today if you have any questions.
Choosing the right personal injury firm near Louisiana, MO, is an important decision. Our lawyers' goal is to win full recovery over your settlement. This may include special and general damages for your case like loss of income, property damages, medical treatment, pain and suffering, and others. We will get into this in more detail further down this page. Reach out to Burger Law and your Louisiana, MO, personal injury lawyers today if you think you might have a claim.
Do You Have a Personal Injury Case?
Burger Law has won millions for Louisiana, MO, injury victims. Many of these cases involve vehicle-related accidents, worker's compensation, medical malpractice claims, premise liability, and other types of claims. Personal injury is a wide case-type that involves any number of injuries. Nursing home abuse, motorcycle accidents, consumer protection, birth injuries: If there are financial damages, you might have a claim.
Burger Law's personal injury lawyers in Louisiana, MO, will look into your case. If there are financial damages, it is essential that you get the legal support you need. A serious injury may lead to serious repercussions. If you cannot work, have thousands in medical bills, and none of this was your fault, you likely have a claim.
Common injury claims our firm works with include the following:
Our Louisiana personal injury attorneys are available 24/7 and can offer guidance on how to proceed after an injury. We bill on contingency, which means that if we do not win a case, you do not pay anything. If you have questions about your case, the damages you may be able to recover, or other questions regarding personal injury claims, call our Personal Injury Attorneys in Louisiana, MO, immediately at 314-542-2222 or 618-272-2222 if you are in the 63353 area.
Compensation for Personal Injury Cases
One of the important factors in a personal injury case is determining negligence. It may be tempting to accept a settlement after an accident from an big insurance company or the negligent parties involved. However, it is important for our Louisiana, MO, injury attorneys to make sure your compensation is fair and justified. Here are a few ways we go about proving a claim:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: People have a moral "duty of care" in everyday life. Proving there is a duty of care is a good main step in proving negligence after an incident. For example, it is a business owner's "duty" to protect his or her customers from harm, like fixing protruding nails or a dangerous stairway. The same goes for truck drivers, big corporations, and others.
- Breach: Another step in proving negligence is showing how a person or entity "breached" their duty of care. A good example is a driver who blows a red light and crashes into another car or pedestrian. The driver knew they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not stopping.
- Causation: Causation is what caused the breach, like a landlord not salting a metal fire escape. This is the negligent act that breaches the duty of care.
- Damages: Lastly, there has to be financial repercussions. Financial harm might include rehabilitation, lost wages, and other expenses. Burger Law's Louisiana personal injury attorneys will consider short and long-term damages for our clients.
It is important to contact a skilled personal injury attorney if you need (or do not know if you need) help. Burger Law has a strong track record for providing just that and winning cases.
A couple of resources about injury law that you may find useful include:
- Frequently Asked Legal Questions
- Client Testimonials
- Video Archives
- How to Choose a Law Firm
- Our Blog
Burger Law consists of a team of personal injury lawyers who proudly serve the Greater St. Louis area with the highest standard of representation, litigation, guidance, and support. Gary Burger and his associates are dedicated to recovering compensation to help injury victims and their families to cover medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. At Burger Law, we understand how severe injuries can negatively impact your mental, physical, and financial health, and we are prepared to stand with you through the entirety of your case from medical care to insurance and employer issues.
From car accidents and slips and falls to medical malpractice and a $113 Million Verdict by the MO Department of Corrections, Burger Law has the skill-set you need to win.
How To Choose The Right Personal Injury Lawyer For Me
How do you determine which personal injury lawyer is right for you? As yo …
How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim?
Do you know how long you have to file a personal injury claim? Or when th …
When to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer
When To Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer. Accidents and injuries are always …
Your Personal Injury Attorneys in Louisiana, MO
It can be overwhelming if you are in an accident. It is important to stay calm — here are a few tips to remember if you or a family member have been in a serious accident:
Our attorneys are often asked by clients if their claim will have to go to court. This is a possibility. However, this is rare if the claim is properly managed. It is often estimated that around five percent of tort (personal injury) cases ever go into a courtroom. Burger Law's Louisiana, MO, personal injury attorneys will investigate your case and see if this is a possibility — we are not afraid to escalate a claim and take it to court.
There are three simple types of personal injury (tort) cases:
- An "Intentional Tort." This consists of assault, battery, fraud, trespassing, defamation, and other criminal-like behavior.
- Negligence Torts are the most common. This includes car and truck accidents, medical malpractice, workplace injuries, dog bites, and others.
- Strict Liability torts are usually cut and dry. These may include defective products, animal attacks, and other (obvious) dangerous activities.
Our Louisiana, MO, personal injury attorneys will investigate your claim and make sure we approach it in the appropriate way to ensure maximum compensation for your injuries. Do not hesitate to contact us today to speak with an actual lawyer.
There is no obligation. Feel free to talk to us without worrying about fees. Our personal injury attorneys in Louisiana, MO, defend victims and their families and make sure they are fairly compensated.
Get Help Today
Injury claims usually rely on negligence and fault. This allows victims to seek compensation. This is not easy to do on your own. Let Burger Law give you the legal representation you deserve. Contact our Personal Injury Attorneys in Louisiana, MO, now for a consultation and case review.