Personal Injury AttorneyMaries County, MO
Have you been in an accident? Are you looking for legal representation and do not know what to do? Burger Law is here to help.
Our Maries County, MO, Personal Injury Attorneys at Burger Law provide legal services to victims and their families in the Greater St. Louis area and beyond. It is important to our firm to help people get the compensation and assistance they need after an accident. Our Maries County, MO, Personal Injury Attorneys will ensure you get the legal assistance you deserve. Feel free to contact Burger Law now for more information.
Selecting the right personal injury firm near Maries County, MO, is an important decision. Our lawyers' goal is to win full recovery over your settlement. This may include special and general damages for your case like loss of income, property damages, medical treatment, pain and suffering, and others. We will get into this in more detail further down this page. Reach out to Burger Law and your Maries County, MO, personal injury lawyers today if you might have a case.
Do You Have an Injury Case?
Burger Law has won millions for Maries County, MO, personal injury victims. Many of these cases involve vehicle-related accidents, worker's compensation, medical malpractice claims, premise liability, and other types of claims. Personal injury is a broad case-type that involves any number of injuries. Birth injuries, wrongful death, nursing home abuse, swimming pool accidents: If there are financial damages, you might have a claim.
Burger Law's personal injury lawyers in Maries County, MO, will look into your case. If there are financial damages, it is important to receive quality legal support. A serious injury can lead to serious repercussions. If you cannot work, have thousands in medical bills, and none of this was your fault, you likely have a claim.
Common injury cases we firm works with include the following:
Our Maries County personal injury attorneys are available 24/7 and can offer guidance on how to proceed after an injury. We bill on contingency, which means that if we do not win a case, you do not pay anything. If you have questions about your case, the damages you may be able to recover, or other questions regarding personal injury claims, call our Personal Injury Attorneys in Maries County, MO, now at 314-542-2222 or 618-272-2222 if you are in 65580.
Damages for Personal Injury Cases
One of the important factors in a personal injury case is determining negligence. You may be able to get a quick and easy insurance payout (settlement). This can be tempting. However, it is important for our Maries County, MO, injury attorneys to make sure your compensation is fair. Here are a few ways we go about proving a claim:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: We as a society have a moral "duty of care" in everyday life. Proving there is a duty of care is a good first step in proving negligence after an incident. For example, it is a business owner's "duty" to protect his or her customers from harm, like fixing protruding nails or a dangerous stairway. The same goes for truck drivers, giant corporations, and others.
- Breach: Another step for proving negligence is showing how a person or entity "breached" their duty of care. An example would be a driver that blows a red light and crashes into another car or pedestrian. They know they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not stopping.
- Causation: Causation is simply what caused the breach, like a driver knowing they're going too fast. This is the negligent act that breaches any expected duty of care.
- Damages: Lastly, there must be financial damages. Financial harm may include rehabilitation, lost wages, and other expenses. Our Maries County personal injury lawyers will consider short and long-term damages for our clients.
It is important to contact a skilled personal injury attorney if you need (or do not know if you need) help. Burger Law has a strong track record for providing just that and winning cases.
A few resources about injury law that you may find useful include:
- Frequently Asked Legal Questions
- Client Testimonials
- Video Archives
- How to Choose a Law Firm
- Our Blog
Burger Law consists of a team of personal injury lawyers who proudly serve the Greater St. Louis area with the highest standard of representation, litigation, guidance, and support. Gary Burger and his associates are dedicated to recovering compensation to help injury victims and their families to cover medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. At Burger Law, we understand how severe injuries can negatively impact your mental, physical, and financial health, and we are prepared to stand with you through the entirety of your case from medical care to insurance and employer issues.
From car accidents and slips and falls to medical malpractice and a $113 Million Verdict by the MO Department of Corrections, Burger Law has the skill-set you need to win.
How To Choose The Right Personal Injury Lawyer For Me
How do you determine which personal injury lawyer is right for you? As yo …
How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim?
Do you know how long you have to file a personal injury claim? Or when th …
When to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer
When To Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer. Accidents and injuries are always …
Your Personal Injury Attorneys in Maries County, MO
We understand that it might be overwhelming to handle legal matters after an accident. It is essential to stay calm — below are a few things to keep in mind if you have been in an accident:
Our attorneys are often asked by clients if their claim will have to go to court. This is a possibility. However, this is rare if the claim is properly managed. It is often cited that around five percent of tort (personal injury) cases ever make it to a courtroom. Burger Law's Maries County, MO, personal injury attorneys will investigate your case and see if this is a possibility — we are not afraid to escalate a claim and take it to court.
There are three simple types of personal injury (tort) cases:
- Intentional Torts consist of criminal behavior. This might include battery, assault, fraud, defamation, and other types of criminal activity.
- The most common type of tort case is Negligence which involves anything from a dog bite and a car accident to workplace injuries and medical malpractice.
- Strict Liability torts are often very clear. This may include defective products, animal attacks, and other (obvious) dangerous activities.
Burger Law's Maries County, MO, personal injury attorneys are ready and willing to take your case to ensure optimal compensation for your injuries. Do not hesitate to contact us now to speak with an actual lawyer.
There is no obligation. Feel free to talk to us without worrying about up-front fees. Our personal injury attorneys in Maries County, MO, defend victims and their families and make sure they get the compensation they deserve.
Get Help Now
Accident claims usually rely on negligence and fault. This allows victims to seek compensation. This is not easy to do on your own. Let our firm give you the legal representation you need. Contact our Personal Injury Attorneys in Maries County, MO, now for a consultation and case review.