Personal Injury AttorneyMarshall, IL
Have you been in an accident? Are you looking for legal representation and do not know what to do? Burger Law is here to help.
Our Marshall, IL, Personal Injury Attorneys at Burger Law have provided legal representation to clients throughout the Midwest. It is important for our firm to help people get the compensation and assistance they need after an accident. Our Marshall, IL, Personal Injury Attorneys can ensure you get the legal assistance you deserve. Do not hesitate to contact our firm today if you have any questions.
Choosing the right personal injury firm near Marshall, IL, is an important decision. Our lawyers' goal is to win full recovery over your settlement. This includes general and special damages for your case like hospital bills, loss of enjoyment, lost income, emotional distress, and others. We will cover this in more detail further down this page. Reach out to our firm and your Marshall, IL, personal injury lawyers today if you might have a case.
Do You Have a Personal Injury Case?
Burger Law has won millions for Marshall, IL, injury clients. Many of these cases involve vehicle-related accidents, worker's compensation, medical malpractice claims, premise liability, and other types of claims. Personal injury is a wide case-type that can involve any number of injuries. Birth injuries, wrongful death, nursing home abuse, swimming pool accidents: If there are financial damages, you may have a claim.
Our personal injury attorneys in Marshall, IL, will assess your case. If there are financial damages, it is essential that you get the legal support you need. A serious injury may lead to serious repercussions. If, for instance, you have high medical bills, can no longer work, and are struggling due to an injury, you probably have a valid claim.
Common injury claims we firm works with include:
Our Marshall personal injury attorneys are available 24/7 and can offer guidance on how to proceed after an injury. We bill on contingency, which means that if we do not win a case, you do not pay anything. If you have questions about your case, the damages you may be able to recover, or other questions regarding personal injury claims, call our Personal Injury Attorneys in Marshall, IL, now at 314-542-2222 or 618-272-2222 if you are in the 62441 area.
Compensation for Personal Injury Cases
It is important to prove negligence in a personal injury case. It may be tempting to accept a settlement after an accident from an big insurance company or the negligent parties involved. However, it is important for our Marshall, IL, injury attorneys to make sure your compensation is fair. Here are a few ways we go about proving a claim:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: We as a society have a moral "duty of care" in everyday life. Proving that there is a duty of care is the main step in proving negligence after an accident. For instance, it is a business owner's "duty" to protect his or her patrons from harm, like fixing protruding nails or a dangerous stairway. The same goes for truck drivers, giant corporations, and others.
- Breach: Another step in proving negligence is showing how the negligent party "breached" their duty of care. An example would be a driver who ignores a stop sign and crashes into another car or pedestrian. The driver knew they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not stopping.
- Causation: Causation is what caused the breach, like a store owner knowingly ignoring a dangerous situation. This is the negligent act that breaches any expected duty of care.
- Damages: Lastly, there has to be financial repercussions. Financial harm may include rehabilitation, lost wages, and other expenses. Our Marshall personal injury lawyers will consider short and long-term damages for our clients.
It is important to contact a qualified personal injury attorney if you need (or do not know if you need) help. Burger Law has a strong track record for providing just that and winning cases.
A couple of resources about personal injury law that you may find useful include:
- Frequently Asked Legal Questions
- Client Testimonials
- Video Archives
- How to Choose a Law Firm
- Our Blog
Burger Law is made up of a team of personal injury attorneys who proudly serve the Greater St. Louis area with the highest standard of representation, litigation, guidance, and support. Gary Burger and his associates are dedicated to recovering compensation to help injury victims and their families to cover medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. At Burger Law, we understand how severe injuries can negatively impact your mental, physical, and financial health, and we are prepared to stand with you through the entirety of your case from medical care to insurance and employer issues.
From car accidents and slips and falls to medical malpractice and a $113 Million Verdict by the MO Department of Corrections, Burger Law has the skill-set you need to win.
How To Choose The Right Personal Injury Lawyer For Me
How do you determine which personal injury lawyer is right for you? As yo …
How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim?
Do you know how long you have to file a personal injury claim? Or when th …
When to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer
When To Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer. Accidents and injuries are always …
Your Personal Injury Attorneys in Marshall, IL
It can be overwhelming if you are in an accident. It is essential to stay calm and collected — below are a few things to keep in mind if you have been in an accident:
A frequently asked question is "Will my claim go to court." This is a possibility. However, this is not a likely scenario if the claim is properly managed. It is often estimated that about five percent of tort (personal injury) cases ever make it to a courtroom. Our Marshall, IL, personal injury attorneys will investigate your case and see if this is a possibility — we are not afraid to take a claim to trial.
There are three simple types of personal injury (tort) cases:
- Intentional Torts consist of criminal behavior. This might include battery, assault, fraud, defamation, and other types of criminal activity.
- The most common type of tort case is Negligence which involves anything from a dog bite and a car accident to workplace injuries and medical malpractice.
- Strict Liability torts are usually very clear. These may include defective products, animal attacks, and other (obvious) dangerous activities.
Burger Law's Marshall, IL, personal injury attorneys are ready and willing to take your case to ensure optimal compensation for your injuries. Do not hesitate to contact us now to speak with an actual attorney.
There is no obligation. Feel free to talk to us without worrying about fees. Our personal injury attorneys in Marshall, IL, defend victims and their families and make sure they get the highest amount of compensation possible.
Get Help Now
Accident claims typically rely on negligence or fault. This allows victims and their families to seek compensation. This is not easy to do on your own. Let our firm give you the legal support you deserve. Contact our Personal Injury Attorneys in Marshall, IL, today for a consultation and case review.