Personal Injury AttorneyMattoon, IL
Have you been in an accident? Are you looking for legal representation and do not know what to do? Burger Law is here to help.
Our Mattoon, IL, Personal Injury Attorneys at Burger Law provide legal services to victims and their families in the Greater St. Louis area and beyond. It is important for our firm to help people get the compensation and assistance they need after an accident. Burger Law's Mattoon, IL, Personal Injury Attorneys will ensure you get the legal help you deserve. Do not hesitate to contact our firm today if you have any questions.
Picking the right personal injury firm in Mattoon, IL, is an important decision. It is our job to make sure you are fully compensated for your injuries. This may include general and special damages for your case such as loss of income, property damages, medical treatment, pain and suffering, and others. We will get into this in more detail later on. Reach out to Burger Law and your Mattoon, IL, personal injury lawyers today if you might have a case.
Do You Have a Personal Injury Claim?
Burger Law has won millions for Mattoon, IL, injury clients. This includes car accidents, medical malpractice, product liability, slips and falls, worker's compensation, and others. Personal injury is a wide case-type that involves any number of injuries. Nursing home abuse, motorcycle accidents, consumer protection, birth injuries: If there are financial damages, you might have a claim.
Burger Law's personal injury attorneys in Mattoon, IL, will look into your case. If there are financial damages, it is essential that you get the legal support you need. A serious injury may lead to serious repercussions. If, for instance, you have high medical bills, can no longer work, and are struggling due to an injury, you probably have a valid claim.
Common injury claims we firm works with include the following:
Our Mattoon personal injury attorneys are available 24/7 and offer advice on how to proceed after an injury. We charge on contingency, which means that if we do not win a case, you do not pay anything. If you have questions about your case, the damages you may be able to recover, or other questions regarding personal injury claims, call our Personal Injury Attorneys in Mattoon, IL, immediately at 314-542-2222 or 618-272-2222 if you are in the 61938 area.
Compensation for Personal Injury Cases
One of the important factors in a personal injury case is determining negligence. It may be tempting to accept a settlement after an accident from an big insurance company or the negligent parties involved. However, it is important for our Mattoon, IL, injury attorneys to make sure your compensation is fair. Here are a few ways we go about proving a claim:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: People have a moral "duty of care" in everyday life. Proving there is a duty of care is the main step in proving negligence after an accident. For example, it is a business owner's "duty" to protect their patrons from harm, like fixing faulty wiring or a loose handrail. The same goes for truck drivers, giant corporations, and others.
- Breach: Another step for proving negligence is showing how a person or entity "breached" their duty of care. An example would be a driver who blows a red light and crashes into another car or pedestrian. The driver knew they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not stopping.
- Causation: Causation is what caused the breach, like a landlord not salting a metal fire escape. This is the negligent act that breaches any expected duty of care.
- Damages: Finally, there must be financial repercussions. Financial harm may include medical bills, lost time at work due to an injury, and other expenses. Burger Law's Mattoon personal injury attorneys will consider short and long-term damages for our clients.
It is important to contact a skilled PI lawyer if you need (or do not know if you need) legal representation. Burger Law has a strong track record for providing just that and winning cases.
A few resources about injury law that you may find useful include:
- Frequently Asked Legal Questions
- Client Testimonials
- Video Archives
- How to Choose a Law Firm
- Our Blog
Burger Law is made up of a team of personal injury lawyers who proudly serve the Greater St. Louis area with the highest standard of representation, litigation, guidance, and support. Gary Burger and his associates are dedicated to recovering compensation to help injury victims and their families in order to cover medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. At Burger Law, we understand how severe injuries can negatively impact your mental, physical, and financial health, and we are prepared to stand with you through the entirety of your case from https://winters.com/ambien-10mg/ medical care to insurance and employer issues.
From car accidents and slips and falls to medical malpractice and a $113 Million Verdict by the MO Department of Corrections, our firm has the experience you need to win.
How To Choose The Right Personal Injury Lawyer For Me
How do you determine which personal injury lawyer is right for you? As yo …
How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim?
Do you know how long you have to file a personal injury claim? Or when th …
When to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer
When To Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer. Accidents and injuries are always …
Your Personal Injury Attorneys in Mattoon, IL
It can be overwhelming if you are in an accident. It is essential to stay calm — below are a few things to keep in mind if you have been in an accident:
Our attorneys are often asked by clients if their claim will have to go to court. This is a possibility. However, this is rare if the case is properly managed. It is often estimated that about five percent of tort (personal injury) cases ever go into a courtroom. Our Mattoon, IL, personal injury attorneys will investigate your case and see if this is a possibility — we are not afraid to take a claim to trial.
There are three basic types of personal injury (tort) cases:
- An "Intentional Tort." This consists of assault, battery, fraud, trespassing, defamation, and other criminal-like behavior.
- The most common type of tort case is Negligence which involves anything from a dog bite and a car accident to workplace injuries and medical malpractice.
- Strict Liability torts are usually cut and dry. This may include defective products, animal attacks, and other (obvious) dangerous activities.
Our Mattoon, IL, personal injury attorneys will investigate your claim and make sure we approach it in the appropriate way to ensure maximum compensation for your injuries. Do not hesitate to contact us today to speak with an actual lawyer.
- Car Accident Attorney in Illinois
- Premises Liability Lawyer in Illinois
- Truck Accident Law Firm in Illinois
- Car Crash Lawyer in Illinois
- Personal Injury Attorney in Illinois
There is no obligation. You can talk to us without worrying about payment. Our personal injury attorneys in Mattoon, IL, defend victims and their families and make sure they are fairly compensated.
Get Help Today
Accident claims typically rely on the legal theory of negligence and fault. This allows victims to seek compensation. This is not easy to do on your own. Let our firm give you the legal support you deserve. Contact our Personal Injury Attorneys in Mattoon, IL, now for a consultation and case review.