Personal Injury AttorneyNew Athens, IL
Have you been in an accident? Are you looking for legal representation and do not know what to do? Burger Law is here to help.
Our New Athens, IL, Personal Injury Attorneys at Burger Law provide legal services to victims and their families in the Greater St. Louis area and beyond. It is important for our firm to help people get the compensation and assistance they need after an accident. Burger Law's New Athens, IL, Personal Injury Attorneys can make sure you get the legal help you deserve. Feel free to contact Burger Law now for more information.
Choosing the right personal injury firm in New Athens, IL, is an important decision. It is our job to make sure you are fully compensated for your injuries. This includes special and general damages for your case such as loss of income, property damages, medical treatment, pain and suffering, and others. We will cover this in more detail further down this page. Reach out to Burger Law and your New Athens, IL, personal injury lawyers now if you might have a case.
Do You Have a Personal Injury Case?
Burger Law has won millions for New Athens, IL, personal injury victims. This includes vehicle-related accidents, worker's compensation, medical malpractice claims, premise liability, and other types of claims. Personal injury is a wide case-type that can involve any number of injuries. Nursing home abuse, motorcycle accidents, consumer protection, birth injuries: If there are financial damages, you may have a claim.
Our personal injury attorneys in New Athens, IL, will look into your case. If there are financial damages, it is essential that you get the legal support you need. A serious injury can lead to serious repercussions. If you cannot work, have thousands in medical bills, and none of this was your fault, you likely have a claim.
Common accident cases our firm works with include:
Our New Athens personal injury attorneys are available 24/7 and can offer advice on how to proceed after an injury. We bill on contingency, which means that if we do not win a claim, you do not pay anything. If you have questions about your case, the damages you may be able to recover, or other questions regarding personal injury claims, call our Personal Injury Attorneys in New Athens, IL, now at 314-542-2222 or 618-272-2222 if you are in the 62264 area.
Damages for Personal Injury Claims
One of the important factors in a personal injury case is determining negligence. You may be able to get a quick and easy insurance payout (settlement). This can be tempting. However, it is important for our New Athens, IL, injury attorneys to make sure your compensation is fair. Here are a few objectives for proving you have a legitimate case:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: We as a society have a moral "duty of care" in everyday life. Proving that there is a duty of care is the first step in proving negligence after an incident. For example, it is a business owner's "duty" to protect his or her customers from harm, like fixing faulty wiring or a loose handrail. The same goes for truck drivers, giant corporations, and others.
- Breach: Another step for proving negligence is showing how an entity "breached" their duty of care. An example would be a driver who blows a red light and crashes into another car or pedestrian. The driver knew they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not stopping.
- Causation: Causation is what caused the breach, like a store owner knowingly ignoring a dangerous situation. This is the negligent act that breaches any expected duty of care.
- Damages: Finally, there has to be financial repercussions. Financial harm may include lost wages, medical bills, and other expenses. Our New Athens personal injury lawyers will consider short and long-term damages for our clients.
It is important to contact a qualified PI lawyer if you need (or do not know if you need) help. Burger Law has a strong track record for providing just that and winning cases.
A couple of resources about personal injury law that you may find useful include:
- Frequently Asked Legal Questions
- Client Testimonials
- Video Archives
- How to Choose a Law Firm
- Our Blog
Burger Law consists of a team of personal injury lawyers who proudly serve the Greater St. Louis area with the highest standard of representation, litigation, guidance, and support. Gary Burger and his associates are dedicated to recovering compensation to help injury victims and their families in order to cover medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. At Burger Law, we understand how severe injuries can negatively impact your mental, physical, and financial health, and we are prepared to stand with you through the entirety of your case from medical care to insurance and employer issues.
From car accidents and slips and falls to medical malpractice and a $113 Million Verdict by the MO Department of Corrections, our firm has the experience you need to win.
How To Choose The Right Personal Injury Lawyer For Me
How do you determine which personal injury lawyer is right for you? As yo …
How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim?
Do you know how long you have to file a personal injury claim? Or when th …
When to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer
When To Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer. Accidents and injuries are always …
Your Personal Injury Attorneys in New Athens, IL
It can be overwhelming if you are in an accident. It is essential to stay calm — here are a few tips to remember if you or a family member have been in a serious accident:
A frequently asked question is "Will my claim go to court." This is a possibility. However, this is not a likely scenario if the claim is properly managed. It is often estimated that around five percent of tort (personal injury) cases ever make it to a courtroom. Burger Law's New Athens, IL, personal injury attorneys will investigate your case and see if this is a possibility — our lawyers are not scared to take a claim to trial.
There are three basic types of personal injury (tort) cases:
- An "Intentional Tort." This consists of assault, battery, fraud, trespassing, defamation, and other criminal-like behavior.
- The most common type of tort case is Negligence which involves anything from a dog bite and a car accident to workplace injuries and medical malpractice.
- Strict Liability torts are very very clear. This may include defective products, animal attacks, and other (obvious) dangerous activities.
Burger Law's New Athens, IL, personal injury attorneys will investigate your claim and make sure we approach it in the appropriate way to ensure maximum compensation for your injuries. Do not hesitate to contact us now to speak with an actual lawyer.
There is no obligation. You can talk to us without worrying about fees. Our personal injury attorneys in New Athens, IL, defend victims and their families and make sure they get the compensation they deserve.
Get Help Now
Accident claims typically rely on negligence or fault. This allows victims to seek compensation. This is not easy to do on your own. Let Burger Law give you the legal support you deserve. Contact our Personal Injury Attorneys in New Athens, IL, today for a consultation and case review.