Personal Injury AttorneyNew Haven, MO
Have you been in an accident? Are you looking for legal representation and do not know what to do? Burger Law is here to help.
Our New Haven, MO, Personal Injury Attorneys at Burger Law have provided legal representation to clients throughout the Midwest. It is important to our firm to help people get the compensation and assistance they need after an accident. Our New Haven, MO, Personal Injury Attorneys can ensure you get the legal help you deserve. Feel free to contact Burger Law now for more information.
Picking the right personal injury firm in New Haven, MO, is an important decision. It is our job to make sure you are fully compensated for your injuries. This includes general and special damages for your case like hospital bills, loss of enjoyment, lost income, emotional distress, and others. We will get into this in more detail later on. Reach out to our firm and your New Haven, MO, personal injury lawyers today if you think you might have a claim.
Do You Have a Personal Injury Case?
Burger Law has won millions for New Haven, MO, personal injury clients. Many of these cases involve car accidents, medical malpractice, product liability, slips and falls, worker's compensation, and others. Personal injury is a broad case-type that can involve any number of injuries. Nursing home abuse, motorcycle accidents, consumer protection, birth injuries: If there are financial damages, you might have a claim.
Our personal injury attorneys in New Haven, MO, will assess your case. If there are financial damages, it is essential that you get the legal support you need. A serious injury can lead to serious repercussions. If, for instance, you have high medical bills, can no longer work, and are struggling due to an injury, you probably have a valid claim.
Common accident cases our firm works with include:
Our New Haven personal injury attorneys are available 24/7 and can offer advice on how to proceed after an injury. We charge on contingency, which means that if we do not win a case, you do not pay any legal fees. If you have questions about your case, the damages you may be able to recover, or other questions regarding personal injury claims, call our Personal Injury Attorneys in New Haven, MO, immediately at 314-542-2222 or 618-272-2222.
Damages for Personal Injury Claims
One of the important factors in a personal injury case is determining negligence. You may be able to get a quick and easy insurance payout (settlement). This can be tempting. However, it is important for our New Haven, MO, injury attorneys to make sure your compensation is fair. Here are a few ways we go about proving a claim:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: People have a moral "duty of care" in everyday life. Proving that there is a duty of care is the main step in proving negligence after an incident. For example, it is a business owner's "duty" to protect his or her customers from harm, such as fixing faulty wiring or a loose handrail. The same goes for truck drivers, big corporations, and others.
- Breach: Another step in proving negligence is showing how an entity "breached" their duty of care. An example would be a driver who blows a red light and crashes into another car or pedestrian. The driver knew they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not stopping.
- Causation: Causation is what caused the breach, like a store owner knowingly ignoring a dangerous situation. This is the negligent act that breaches any expected duty of care.
- Damages: Lastly, there has to be financial damages. Financial harm may include medical bills, lost time at work due to an injury, and other expenses. Our New Haven personal injury lawyers will consider short and long-term damages for our clients.
It is important to contact a qualified PI attorney if you need (or do not know if you need) help. Burger Law has a strong track record for providing just that and winning cases.
A couple of resources about injury law that you may find useful include:
- Frequently Asked Legal Questions
- Client Testimonials
- Video Archives
- How to Choose a Law Firm
- Our Blog
Burger Law is made up of a team of personal injury lawyers who proudly serve the Greater St. Louis area with the highest standard of representation, litigation, guidance, and support. Gary Burger and his associates are dedicated to recovering compensation to help injury victims and their families to cover medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. At Burger Law, we understand how severe injuries can negatively impact your mental, physical, and financial health, and we are prepared to stand with you through the entirety of your case from medical care to insurance and employer issues.
From car accidents and slips and falls to medical malpractice and a $113 Million Verdict by the MO Department of Corrections, our firm has the experience you need to win.
How To Choose The Right Personal Injury Lawyer For Me
How do you determine which personal injury lawyer is right for you? As yo …
How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim?
Do you know how long you have to file a personal injury claim? Or when th …
When to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer
When To Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer. Accidents and injuries are always …
Your Personal Injury Attorneys in New Haven, MO
We understand that it might be overwhelming to handle legal matters after an accident. It is essential to stay calm — here are a few steps to take if you are in an accident:
Our attorneys are often asked by clients if their claim will have to go to court. This is a possibility. However, this is not a likely scenario if the case is properly managed. It is often cited that about five percent of tort (personal injury) cases ever end up in a courtroom. Burger Law's New Haven, MO, personal injury attorneys will investigate your case and see if this is a possibility — our lawyers are not scared to escalate a claim and take it to court.
There are three simple types of personal injury (tort) cases:
- Intentional Torts consist of criminal behavior. This might include battery, assault, fraud, defamation, and other types of criminal activity.
- The most common type of tort case is Negligence which involves anything from a dog bite and a car accident to workplace injuries and medical malpractice.
- Strict Liability torts are very very clear. These may include defective products, animal attacks, and other (obvious) dangerous activities.
Our New Haven, MO, personal injury attorneys are ready and willing to take your case to ensure optimal compensation for your injuries. Do not hesitate to contact us now to speak with an actual attorney.
There is no obligation. You can talk to us without worrying about up-front fees. Our personal injury attorneys in New Haven, MO, defend victims and their families and make sure they are fairly compensated.
Get Help Today
Injury claims typically rely on the legal theory of negligence or fault. This allows victims and their families to seek compensation. This is not easy to do on your own. Let our firm give you the legal representation you need. Contact our Personal Injury Attorneys in New Haven, MO, today for a consultation and case review.