Personal Injury AttorneyNewton, IL
Have you been in an accident? Are you looking for legal representation and do not know what to do? Burger Law is here to help.
Our Newton, IL, Personal Injury Attorneys at Burger Law have provided legal representation to clients throughout the Midwest. It is important for our firm to help people get the compensation and assistance they need after an accident. Burger Law's Newton, IL, Personal Injury Attorneys can make sure you get the legal assistance you need. Do not hesitate to contact our firm today if you have any questions.
Picking the right personal injury firm near Newton, IL, is an important decision. It is our job to make sure you are fully compensated for your injuries. This includes special and general damages for your case such as hospital bills, loss of enjoyment, lost income, emotional distress, and others. We will cover this in more detail further down this page. Reach out to our firm and your Newton, IL, personal injury lawyers today if you might have a case.
Do You Have a Personal Injury Claim?
Burger Law has won millions for Newton, IL, injury clients. This includes car accidents, medical malpractice, product liability, slips and falls, worker's compensation, and others. Personal injury is a broad case-type that can involve any number of injuries. Birth injuries, wrongful death, nursing home abuse, swimming pool accidents: If there are financial damages, you might have a claim.
Burger Law's personal injury attorneys in Newton, IL, will assess your case. If there are financial damages, it is important to receive quality legal support. A serious injury can lead to serious repercussions. If you cannot work, have thousands in medical bills, and none of this was your fault, you likely have a claim.
Common accident claims our firm works with include:
Our Newton personal injury attorneys are available 24/7 and offer advice on how to proceed after an injury. We bill on contingency, which means that if we do not win a claim, you do not pay any legal fees. If you have questions about your case, the damages you may be able to recover, or other questions regarding personal injury claims, call our Personal Injury Attorneys in Newton, IL, immediately at 314-542-2222 or 618-272-2222 if you are in the 62448 area.
Compensation for Personal Injury Claims
One of the important factors in a personal injury case is determining negligence. You may be able to get a quick and easy insurance payout (settlement). This can be tempting. However, it is important for our Newton, IL, injury attorneys to make sure your compensation is fair and justified. Here are a few ways we go about proving a claim:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: We as a society have a moral "duty of care" in everyday life. Proving there is a duty of care is a good first step in proving negligence after an incident. For example, it is a business owner's "duty" to protect his or her customers from harm, like fixing a hole in the floor or faulty wiring. The same goes for truck drivers, big corporations, and others.
- Breach: Another step for proving negligence is showing how a person or entity "breached" their duty of care. A good example is a driver who ignores a stop sign and crashes into another car or pedestrian. They know they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not doing so.
- Causation: Causation is what caused the breach, like a store owner knowingly ignoring a dangerous situation. This is the negligent act that breaches the duty of care.
- Damages: Lastly, there has to be financial repercussions. Financial harm might include lost wages, medical bills, and other expenses. Burger Law's Newton personal injury attorneys will consider short and long-term damages for our clients.
It is important to contact a qualified personal injury attorney if you need (or do not know if you need) help. Burger Law has a strong track record for providing just that and winning cases.
A few resources about injury law that you may find useful include:
- Frequently Asked Legal Questions
- Client Testimonials
- Video Archives
- How to Choose a Law Firm
- Our Blog
Burger Law is made up of a team of personal injury attorneys who proudly serve the Greater St. Louis area with the highest standard of representation, litigation, guidance, and support. Gary Burger and his associates are dedicated to recovering compensation to help injury victims and their families in order to cover medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. At Burger Law, we understand how severe injuries can negatively impact your mental, physical, and financial health, and we are prepared to stand with you through the entirety of your case from medical care to insurance and employer issues.
From semi-truck accidents and product liability to worker's compensation cases and a $113 Million Verdict by the MO Department of Corrections, Burger Law has the experience you need to win.
How To Choose The Right Personal Injury Lawyer For Me
How do you determine which personal injury lawyer is right for you? As yo …
How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim?
Do you know how long you have to file a personal injury claim? Or when th …
When to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer
When To Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer. Accidents and injuries are always …
Your Personal Injury Attorneys in Newton, IL
We understand that it might be overwhelming to handle legal matters after an accident. It is important to stay calm and collected — below are a few things to keep in mind if you have been in an accident:
Our attorneys are often asked by clients if their claim will have to go to court. This is a possibility. However, this is rare if the case is properly managed. It is often estimated that around five percent of tort (personal injury) cases ever go into a courtroom. Burger Law's Newton, IL, personal injury attorneys will investigate your case and see if this is a possibility — our lawyers are not scared to escalate a claim and take it to court.
There are three simple types of personal injury (tort) cases:
- Intentional Torts consist of criminal behavior. This might include battery, assault, fraud, defamation, and other types of criminal activity.
- The most common type of tort case is Negligence which involves anything from a dog bite and a car accident to workplace injuries and medical malpractice.
- Strict Liability torts are usually very clear. This may include defective products, animal attacks, and other (obvious) dangerous activities.
Burger Law's Newton, IL, personal injury attorneys will investigate your claim and make sure we approach it in the appropriate way to ensure maximum compensation for your injuries. Do not hesitate to contact us today to speak with an actual lawyer.
There is no obligation. Feel free to talk to us without worrying about fees. Our personal injury attorneys in Newton, IL, defend victims and their families and make sure they are fairly compensated.
Get Help Today
Accident claims typically rely on the legal theory of negligence and fault. This allows victims to seek compensation. This is not easy to do on your own. Let Burger Law give you the legal representation you deserve. Contact our Personal Injury Attorneys in Newton, IL, today for a consultation and case review.