Personal Injury Attorney Parkville, MO
Personal injury attorney Parkville, MO. Did another person’s negligent or reckless actions cause a preventable accident? Did this accident seriously injure you or a loved one? If so, you need to speak with a Parkville, MO personal injury attorney immediately. Give the St. Louis-based law firm of Burger Law a call right now at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online for a free, confidential, no-obligation consultation.
The Burger Law legal team fights for your rights and demands a full recovery in your Parkville, MO personal injury claim. Our personal injury lawyers have successfully recovered over $200 million in settlement and trial results for our clients, including a multi-year legal battle resulting in a trial verdict of $113 million. While your personal injury case cannot undo the injuries and pain you have sustained, compensation can help you and your family’s future during this difficult time. Our personal injury attorneys will not stop until we obtain complete compensation for your injuries.
If you or a loved one were seriously injured in an accident due to someone else’s carelessness in Parkville, MO, see how much your claim might be worth with our free personal injury calculator.
When Do I Need to Hire a Personal Injury Attorney in Parkville, state]?
Injuries occur, and they occur in a variety of situations in Parkville, MO. There are many reasons that someone else's negligence and recklessness can cause damages, and when that takes place a trustworthy and accomplished Burger Law personal injury attorney in Parkville, MO is here to stand up and fight for you. We have seen every kind of personal injury case in Parkville, MO, and understand exactly what to do to get you the full compensation you are owed and to protect your future. Do not settle before talking with a Parkville, MO personal injury attorney first.
In most instances, there are four reasons you should get a personal injury attorney after you were injured:
You Sustained Significant Injuries or Injuries That Require Long-Term Treatment in Parkville, MO
If your injuries need assistive devices like crutches or a wheelchair, will involve ongoing physical therapy and treatments or impact your ability to work and earn a living in the future, you need to hire a Burger Law personal injury attorney in Parkville, MO so the full range of your injuries is paid for.
The Parkville, MO personal injury lawyers at Burger Law have substantial medical knowledge and connections with a network of doctors and other medical experts, as well. Research by Insurance Research Institute showed that people who hire personal injury lawyers are more likely to get the full medical treatment they need. Getting the right medical treatment also enhances the value of your case.
The Insurance Company Is Not Being Fair
Despite being obligated to pay you for their client’s negligence, insurance companies are after one thing – a profit. They want to pay you as little money as possible. Insurance companies are large, for-profit businesses, and often have shareholders who will not be pleased if they pay out numerous claims. Insurance adjusters are experienced when it comes to denying or minimizing claims.
Some of the tricks insurance companies use to devalue claims are:
- Trying to get you to settle quickly, before you realize the full extent of your injuries
- Offering fake sympathy
- Attempting to shift blame for the accident on you
- Telling you lies, such as:
- Telling you your medical care was unnecessary
- Saying they do not have to pay for medical care because you have insurance
- Telling you that they do not have to pay for lost wages because you had unused vacation time
- Saying a lawyer will cost more money than they are worth
According to research by Forbes, insurance companies are less likely to deny claims when people hire a lawyer. They know they can prey on a lot of individuals, but a knowledgeable Parkville, MO personal injury attorney at Burger Law will make them realize you are intent on getting a full financial recovery.
There is Disagreement Over Who Is At Fault in the Parkville, MO Accident
Many individuals who act negligently do not want to take responsibility for their behavior. After all, if they admit they were at fault in a Parkville, MO accident, their insurance premium will rise. If the other party is disputing fault, a personal injury attorney in Parkville, MO will investigate all the facts and take official depositions to prove negligence. Burger Law knows how to hold negligent parties accountable.
There Are Other Complications to the Case
Not every Parkville, MO personal injury case is cut and dry. Sometimes, multiple people can be liable. For example, if a bar knowingly overserves a drunk driver you may be able to sue both the drunk driver and the establishment. Here are a few ways we prove a claim of negligence in Parkville, MO:
- Duty of Care: We as a society have a moral duty of care in everyday life. Proving that there is a duty of care – essentially that the other party has an obligation to value your safety – is the initial step in proving negligence. Examples include another motorist, a doctor whose care you were under or a proprietor who needs to keep their property free of hazards.
- Breach of Duty: Another step for proving negligence is showing how an entity breached their duty of care. That they neglected their obligation to act reasonably. Was the Parkville, MO driver going to fast? The driver knew they were supposed to stop, yet breached their duty of care by not doing so. Did a Parkville, MO doctor not get your consent before a certain treatment? Was the Parkville, MO property manager aware of a broken step on a stairs but not take steps to repair it?.
- Causation: Causation is simply what caused the breach, like a driver in Parkville, MO knowing they are going too fast. This is the careless and negligent act that breaches any expected duty of care.
- Damages: Finally, there must be financial repercussions. Demonstrating losses is the last step to receiving compensation. That can be lost wages from time spent off work, or emotional and physical harm such as pain and suffering. Burger Law's Parkville, MO personal injury attorneys will consider short and long-term damages for our clients.
What Should I Expect From a Parkville, MO Personal Injury Attorney?
The Burger Law personal injury attorneys have the dedication, talent, knowledge, and experience to ensure you get the case result you deserve. Often, dishonest insurance companies will attempt to take advantage of your fear and anxiety as medical bills start piling up and you miss more and more time off work. They want you to settle quickly, so they act like your friend. That is why you should always speak to a Parkville, MO personal injury lawyer first before settling a case. We have seen every trick and tactic in the book that insurance companies will throw at you to diminish your compensation. Insurance adjusters are experienced negotiators and know that this is probably the first time you have to settle an injury claim. The Parkville, MO personal injury attorneys at Burger Law fight back against resistant insurance companies. The insurance companies are afraid of us because they realize we take on and win the tough cases.
Along with standing up to bullies like resistant insurance companies, you can expect your determined and dedicated Burger Law Parkville, MO personal injury lawyer to stand by your side throughout the life of your claim. We begin working on your case immediately. We handle all documentation, communication and litigation and will keep you informed throughout the entire legal process. When you first hire our Parkville, MO personal injury attorneys, we immediately work to diligently collect evidence and interview witnesses and Parkville, MO experts. We examine every facet of your case to determine negligence and calculate the precise dollar amount of your damages. If you have been injured due to someone else's negligence or reckless actions in Parkville, MO, there is no time to delay. Missouri Revised Statute § 516.120 sets a five-year deadline for the filing of all lawsuits seeking a legal remedy for an “injury to a person.”
How Much Compensation Can I Receive for My Injuries in in Parkville, MO?
At Burger Law, we are not content to just have you reimbursed for your property damage and current medical bills. Your Parkville, MO personal injury lawyer will aggressively pursue maximum compensation for the full scope of your damages – financial and emotional. Devastating injuries do not just affect your finances, they have an impact on your family, your ability to enjoy life and your ability to carry out fundamental day-to-day tasks in Parkville, MO. You deserve to be compensated for every way that your injury has affected your life.
Generally speaking, in Missouri there are two types of damages your Parkville, MO personal injury lawyer can claim:
These compensate you for the money you have spent or missed out on due to your injuries. They include:
- Any medical bills you incurred because of the accident, such as emergency room bills, any surgeries, physical therapy and assistive devices such as home or vehicle modification. They also include future medical expenses, such as if you had a joint replacement after your accident and will need another one in the future.
- Lost wages from not being able to work, or your loss of earning capacity if your injuries prevent you from earning a living the way you are used to.
- Property damage, such as your mechanics' bills or if your cell phone was broken in a slip and fall.
- Other miscellaneous expenses incurred because of the injury such as household services and the cost of transportation you spent going to and from medical treatments.
. If you have future medical expenses or lost earning capacity, your Parkville, MO injury lawyer at Burger Law will utilize their network of medical professionals and economic experts to accurately value how much you are owed.
These damages are not as easy to quantify, and refer to intangible damages that impact your emotional well-being and ability to enjoy life in Parkville, MO. These include, but are not limited to:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
While a resistant insurance company may try to downplay your noneconomic damages in an effort to minimize your payout, your Burger Law personal injury lawyer in Parkville, MO has seen firsthand the profound impact these injuries can have on your life. We will insist that you get the complete financial recovery you are entitled to.
In cases of especially egregious negligence or misconduct, punitive damages may also be available. For example, when we sue drunk drivers near Parkville, MO, we often seek punitive damages so they are further punished and deterred.
How To Choose The Right Personal Injury Lawyer For Me
How do you determine which personal injury lawyer is right for you? As yo …
How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim?
Do you know how long you have to file a personal injury claim? Or when th …
When to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer
When To Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer. Accidents and injuries are always …
What Are the Common Types of Parkville, MO Personal Injury Cases?
- Car, Truck, Bus and Motorcycle Accidents
- Slip and Fall Accidents
- Medical Malpractice
- Wrongful Death
Auto wrecks are the most typical kind of claims that Parkville, MO personal injury attorneyssee. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's motor vehicle accident statistics, in 2019 over 36,000 people died in auto crashes in the United States, and another 2.5 million were had to go to the emergency room, resulting in $56 billion in medical expenses and lost wages nationwide.
Falling is the leading cause of emergency room trips in the US, about 8 millions visits per year. Slip and falls account for 1 million, or 12 percent of those trips. They are also the leading cause of workers' compensation cases and constitute the most time off work.
While mistakes can happen in the medical field, Parkville, MO doctors and other medical professionals are still legally bound to a standard of care. When that standard is neglected, you may have a medical malpractice case.
Your Parkville, MO personal injury lawyer at Burger Law knows that nothing can truly compensate you for the loss of a loved one. There can be many causes of wrongful death, but your Parkville, MO personal injury attorney at Burger Law will help make sure that your financial future is safeguarded and secure and that you receive the help you need.
Reach Out to a Burger Law Personal Injury Attorney in Parkville, MO
Never settle for less than you deserve. No matter if it is some other personal injury attorney trying to finagle you to hire them or a meager offer from an insurance company, do not settle. Burger Law has knowledgeable, tenacious and resolute Parkville, MO personal injury lawyers ready and willing to stand by your side and fight for your rights throughout the life of your case.