Personal Injury Attorney Peculiar, MO
Personal injury attorney Peculiar, MO. Were you seriously injured in an accident caused by another person’s reckless or negligent actions in Peculiar, MO? If so, you should talk to a Peculiar, MO personal injury attorney immediately. Call the St. Louis-based law firm of Burger Law right away at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online for a free, confidential, no-obligation case review.
The Burger Law legal team fights for your rights and demands a full recovery in your Peculiar, MO personal injury case. Our personal injury attorneys have successfully recovered over $200 million in trial results and settlements for our clients, including a multi-year legal battle ending in a trial verdict of $113 million. While your personal injury case cannot undo the injuries and pain you have sustained, compensation can help you and your family’s future during this difficult time. Our personal injury attorneys will not stop until we obtain complete compensation for your injuries.
If you or a loved one were seriously injured in an accident because of someone else’s negligence in Peculiar, MO, see how much your claim may be worth with our free personal injury calculator.
When Do I Need to Hire a Personal Injury Attorney in Peculiar, state]?
Injuries happen, and they occur in a variety of circumstances in Peculiar, MO. There are many reasons that someone else's recklessness and negligence can cause damages, and when that happens a trustworthy and accomplished Burger Law personal injury attorney in Peculiar, MO is here to fight for you. We have seen every kind of personal injury case in Peculiar, MO, and know exactly what to do to get you the full compensation you are owed and to protect your future. Never settle prior to speaking to a Peculiar, MO personal injury attorney first.
In most instances, there are four reasons you should get a personal injury attorney after you were injured:
You Sustained Significant Injuries or Injuries That Require Long-Term Care in Peculiar, MO
If your injuries require assistive devices like crutches or a wheelchair, will involve ongoing physical treatments and therapy or have an effect on your ability to work and earn a living in the future, you need to hire a personal injury lawyer in Peculiar, MO so the full extent of your injuries is paid for.
The Peculiar, MO personal injury lawyers at Burger Law have significant medical knowledge and connections with a network of doctors and other medical experts, as well. An Insurance Research Institute study found that people who are represented by personal injury lawyers are more likely to receive the full medical care they need. Getting the right medical treatment also enhances the value of your case.
The Insurance Company Is Not Being Fair
Despite being obligated to pay you for their client’s reckless behavior, insurance companies are after one thing – a profit. They want to pay you as little money as possible. Insurance companies are for-profit businesses, and frequently have shareholders who will not be pleased if they pay out numerous claims. Insurance adjusters are experienced when it comes to minimizing or denying claims.
Some of the tricks and tactics insurance companies use to devalue claims are:
- Attempting to get you to settle quickly, before you realize the full extent of your injuries
- Offering false sympathy
- Aiming to shift blame for the accident on you
- Telling you lies, such as:
- Telling you your medical care was unnecessary
- Telling you that they do not have to pay for medical care because you have insurance
- Telling you that they do not have to pay for lost wages because you had unused vacation time
- Telling you a lawyer will cost more money than they are worth
According to research by Forbes, insurance companies are far less likely to deny claims when people procure a lawyer. They recognize they can prey on a lot of people, but a knowledgeable Peculiar, MO personal injury attorney at Burger Law will make them realize you are intent on getting full compensation.
There is Disagreement Over Who Is At Fault in the Peculiar, MO Accident
Many individuals who act carelessly and negligently do not want to take responsibility for their behavior. After all, if they admit they were at fault in a Peculiar, MO accident, their insurance premium will rise. If the other party is disputing fault, a personal injury attorney in Peculiar, MO will take official depositions and investigate all the facts to prove negligence. Burger Law knows how to hold negligent parties accountable.
There Are Other Complications to the Case
Not every Peculiar, MO personal injury case is cut and dry. Sometimes, multiple individuals can be at fault. For example, if a bar knowingly overserves a drunk driver you may be able to sue both the drunk driver and the establishment. Here are a few ways we prove a claim of negligence in Peculiar, MO:
- Duty of Care: Throughout our everyday life, we have a moral duty of care to society as a whole. Proving that there is a duty of care is the first step in proving negligence in an accident. Examples include another motorist, a healthcare professional who agreed to treat you or a property manager who needs to keep their property free of hazards.
- Breach of Duty: Another step for proving negligence is showing how an entity breached their duty of care. That the party with a duty of care did not hold up their end of the bargain. Was the Peculiar, MO other motorist not looking before going through an intersection? The driver knew they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not doing so. Did a Peculiar, MO doctor not run all the tests they should have to confirm a diagnosis? Did the property manager in Peculiar, MO know of a loose floorboard but decline to repair it?.
- Causation: Causation is simply what caused the breach, much like that driver in Peculiar, MO knowing they are going too fast. This is the careless and negligent act that breaches any expected duty of care.
- Damages: Finally, there must be financial repercussions. In any personal injury case, you must demonstrate that harm was done. That can be lost wages from time spent off work, or emotional and physical harm such as pain and suffering. Burger Law's Peculiar, MO personal injury lawyers will calculate short and long-term damages for our clients.
What Should I Expect From a Peculiar, MO Personal Injury Attorney?
The Burger Law personal injury attorneys have the knowledge, experience, skill and dedication to ensure you get the result you deserve. Frequently, dishonest insurance companies will try to take advantage of your anxiety as medical bills start piling up and you miss consistent time off work. They want you to settle quickly, so they behave like your friend. That is the reason you should always speak to a Peculiar, MO personal injury lawyer first before settling a case. We have seen every trick in the book that insurance companies will throw at you to minimize your compensation. Insurance adjusters are experienced negotiators and know that this is probably the first time you have to settle an injury claim. The Peculiar, MO personal injury attorneys at Burger Law fight back against resistant insurance companies. The insurance companies are afraid of us because they know we take on the tough cases and win.
In addition to standing up to bullies like resistant insurance companies, you can expect your dedicated and determined Burger Law Peculiar, MO personal injury lawyer to be by your side throughout the life of your claim. We start working on your case from the moment you hire us. We handle all communication, documentation and litigation and will keep you informed throughout the whole legal process. When you first hire our Peculiar, MO personal injury lawyers, we immediately work to diligently collect evidence and interview eyewitnesses and Peculiar, MO experts. We examine every aspect of your case to ascertain negligence and calculate the exact dollar amount of your damages. If you have been injured due to someone else's negligence or reckless actions in Peculiar, MO, there is no time to delay. Missouri Revised Statute § 516.120 establishes a five-year deadline for the filing of all lawsuits seeking compensation for an “injury to a person.”
How Much Compensation Can I Receive for My Injuries in in Peculiar, MO?
At Burger Law, we are not content to just have you reimbursed for your property damage and current medical bills. Your Peculiar, MO personal injury lawyer will aggressively pursue maximum compensation for the full scope of your damages – financial and emotional. Catastrophic injuries do not just affect your finances, they have an impact on your family, your ability to enjoy life and your ability to carry out standard day-to-day tasks in Peculiar, MO. You deserve to be compensated for every way that your injury has affected your life.
Generally speaking, in Missouri there are two types of damages your Peculiar, MO personal injury lawyer can claim:
These compensate you for your direct financial losses. They include:
- All of your medical expenses related to the accident, such as emergency room bills, prescription medications, physical therapy and assistive devices such as crutches or wheelchairs. They also include future medical expenses, such as if you had a joint replacement because of your injuries and will need another one in the future.
- Lost wages from not being able to work, or your loss of earning potential if your injuries prevent you from earning a living the way you are used to.
- Property damage, such as your mechanics' bills or if something on your person was broken in a slip and fall.
- Other miscellaneous expenses related to the injury such as daycare and the cost of transportation you spent going to and from medical treatments.
. If you have future medical expenses or lost earning potential, your Peculiar, MO injury lawyer at Burger Law will use testimony from expert medical and economic witnesses to precisely value how much you are owed.
These damages are not as easy to quantify, and refer to intangible damages that impact your emotional well-being and ability to enjoy life in Peculiar, MO. These include, but are not limited to:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
Your Burger Law personal injury lawyer in Peculiar, MO has seen firsthand the profound impact these injuries can have on your life, despite the fact that a resistant insurance company might try to downplay your noneconomic damages to minimize your payout. We will insist that you get the complete compensation you are entitled to.
In cases of especially egregious negligence or misconduct, you may be able to recover punitive damages as well. For example, when we sue drunk drivers near Peculiar, MO, we do it so they know exactly how dangerous their actions were.
How To Choose The Right Personal Injury Lawyer For Me
How do you determine which personal injury lawyer is right for you? As yo …
How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim?
Do you know how long you have to file a personal injury claim? Or when th …
When to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer
When To Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer. Accidents and injuries are always …
What Are Some Common Types of Peculiar, MO Personal Injury Cases?
Call Burger Law right now at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online contact form to discuss the specifics of your case in Peculiar, MO. Some of the typical personal injury cases our Peculiar, MO attorneys see are:
- Car, Truck, Bus and Motorcycle Accidents
- Slip and Fall Accidents
- Medical Malpractice
- Wrongful Death
Auto collisions are the most common type of claims that Peculiar, MO personal injury attorneyssee. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's motor vehicle accident statistics, in 2019 more than 36,000 people died in auto crashes in the United States, and another 2.5 million were had to go to the emergency room, resulting in $56 billion in medical costs and lost wages nationwide.
Falling is the leading cause of emergency room visits in the US, about 8 millions visits per year. Slip and falls make up 1 million, or 12 percent of those trips. They are also the leading cause of workers' compensation cases and account for the most days missed from work.
While errors can occur in the medical field, Peculiar, MO doctors and other medical professionals are still held to a standard of care. When that standard is violated, you may have a medical malpractice claim.
Your Peculiar, MO personal injury lawyer at Burger Law knows that nothing is more painful than when a loved one passes too soon. There are a lot of causes of wrongful death, but your Peculiar, MO personal injury attorney at Burger Law will help ensure that your financial future is protected and secure and that you get the support you need.
Reach Out to a Burger Law Personal Injury Attorney in Peculiar, MO
No matter if it is some other personal injury attorney trying to plot and scheme you into hiring them or a paltry offer from an insurance company, do not take less than you deserve. Never settle. Burger Law has knowledgeable, tenacious and resolute Peculiar, MO personal injury lawyers ready to stand by your side and fight for your rights throughout your case.