Personal Injury AttorneyPortageville, MO
Have you been in an accident? Are you looking for legal representation and do not know what to do? Burger Law is here to help.
Our Portageville, MO, Personal Injury Attorneys at Burger Law provide legal services to victims and their families in the Greater St. Louis area and beyond. It is important to our firm to help people get the compensation and assistance they need after an accident. Our Portageville, MO, Personal Injury Attorneys can ensure you get the legal assistance you deserve. Do not hesitate to contact our firm today if you have any questions.
Picking the right personal injury firm in Portageville, MO, is an important decision. Our lawyers' goal is to win full recovery over your settlement. This includes special and general damages for your case such as hospital bills, loss of enjoyment, lost income, emotional distress, and others. We will get into this in more detail further down this page. Reach out to Burger Law and your Portageville, MO, personal injury lawyers now if you think you might have a claim.
Do You Have a Personal Injury Case?
Burger Law has won millions for Portageville, MO, personal injury clients. Many of these cases involve car accidents, medical malpractice, product liability, slips and falls, worker's compensation, and others. Personal injury is a broad case-type that can involve any number of injuries. Nursing home abuse, motorcycle accidents, consumer protection, birth injuries: If there are financial damages, you may have a claim.
Our personal injury attorneys in Portageville, MO, will look into your case. If there are financial damages, it is important to receive quality legal support. A serious injury can lead to serious repercussions. If you cannot work, have thousands in medical bills, and none of this was your fault, you likely have a claim.
Common injury cases we firm works with include:
Our Portageville personal injury attorneys are available 24/7 and offer guidance on how to proceed after an injury. We charge on contingency, which means that if we do not win a claim, you do not pay anything. If you have questions about your case, the damages you may be able to recover, or other questions regarding personal injury claims, call our Personal Injury Attorneys in Portageville, MO, now at 314-542-2222 or 618-272-2222 if you are in the 63873 area.
Compensation for Personal Injury Cases
One of the important factors in a personal injury case is determining negligence. You may be able to get a quick and easy insurance payout (settlement). This can be tempting. However, it is important for our Portageville, MO, injury attorneys to make sure your compensation is fair. Here are a few objectives for proving you have a legitimate case:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: We as a society have a moral "duty of care" in everyday life. Proving that there is a duty of care is a good first step in proving negligence after an incident. For instance, it is a business owner's "duty" to protect his or her patrons from harm, such as fixing faulty wiring or a loose handrail. The same goes for truck drivers, big corporations, and others.
- Breach: Another step in proving negligence is showing how an entity "breached" their duty of care. A good example is a driver who ignores a stop sign and crashes into another car or pedestrian. They know they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not doing so.
- Causation: Causation is what caused the breach, like a driver knowing they're going too fast. This is the negligent act that breaches the duty of care.
- Damages: Lastly, there must be financial repercussions. Financial harm might include medical bills, lost time at work due to an injury, and other expenses. Our Portageville personal injury lawyers will consider short and long-term damages for our clients.
It is important to contact a qualified personal injury lawyer if you need (or do not know if you need) help or legal assistance. Burger Law has a strong track record for providing just that and winning cases.
A couple of resources about personal injury law that you may find useful include:
- Frequently Asked Legal Questions
- Client Testimonials
- Video Archives
- How to Choose a Law Firm
- Our Blog
Burger Law consists of a team of personal injury attorneys who proudly serve the Greater St. Louis area with the highest standard of representation, litigation, guidance, and support. Gary Burger and his associates are dedicated to recovering compensation to help injury victims and their families to cover medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. At Burger Law, we understand how severe injuries can negatively impact your mental, physical, and financial health, and we are prepared to stand with you through the entirety of your case from medical care to insurance and employer issues.
From car accidents and slips and falls to medical malpractice and a $113 Million Verdict by the MO Department of Corrections, Burger Law has the skill-set you need to win.
How To Choose The Right Personal Injury Lawyer For Me
How do you determine which personal injury lawyer is right for you? As yo …
How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim?
Do you know how long you have to file a personal injury claim? Or when th …
When to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer
When To Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer. Accidents and injuries are always …
Your Personal Injury Attorneys in Portageville, MO
It can be overwhelming if you are in an accident. It is essential to stay calm — here are a few steps to take if you are in an accident:
Our attorneys are often asked by clients if their claim will have to go to court. This is a possibility. However, this is rare if the claim is properly managed. It is often estimated that about five percent of tort (personal injury) cases ever go into a courtroom. Burger Law's Portageville, MO, personal injury attorneys will investigate your case and see if this is a possibility — our lawyers are not scared to take a claim to trial.
There are three typical types of personal injury (tort) cases:
- An "Intentional Tort." This consists of assault, battery, fraud, trespassing, defamation, and other criminal-like behavior.
- Negligence Torts are the most common. This includes car and truck accidents, medical malpractice, workplace injuries, dog bites, and others.
- Strict Liability torts are often cut and dry. These may include defective products, animal attacks, and other (obvious) dangerous activities.
Burger Law's Portageville, MO, personal injury attorneys will investigate your claim and make sure we approach it in the appropriate way to ensure maximum compensation for your injuries. Do not hesitate to contact us today to speak with an actual attorney.
There is no obligation. Feel free to talk to us without worrying about up-front fees. Our personal injury attorneys in Portageville, MO, defend victims and their families and make sure they are fairly compensated.
Get Help Today
Injury claims usually rely on negligence and fault. This allows people to seek compensation. This is not easy to do on your own. Let our firm give you the legal representation you deserve. Contact our Personal Injury Attorneys in Portageville, MO, today for a consultation and case review.