Personal Injury AttorneyPortland, MO
Have you been in an accident? Are you looking for legal representation and do not know what to do? Burger Law is here to help.
Our Portland, MO, Personal Injury Attorneys at Burger Law provide legal services to victims and their families in the Greater St. Louis area and beyond. It is important to our firm to help people get the compensation and assistance they need after an accident. Our Portland, MO, Personal Injury Attorneys can make sure you get the legal assistance you need. Feel free to contact Burger Law now for more information.
Selecting the right personal injury firm in Portland, MO, is an important decision. Our lawyers' goal is to win full recovery over your settlement. This may include general and special damages for your case such as hospital bills, loss of enjoyment, lost income, emotional distress, and others. We will cover this in more detail further down this page. Reach out to Burger Law and your Portland, MO, personal injury lawyers now if you think you might have a claim.
Do You Have a Personal Injury Case?
Burger Law has won millions for Portland, MO, injury clients. This includes car accidents, medical malpractice, product liability, slips and falls, worker's compensation, and others. Personal injury is a broad case-type that can involve any number of injuries. Nursing home abuse, motorcycle accidents, consumer protection, birth injuries: If there are financial damages, you might have a claim.
Burger Law's personal injury attorneys in Portland, MO, will assess your case. If there are financial damages, it is important to receive quality legal support. A serious injury can lead to serious repercussions. If you cannot work, have thousands in medical bills, and none of this was your fault, you likely have a claim.
Common injury claims we firm works with include:
Our Portland personal injury attorneys are available 24/7 and offer guidance on how to proceed after an injury. We charge on contingency, which means that if we do not win a claim, you do not pay any legal fees. If you have questions about your case, the damages you may be able to recover, or other questions regarding personal injury claims, call our Personal Injury Attorneys in Portland, MO, immediately at 314-542-2222 or 618-272-2222.
Compensation for Personal Injury Claims
One of the important factors in a personal injury case is determining negligence. It may be tempting to accept a settlement after an accident from an big insurance company or the negligent parties involved. However, it is important for our Portland, MO, injury attorneys to make sure your compensation is fair. Here are a few ways we go about proving a claim:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: People have a moral "duty of care" in everyday life. Proving there is a duty of care is a good first step in proving negligence after an incident. For instance, it is a business owner's "duty" to protect his or her customers from harm, such as fixing faulty wiring or a loose handrail. The same goes for truck drivers, giant corporations, and others.
- Breach: Another step for proving negligence is showing how a person or entity "breached" their duty of care. An example would be a driver that ignores a stop sign and crashes into another car or pedestrian. They know they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not stopping.
- Causation: Causation is simply what caused the breach, like a driver knowing they're going too fast. This is the negligent act that breaches the duty of care.
- Damages: Lastly, there must be financial damages. Financial harm might include medical bills, lost time at work due to an injury, and other expenses. Our Portland personal injury lawyers will consider short and long-term damages for our clients.
It is important to contact a qualified personal injury lawyer if you need (or do not know if you need) help or legal assistance. Burger Law has a strong track record for providing just that and winning cases.
A few resources about personal injury law that you may find useful include:
- Frequently Asked Legal Questions
- Client Testimonials
- Video Archives
- How to Choose a Law Firm
- Our Blog
Burger Law is made up of a team of personal injury lawyers who proudly serve the Metro St. Louis area with the highest standard of representation, litigation, guidance, and support. Gary Burger and his associates are dedicated to recovering compensation to help injury victims and their families in order to cover medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. At Burger Law, we understand how severe injuries can negatively impact your mental, physical, and financial health, and we are prepared to stand with you through the entirety of your case from medical care to insurance and employer issues.
From semi-truck accidents and product liability to worker's compensation cases and a $113 Million Verdict by the MO Department of Corrections, Burger Law has the experience you need to win.
How To Choose The Right Personal Injury Lawyer For Me
How do you determine which personal injury lawyer is right for you? As yo …
How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim?
Do you know how long you have to file a personal injury claim? Or when th …
When to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer
When To Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer. Accidents and injuries are always …
Your Personal Injury Attorneys in Portland, MO
We understand that it might be overwhelming to handle legal matters after an accident. It is essential to stay calm and collected — here are a few tips to remember if you or a family member have been in a serious accident:
A frequently asked question is "Will my claim go to court." This is a possibility. However, this is rare if the case is properly managed. It is often cited that about five percent of tort (personal injury) cases ever go into a courtroom. Our Portland, MO, personal injury attorneys will investigate your case and see if this is a possibility — our lawyers are not scared to take a claim to trial.
There are three typical types of personal injury (tort) cases:
- Intentional Torts consist of criminal behavior. This might include battery, assault, fraud, defamation, and other types of criminal activity.
- Negligence Torts are the most common. This includes car and truck accidents, medical malpractice, workplace injuries, dog bites, and others.
- Strict Liability torts are very very clear. This may include defective products, animal attacks, and other (obvious) dangerous activities.
Burger Law's Portland, MO, personal injury attorneys are ready and willing to take your case to ensure optimal compensation for your injuries. Do not hesitate to contact us now to speak with an actual lawyer.
There is no obligation. You can talk to us without worrying about up-front fees. Our personal injury attorneys in Portland, MO, defend victims and their families and make sure they are fairly compensated.
Get Help Now
Accident claims usually rely on the legal theory of negligence or fault. This allows victims and their families to seek compensation. This is not easy to do on your own. Let Burger Law give you the legal support you need. Contact our Personal Injury Attorneys in Portland, MO, now for a consultation and case review.