Personal Injury AttorneyPotosi, MO
Have you been in an accident? Are you looking for legal representation and do not know what to do? Burger Law is here to help.
Our Potosi, MO, Personal Injury Attorneys at Burger Law have provided legal representation to clients throughout the Midwest. It is important for our firm to help people get the compensation and assistance they need after an accident. Our Potosi, MO, Personal Injury Attorneys can ensure you get the legal help you deserve. Do not hesitate to contact our firm today if you have any questions.
Picking the right personal injury firm in Potosi, MO, is an important decision. It is our job to make sure you are fully compensated for your injuries. This includes special and general damages for your case such as loss of income, property damages, medical treatment, pain and suffering, and others. We will cover this in more detail later on. Reach out to our firm and your Potosi, MO, personal injury lawyers today if you think you might have a claim.
Do You Have a Personal Injury Claim?
Burger Law has won millions for Potosi, MO, injury victims. Many of these cases involve vehicle-related accidents, worker's compensation, medical malpractice claims, premise liability, and other types of claims. Personal injury is a wide case-type that can involve any number of injuries. Birth injuries, wrongful death, nursing home abuse, swimming pool accidents: If there are financial damages, you might have a claim.
Our personal injury attorneys in Potosi, MO, will assess your case. If there are financial damages, it is essential that you get the legal support you need. A serious injury may lead to serious repercussions. If you cannot work, have thousands in medical bills, and none of this was your fault, you likely have a claim.
Common accident cases our firm works with include the following:
Our Potosi personal injury attorneys are available 24/7 and can offer guidance on how to proceed after an injury. We charge on contingency, which means that if we do not win a case, you do not pay anything. If you have questions about your case, the damages you may be able to recover, or other questions regarding personal injury claims, call our Personal Injury Attorneys in Potosi, MO, immediately at 314-542-2222 or 618-272-2222 if you are in the 63664 area.
Damages for Personal Injury Cases
One of the important factors in a personal injury case is determining negligence. You may be able to get a quick and easy insurance payout (settlement). This can be tempting. However, it is important for our Potosi, MO, injury attorneys to make sure your compensation is fair and justified. Here are a few ways we go about proving a claim:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: We as a society have a moral "duty of care" in everyday life. Proving there is a duty of care is the first step in proving negligence after an accident. For instance, it is a business owner's "duty" to protect his or her customers from harm, such as fixing protruding nails or a dangerous stairway. The same goes for truck drivers, big corporations, and others.
- Breach: Another step for proving negligence is showing how an entity "breached" their duty of care. An example would be a driver that blows a red light and crashes into another car or pedestrian. They know they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not doing so.
- Causation: Causation is simply what caused the breach, like a driver knowing they're going too fast. This is the negligent act that breaches any expected duty of care.
- Damages: Lastly, there must be financial damages. Financial harm may include lost wages, medical bills, and other expenses. Burger Law's Potosi personal injury attorneys will consider short and long-term damages for our clients.
It is important to contact a qualified PI attorney if you need (or do not know if you need) legal representation. Burger Law has a strong track record for providing just that and winning cases.
A few resources about injury law that you may find useful include:
- Frequently Asked Legal Questions
- Client Testimonials
- Video Archives
- How to Choose a Law Firm
- Our Blog
Burger Law is made up of a team of personal injury lawyers who proudly serve the Metro St. Louis area with the highest standard of representation, litigation, guidance, and support. Gary Burger and his associates are dedicated to recovering compensation to help injury victims and their families to cover medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. At Burger Law, we understand how severe injuries can negatively impact your mental, physical, and financial health, and we are prepared to stand with you through the entirety of your case from medical care to insurance and employer issues.
From semi-truck accidents and product liability to worker's compensation cases and a $113 Million Verdict by the MO Department of Corrections, Burger Law has the skill-set you need to win.
How To Choose The Right Personal Injury Lawyer For Me
How do you determine which personal injury lawyer is right for you? As yo …
How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim?
Do you know how long you have to file a personal injury claim? Or when th …
When to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer
When To Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer. Accidents and injuries are always …
Your Personal Injury Attorneys in Potosi, MO
It can be overwhelming if you are in an accident. It is important to stay calm — here are a few tips to remember if you or a family member have been in a serious accident:
Our attorneys are often asked by clients if their claim will have to go to court. This is a possibility. However, this is rare if the case is properly managed. It is often cited that around five percent of tort (personal injury) cases ever make it to a courtroom. Burger Law's Potosi, MO, personal injury attorneys will investigate your case and see if this is a possibility — we are not afraid to escalate a claim and take it to court.
There are three typical types of personal injury (tort) cases:
- Intentional Torts consist of criminal behavior. This might include battery, assault, fraud, defamation, and other types of criminal activity.
- The most common type of tort case is Negligence which involves anything from a dog bite and a car accident to workplace injuries and medical malpractice.
- Strict Liability torts are often cut and dry. These may include defective products, animal attacks, and other (obvious) dangerous activities.
Burger Law's Potosi, MO, personal injury attorneys will investigate your claim and make sure we approach it in the appropriate way to ensure maximum compensation for your injuries. Do not hesitate to contact us today to speak with an actual lawyer.
There is no obligation. Feel free to talk to us without worrying about fees. Our personal injury attorneys in Potosi, MO, defend victims and their families and ensure they are fairly compensated.
Get Help Now
Injury claims usually rely on negligence and fault. This allows victims to seek compensation. This is not easy to do on your own. Let Burger Law give you the legal representation you deserve. Contact our Personal Injury Attorneys in Potosi, MO, now for a consultation and case review.