Personal Injury Attorney Savannah, MO
Personal injury attorney Savannah, MO. Were you seriously injured in an accident caused by someone else’s negligent or reckless actions in Savannah, MO? If so, you need to talk to a Savannah, MO personal injury attorney immediately. Give the St. Louis-based law firm of Burger Law a call right now at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online for a free, confidential, no-obligation consultation.
The Burger Law legal team demands a full recovery while fighting for your rights in your Savannah, MO personal injury claim. Our personal injury attorneys have successfully recovered more than $200 million in settlement and trial results for our clients, including a multi-year legal battle ending in a trial verdict of $113 million. While your personal injury case cannot undo the injuries and pain you have sustained, compensation can help you and your family’s future during this difficult time. Our personal injury attorneys will not stop until we obtain complete compensation for your injuries.
If you or someone you love were seriously injured in an accident because of someone else’s recklessness in Savannah, MO, see how much your claim may be worth with our free personal injury calculator.
Do I Need a Personal Injury Attorney in Savannah, MO?
Injuries occur, and they occur in a variety of situations in Savannah, MO. There are many reasons that someone else's negligence can cause you harm, and when that occurs a trustworthy and accomplished Burger Law personal injury attorney in Savannah, MO is here to stand up and fight for you. We have seen every type of personal injury case in Savannah, MO, and recognize exactly what to do to protect your future and get you the full compensation you are owed. Do not settle prior to talking with a Savannah, MO personal injury attorney first.
In most instances, there are four reasons you should get a personal injury attorney after you were injured:
You Sustained Significant Injuries or Injuries That Require Ongoing Treatment in Savannah, MO
If your injuries require assistive devices like crutches, will involve long-term physical treatments and therapy or have an effect on your ability to work and make a living in the future, you need to hire a personal injury lawyer in Savannah, MO so the full scope of your damages is paid for.
The Savannah, MO personal injury lawyers at Burger Law have substantial medical knowledge and connections with a network of doctors and other medical experts, as well. An Insurance Research Institute study found that people who are represented by personal injury lawyers are more likely to get the full medical care they need. Getting the right medical treatment also increases the value of your case.
The Insurance Company Is Not Being Fair
Despite being obligated to pay you for their client’s reckless behavior, insurance companies are after one thing – a profit. They want to pay you as little money as possible. Insurance companies are large, for-profit businesses, and frequently have shareholders who will be upset if they pay out numerous claims. Insurance adjusters are professionals when it comes to denying or minimizing claims.
Some of the tricks insurance companies use to devalue claims are:
- Attempting to get you to settle quickly, before you realize the full extent of your injuries
- Offering fake sympathy
- Attempting to shift blame for the accident on you
- Lying to you, such as:
- Telling you your medical care was unnecessary
- Saying they do not have to pay for medical care because you have insurance
- Telling you that they do not have to pay for lost wages because you had unused vacation time
- Saying a lawyer will cost more money than they are worth
According to research by Forbes, insurance companies are less likely to deny claims when individuals hire an attorney. They know they can prey on a lot of people, but an experienced Savannah, MO personal injury attorney at Burger Law will make them realize you are intent on getting a full financial recovery.
There is Disagreement Over Who Is At Fault in the Savannah, MO Accident
Some people who act negligently do not want to take responsibility for their actions. After all, if they admit they were at fault in a Savannah, MO accident, their insurance premium will rise. If the other party is disputing fault, a personal injury attorney in Savannah, MO will take official depositions and investigate all the facts to prove negligence. Burger Law knows how to hold negligent parties accountable.
There Are Other Complications to the Case
Sometimes, multiple people can be at fault, as not every Savannah, MO personal injury case is cut and dry. As an example, if a bar knowingly overserves a drunk driver you may be able to sue both the drunk driver and bar. Here are a few ways we prove a claim of negligence in Savannah, MO:
- Duty of Care: Throughout our everyday life, we have a moral duty of care to society as a whole. Proving that there is a duty of care – essentially that the other party has an obligation to value your safety – is the initial step in proving negligence. This can be another driver in a car, a doctor who agreed to treat you or a proprietor who has an obligation to keep their property safe.
- Breach of Duty: Another step for proving negligence is showing how an entity breached their duty of care. That they did not hold up their end of the bargain. Was the Savannah, MO driver not looking before going through an intersection? The driver knew they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not doing so. Did a Savannah, MO doctor not get your consent before a certain treatment? Was the Savannah, MO property manager aware of a loose floorboard but not take steps to repair it?.
- Causation: Causation is simply what caused the breach, much like that driver in Savannah, MO knowing they are going too fast. This is the reckless and negligent act that breaches any expected duty of care.
- Damages: Finally, there must be financial repercussions. In any personal injury case, you must prove that harm was done. This can be financial loss like lost wages or medical expenses, or the physical and mental repercussions you have faced as a result of the other party's negligence. Burger Law's Savannah, MO personal injury attorneys will calculate short and long-term damages for our clients.
What Should I Expect From a Savannah, MO Personal Injury Attorney?
The Burger Law personal injury attorneys have the dedication, talent, knowledge, and experience to make sure you get the result you deserve. Frequently, dishonest insurance companies will try to take advantage of your fear and anxiety as medical bills start piling up and you miss consistent time off work. They want you to settle quickly, so they behave like your friend. That is why you should always speak to a Savannah, MO personal injury lawyer first prior to settling a case. We have seen every tactic in the book that insurance companies will utilize to lessen your compensation. Insurance adjusters are experienced negotiators and recognize that this is probably the first time you have to settle an injury claim. The Savannah, MO personal injury attorneys at Burger Law fight back against resistant insurance companies. The insurance companies are afraid of us because they know we take on and win the tough cases.
Beyond standing up to bullies like resistant insurance companies, you can expect your determined and dedicated Burger Law Savannah, MO personal injury lawyer to stand by your side every step of the way. We start working on your case immediately. We handle all communication, documentation and litigation and will keep you informed throughout the entire legal process. When you hire our Savannah, MO personal injury lawyer team, we immediately work to diligently procure evidence and interview eyewitnesses and Savannah, MO experts. We comb through every facet of your case to determine negligence and calculate the precise dollar amount of your damages. If you have been injured because of another person's negligence or reckless actions in Savannah, MO, there is no time to delay. Missouri Revised Statute § 516.120 establishes a five-year deadline for the filing of all lawsuits seeking a legal remedy for an “injury to a person.”
What Kind of Compensation Can a Savannah, MO Personal Injury Attorney Help Recover?
Your Savannah, MO personal injury lawyer will aggressively pursue maximum compensation for the full scope of your damages – emotional and financial. At Burger Law, we are not content to just have you reimbursed for your property damage and current medical bills. Catastrophic injuries do not just affect your finances, they have an impact on your family, your ability to enjoy life and your ability to carry out standard daily tasks in Savannah, MO. You deserve to be compensated for every way that your injury has affected your life.
In a Missouri personal injury claim you are generally eligible for a financial recovery for two types of damages:
These compensate you for the money you have spent or missed out on due to your injuries. They include:
- All of your medical expenses related to the accident, such as emergency room bills, prescription medications, physical therapy and assistive devices such as home or vehicle modification. They also include future medical expenses, such as if you had a joint replacement after your accident and will need another one in the future.
- Lost wages from not being able to work, or your loss of earning potential if your injuries prevent you from earning a living the way you are used to.
- Property damage, such as damage to your vehicle in an auto accident or if something on your person was broken in a slip and fall.
- Other miscellaneous expenses related to the injury such as daycare and the cost of transportation you spent going to and from medical appointments.
. If you have future medical expenses or lost earning capacity, your Savannah, MO injury lawyer at Burger Law will use testimony from expert medical and economic witnesses to accurately value how much you are owed.
These damages are not as easy to quantify, and refer to intangible damages that impact your emotional well-being and ability to enjoy life in Savannah, MO. These include, but are not limited to:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
While a resistant insurance company may try to downplay your noneconomic damages in an effort to minimize your payout, your Burger Law personal injury lawyer in Savannah, MO has seen firsthand the profound impact these injuries can have on your life. We will insist that you get the complete financial recovery you deserve.
In claims concerning gross negligence or intentional harm, you may be able to recover punitive damages as well. For example, when we sue drunk drivers near Savannah, MO, we often seek punitive damages so they are further punished and deterred.
How To Choose The Right Personal Injury Lawyer For Me
How do you determine which personal injury lawyer is right for you? As yo …
How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim?
Do you know how long you have to file a personal injury claim? Or when th …
When to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer
When To Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer. Accidents and injuries are always …
What Are the Common Types of Savannah, MO Personal Injury Cases?
- Car, Truck, Bus and Motorcycle Accidents
- Slip and Fall Accidents
- Medical Malpractice
- Wrongful Death
Auto wrecks are the most common sort of claims that Savannah, MO personal injury attorneyssee. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's motor vehicle accident statistics, in 2019 over 36,000 people died in motor vehicle crashes in the United States, and another 2.5 million were had to go to the emergency room, resulting in $56 billion in medical costs and lost wages nationwide.
Falling is the leading cause of emergency room visits in the US, about 8 millions visits per year. Slip and falls constitute 1 million, or 12 percent of those trips. They are also the leading cause of workers' compensation cases and account for the most time off work.
While errors can occur in the medical world, Savannah, MO doctors and other medical professionals are still obligated to meet a standard of care. When that standard is neglected, you may have a medical malpractice claim.
Your Savannah, MO personal injury lawyer at Burger Law knows that nothing can truly atone for the death of a loved one. There can be many causes of wrongful death, but your Savannah, MO personal injury attorney at Burger Law will help make sure that your financial future is protected and secure and that you receive the aid you need.
Contact a Burger Law Personal Injury Attorney in Savannah, MO
Never settle for less than you deserve. No matter if it is some other personal injury attorney trying to plot and scheme you into hiring them or a meager offer from an insurance company, do not settle. Burger Law has knowledgeable, aggressive and unwavering Savannah, MO personal injury attorneys ready to stand by your side and fight for your rights throughout the life of your case.