Personal Injury AttorneyShelbyville, IL
Have you been in an accident? Are you looking for legal representation and do not know what to do? Burger Law is here to help.
Our Shelbyville, IL, Personal Injury Attorneys at Burger Law have provided legal representation to clients throughout the Midwest. It is important to our firm to help people get the compensation and assistance they need after an accident. Burger Law's Shelbyville, IL, Personal Injury Attorneys can ensure you get the legal assistance you need. Feel free to contact Burger Law now for more information.
Picking the right personal injury firm in Shelbyville, IL, is an important decision. Our lawyers' goal is to win full recovery over your settlement. This may include special and general damages for your case such as loss of income, property damages, medical treatment, pain and suffering, and others. We will cover this in more detail later on. Reach out to Burger Law and your Shelbyville, IL, personal injury lawyers now if you might have a case.
Do You Have a Personal Injury Case?
Burger Law has won millions for Shelbyville, IL, injury clients. Many of these cases involve car accidents, medical malpractice, product liability, slips and falls, worker's compensation, and others. Personal injury is a broad case-type that can involve any number of injuries. Birth injuries, wrongful death, nursing home abuse, swimming pool accidents: If there are financial damages, you may have a claim.
Our personal injury lawyers in Shelbyville, IL, will assess your case. If there are financial damages, it is important to receive quality legal support. A serious injury may lead to serious repercussions. If you cannot work, have thousands in medical bills, and none of this was your fault, you likely have a claim.
Common accident claims we firm works with include:
Our Shelbyville personal injury attorneys are available 24/7 and offer advice on how to proceed after an injury. We bill on contingency, which means that if we do not win a case, you do not pay any legal fees. If you have questions about your case, the damages you may be able to recover, or other questions regarding personal injury claims, call our Personal Injury Attorneys in Shelbyville, IL, now at 314-542-2222 or 618-272-2222 if you are in the 62565 area.
Compensation for Personal Injury Claims
One of the important factors in a personal injury case is determining negligence. It may be tempting to accept a settlement after an accident from an big insurance company or the negligent parties involved. However, it is important for our Shelbyville, IL, injury attorneys to make sure your compensation is fair. Here are a few ways we go about proving a claim:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: People have a moral "duty of care" in everyday life. Proving that there is a duty of care is the main step in proving negligence after an accident. For instance, it is a business owner's "duty" to protect his or her patrons from harm, like fixing a hole in the floor or faulty wiring. The same goes for truck drivers, giant corporations, and others.
- Breach: Another step for proving negligence is showing how a person or entity "breached" their duty of care. A good example is a driver who blows a red light and crashes into another car or pedestrian. They know they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not doing so.
- Causation: Causation is simply what caused the breach, like a driver knowing they're going too fast. This is the negligent act that breaches the duty of care.
- Damages: Lastly, there has to be financial repercussions. Financial harm might include lost wages, medical bills, and other expenses. Burger Law's Shelbyville personal injury attorneys will consider short and long-term damages for our clients.
It is important to contact a skilled PI lawyer if you need (or do not know if you need) help or legal assistance. Burger Law has a strong track record for providing just that and winning cases.
A few resources about personal injury law that you may find useful include:
- Frequently Asked Legal Questions
- Client Testimonials
- Video Archives
- How to Choose a Law Firm
- Our Blog
Burger Law consists of a team of personal injury lawyers who proudly serve the Greater St. Louis area with the highest standard of representation, litigation, guidance, and support. Gary Burger and his associates are dedicated to recovering compensation to help injury victims and their families in order to cover medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. At Burger Law, we understand how severe injuries can negatively impact your mental, physical, and financial health, and we are prepared to stand with you through the entirety of your case from medical care to insurance and employer issues.
From car accidents and slips and falls to medical malpractice and a $113 Million Verdict by the MO Department of Corrections, Burger Law has the skill-set you need to win.
How To Choose The Right Personal Injury Lawyer For Me
How do you determine which personal injury lawyer is right for you? As yo …
How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim?
Do you know how long you have to file a personal injury claim? Or when th …
When to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer
When To Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer. Accidents and injuries are always …
Your Personal Injury Attorneys in Shelbyville, IL
We understand that it might be overwhelming to handle legal matters after an accident. It is essential to stay calm and collected — here are a few tips to remember if you or a family member have been in a serious accident:
Our attorneys are often asked by clients if their claim will have to go to court. This is a possibility. However, this is not a likely scenario if the case is properly managed. It is often cited that about five percent of tort (personal injury) cases ever end up in a courtroom. Burger Law's Shelbyville, IL, personal injury attorneys will investigate your case and see if this is a possibility — our lawyers are not scared to escalate a claim and take it to court.
There are three basic types of personal injury (tort) cases:
- Intentional Torts consist of criminal behavior. This might include battery, assault, fraud, defamation, and other types of criminal activity.
- The most common type of tort case is Negligence which involves anything from a dog bite and a car accident to workplace injuries and medical malpractice.
- Strict Liability torts are often cut and dry. These may include defective products, animal attacks, and other (obvious) dangerous activities.
Burger Law's Shelbyville, IL, personal injury attorneys are ready and willing to take your case to ensure optimal compensation for your injuries. Do not hesitate to contact us now to speak with an actual attorney.
There is no obligation. You can talk to us without worrying about fees. Our personal injury attorneys in Shelbyville, IL, defend victims and their families and ensure they are fairly compensated.
Get Help Now
Accident claims usually rely on negligence or fault. This allows victims and their families to seek compensation. This is not easy to do on your own. Let Burger Law give you the legal support you deserve. Contact our Personal Injury Attorneys in Shelbyville, IL, now for a consultation and case review.