Personal Injury AttorneySparta, IL
Have you been in an accident? Are you looking for legal representation and do not know what to do? Burger Law is here to help.
Our Sparta, IL, Personal Injury Attorneys at Burger Law provide legal services to victims and their families in the Greater St. Louis area and beyond. It is important for our firm to help people get the compensation and assistance they need after an accident. Burger Law's Sparta, IL, Personal Injury Attorneys can ensure you get the legal help you need. Feel free to contact Burger Law now for more information.
Selecting the right personal injury firm near Sparta, IL, is an important decision. It is our job to make sure you are fully compensated for your injuries. This may include general and special damages for your case such as hospital bills, loss of enjoyment, lost income, emotional distress, and others. We will cover this in more detail further down this page. Reach out to Burger Law and your Sparta, IL, personal injury lawyers today if you might have a case.
Do You Have a Personal Injury Claim?
Burger Law has won millions for Sparta, IL, injury victims. Many of these cases involve car accidents, medical malpractice, product liability, slips and falls, worker's compensation, and others. Personal injury is a broad case-type that can involve any number of injuries. Nursing home abuse, motorcycle accidents, consumer protection, birth injuries: If there are financial damages, you may have a claim.
Burger Law's personal injury lawyers in Sparta, IL, will consider your case. If there are financial damages, it is essential that you get the legal support you need. A serious injury can lead to serious repercussions. If you cannot work, have thousands in medical bills, and none of this was your fault, you likely have a claim.
Common accident cases we firm works with include:
Our Sparta personal injury attorneys are available 24/7 and offer guidance on how to proceed after an injury. We charge on contingency, which means that if we do not win a claim, you do not pay anything. If you have questions about your case, the damages you may be able to recover, or other questions regarding personal injury claims, call our Personal Injury Attorneys in Sparta, IL, now at 314-542-2222 or 618-272-2222 if you are in the 62286 area.
Damages for Personal Injury Cases
It is important to prove negligence in a personal injury case. It may be tempting to accept a settlement after an accident from an big insurance company or the negligent parties involved. However, it is important for our Sparta, IL, injury attorneys to make sure your compensation is fair and justified. Here are a few ways we go about proving a claim:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: People have a moral "duty of care" in everyday life. Proving there is a duty of care is a good first step in proving negligence after an incident. For example, it is a business owner's "duty" to protect their customers from harm, like fixing a hole in the floor or faulty wiring. The same goes for truck drivers, giant corporations, and others.
- Breach: Another step in proving negligence is showing how an entity "breached" their duty of care. A good example is a driver who blows a red light and crashes into another car or pedestrian. The driver knew they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not stopping.
- Causation: Causation is what caused the breach, like a driver knowing they're going too fast. This is the negligent act that breaches the duty of care.
- Damages: Lastly, there has to be financial repercussions. Financial harm might include lost wages, medical bills, and other expenses. Burger Law's Sparta personal injury attorneys will consider short and long-term damages for our clients.
It is important to contact a qualified PI attorney if you need (or do not know if you need) legal representation. Burger Law has a strong track record for providing just that and winning cases.
A couple of resources about personal injury law that you may find useful include:
- Frequently Asked Legal Questions
- Client Testimonials
- Video Archives
- How to Choose a Law Firm
- Our Blog
Burger Law consists of a team of personal injury lawyers who proudly serve the Greater St. Louis area with the highest standard of representation, litigation, guidance, and support. Gary Burger and his associates are dedicated to recovering compensation to help injury victims and their families in order to cover medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. At Burger Law, we understand how severe injuries can negatively impact your mental, physical, and financial health, and we are prepared to stand with you through the entirety of your case from medical care to insurance and employer issues.
From car accidents and slips and falls to medical malpractice and a $113 Million Verdict by the MO Department of Corrections, Burger Law has the experience you need to win.
How To Choose The Right Personal Injury Lawyer For Me
How do you determine which personal injury lawyer is right for you? As yo …
How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim?
Do you know how long you have to file a personal injury claim? Or when th …
When to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer
When To Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer. Accidents and injuries are always …
Your Personal Injury Attorneys in Sparta, IL
It can be overwhelming if you are in an accident. It is essential to stay calm — here are a few tips to remember if you or a family member have been in a serious accident:
Our attorneys are often asked by clients if their claim will have to go to court. This is a possibility. However, this is not a likely scenario if the case is properly managed. It is often estimated that around five percent of tort (personal injury) cases ever make it to a courtroom. Our Sparta, IL, personal injury attorneys will investigate your case and see if this is a possibility — our lawyers are not scared to escalate a claim and take it to court.
There are three simple types of personal injury (tort) cases:
- Intentional Torts consist of criminal behavior. This might include battery, assault, fraud, defamation, and other types of criminal activity.
- Negligence Torts are the most common. This includes car and truck accidents, medical malpractice, workplace injuries, dog bites, and others.
- Strict Liability torts are usually cut and dry. These may include defective products, animal attacks, and other (obvious) dangerous activities.
Burger Law's Sparta, IL, personal injury attorneys will investigate your claim and make sure we approach it in the appropriate way to ensure maximum compensation for your injuries. Do not hesitate to contact us now to speak with an actual lawyer.
There is no obligation. You can talk to us without worrying about fees. Our personal injury attorneys in Sparta, IL, defend victims and their families and ensure they get the highest amount of compensation possible.
Get Help Now
Injury claims usually rely on the legal theory of negligence and fault. This allows people to seek compensation. This is not easy to do on your own. Let our firm give you the legal representation you deserve. Contact our Personal Injury Attorneys in Sparta, IL, today for a consultation and case review.