Personal Injury AttorneyWayne City, IL
Have you been in an accident? Are you looking for legal representation and do not know what to do? Burger Law is here to help.
Our Wayne City, IL, Personal Injury Attorneys at Burger Law provide legal services to victims and their families in the Greater St. Louis area and beyond. It is important to our firm to help people get the compensation and assistance they need after an accident. Our Wayne City, IL, Personal Injury Attorneys can make sure you get the legal help you need. Feel free to contact Burger Law now for more information.
Selecting the right personal injury firm near Wayne City, IL, is an important decision. It is our job to make sure you are fully compensated for your injuries. This may include general and special damages for your case like hospital bills, loss of enjoyment, lost income, emotional distress, and others. We will get into this in more detail later on. Reach out to our firm and your Wayne City, IL, personal injury lawyers today if you might have a case.
Do You Have a Personal Injury Case?
Burger Law has won millions for Wayne City, IL, personal injury clients. This includes car accidents, medical malpractice, product liability, slips and falls, worker's compensation, and others. Personal injury is a broad case-type that can involve any number of injuries. Nursing home abuse, motorcycle accidents, consumer protection, birth injuries: If there are financial damages, you might have a claim.
Burger Law's personal injury lawyers in Wayne City, IL, will consider your case. If there are financial damages, it is essential that you get the legal support you need. A serious injury may lead to serious repercussions. If, for instance, you have high medical bills, can no longer work, and are struggling due to an injury, you probably have a valid claim.
Common injury claims our firm works with include:
Our Wayne City personal injury attorneys are available 24/7 and can offer advice on how to proceed after an injury. We charge on contingency, which means that if we do not win a claim, you do not pay any legal fees. If you have questions about your case, the damages you may be able to recover, or other questions regarding personal injury claims, call our Personal Injury Attorneys in Wayne City, IL, now at 314-542-2222 or 618-272-2222 if you are in the 62895 area.
Compensation for Personal Injury Claims
One of the important factors in a personal injury case is determining negligence. You may be able to get a quick and easy insurance payout (settlement). This can be tempting. However, it is important for our Wayne City, IL, injury attorneys to make sure your compensation is fair. Here are a few ways we go about proving a claim:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: People have a moral "duty of care" in everyday life. Proving there is a duty of care is the first step in proving negligence after an incident. For example, it is a business owner's "duty" to protect their patrons from harm, such as fixing a hole in the floor or faulty wiring. The same goes for truck drivers, big corporations, and others.
- Breach: The next step in proving negligence is showing how an entity "breached" their duty of care. An example would be a driver that ignores a stop sign and crashes into another car or pedestrian. The driver knew they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not stopping.
- Causation: Causation is simply what caused the breach, like a landlord not salting a metal fire escape. This is the negligent act that breaches any expected duty of care.
- Damages: Finally, there has to be financial damages. Financial harm might include rehabilitation, lost wages, and other expenses. Burger Law's Wayne City personal injury attorneys will consider short and long-term damages for our clients.
It is important to contact a skilled PI lawyer if you need (or do not know if you need) legal representation. Burger Law has a strong track record for providing just that and winning cases.
A few resources about personal injury law that you may find useful include:
- Frequently Asked Legal Questions
- Client Testimonials
- Video Archives
- How to Choose a Law Firm
- Our Blog
Burger Law is made up of a team of personal injury attorneys who proudly serve the Greater St. Louis area with the highest standard of representation, litigation, guidance, and support. Gary Burger and his associates are dedicated to recovering compensation to help injury victims and their families in order to cover medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. At Burger Law, we understand how severe injuries can negatively impact your mental, physical, and financial health, and we are prepared to stand with you through the entirety of your case from medical care to insurance and employer issues.
From semi-truck accidents and product liability to worker's compensation cases and a $113 Million Verdict by the MO Department of Corrections, our firm has the experience you need to win.
How To Choose The Right Personal Injury Lawyer For Me
How do you determine which personal injury lawyer is right for you? As yo …
How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim?
Do you know how long you have to file a personal injury claim? Or when th …
When to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer
When To Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer. Accidents and injuries are always …
Your Personal Injury Attorneys in Wayne City, IL
We understand that it might be overwhelming to handle legal matters after an accident. It is essential to stay calm and collected — here are a few tips to remember if you or a family member have been in a serious accident:
Our attorneys are often asked by clients if their claim will have to go to court. This is a possibility. However, this is not a likely scenario if the claim is properly managed. It is often cited that around five percent of tort (personal injury) cases ever end up in a courtroom. Our Wayne City, IL, personal injury attorneys will investigate your case and see if this is a possibility — we are not afraid to take a claim to trial.
There are three basic types of personal injury (tort) cases:
- Intentional Torts consist of criminal behavior. This might include battery, assault, fraud, defamation, and other types of criminal activity.
- Negligence Torts are the most common. This includes car and truck accidents, medical malpractice, workplace injuries, dog bites, and others.
- Strict Liability torts are very cut and dry. This may include defective products, animal attacks, and other (obvious) dangerous activities.
Burger Law's Wayne City, IL, personal injury attorneys will investigate your claim and make sure we approach it in the appropriate way to ensure maximum compensation for your injuries. Do not hesitate to contact us now to speak with an actual lawyer.
There is no obligation. You can talk to us without worrying about payment. Our personal injury attorneys in Wayne City, IL, defend victims and their families and ensure they are fairly compensated.
Get Help Now
Injury claims usually rely on the legal theory of negligence or fault. This allows victims and their families to seek compensation. This is not easy to do on your own. Let our firm give you the legal representation you need. Contact our Personal Injury Attorneys in Wayne City, IL, today for a consultation and case review.