Personal Injury AttorneyWood River, IL
Have you been in an accident? Are you looking for legal representation and do not know what to do? Burger Law is here to help.
Our Wood River, IL, Personal Injury Attorneys at Burger Law provide legal services to victims and their families in the Greater St. Louis area and beyond. It is important to our firm to help people get the compensation and assistance they need after an accident. Burger Law's Wood River, IL, Personal Injury Attorneys will ensure you get the legal assistance you need. Do not hesitate to contact our firm today if you have any questions.
Picking the right personal injury firm in Wood River, IL, is an important decision. It is our job to make sure you are fully compensated for your injuries. This may include special and general damages for your case such as loss of income, property damages, medical treatment, pain and suffering, and others. We will cover this in more detail later on. Reach out to Burger Law and your Wood River, IL, personal injury lawyers now if you might have a case.
Do You Have a Personal Injury Claim?
Burger Law has won millions for Wood River, IL, injury clients. This includes car accidents, medical malpractice, product liability, slips and falls, worker's compensation, and others. Personal injury is a broad case-type that involves any number of injuries. Nursing home abuse, motorcycle accidents, consumer protection, birth injuries: If there are financial damages, you might have a claim.
Our personal injury lawyers in Wood River, IL, will consider your case. If there are financial damages, it is essential that you get the legal support you need. A serious injury may lead to serious repercussions. If, for instance, you have high medical bills, can no longer work, and are struggling due to an injury, you probably have a valid claim.
Common injury cases we firm works with include the following:
Our Wood River personal injury attorneys are available 24/7 and can offer guidance on how to proceed after an injury. We bill on contingency, which means that if we do not win a case, you do not pay any legal fees. If you have questions about your case, the damages you may be able to recover, or other questions regarding personal injury claims, call our Personal Injury Attorneys in Wood River, IL, immediately at 314-542-2222 or 618-272-2222 if you are in the 62024 area.
Compensation for Personal Injury Cases
One of the important factors in a personal injury case is determining negligence. You may be able to get a quick and easy insurance payout (settlement). This can be tempting. However, it is important for our Wood River, IL, injury attorneys to make sure your compensation is fair and justified. Here are a few ways we go about proving a claim:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: We as a society have a moral "duty of care" in everyday life. Proving there is a duty of care is the first step in proving negligence after an incident. For instance, it is a business owner's "duty" to protect his or her customers from harm, such as fixing a hole in the floor or faulty wiring. The same goes for truck drivers, giant corporations, and others.
- Breach: Another step in proving negligence is showing how a person or entity "breached" their duty of care. An example would be a driver that ignores a stop sign and crashes into another car or pedestrian. They know they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not doing so.
- Causation: Causation is simply what caused the breach, like a driver knowing they're going too fast. This is the negligent act that breaches the duty of care.
- Damages: Lastly, there has to be financial repercussions. Financial harm might include lost wages, medical bills, and other expenses. Our Wood River personal injury lawyers will consider short and long-term damages for our clients.
It is important to contact a skilled PI attorney if you need (or do not know if you need) legal representation. Burger Law has a strong track record for providing just that and winning cases.
A few resources about personal injury law that you may find useful include:
- Frequently Asked Legal Questions
- Client Testimonials
- Video Archives
- How to Choose a Law Firm
- Our Blog
Burger Law is made up of a team of personal injury attorneys who proudly serve the Greater St. Louis area with the highest standard of representation, litigation, guidance, and support. Gary Burger and his associates are dedicated to recovering compensation to help injury victims and their families in order to cover medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. At Burger Law, we understand how severe injuries can negatively impact your mental, physical, and financial health, and we are prepared to stand with you through the entirety of your case from medical care to insurance and employer issues.
From semi-truck accidents and product liability to worker's compensation cases and a $113 Million Verdict by the MO Department of Corrections, Burger Law has the experience you need to win.
How To Choose The Right Personal Injury Lawyer For Me
How do you determine which personal injury lawyer is right for you? As yo …
How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim?
Do you know how long you have to file a personal injury claim? Or when th …
When to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer
When To Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer. Accidents and injuries are always …
Your Personal Injury Attorneys in Wood River, IL
We understand that it might be overwhelming to handle legal matters after an accident. It is essential to stay calm — here are a few steps to take if you are in an accident:
A frequently asked question is "Will my claim go to court." This is a possibility. However, this is rare if the claim is properly managed. It is often cited that around five percent of tort (personal injury) cases ever go into a courtroom. Burger Law's Wood River, IL, personal injury attorneys will investigate your case and see if this is a possibility — we are not afraid to escalate a claim and take it to court.
There are three simple types of personal injury (tort) cases:
- Intentional Torts consist of criminal behavior. This might include battery, assault, fraud, defamation, and other types of criminal activity.
- Negligence Torts are the most common. This includes car and truck accidents, medical malpractice, workplace injuries, dog bites, and others.
- Strict Liability torts are often very clear. This may include defective products, animal attacks, and other (obvious) dangerous activities.
Burger Law's Wood River, IL, personal injury attorneys are ready and willing to take your case to ensure optimal compensation for your injuries. Do not hesitate to contact us now to speak with an actual attorney.
- Truck Accident Law Firm in Illinois
- Car Crash Lawyer in Illinois
- Personal Injury Attorney in Illinois
- Car Accident Attorneys in Illinois
- Injury Lawyer in Illinois
There is no obligation. You can talk to us without worrying about fees. Our personal injury attorneys in Wood River, IL, defend victims and their families and ensure they are fairly compensated.
Get Help Today
Injury claims typically rely on the legal theory of negligence or fault. This allows victims to seek compensation. This is not easy to do on your own. Let Burger Law give you the legal representation you need. Contact our Personal Injury Attorneys in Wood River, IL, now for a consultation and case review.